Family Services Counselor Resume
Summary : Highly intelligent, widely-experienced, effective individual seeking an opportunity to enhance the public image of an ethical, people-centered organization through the use of well-developed skills in public speaking, teaching, community outreach and public relations. Writer, editor, proofreader, organizer, innovator. Vietnam-Era Marine Corps veteran.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Typing, Management, Case Management.
- Responsible for monitoring children, parents and caregivers who are involved with the dependency system, including scheduled visits with all parties, written documentation of all contacts, court work and coordination of services from other agencies.
- Meat training requirements stipulated by the Florida Certification Board (FCB) for a Child Welfare Case Manager.
- Subjected to change based on distribution of cases to the Service Center Model.
- Managed a caseload of children in Foster Care/ Protective Supervision/ Adoption.
- Responsible for taking a child/family through the entire dependency system regardless of permanency goal.
- Commitmented to family preservation and reunification, when safe to do so.
- Assisted families with the preparation of final arrangements.
Bachelor Of Arts
Sr. Family Services Counselor Resume
Summary : Business Professional with extensive experience working for Contra Costa County EHSD. A strong emphasis in benefits administration: expertise in management, compliance, accounting, confidentiality, benefits and customer service relations. Key skills include: Case Management Time Management Communication Skills New Hire & Training Benefits Orientation Account Receivable/Payable Payroll Sales.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Counseling, Social Media Marketing, Evaluation, Professional Wrting, Public Policy, Fundraising, Marketing.
- Included assisting families in making cemetery arrangements through the selection and purchase of cemetery property, merchandise, and services on at-need and pre-need basis.
- Established a professional relationship with client families to ensure that all needs are being met.
- Represented the company in a professional and caring manner, maintaining a professional personal appearance and employing honesty, integrity, and ethical methods of performing duties.
- Provided tours and guides families that visit the cemetery to lot locations.
- Attended services and visitations for client families, ensures excellent service, and develops potential referrals.
- Completed required paperwork, insures proper interment verification process, and conducts blind checks, ensuring compliance with all relevant state and industry regulations and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to pricing structures, completing all paperwork accurately and timely, and for submitting all contracts.
Jr. Family Services Counselor Resume
Headline : Compassionate social services professional. An active listener dedicated to working with clients to help them resolve issues and thrive on their own. Seasoned Family Services Counselor specializing in face to face situational assessments, conflict resolution and effective communication.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Time Management.
- Interviewed clients individually and with families to determine what services would best address their needs.
- Communicated with parents and relatives about diagnoses and treatment programs offered by service providers and community partners.
- Communicated with public social and welfare agencies to obtain and provide information.
- Interviewed clients in their home for home study assessments to assist with custody decisions.
- Presented case history material for review and discussion with other staff members.
- Evaluated and addressed individual client needs and concerns.
- Maintained a caseload of 12-25 clients working under specific guidelines.
Family Services Counselor III Resume
Objective : Family Services Counselor is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive family services system that meets the needs of children, youth and families.
Skills : Effective Communication, Excel, Microsoft.
- Managed a caseload of fifteen to twenty cases.
- Conducted Safety Assessments.
- Participated in all Treatment Team Meetings.
- Assessed client needs and developed case plans.
- Provided counseling to at risk youth.
- Attended court hearings and advised of all compliance.
- Worked extensively with substance abuse clients.
Master's In Studies
Family Services Counselor II Resume
Objective : To obtain an accountable and responsible customer service satisfaction. Case Management. Strong Team Working and Multitasking Skills. Computer Literate.
Skills : Case Management, Microsoft Office, Crisis Intervention, Mental Health Counseling.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate referrals are made for 100 Opalocka Blvd.
- Ensured parents and children receive visitation as per court order
- Responsible for providing permanency in the lives of children who are in the custody of the Department of Children and Families.
- Conducted monthly home visits.
- Reported on the compliance of parents with their case plans.
- Prepared Court Reports, case notes and inputs data in the computer.
- Interviewed and assessed client needs, made appropriate referrals, reviewed adoptive home.
