Administrative Assistant/Intake Coordinator Resume
Summary : Enthusiastic Administrative Assistant/Intake Coordinator with a graduate degree in public health and a proven record of planning, coordinating, and implementing outreach and educational initiatives for local non-profit, as well as a profitable national organization. Decisive and resourceful problem solver, dedicated to preventing disease, prolonging life, and promoting healthy self-care behaviors. Skilled in assessing individual and community health education needs, as well as collecting and evaluating resources and research data, while serving a diverse population.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Fax Machines, Answering, Multi-line Phones, Data Processing, Type 37, Internet Research, Mailing
- Organizing and retaining files and records, monitoring due dates on action items, establishing follow-up mechanisms and control systems, coordinating time and attendance records, and organizing office supply orders and other minor purchases.
- Composing, types, and distributing meeting notes and routine correspondence.
- Reviewing outgoing correspondence for proper attachments, signatures, clearances, and conformance to agency procedures.
- Assisting in inputting, maintaining and helping retrieve complaint data from an automated tracking system.
- Knowledgeable in office automation service, visitor relations, and proactive resolutions to challenges.
- Responsible for completing phone screening follow-up for admissions and continued placement in Medicaid certified nursing facilities, utilizing federal and State’s criteria.
- Reviewing and communicating information with providers, utilizing a computer database system for determining on-site assessment completion.
- Utilizing healthcare-based MC400 and IDX systems to research and verify medical records.
High School Diploma
Special Intake Coordinator Resume
Headline : A skilled and effective Special Intake Coordinator with over 6 years of supervisory experience. Proven track record in resolving and reducing customer complaints and meeting customer service level agreements. Responsible for successful strategic initiatives to improve team productivity and increase staff retention. A decisive action-orientated manager who successfully takes complete ownership of the customer service function. To secure a challenging position within a solid organization in a setting that best utilizes my experience and acquired knowledge.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Medical Manager, All Scripts PM, Blue-E, Med Connect, NC Medicaid-Webtool
- Receiving faxed referrals from referral sources including but not limited to physicians, hospitals, social workers and hospital discharge planners.
- Maintaining a patient caseload of over 300 patients to follow the authorizations, plan of care and discharge of patients.
- Effectively communicating patient/referral information to appropriate central intake staff and branches.
- Monitoring cases for changes in recipients financial or employment status.
- Implementing changes to cases to appropriately to reflect benefit level within guidelines.
- Processing health benefit authorization requests in accordance with policy guidelines and criteria for physicians and medical facilities.
- Completing general intake for inpatient admissions, accurately selecting the appropriate members, verifying membership eligibility, locating and verifying providers and processing referral notifications accurately and ensuring all required data elements are captured with special attention to being HIPAA compliant.
- Providing customer service and support to all clients, primarily by answering and responding to all inbound calls from providers regarding inpatient services.
Senior Intake Coordinator Resume
Summary : Motivated and energetic Senior Intake Coordinator seeking to obtain a challenging senior-level position in the Medical Administration, with a strong background in Data Entry and Medical Administrative Assisting as well as a proven track record of success in Customer Service, Billing, and Office Administrative Support. Persuasive communicator, skilled in building a productive relationship, developing training materials, and delivering motivational presentations.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Communication, Critical Thinking, Proprietary Software, Health Fusion MediTouch,.
- Utilizing pre-approved criteria and guidelines to validate the medical necessity of continued stay and appropriateness of treatment and discharge planning.
- Performing on-site and/or telephonic concurrent review of acute and sub-acute services, as well as precertification review for all services following the plans authorization guidelines.
- Predicting and planning for patient's needs from pre-admission, through acute and sub-acute care and post-discharge, in collaboration with the member and providers.
- Coordinating with appropriate discharge planner with an interdisciplinary health care team to coordinate timely discharge.
- Tracking and reporting trends of inappropriate utilization of resources or quality issues to the medical director(s)functioning as a major contributor as it relates to discharge planning and readmission reduction strategies
- Monitoring and facilitating appropriate utilization of resources using evidenced-based clinical criteria.
- Participating in an interdisciplinary health care team to achieve positive member outcomes.
- Functioning as a resource to the clinical team regarding approved criteria, practice guidelines, and alternative treatment options.
