Intern Counselor Resume
Objective : To obtain a position which will allow to demonstrate careered skill sets while offering growth toward advancement.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Counselor.
- Processed security classification sheets to determine inmates' custody level.
- Assisted customers in using computers.
- Responsible for searching internet and print resources, troubleshoot computer/internet usage, tutorials, labor market information, educational options, career explorations, the writing of resumes, and educate customers in the use of self-help services available.
- Prepared reports and progress information for submission to the Parole Board for the development of parole plans.
- Participated in misconduct hearings with the Adjustment Committee to determine the disciplinary action that would be rendered.
- Conducted property hearings to determine what kinds of personal belongings the inmate will be entitled to have.
- Provided assistance in structuring the total institutional program for the individual inmate.
Master Of Arts In Law
Sr. Intern Counselor Resume
Objective : To use extensive management experience to be an asset. To continue to be a results driven, professional, dependable and dedicated employee. To support all of the staff to be the best they can be always keeping in mind quality patient care. To always think outside of the box looking for ways to improve processes.
Skills : Excel, Outlook, Computer, Sales, Personnel Management, Management, Teaching, Coaching.
- Explained the institution and its program to inmates.
- Maintained records, prepared reports, and composed correspondence related to the work.
- Provided substance abuse and dual diagnosis therapy to adults receiving methadone treatment.
- Guided inmates in obtaining the best treatment plan referral for their release back into the community.
- Collaborated with community resources to inmates who would benefit from treatment.
- Co-Facilitated Double Trouble to Recovery groups.
- Provided support for those suffering from a mental illness as well as substance abuse.
Master's In Mental Health Counseling
Jr. Intern Counselor Resume
Objective : To fulfill a full time position providing outstanding clinical service to clients using the knowledge and skills developed in the therapeutic relationship. Empathy, intelligence and adaptability are what allow to provide services to a variety of populations.
Skills : Impeccable Ability To Multitask And Work Within Strict Time Constraints And Deadlines Self Motivated.
- Prepared and maintained all required treatment records and reports.
- Worked with clients with a variety of DSM-IV Diagnosis.
- Co-Facilitated Employment readiness group for those leaving jail and wanted to get a job.
- Gave them ways on how to search for jobs, and practiced interviews.
- Co-facilitated DBT groups.
- Provided alcohol and drug screening assessments.
- Facilitated education groups for early intervention psychoeducation.
Master Of Art In Professional Counseling
Asst. Intern Counselor Resume
Objective : Master's-level clinician providing counseling services to adults; license-eligible in Connecticut pending completion of supervised hours.
Skills : Counseling, Bilingual Spanish.
- Provided safe environment for students.
- Encouraged and promoted self growth.
- Utilized skills to lead a group .
- Provided solo and co-counseling for a varied population.
- Counseled clients such as federal probationers, court order anger management, drug management clients and private office counseling clients.
- Worked with area middle and high school students in an after school character building program.
- Developed psycho-educational presentations and activities to engage students in learning about themselves and the world around them.
Bachelor's In Environmental Science
Associate Intern Counselor Resume
Objective : Seeking a full time employment in an outpatient OASAS-licensed Substance. Use Disorder's (SUD) facility in order to apply trainings and experiences as CASAC T and gain more experiences in preparation to obtaining full CASAC status.
Skills : Works Well With Anyone, Encouraging, Motivating Efficient Collaborator And Can Work In Teams Leadership Computer Efficient.
- Co-facilitated court-ordered substance abuse group therapy sessions.
- Co-facilitated "Parenting with Love & Logic" courses.
- Shadowed a play therapist who made visits to area elementary and middle schools to counsel children.
- Traveled to residents' homes and accompanied residence to doctor appointments, and assisted in various household chores including laundry, meal .
- Tracked resident's habits, medications, and behaviors.
- Worked as a counselor for kids at Camp Sweyolakan in Northern Idaho.
- Completed a leadership program through Campfire USA to qualify.
Intern Counselor (Student) Resume
Objective : Graduate level mental health counselor with more than 5 years experience in the mental health, community health, and social service fields. Compassionate, solutions-oriented practitioner dedicated to providing exceptional theory-based care to individuals of various backgrounds.
