Externship Medical Assistant Resume
Objective : To obtain Externship Medical Assistant employment that will allow to display and enhance skill setting.
Skills : Phlebotomy, Vital Signs, Scheduling Appointments, Customer Service, Computer.
- Set up appointment times and rescheduled appointments.
- Filed and retrieved medical records.
- Printed and faxed medical files.
- Answered multi-line telephones in a timely and polite manner.
- Assisted patients with insurance forms and verified insurances.
- Collected co-pays.
- Made new patient folder packets.
- Registered new patients.
- Communicated with patients on behalf of the doctor by relaying information between pediatricians and patients.
Jr. Externship Medical Assistant Resume
Objective : Seeking a Externship Medical Assistant position with a growing organization to make a positive impact on revenues, and experience long term career growth.
Skills : Communication Skills, Managmenet.
- Explained treatment procedures, medications, special diets and doctors instructions to patients.
- Authorized prescription refills and provided prescription information to pharmacies.
- Performed vision, hearing, and hemoglobin testing.
- Showed patients to their examination rooms and prepared them for physician.
- Scheduled and confirmed patient appointments.
- Ensured cleanliness, sanitation, and maintenance of all exam rooms and equipment before and after each patient visit.
- Obtained patient vital signs: blood pressure, height, weight, temperature, pulse, respiratory.
- Maintained smooth work flow at front desk by answering telephones, greeting and assisting patients upon arrival.
- Followed all HIPPA guidelines and maintained strict confidentiality and patient rights.
Sr. Externship Medical Assistant Resume
Summary : Versatile and hardworking Externship Medical Assistant professional and recent graduate from an accredited CMA program. Relates well to patients and families, explains information clearly to a diverse population, and develops rapport through compassionate interaction. Recognized as an organized, pleasant, and multi-task oriented professional with a willingness to help others.
Skills : Technology: Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint | Athena | Centricity | AllMeds | Practice Manager X3 | CGC | Quickbooks.
- Provided patient clinical and administrative support in a private OB/GYN practice.
- Collected urine specimens for urinalysis and cultures.
- Administered injections per doctors and/or physician's assistant orders.
- Assisted the doctor and physician's assistants with exams and procedures as needed.
- Assisted the back office in preparation of patients and rooms for OB/GYN exams and surgical procedures.
- Patient Management Greeted patients and prepared patient charts.
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical history and gathered and recorded vitals.
- Triaged patient calls based on urgency routing calls to doctor, nurses, or office manager as appropriate.
- Assisted the front desk utilizing Practice Manager X3 to handle scheduling and billing.
Externship Medical Assistant I Resume
Objective : Academically trained Externship Medical Assistant professional in the medical field with 4 plus years of customer service experience; seeking to provide the up most customer care to my patients while continuously learning new facets of the medical industry.
Skills : Learn new , File Paperwork, Follow Directions/Communicates Well, Knows 10key/Copy/Fax, Vital Signs, Phlebotomy, HIPPA compliance, Word Proficiency, Time Management, Injections, Infection/Quality Control,.
- Assisted patients with any questions of procedures.
- Offered professional patient service throughout externship.
- Professionally completed all patient charts.
- Followed all safety instructions.
- Preformed vitals on incoming patients.
- Performed urinalysis and injections.
- Performed blood draws and Hematology test.
- Answered and transferred phone calls.
Externship Medical Assistant II Resume
Headline : Externship Medical Assistant skilled with greeting patients, scheduling appointments and preparing patient charts. Skill Highlights: Quick learner Patient-focused care Minor surgery assistance Strong ability to multi-task CPR certification Dedicated team player Friendly and helpful Venipuncture/blood draw Mobility assistance aptitude.
Skills : MS Office, Management.
- Opened and stocked patient rooms, filed charts.
- Greeted patients and preformed routine vitals.
- Prepped the doctor with any flagged or other important information about the current patient.
- Conducted and obtained urine specimens.
- Followed shipping intruction for all patient specimens.
- Received and stocked all ethical supplies and materials.
- Preformed routine vaccinations as requested by doctors.
- Preformed patient call backs as needed.
Externship Medical Assistant III Resume
Summary : To obtain a challenging and rewarding Externship Medical Assistant position in a fast paced atmosphere that will allow to gain experience while helping a diverse group of people.
