IS Systems Administrator Resume
Summary : Excellent communication and customer service skills. Experience managing large scale enterprise systems. In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and VMWare. Strong troubleshooting skills. Looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a dynamic environment administering and designing Windows-based networks to meet the current and future needs of the enterprise.
Skills : Microsoft Windows 2012, Server Microsoft Windows 2008 Server, Microsoft Windows 2003 Server, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office
- Managing over 25 server operations projects ranging from short-term tasks to long-range projects involving major hardware and software upgrades to the physical and virtual environment.
- Supervising data center consolidation project requiring removal of all hardware from one of two rows of and consolidation into a single row.
- Communicated with end users/account managers/help desk on timing and procedures for connection to new h: drive folders.
- Created search profiles and trained district technicians on the use of the software and creation of reports.
- Coordinated movement of over 1.5tb PII data to restricted access storage space.
- Creating a new file system, managing & checking data consistency of the file system.
- Interfacing with upper-level management, application support, developers to address problems which have caused outages.
- Created met devices, applying raid levels, mirroring the devices, and soft partitioning.
Bachelor Of Science
IT Systems Administrator Resume
Objective : Certified Microsoft Systems Engineer with experience in Information Technology and Systems support and deployment. Former training in Unix Administration, Cisco Networks Administration, SQ1 Administration, Current Training in Windows Server 8 R2, Hyper V (including Network Security), VMWare and ITIL Certification. Looking for an opportunity to learn and grow in Hyper V and Cloud Technologies. Additional skill set in technical writing and systems documentation.
Skills : Sharepoint, Sharepoint Designer, Knowledge Management, Active Directory, System Center, Service Manager, Asset Management, Exchange Server, Pacs
- Built and maintained web, virtual, and client-server environments for the enterprise.
- Maintained the operations of all virtual, web, and client systems to ensure availability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to operating systems and server.
- Partnered with the infrastructure team to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues.
- Implemented and maintained a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure.
- Trained the technical support staff on solving common systems-related problems.
- Built and implemented software standards for servers, operating systems, and end-user workstations.
- Leveraged optimization techniques to maximize the efficiency of all computer systems.
- Worked with third-party vendors and consultants on developing system-specific skills.
Bachelor Of Science
Systems Administrator Intern Resume
Objective : Systems Administrator Intern with solid professional experience in several areas of network, administration, engineering, management and software engineering in a heterogeneous computing environment. Performing IT Consultant work that includes mainframes (IBM, Unix) and minis computers (Windows desktop/laptops and Apple). Participates as a contractor helping major IT companies in their obligations to support their client's Information Technology Systems infrastructures and provide superior customer service and satisfaction.
Skills : Windows System Administration, Exchange Administration, Active Directory, SQL Server Administration, Systems Analysis, Software Engineering, CISCO Networks
- Installed new software releases and system upgrades, evaluated and installed patches and resolved software related problems.
- Assisted with maintaining an inventory of University hardware and software.
- Provided tier 3 support for colleagues and clients.
- Developed and maintained procedures and other documentation.
- Researched, evaluated, planned and collaborated with colleagues to provide technical assistance and guidance on internal and external projects.
- Maintained monitoring systems, identified and resolved issues before they become impactful to clients.
- Kept colleagues and management apprised of disruptions in IT systems.
- Utilized imaging tools to deploy client devices. Ensured operating structures for small network functions related to client device operations.
- Managed projectors and other multi-media devices located in staff meeting rooms.
Bachelor Of Science
Systems Administrator - Entry Level Resume
Objective : Experienced System Administrator (Virtualization) Experience with Virtualization using VMware vSphere. Strong knowledge of Server and Application virtualization. Configuring VM's on an ESX server and installing hosts and Migrating Virtual Machines across various VMware ESX Server, Workstation and VMware servers. Extensive experience in migration of servers P2V and V2V by using VMware Converter. Extensively worked on VMotion, Storage VMotion, and Microsoft Active Directory Good knowledge on physical servers Cisco UCS M240 Servers.
Skills : Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Server Migrations, VMWare, Disaster Recovery
- Documenting and tracking support activity and records of equipment and software as necessary.
