Family Service Worker Resume
Objective : Top-performing, highly-motivated, and results-oriented professional with an exceptionally strong background in case management, and serving at-risk populations, and families, as well as excellent client evaluation skills and the ability to locate and promote appropriate community services for clients. I have the ability to quickly establish excellent working relationships with clients and recognized by my colleagues for solving skills and astute contributions to team meetings.
Skills : For twenty years I've learned how to communicate effectively.
- Responsible for the Head Start enrollment and responsible recruiting.
- Aided Head Start families in following Pre-K guidelines and requirements.
- This includes: obtaining physicals, dentals, vaccination.
- Provided transportation for children to obtain physicals, dentals, vaccines, hearing and eye exams Referred parents to proper community resources to obtain help with utility bills, GED, employment and financial aid.
- Performed home visits to check on families and to see if they need any assistance Worked with the local county schools and community agencies.
- Coordinated and ran parent meetings for the assigned Pre-K room.
- Aided in the classroom with the teacher or substituted while teacher was off sick.
Certificate In Social Studies
Teacher/Family Service Worker Resume
Objective : Dynamic, accomplished and motivated professional with a proven track record of skills and experience in Case Management, seeking to apply skills and recent academic training to pursue career advancement objectives. Core Competencies Public Administration Case Management Internet Research Community Events Customer Service MS Office Suite Healthcare Mgmt Office Administration Data Entry.
Skills : Proficient In Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet/email-Type.
- Provide early intervention service to Shelby County School(SCS) Pre K classes, for example speech services.
- Manage Prek cases of a total of 40 families and children and implement follow up plans with families when needed.
- Provide resources and information from the community to ensure these families live an optimal lifestyle.
- Assist SCS Prek Teachers and Parents to ensure these children transition to kindergarten successfully.
- Track attendance, dental screenings, and other health screenings for children in Prek to identify early disability delay and/or other health related issues the child may be experiencing.
- Assist in recruiting and enrolling new Prek families and children ages 3-5 years each calendar School year.
- Encourage Parent Involvement with the Prek department to ensure a smooth transition to kindergarten for their children.
- Perform research/study to remain current with various treads that involve early childhood education, the needs of children at risk, and services to families affected by substance abuse.
MBA In Public Administration
Family Service Worker (Temporary) Resume
Objective : Detail oriented caseworker/family service worker for Arkansas Department of Human Services-Division of Children and Family Services. I have over a year's experience working with families in crisis and at-risk children. I also have intern experience from working with individuals with developmental disabilities and experience with administration in an office setting that is oriented to specialized testing and accessibility for students with disabilities.
Skills : approach problems from multiple perspectives, critically.
- Case management and direct services to foster care or adoptive children, parents, and their families.
- Counseling, prevention, administration, advocacy on behalf of the child, parents, and/or families with social services.
- Conduct regular home visits and on-going assessments.
- Develop case plan to establish goals and necessary resources to provide safety to the children in foster care.
- Provide supportive services and/or other resources for foster care children with emotional, social, behavioral, or mental health needs.
- Provide stabilization services (crisis intervention) for foster children, parents, and their families in a timely manner.
- Assist with child placement and post-placement services and coordinating arrangements between the placement agency and the foster home.
High School Diploma
Family Service Worker II Resume
Summary : Long-standing community services experiences in the area of social services, early childhood education, and personal self development training programs for low-income families within the City of Detroit, Hamtramck, and Highland Park Michigan. Commitment to providing resources and educational opportunities to parent's of children enrolled in the federally funded Head Start Pre-school program. I have received the following awards and recognition for my work in human services: C.
Skills : Customer Service Skills, Business Development, Housekeeping, Inventory.
- Enroll and recruit children for program, participate in community activities related to enrollment.
- For Parents: present workshops and training relating to personal self development for parents and caregivers.
- Blood Pressure, Vision & Hearing Screenings for Pre-School Age Children.
- Assisted with Planning and Implementation of Health Fairs.
- Assisted with tooth brushing activities for preschool age children.
- Prepared and implemented daily lesson plans.
- Assisted with family style dining during meal times.