Skills : Excellent Customer Service, Management.
- Performs vitals on patients, patient interaction and intake.
- Performs Allergy Testing, educate patients on procedure, and provide patient literature on AllergyEasy drops.
- Performs EKG, ApneaLink sleep studies.
- Explains procedure and perform Nerve Conduction Testing.
- Performs phlebotomy, processing urine samples and routine specimens.
- Performs glucose, HgA1C, INR testing.
- Administers Intramuscular Injections and perform PPD Testing.
- Sutures removal, staple removal Scheduling patients using Mysis.
- Maintains patient paper charts, scanning patient data, and maintaining Electronic Health Record using Allscripts.
Asst. Externship Medical Assistant Resume
Objective : Externship Medical Assistant as clinical and Administrative experience, and the Elite Ambassador.
Skills : Vitals Signs, Venipuncture, Injections, Bandaging, Throat Swabbing, Urinalysis.
- Triaged patients and completed patient charting.
- Perform EKG's withe accuracy.
- Performed and average of 10-15 venipunctures daily.
- Performed approximately 10 patients injections daily.
- Administered NEB Treatments on patients with asthma.
- Completed Peek Flow Meter Procedures.
- Independently conducted patient physicals.
- Completed clerical duties such as: faxing, filling, and copying.
Associate Externship Medical Assistant Resume
Headline : Under the general supervision of the Senior Clinic Director and TMS Coordinator, provides safe, therapeutic and efficient transcranial magnetic stimulator (TMS) care and services to patients. Assists in direct patient care, performs treatments, and instructs patients and their families in appropriate care, as directed by their provider. Is an active team participant in the patient-centered practice, by aiding in the development of office workflows that support patient centered care.
Skills : Phlebotomy, CPR N First Aid, Medical Billing And Coding, Preforming EKGs.
- Completed a 180 hour course Preformed receptionist work such as making appointments, calling in prescriptions, sorting mail, updating patients information, filing paperwork and charts away, and handling minor billing and coding.
- Collected blood, urine and other specimens as ordered, prepare injections for the doctor, preform injections,processed insurance billing for quest 360, tagged, bagged and dropped specimen to be picked up.
- Restocked lab as well as office and bathrooms with supplies needed daily, as well as maintaining cleanliness.
- Called patients back to get their height, weight, blood pressure, and chief complaints.
- Filled out SOAP notes accordingly.
- Brought patients back for pain management treatments such as tens units, exercise , heat therapy, and preparing the doctor for in- office procedures as well as assistanting.
- Copied charts for patients changing doctors.
- Prepared a office to close down and making sure all patients are informed, have enough prescriptions, ordering prescriptions, faxing charts and preparing record release forms.
Lead Externship Medical Assistant Resume
Summary : Seeking the position as a Medical Assistant skills, knowledge, certification and experience to benefit the organization.
Skills : Phlebotomy, Injections, Urinalysis, EKG's, Vital Signs, Medical Office Procedures, and Medical Office Finances.
- Explain and administer treatments to patients while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Administer TMS treatments according to specific physician protocols. Set up the TMS medical device and monitor all aspects of the treatment sessions for patient comfort and treatment accuracy.
- Provide excellent patient care and treat patients with compassion while developing trust and rapport. Provide support, reflective listening, and compassion to patients struggling with depression and/or anxiety.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with patient comfort, coil contact, and TMS system setup throughout treatment.
- Administer psychiatric rating scales and counsel patients on completion of scales.
- Record session notes using electronic health record and Neurostar TMS software system.
- Monitors patients for medical symptoms and/or side effects for a defined duration following administration of the TMS treatment.
- Provides medical intervention to TMS patients in an emergency.
Works collaboratively with the TMS Coordinator to support administrative functions of the TMS program, including but not limited to managing referrals, scheduling appointments, inbound and outbound telephone calls, scheduling patients and processing medical records.
Externship Medical Assistant Resume
Objective : Externship Medical Assistant with expert knowledge of administrative and clinical aspect of medical practice, medical terminology, medical coding and billing, and HIPPA compliance. Responsible, organized and team-oriented with established career working over 20 years in private practice and hospital settings.
Skills : Healthcare Office, Healthcare Support.
- Records patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by a physician.
- Shows patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Helps physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Changes dressings on wounds.
- Performs general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.