Master Of Science
Family Services Counselor I Resume
Objective : Frequent interaction with hostile and uncooperative clients. Advocated to ensure families receive identified services. Wrote court reports and case plans.
Skills : Effective Management Practices Proficient Knowledge.
- Managed cases and ensure the provision of mental, physical and emotional healthcare services for abused, abandoned, or neglected children under the supervision of or in the care and custody of the Department of Children & Families.
- Assessed the safety of those children on a daily basis.
- Developed case plans that would enable the children to remain in or return to the home of their parents or other relatives.
- Maintained a minimum of monthly in-home face-to-face contact with children and caretakers to identify any unmet need and to determine compliance with court orders.
- Conducted home investigations to determine suitability for child.
- Maintained written documentation of all casework activities.
- Completed and submited court documents and participate in court hearing pursuant to each child.
- Scheduled and attended staffings with providers to identify client needs, goals, strengths and problem areas.
- Provided mentoring assistance to interns and new employees.
Master Of Management
Assistant Family Services Counselor Resume
Summary : Case management and customer service experience. Any job would fit with one or both qualities. Providing services to individuals with special needs or at risk of abuse or neglect.
Skills : Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Consulted with other professionals regarding the treatment of specific clients.
- Provided mental health and substance abuse counseling to individual clients and their families.
- Supervised staff in the childcare program.
- Required documents, and payments to the business office within required deadlines.
- Make presentations at the business location, at client family homes, and at public community events highlighting merchandise, services, and the benefits of pre-need arranging.
- Maintained positive and proactive communication and cooperation with all funeral homes, departments, and team members to ensure a smooth service process for families.
- Educated consumers on the importance of pre-need arrangements.
Family Services Counselor/Representative Resume
Summary : Provided assistance to families searching for loved ones buried in the cemetery and historians researching the locations of the historic battle grounds.
Skills : Child Welfare, Fluent In English And Spanish.
- Provided advice to bereaved families and help them make burial arrangements for their departed loved ones.
- Maintained a positive communication with client families and answer questions regarding the burial process and
- Helped overwhelmed members cope with their loss.
- Attended and participated in staffings, developed and cofacilitated a support group for preadopted children adolescents, maintained a high.
- Conducted home studies, made home visits, prepared paperwork for and attended.
- Conducted assessments and screenings for developmental milestones, depression and domestic violence
- Make referrals to other community agencies and assist families to reach resources within the community.
- Responsible for assigned programs for children and/or adults such as parent support and education.
Family Services Counselor/Specialist Resume
Objective : Obtain a position in Social Services to better maximize and further enhance management skills, and my vast and extensive experience in quality assurance, program development and training.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Management, Microsoft Office Suite, Powerpoint.
- Assessed the client's needs and developed service plans.
- Coordinated the delivery of services, plan referrals and linkages to clients and families.
- Monitored service plan progress and evaluated reports from multiple service providers.
- Developed and maintained case and program documentation according to contract (assessments, treatment/service plans, progress notes, termination summaries, etc.).
- Prepared case/status reports and made recommendations/ testified at court or other prescribed bodies regarding reunification, termination of parental rights or other permanency plans.
- Coordinated services with other professionals.
- Conducted community outreach, as needed.
- Provided support to children, caregivers and family members to assure stable placement and timely achievement of permanency.
- Assisted family/caregivers in accessing subsidy, medical coverage and other needed services for children.
Family Services Counselor Resume
Objective : Aim to obtain a position where extensive customer service and sales experience can be put to use along with the opportunity for advancement within an organization.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Outlook And Word, Time Management.
- Performed client assessments and develop service plans Conduct home and facility visits Educate and support caregivers Coordinate the delivery of services and make referrals as needed Monitor progress and evaluate reports from multiple service providers.
- Provided comfort and compassion to families while maintaining professionalism.
- Conducted individual and couples sessions providing brief solution focused counseling services.
- Completed counseling assessments and made referral recommendations to appropriate community resources.
- Reported treatment recommendations to the Department of Human Services for the purpose of benefits coordination.
- Handled interment services and counsel families at the time of need.
- Participated in the Quality Improvement process.