Skills : Leadership Development, Interpersonal, Counseling, Case Management, Fast Learner, Team Leadership, Teaching.
- Assisted in the facilitating of a job search program for mandated TANF recipients.
- Mentored groups of ten to twenty kids for up to two weeks at a time.
- Led and participated in a small teams designed to make sure they had fun in a safe, clean and healthy environment.
- Tasked with organizing events for full camp participation.
- Learned a lot about working with others and effectively managing/multi-tasking in a demanding environment.
- Promoted good behavior by using the positive reinforcement method.
- Administered medication and minor first aid to sick and injured students.
Master Of Arts In Mental Health Counseling
Intern Counselor II Resume
Summary : Mental health professional driven to help others overcome personal obstacles. Comfortable working autonomously or in a team-based setting.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel.
- Passed initial inspection, hygiene, fresh clothing, all clothing washed and dried, room assignment and orientation.
- Completed psychosocial evaluation and developing treatment plan.
- Provided individual counseling and facilitating group sessions, as well.
- Record keeping protocols.
- Wrote progress notes, group notes, and conducting client education.
- Provided individual and family counseling services for client's ages 5-18 years old, under the supervision of Dr.
- Counseled services focused in the areas of crisis management, behavioral management, delinquency prevention, youth suicide prevention, drug and alcohol abuse, development services, and other theoretically based interventions.
Masters Of Human Services In Research
Intern Counselor I Resume
Summary : Contribute counseling skills to an organization using principles related to child and family therapy while integrating Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) techniques and other therapeutic modalities.
Skills : Assessment And Evaluation, Counseling, Record Keeping.
- Completed initial intake interviews and assessments and obtained authorization in compliance with clients' insurance carriers.
- Developed goal-oriented psychoeducational activity plans for individuals and small groups to improve clients' level of functioning.
- Able to maintain client records, compose comprehensive, theory based treatment plans, execute appropriate counseling skills and interventions, and comply with legal and ethical standards.
- Connected clients with community service and resource agencies as needed.
- Demonstrated a commitment to exceptional customer service, regular utilization of crisis response and crisis management skills, and ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Responsible for handling confidential and time-sensitive material, certified use of Maryland State databases and assessment tools, as well as a commitment to helping and protecting at-risk children and families in Prince George's County, Maryland.
- Provided counseling services to adolescents, individuals and couples.
M.S. In Counseling
Intern Counselor I Resume
Summary : A counseling professional with proven experience working with children and adolescents in an academic environment. Individually worked with adolescent boys to determine what factors in their lives are interfering with their academic success and well being. Fluent in Spanish and English, over five years of empathy training and crisis management, as well as a vast knowledge in research and design.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Research And Design, SPSS, Data Analysis.
- Completed case management, wrote treatment plans and related paperwork.
- Conducted intakes, participated in interagency meetings and public relations work including presentations to the community.
- Provided individual counseling to college-aged students on a variety of issues including relationship problems, sexual identity problems, LGBT .
- Conducted client assessments and created and implemented appropriate treatment plans goals and interventions for each client.
- Tasked and responsibilities are to observe and assist clinical staff with patients.
- Prepared and presented individual, group, and treatment plan notes in a timely fashion that are patient centered, which address the needs of the patient.
- Utilized evidenced base group curriculums and documentation.
Bachelor Of Arts In Psychology
Intern Counselor Resume
Summary : A challenging and rewarding position as a counselor working with varied populations in a non-profit, faith-based, private office, hospital/healthcare or educational setting.
Skills : Posting Payment, Verifying Insurance, Abstracting Information From EOB.
- Provided support to group as needed.
- Documented services according to regulations using the GUMI format, and with a minimum of 25 hours of training is required annually.
- Provided 1:1, face to face, individual counseling in a frequency that s documented in the current treatment plan.
- Treated plan goals and objectives are in compliance with standards set forth by regulatory standards.
- Utilized systems to document Pt.'s treatment progress and ascertain level of drug use and medical follow-up.
- Provided counseling services to students, aged 12-15, and their families regarding various issues, such as peer relations, grades, and family issues.
- Facilitated group therapy for students that have encountered issues such as bullying, peer relations, and grades.
Master Of Education In Counselor Education