- Consulting with, acting as a liaison and coordinating meeting with vendors and IT staff as needed.
- Provisioning and maintaining virtual servers and desktops across the enterprise compute and virtualization platforms, both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Supporting user-id administration, print queue management, file system layout, permissions, and error reporting.
- Supporting system workload migrations and resource capacity planning.
- Supporting scheduled enterprise server patching and system upgrades.
- Managing enterprise scheduling environment and workload automation.
- Managing enterprise messaging solutions including email and fax servers.
- Providing second and third-level support for end-user shares and file servers and other user-based support as required.
Masters of Science
Systems Administrator Staff (IMIS Lead) Resume
Summary : Systems Administrator Staff with a 20-years background in systems administration, hardware and software troubleshooting and network management for the federal government and in the private sector. Advanced knowledge of SharePoint, Knowledge Management, Active Directory, Service Manager. Experience with Management, Asset Management, Microsoft Exchange, RIS/PACS. Seeking to work in a professionally competent workplace that encourages professionalism and will use my skills and knowledge to ensure proper administration of Windows and Linux Systems.
Skills : Windows Server Administration, UNIX Administration, AIX Administration, Solaris Administration, SunOS Administration, WAN/LAN, SAN, Active Directory, IT Support, WebLogic, Apache, IIS
- Collecting and packing up backup media for offsite storage, load backup media returned from offsite storage.
- Assisting customers/employees with the installation and setup of network and client access on their PC's.
- Assisted customers having connectivity or printing issues with network or client access.
- Creating and maintaining user profiles and IP print queues on I-series systems.
- Assisting senior systems administrators with I-series O/S and hardware upgrades and troubleshooting any critical hardware failures.
- Assisting network administrators with troubleshooting Cisco network connection issues.
- Assisting PC support installing Windows 7 Pro O/S, VPN clients, client access and other applications onto new PCs.
- Assisting PC users with windows issues, mapping network drives, setting up remote desktops, creating desktop shortcuts to apps, adding links to favorites lists and adding computers to the domain.
- Assisting PC support troubleshooting A/V systems in conference/meeting rooms.
Bachelor Of Science
Business Analyst/Systems Administrator Resume
Summary : Over 9 years experience installing and supporting Windows-based infrastructure, wireless networks and Virtual Server technologies. Strong communication and interpersonal skills underlie my ability to create effective partnerships with technical staff for the delivery of high quality, customer-driven results. Superior troubleshooting and technical support abilities with migrations, network connectivity, and security and database applications. Ensured that assigned systems were engineered, configured and optimized for maximum functionality and availability.
Skills : MCSE, Symantec Netbackup Certified, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, VPN, IIS, FTP, SMTP, Windows 7, Windows XP, Server, Exchange Server
- Installed over 100 servers and helped update two large data centers of over 1,300 servers following sox compliance.
- Upgraded the backup environment with new LTO drives, installed the latest versions of NetBackup, and currently responsible for oversight of data backups in the company's three other data centers.
- Responsible for completing all of the server/data restores including dr tests.
- Managed the upgrade of the server monitoring software and restructuring at the company's 4 sites.
- Support two large data centers where over eighty percent of the servers run in our VMware environment.
- Build, image, clone, and backup virtual machines in our VMware 4.1 and 5.0 environments.
- Working closely with the developers to troubleshoot and support applications that run on the servers and/or in server grids.
- Managing the entire server monitoring system for all four sites utilizing what's up gold.
- Responsible for trending of historical data on the servers for disk space, memory, and CPU.
Bachelor Of Arts
Systems Administrator/IT Technician Resume
Headline : Systems Administrator/IT Technician with 5 plus years of experience with an emphasis in network operations and engineering to include: network infrastructure, systems administration, installing, maintaining, and repairing hardware, software, peripherals, and networks and configuration management. Possesses strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills with management and leadership experience. Proven ability to lead and work in a team environment.
