Hull Maintenance Technician Resume
Objective : Proven and versatile team player with a diverse background in Welding for the rail industry, pipefitting/ refrigeration installation, repair of engineer equipment, and the military seeks a challenging opportunity. Willing to explore new and alternative avenues of employment.
Skills : Welding, Fabrication, Lean Manufacturing, Consulting, Training & Development, AWS.
- Assigned to the Engineering Department, Repair Division onboard a nuclear aircraft carrier with 5000 personnel.
- Fulfilled daily work projects involving metal fabrication and repairs, pipefitting, welding, brazing, plumbing repairs and operation of ship's complex wastewater collection, holding and transfer system.
- Completed the cutout and replacement of 10 feet of seawater cooling piping for ship's aft steering cooling water.
- Completed 4 feet of potable water piping, 12 feet of distilling unit piping, and associated valves and fittings.
- Led a team of four technicians in the overhaul and cartridge seal replacement of four sewage discharge pumps.
- Modernized ship's multi-media studio by fabricating and installing new mounting hardware and brackets.
- Conducted extensive on-the-job training with junior Sailors, assisting in their qualification as maintenance workers and watchstanders.
Sr. Hull Maintenance Technician Resume
Summary : Extraordinary leader and problem solver looking to transition from a successful career in the military to the customer service field. Calm under pressure with superior time management and conflict resolution skills. Secret Security Clearance CPR Certified Weapons Training Team Leader Critical Thinking Organized Quick learner Excellent Coordinator Immeasurable Motivation and Dedication.
Skills : Read Blueprints, Operate Machinery, Quality Assurance, Brazing, Data Entry.
- Supervised junior sailors Trained ship's company in keeping qualification with damage control, firefighting, and other qualifications.
- Clamped, held, tack-welded, heat-bent, ground and bolted component parts to achieve required configurations and positions.
- Set up and operated hand and power tools, including shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Welded in flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions.
- Chipped off excess weld, slag, and spatter using hand tools.
- Filled pipes systems with water or air to see if system was leaking.
- Completed preventative maintenance on water heaters, toilets, urinals, and plumbing fixtures.
Jr. Hull Maintenance Technician Resume
Objective : To obtain a Hull Maintenance Technician position that will utilize skills, abilities and experience to contribute to the company's success. Accomplished Craftsman with proven track record of maintaining superior quality control and meeting or exceeding project specifications. Knowledgeable warehouse manager.
Skills : Welding, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Plumbing, Brazing, Sewage And Sanitation, Ship Fitting, HVAC/R, Blueprint Reading, Safety Instructor.
- Installed, maintained and repaired valves, piping, plumbing system fittings and fixtures, and marine sanitation systems.
- Repaired decks, structures and hulls by welding, brazing, riveting and caulking.
- Examined, tested welds and various shipboard structures; using radiological, ultrasonic and magnetic particle testing equipment.
- Fabricated light and heavy gauge metal such as aluminum, stainless steel, sheet copper and brass, steel, sheet and corrugated iron.
- Heat treated, hot and cold forming of metals.
- Conducted pipe cutting, threading and assembly.
- Repaired and installed ventilation ducting.
- Repaired metal, wood and fiberglass boats.
- Installed and repaired insulation and lagging.
Hull Maintenance Technician I Resume
Objective : Experienced Welder with solid knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
Skills : Welding, Security, First Aid.
- Plans, supervises, and performs tasks necessary for fabrication, installation and repair of all types of shipboard structures, plumbing, sheet metal fabrication, carpentry and piping systems.
- Organizes, supervises, and trains staff in maintenance and hull and mechanical repair Supervise and perform tasks in procurement and issuance of supplies and repair parts Instruct personnel and enforce safety and security precautions; prepare records and reports Providing leadership and supervising 25 staff; manage employees and team performance, ensure a compliant and safe working environment.
- Manages 8 departmental shops-2 Weld Shops, Sheet Meal, Carpentry Shop, Powder Coat Shop, Canvas Shop, Lag Shop and Pipe Shop; Responsible for problem solving and decisions, developing and coordinating procedures and protocols.
- Provides support in U.S.Navy Nuclear Submarines engineering projects and maintenance.
- Maintains budget standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost effective strategies.
- Manages work standard processes by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; addressing and resolving operational issues in a timely manner ; identifying work process improvements as needed.
- Demonstrates the techniques of the types of welding and brazing we acquire and how to read a blueprint and to accommodate measurements, piping, and fittings to finish the job at a considerable time.
Hull Maintenance Technician II Resume
Headline : To find a Hull Maintenance Technician position with a stable organization to best utilize the skills have developed in the US Navy and as a Residential Maintenance Technician. Knowledge in many facets of construction to include commercial and residential ground-up builds and renovations; facilities maintenance, foundations, framing, finishing, HVAC, plumbing, welding, electrical, and ground work.
Skills : Welding, Repairing.
- Assisted in planning, supervising, and performing tasks necessary for fabrication, installation and repair of all types of shipboard structures, plumbing, sheet metal fabrication, carpentry and piping systems.
- Directly responsible for maintenance and repair of all shipboard plumbing, servicing a crew of 350 sailors.
- Performed both routine preventative, and emergent repairs on a variety of pumps, motors, piping, and electrical systems.
- Organized, supervised, and trained personnel in maintenance and hull and mechanical repair.
- Supervised and performed tasks in procurement and issuance of supplies and repair parts.
- Instructed personnel and enforce safety and security precautions; prepare records and reports WORK CENTER SUPERVISOR Supervised 12 junior sailors with job responsibilities and career development Scheduled maintenance 3-4 months in advance Balanced routine maintenance schedules varying from daily checks to multiple yearly repairs Completed job duties of Leading Petty Officer while on assignment including supervising the division of 35 sailors and working with other officers on direction of ships activities.