- Prepared children for daily nap time routine.
Master Of Social Work In Family & Children Services
Family Service Worker Head Resume
Headline : Results-driven, versatile professional with a record of accomplishment in Administrative Assistant (AA), office automation and administration, child care and special events. Knowledge of and skill in applying an extensive body of administrative assistant (AA) policies, procedures, and operations sufficient to perform a variety of support assignments in various specialties. Computer literate using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Skills : Excel, Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Administrative, Case Management, Cashier, Phone Etiquette, Computer Skills.
- Include providing comprehensive case management services to all clients including: intake assessment, benefit assessment, goal setting, long-term care plan development, monthly case plan development, progress monitoring, individual money management, tenant education, advocacy, and referrals.
- Maintaining a case load of over 100 families.
- Meeting with clients monthly for up to 12 months.
- Connect families with needed and available community resources.
- Follow-up with clients and agencies as appropriate to document use/success of referral.
- Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into agency database.
- Ensure that all documents submitted on behalf of a client are valid.
- Contact property owners to validate eviction notices.
Bachelor Of Arts In Criminal Justice
Family Service Worker Assistant Resume
Summary : Exceptionally dedicated and resourceful Family Service Worker with an excellent client satisfaction record and superior eye for detail. Skilled researcher of family histories to ensure properly designed and implemented family service plans. Good at explaining a complex variety of social service rules and guidelines in a clear and understandable manner to families, medical and mental health staff and relevant outside agency personnel.
Skills : Powerpoint.
- Recruitment and registration of families, assuring that all families meet eligibility requirements.
- Inputting information into different types of programs.
- Worked closely with contractors and schools in developing Individual Education Plans and Individual Family Service Plans, Providing and reviewing the IDEA act with families, worked closely with families to determine their needs and support them by obtaining resources and developed partnership's with different agencies.
- Update community resource directory in order to provide the information to parents.
- Completed health packets for the health and updated information as needed.
- Encouraged parents to attend and volunteer at the center.
- Taking, typing, translating meeting and training minutes and preparing agendas, such as parent and staff.
AA In General Studies
Family Service Worker/Program Coordinator Resume
Objective : Seeking a highly rewarding career that challenges me to continue learning and whereby my bilingual counseling skills, conflict-management, and interpersonal skills may be utilized. Pursuing a position where I may serve as an advocate to families and people in need, while making a positive contribution to the organization.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Macintosh Operating System, Data.
- Investigated child maltreatment reports by making on-site visits, securing background information, and interviewing parties involved.
- Intervened in crisis situations, removed the child from the home in the event of an emergency, and arranged for placement in foster homes, group homes, or treatment facilities Developed case plans to establish goals, objectives, tasks, and time frames for parties involved in a case.
- Provided case management services to clients in defining their needs, interests, and courses of action.
- Referred clients to professionals, agencies, services, or community resources appropriate to clients' problems.
- Visited clients and foster children in their placements on a regular basis to monitor progress toward case objectives.
- Prepared affidavits and court reports for hearings and presented testimony.
- Skills Used Application of state and federal child welfare laws, policy, and procedure; Case management; Trauma-informed service delivery; Individual and family assessment; Client advocacy; Court testimony; Multidisciplinary teams.
Master Of Social Work In Social Work
Family Service Worker I Resume
Objective : Family case worker, 15 years working with clients in need and to helping them reach their goals. Making sure families are staying healthy by making sure they get their yearly physical and dental exams, food pantry, clothing closet and helping them with education or employment. Helping clients reach goals.
Skills : Certified case manager.
- complete intake forms, provide program information to parents and assist teachers in orienting parents to program requirements.
- Implemented provision of social services to families, e.g.
- assess family needs and developing an individual family plan, monitor and update ongoing family plans, assist parents in making contact with appropriate community resources and provide information on community resources to families.
- Evaluated parent interest and needs and develop and implement a plan of parent education activities and special parent events based on this assessment.
- Made home visits and/or telephone calls as needed to maintain communication with parents regarding attendance, school program, services and activities.
- Promoted parent and community involvement and positive public relations for programs and services and serve as a resource person to human service agencies, including health, social service and education.