MS in Healthcare Administration
Assistant Intake Coordinator Resume
Headline : Committed and motivated Assistant Intake Coordinator with exceptional customer service and decision making skills. Strong work ethic, professional demeanor, and great initiative. Detail oriented and fast learner. Works well individually and as a team member. To be given the opportunity to utilize my knowledge and skills through my abilities as a determined individual and to obtain a rewarding and challenging position within an established company while utilizing my knowledge and skills in a professional manner.
Skills : Yardi, Microsoft Word, Medical Terminology, Customer Service, Administrative Assistant, Administrative
- Obtaining necessary components of a new patient referral from a referral source and put together "intake packet" for clinical review.
- Performing verification of primary care physician the physician's acceptance of following the patient for home health services.
- Performing verification of Medicare eligibility and/or insurance and /or negotiating terms of insurance reimbursement directly with the insurance companies and verifying authorizations for patients for home health and hospice and medical equipment.
- Providing completed intake packet with insurance verification to the director of nursing for clinical review and approval.
- Upon approval, notifying the referral source of acceptance and identifying the patient's geographic location.
- Staffing and scheduling the patient oasis to the assigned clinicians, based on orders and geographic location.
- Serving as a liaison with the clinical staff members and the office personnel in regards to the status of patients, including, but not limited to, hospitalizations, transfer to hospice, and discharges.
- Communicating with community liaisons to assist with the referral process and tracking of liaison's productivity.
Bachelors in Sociology
Junior Intake Coordinator Resume
Objective : Driven and compassionate Junior Intake Coordinator with 3 years experience in fast-paced Home Health and Workers Comp offices. Accountable and responsible with a strong focus on patient wellness. Able to multi-task and work effectively with a large volume of information. Highly organized and capable of prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines.Seeking a position as an intake coordinator where I can utilize my strong communication skills, and hard work, to become an asset to a productive team.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, People Soft, Citrix Software, Guidewire Claims Center, AS400, Customer Service
- Receiving and coordinating all referrals to include notification of insurance providers for prior authorization and services covered.
- Assuring that all home health DME and infusion orders and faxes are received and processed.
- Responsible for processing incoming and outstanding fax processing and assigning to the appropriate team member.
- Using discretion and independent judgment in handling patient or physician complaints received, documents and forwards to appropriate administrative staff.
- Documenting all patient activity as directed and maintaining electronic and/or hard copy files as directed.
- Escalating abnormal situations to the supervisor, making recommendations for resolution.
- Communicating with patients and family in a kind and professional manner.
- Interacting professionally with all, including co-workers and other healthcare providers.
- Fostering communication among the healthcare team on behalf of the patient.
BS in General
Scheduler/ Intake Coordinator Resume
Headline : Scheduler/ Intake Coordinator with 4 plus years of experience working one on one with hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and physician offices to accept referrals for home health services. Looking for a challenging position that will utilize my abilities developed through my experience and education with the opportunity for professional growth based on performance.
Skills : Data Entry, Bilingual, Type 50 Wpm, 10 Key, Microsoft Word, Excel, Quick Books, Account Payable & Receivable, DME Expertise, Knowledge Of CPT & ICD-9 Codes,
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary schedule for home health agency employees.
- Responsible for daily scheduling of new patient admissions, monitoring schedule to assist with intake procedures.
- Entering patient/patient data into the computer accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proactively seeking to schedule/reschedule patients to efficiently utilize resources.
- Assisting staff, patients/patients' families and external referral sources as needed to resolve basic patient related issues.
- Using automated records systems to access, enter, and edit patient information.
- Relaying information to patients regarding scheduling conflicts or issues.
- Operating personal computer to access agency software, e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Demonstrating a high level of competence in performing accurate and diversified computer functions.
Intake Coordinator/Scheduler Resume
Summary : Service orientated Intake Coordinator/Scheduler with 9 years' experience in the mental health field. Experience working in fast-paced and frequently changing environments demanding strong critical thinking, organizational, communication (oral and written), interpersonal and technical skills. Highly dependable, ethical and discreet: committed to superior customer service. Confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels. To acquire a challenging position in an environment where I can best utilize my skills, education, and life experiences.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Best Notes Software System, Case Management Software System, IPad Compatible System, FileMaker Pro, Database Management Software
- Received and entered data for new and current patients and employee records.
- Created, maintained and updated the clinician’s schedules according to authorizations and patient needs. Maintained clinician’s availability lists.
- Served as the point of contact for all interactions with clinical team members, administrative associates, referral sources and patients.
- Ensured adherence to company policies associated with record establishment, retention, maintenance, and confidentiality.