- Analyzed and critiqued performance of other sailors during drills Served as Scene Leader of attack teams of 15 sailors during real life emergency situations Directed attack teams in quick response situations by maintaining control and communication Investigated occurrences after responding to determine cause of emergency Reported findings and events of emergency responses to the Damage Control Assistant and the Chief Engineer.
- Assisted with Safety Training programs for over 350 Sailors on-board USS Nitze.
- Ensured the highest level of training for all crew member in the fields of: Heat Stress Monitoring, Hearing Conservation, Chemical and Hazardous Waste Cleanup, and General workplace safety.
Hull Maintenance Technician III Resume
Summary : A highly skilled individual. A dependable, hardworking, and self-motivated professional with a successful record of accomplishment in system installations, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all types of equipment (hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical). Capable of multitasking.
Skills : Welding, Metal Fabrication.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Clamps, holds, tack-welds, heat-bends, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Recognizes, set up, and operates hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Determines required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Operates brazing and soldering equipment.
- Operates metal shaping, straightening, and bending machines, such as brakes and shears.
- Measures, cuts, threads, or bends pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines.
- Fills pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Assembles pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
Asst. Hull Maintenance Technician Resume
Objective : Seeking employment in the north central Indiana region as an experienced maintenance mechanic. To utilize education and experience to provide high quality, passionate care to all in need.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop.
- Performed ship critical sheet metal production, such as hull repairs.
- Repaired crucial equipment with gas tungsten arc welding and shielded metal arc welding.
- Supervised 8 junior saliors.
- Maintained approximately budget for repairable equipment and consumables.
- Monitored ships damage control systems such as space security, draft report, watertight integrity, firefighting systems, and functioning machinery.
- Maintained and repaired ship's habitability for 300 man crew.
- Contributed to ship's flight deck certification, by welding repairs in flight deck.
- Trained crew in firefighting, blueprint and sheet metal production, and plumbing.
- Issued and maintained tools and equipment.
Associate Hull Maintenance Technician Resume
Headline : Highly qualified Hull Maintenance Technician with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and would excel in the collaborative environment on which company prides itself.
Skills : Welder, Plumbing, Plumbing, HVAC, Warehouse.
- Responsible for Fabrication; Machinist; Damage Control and Supervisor for Damage Control Petty Officers/Quality Assurance and Safety Supervisor for all.
- Identified deficiencies of equipment and machinery; provided information and advised on utilization, capabilities, reliability and operation of propulsion and auxiliary equipment.
- Prepared directives and instructions for attaining organizational objectives;
- Established and implemented a program for interviewing, evaluating and assigning personnel to assure maximum utilization;
- Reviewed requirements for personnel qualification; prepared correspondence;
- Trained and supervised 286 personnel; organized and scheduled training programs; administered a long-range planned maintenance program; supervised environmental pollution control programs.
- Obtained certification in detecting and handling Hazardous Materials, managed and monitored more than 350 hazardous material evolutions/drills and documented all findings and deficiencies.
- Established job qualification requirements (JQR) as safe guards which enabled subordinates to perform at maximum potential.
- Conducted weekly audits and safety inspections through-out the ship and various government facilities this resulted in zero deficiencies during Command Audits.
Lead Hull Maintenance Technician Resume
Summary : An employee training Hull Maintenance Technician position that focus on advancing employees that show great enthusiasm and strengths suitable for the company aspects.
Skills : Welding, Firefighting, Deisel Mechanic, Plumbing, Automotive Mechanic, EPA 609 cert.,.
- Achieved E-4 rank Learned to plan, supervise and perform tasks necessary for fabrication, installation and repair of all types of shipboard systems, structures, plumbing, and piping systems.
- Organized, and trained personnel on maintenance and general shipboard repairs.
- Performed tasks in procurement and issuance of supplies and repair parts; Instructed personnel and enforced safety and security precautions.
- Prepared various records and reports for NCO and division officer.
- Trained personnel to MIG (GMAW), TIG (GTAW), Stick (SAW), Oxy-Acetylene welding and cutting.
- Monitored and maintained collection, holding and transfer (CHT) shipboard septic systems, HVAC and Fire main systems by valves and gauges.
- Performed lockout tag-out procedure.
Hull Maintenance Technician Resume
Objective : Provides both the point of contact and resolution of technical and material problems related to designated, hull, mechanical, and electrical shipboard systems.Technician will be required to give expert advice on Gas Turbine Engine Mechanical and Electrical maintenance and repair.
Skills : Repairing, Management.
- Reports recommendations on material performance and maintenance trends of ships Gas Turbine systems and associated equipment to N43C Force Engineer as requested.
- Reports technical recommendations on maintenance and operating procedures for Gas Turbine systems as requested.
- Reports technical programs that affect the service life of ships with regards to Gas Turbine systems to N43C Force Engineer
- Submits lessons learned to N43 and all stake holders as required on casualties resulting from material failure on Gas Turbines to determine existence of class or equipment design problems and initiate action to minimize the impact of the operating force.
- Reports recommended engineering change proposals or alterations in light of evolving technology, force needs, and in- service experience as required pertaining to Gas Turbine systems and equipment.
- Reports quarterly status of Gas Turbine policy, procedures, life cycle repair and modernization strategies for Gas Turbine systems equipment and control systems.
- Reports findings to N43C pertaining to fleet TYCOMS and other services, contractors, and higher-level commands to determine corrective action and resolution for any and all Gas Turbine deficiencies.
- Submits updated reports annually on status of projected workload and develop new methods and procedures to minimize material costs and resolve systematic problems on Gas Turbines systems.