- Completed reports and maintain records in an efficient and effective manner.
Bachelor Of Arts In Sociology And Anthropology
Family Service Worker/Assistant Resume
Headline : To obtain a position in a challenging environment, providing opportunities for growth and advancement, where I can utilize my experience, knowledge and skills toward becoming a valuable team member.
Skills : Interpreter English / Spanish ,Microsoft word, office, excel, fax.
- Recruited children/families, interviewed applicants, completed applications, and maintained site waiting list data as required.
- Implemented provisions of social services to families.
- Encouraged and recruited parents to participate in various program activities and coordinated parent participation in program activities.
- Planned, scheduled and conducted parent education programs and committee meetings.
- Made home visits and telephone calls as needed to maintain communication with parents regarding attendance, school programs, services and activities.
- Served on site-based student/family service groups as needed.
- Completed reports and maintained records in an efficient and effective manner.
A.A.S In Human Services
Sr. Family Service Worker Resume
Summary : Conduct comprehensive and complex risk assessments, clinical interviews, and psychosocial assessments of children and adults. Interview victims, offenders, children, and family members regarding allegations of abuse or neglect. Obtain relevant data from legal, investigatory, medical, command, social service agencies, schools, resource programs, etc. to compile information and present to the Family Advocacy Program Case Review Committee for a determination of abuse or neglect.
Skills : State Programs.
- Responded to allegations of child abuse and neglect.
- Provided all activities pertaining to health, family services, parent involvement, employment, and literacy.
- Recruited children and completed applications for the program.
- Planned and coordinated emergency services for the families and the agency.
- Consulted with parents, physicians and other health care professionals (DSS, Health Department, and Mental Health).Complied with Federal and State Laws, rules, and regulations.
- Partnered with community resources to determine causes of problems and effective solutions in order to arrange and assist for medical, family service, employment and educational needs.
- Provided and performed workshops pertaining to WIC, Food Stamps, Medicaid, Health Choice, Immunizations, Mental Health, Child Abuse and Neglect and Nutrition.
M.A. In Counseling
Family Service Worker Permanent Resume
Summary : To obtain a Family Service Advocate position. I am an exceptionally dedicated and resourceful Family Service Worker with an excellent client satisfaction record and superior eye for detail. I'm also a skilled researcher of family histories to ensure properly designed and implemented family service plans. I'm very skilled at explaining a complex variety of social service rules and guidelines in a clear and understandable manner to families medical and mental health staff and relevant outside agency personnel.
Skills : Customer Service, Data Entry, Case Management, Behavior Management, Linkage / Referral, and Crisis Intervention.
- Provided comprehensive case management services to assist children and their families which included individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Acted as a liaison, participating in case conferences, parent meetings, trainings and collaborative meetings.
- Planned, organized and conducted parent orientations, workshops and meetings.
- Supervised center and staff in Administrator's absence.
- Early Childhood Program Office Manager: Performed all office accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Researched and created grant proposals with successful results.
- Supervised center and staff in Director's absence.
Masters In Public Administration
Family Service Worker Resume
Objective : A highly talented, capable, enthusiastic, quick-thinking, motivated, detailed-oriented, and energetic professional with over 5 years of managerial and business-oriented experience and extremely knowledgeable with a solid background in the managerial and business field.
Skills : Fax machine copy machine computer skills clerical and social service.
- Investigated complaints of abuse/neglect of children, spouses and/or adults and evaluates the need for protective services.
- Accepted referrals, interviewed clients and explained or interpreted agency services.
- Provided family preventive services including, but not limited to, child protection, adult protection, guardianship services, juvenile services, adoption services and services to juvenile offenders.
- Made home visits to assess and provide family based, guardianship or juvenile services.
- Coordinated placement of children and adults and provided post placement services to the family and advocated for the individual.
- Developed service objectives and service plans, made appropriate referrals and coordinated needed services.
- Conducted individual and/or group counseling with juvenile offenders.
- Performed professional evaluation of clients progress in relation to treatment plan.
Certificate Of Paralegal Studies In Paralegal Studies