- Prepared clinical records for new patients upon receipt of referral. Completed quantitative administrative review of clinical records at start of care and upon patient discharge.
- Filed incoming documents daily. Maintained a control procedure for active patient files.
- Maintained a tracking system to ensure clinical records are current according to company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Partnered with clinical resources to oversee patient intake and inquiries and assess patient needs.
Junior Intake Coordinator Resume
Objective : An experienced dependable Junior Intake Coordinator with broad-based expertise in the healthcare Industry including, intake coordination, admissions, accounts payable, payroll, employee benefits, patient trust fund, workers compensation, and petty cash. Proven capabilities in most aspects of office procedures, and office management. Seeking a position in the healthcare field that offers growth, advancement and diverse learning opportunities that enable me to utilize my knowledge and skills from previous experience.
Skills : Proficient With Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint And Outlook. Medical Software, E-Clinical Works & Lytec.
- Assisted with the implementation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure patients are admitted in accordance with policy.
- Established and maintained positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Coordinated the patient care, housing, medication administration and documentation with skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, board & cares, insurance companies, pharmacies, and hospitals.
- Ensured maximum third party reimbursement through participation in insurance verification and authorization process.
- Performed patient visits as needed to address urgent needs or staffing shortages as assigned by the clinical supervisor.
- Participated in the after-hours on-call schedule as assigned by the clinical supervisor.
- Communicated care procedures to family members/caregivers and provided support in sensitive times for a smooth transition and to ensure a comfortable care-plan for end-of-life/end-stage patients.
- Initiated discharge planning under the direct supervision of DCPs and medical director for hospice revocations, hospitalizations, geographical location issues, and patients who no longer meet criteria.
Office Manager / Intake Coordinator Resume
Summary : Dedicated Office Manager / Intake Coordinator motivated to maintain satisfaction and contribute to company success. Proven ability to establish a report with clients and exceed their needs. Reliable, honest, dependable, bilingual and dedicated to my job position.Looking for a position as a Care Coordinator with Healthfirst where I may be able to utilize excellence in communication skills and facilitate good judgment in a healthcare setting.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Billing, Scheduling Appointments, Scheduling, Healthcare, Transcription, Respiratory Care, Patient Care, Medical Terminology, Medical Records, Medical Billing
- Receiving and entering data for new and current patients and employee records.
- Creating, maintaining and updating the clinician’s schedules according to authorizations and patient needs. Maintaining clinician’s availability lists.
- Serving as the point of contact for all interactions with clinical team members, administrative associates, referral sources and patients.
- Ensuring adherence to company policies associated with record establishment, retention, maintenance, and confidentiality.
- Preparing clinical records for new patients upon receipt of referral. Completing a quantitative administrative review of clinical records at the start of care and upon patient discharge.
- Filing incoming documents daily. Maintaining a control procedure for active patient files.
- Maintaining a tracking system to ensure clinical records are current according to company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Partnering with clinical resources to oversee patient intake and inquiries and assessing patient needs.
Intake Coordinator Resume
Objective : Results-oriented Assistant Intake Coordinator with a diverse background in management and customer service. Dedicated to providing excellent customer service and making operational and procedural improvements. Well organized, self-motivated, hardworking and have many years of experience working in a multi-cultural environment. My dedication to customer/patient service for more than 4 years helps me attain my Company's objectives.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Medical Terminology, Medical Billing, Medical Records, Referral Specialist, Authorizations
- Verifying all previously obtained information, and initiates the pre-certification, pre-authorization, and referral processes using multiple software and web pages to complete process following policies and guidelines outlined by individual departments and facilities as necessary.
- Obtaining re-authorizations as required by payers.
- Referring to uninsured or non-covered patients to the financial assistance team as appropriate according to policy.
- Providing initial coordination of information with clients, their family members, physicians, referral sources, facility staff, agency staff, and any others involved in assuring continuity of client care.
- Informing referral sources, clients, family members, and physicians about clinical and non-clinical programs available in the home setting and ensure referral orders are appropriate, timely and accurately documented in the client’s medical record.
- Analyzing insurance requirements for specific accounts based on knowledge of plan requirements for authorization, pre-certification, referral, and notification.
- Understanding of insurance contracts, government health plans including Medicare, Medicaid, Indian Health and Workers Compensation and knowledge of guarantor rules, and accident/third party liability requirements.
- Ensuring admission paperwork is complete within 24 hours.
B.S. in Public Health