Skills : Systems Installation, Configuration & Upgrading, Strategic & Tactical Planning, Technical & Customer Support Management, Reliability & Performance Analysis, Team Management, Training & Mentoring System
- Performing a wide variety of installation, configuration, and upgrading of workstations, servers, and related hardware and software in a LAN, wan and stand-alone environment.
- Providing investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of the system, hardware, software, and infrastructure.
- Configuring, installing, and managing enterprise-wide data backups for applications and systems.
- Documenting system changes through change management, team process, and procedures, configuration management databases.
- Upgrading backup infrastructure and improving the backup and recovery performance using the latest applicable techniques.
- Administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Creation of disk groups, volumes and plexus using veritas volume manager.
Senior Systems Administrator Resume
Summary : Senior Systems Administrator with over seven years of experience. Expertise and specialization in Access Management and Vulnerability Management fields. Excellent at providing unique solutions to complicated technical problems. Recognized by customers, coworkers, and management for outstanding support to internal and external clients.
Skills : Access Management, Project Management, Microsoft Office, Written Communication, Excel, System Administration, Instructor, Oral Communication, Information Technology, Information Security, VPN, Information Security
- Developing and maintaining a library of baseline images and configurations for standard deployed hardware at all locations, including Group Policy and login scripts, and process for deployment of images to endpoints.
- Developing and maintaining installation and configuration packages for software to be deployed to endpoints remotely and automatically.
- Aligning and carrying out maintenance activities with the Network and Infrastructure team and school-based Techs to ensure endpoints retain the communication and are security compliant.
- Developing and delivering in-person and remote training workshops to build capacity.
- Developing, disseminating and maintaining technical training documentation using appropriate media.
- Developing, disseminating and maintaining help sheets, end-user guides and videos, knowledgebase artifacts and FAQs.
- Serving as an escalation point for Technology staff at the central office and school locations and perform advanced troubleshooting including installation, repair and preventative maintenance of user computers, related hardware/software and phone system within established standards and guidelines.
Bachelor Of Science
Systems Analyst/Systems Administrator Resume
Objective : Knowledgeable, accomplished, and highly-motivated Systems Analyst/Systems Administrator with three years of experience. Proficient system administration skills, experienced with managing physical and virtual workstations and servers with Windows Server operating systems. Experienced with configuring, monitoring, upgrading, and maintaining system hardware, software, network equipment, and related infrastructure components. Excellent interpersonal skills to accomplish goals, resolve problems, and complete tasks with team members, along with on an individual level.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Computer Hardware, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Technical Writing, Technical Support, System Administration
- Managed and maintained IT system changes via the Change Control System in accordance with the organization s Change Management Policies and Procedures.
- Collaborated with team members to solve problems, this includes working with other application teams to provide assistance troubleshooting issues with problem resolution.
- Performed Security procedures (change service account passwords, validate security software functionality and consistency across all the servers, etc.)
- Assisted in planning and coordinating for new Active Directory Forest builds, to include Forest/Domain requirements for Domain Controllers and support servers.
- Maintained a service level of at least 99.9% for Windows production servers.
- Maintained a high level of customer service and efficiency by maintaining an 85% or greater SLA Resolution Time on all work orders.
- Identified and implemented automated server patching system for Windows servers.
- Implemented copier/printer usage and cost reporting using PaperCut printer management software.
Masters of Science
Systems Administrator/Team Lead Resume
Summary : Highly motivated Systems Administrator, Team Lead with extensive experience in IT both Networking, Telephony, Desktop support in an enterprise level environment, with a background in Telecommunications. Certified IT Professional Project Manager, Accurate and self-motivated with strong technical, organizational and analytical skills. Highly motivated, detail oriented multi-tasker with full knowledge on the subject matter with the ability to provide Training.
Skills : VOIP, Network Administration, UNIX Administration, Programming, DNS, DHCP, Email Systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Operating Systems, Printer Repairs
- Providing Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies using Zendesk and Jira ticketing system.
- Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures on dell latitude d and e- series laptops, Optiplex gx620, 755, and 780 desktop towers.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Responsibilities on these systems include install new / rebuild existing servers (windows server 2003-7) and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Provided network support for VPN access as well as troubleshooting related issues.
- Performing regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
Associates in Business