Medical Assistant Extern Resume
Objective : Assisting physicians in exams, chaperoning, Triage patients for their scheduled appointments, Collecting insurance information Medical Skills: Interview Patients, measure vital signs, and record information in patient charts.
Skills : Medical Assisting, Mental Health, CNA.
- Responsible for taking patient vital signs including height, weight, and pain level on a scale of 1-10.
- Collected insurance information and worked directly with telephone triage and scheduling appointments.
- Assisted with physical exams, assist with transcribing reports and administered injections IM, SQ, IV, ID PRN, Performed administrative duties such as medical records, mail sorting.
- Maintained written messages, accurate record messages.
- Wrote out a prescription for the Doctor.
- Called in prescription into a pharmacy.
- Assisting veterans with the means test procedure and explained to veterans what the means test consist of.
Sr. Medical Assistant Extern Resume
Summary : Responsible for writing out prescriptions and assist with gynecology exams recorded a list of patient medication and took the chief complaint, assisted with ear irrigation procedures and responsible for taking urine analysis and performed venipuncture procedures.
Skills : Management Skills, Organizing Skills.
- Answered multi-line telephone system to assist patients with obtaining information about appointments, get in contact with Cardiology physicians, assisting with obtaining medication refills.
- Checked patients in and out for multiple clinics within the department.
- Scheduled patients using consults (referrals) for new patients, as well as scheduled patients for multiple Cardiology clinics.
- Verified insurance information with each patient using the Insurance Card Buffer system.
- Assisted physicians and veterans with verifying eligibility for cardiac procedures and surgery and explained general information on each procedure.
- Opened mail and routed to designated staff within the department.
- Assisted Emory, Grady, and VA staff on computer issues and updates.
Jr. Medical Assistant Extern Resume
Objective : Very motivated medical assistant to be in a position of a multi-task; fast pace environment. Seeking an opportunity to utilize strengths, and knowledge.
Skills : Medical Assistant, Patient Care.
- Took the patients to the room and check their vital sings.
- Made sure the rooms look neat and clean for the other patients to come in.
- Made sure all the instruments are sterilized, and we disposed of every contaminated supplies.
- Collected all the blood work and the urine, and other laboratory's we always have to log it in the book at all times.
- Measured the surface, clean the area and inject and aspirate before giving to the patients.
- Handled the patients with care, to their ability.
- Checked in the patients, and put the patients in the room and at the same time we check their vitals until the doctor comes to see the patient.
Medical Assistant Extern I Resume
Objective : Supporting providers and other members of the health care team in clinic offices by performing a variety of back-office patient-related tasks and ensuring smooth patient and workflow within the department. May work at any affiliate office location/department. Adhering to affiliate policies and procedures and supports the mission and vision statement.
Skills : Patient Care, Medical, Administrative Skills.
- Assisted with exams and procedures.
- Prepared rooms, and scheduled appointments.
- Made copies of information needed for insurance purposes.
- Insured customer requirements for visits are properly followed and highlighted.
- Helped physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Collected blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens and prepare them for testing.
- Provided patient teaching for the medication administration route.
Medical Assistant Extern II Resume
Headline : Seeking long term employment in an organization where grow professionally and further enhance skills, knowledge and experience to face and overcome the challenges of today's changing work environment. Skills and Attributes: Cash Handling Phlebotomy Detail Oriented Financial Transactions Inventory Planning and Organizing Positive Attitude and Energy Team Player.
Skills : Phlebotomy, Electrocardiograph, Bandaging, Urinalysis.
- Escorted patients to a room.
- Obtained health histories and vital signs.
- Charted electronically using CHCS/AHLTA.
- Collected and performed lab screenings for urine specimens, pap smears, and throat cultures.
- Performed EKGs.
- Checked blood sugar.
- Administered Snellen eye exams.
Medical Assistant Extern III Resume
Summary : Assuring completeness of ordered procedures and treatments, assures smooth patient flow, performs general lab work, instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments, and needs, and ensures medical orders and referrals are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
Skills : Trained In Phlebotomy, EKG, Medicine Administration.
- Took patient vitals.
- Performed EKGs.
- Filed patient charts.
- Performed patient injections.
- Tested Urine and blood samples.
- Performed strep and flu testing.
- Helped with drug testing through urine and hair follicles.
Associate Medical Assistant Extern Resume
Headline : To be a useful part of well-reputed organization as a Medical Assistant, and to enhance skills in order to be a greater asset to the practice.
Skills : Epic, Phlebotomy, Computer Skills.
- Performed patient vitals and charted patient information in their individual charts.
- Greeted patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Pulled charts of patients to be seen the following day.
- Determined patient's needs and processed them according to the type of case.
- Sorted and filed materials correctly in alphabetical or numerical order.
- Reviewed all forms for completion and signatures.
- Obtained patient signatures and followed all other company procedures.
Medical Assistant Extern/Consultant Resume
Summary : Under the supervision of the designated supervisor and assigned physician, performs duties associated with direct patient care and clinical direction to provide patient care given in accordance with the organization standards.
Skills : Microsoft, Injections.
- Recorded patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepared treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Cleaned and sterilized instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Prepared and administered medications as directed by a physician.
- Showed patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Explained treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
Lead Medical Assistant Extern Resume
Summary : Performing registration and scheduling activities per organizational and departmental procedures, Maintaining EMR files, and performs general front office functions as needed.
Skills : MS Office, Management Skills.
- Completed 324 hours half clinical and the other was Administrative.
- Escorted patients to treatment rooms and triaging.
- Escorted patients to discharge.
- Responsible for Treatment room preparation/ observed doctors/ patient care.
- Assisted doctors with translating to Spanish-speaking patients.
- Filled injections with doctor authorization, scanned files into the computer system.
- Assisted during surgical procedures.
Medical Assistant Extern Resume
Objective : Supporting their department as assigned, while gaining experience and educational opportunities through a set timeframe during the Externship.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service.
- Completed externship rotation of 160 hours through vary of departments at the Mary E Walker Clinic and Weed Army Community Hospital.
- Greeted and logged in patients, customer service, scheduling appointments, answering phone calls.
- Prepared treatment rooms, keeping rooms neat and clean.
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information and measure vital signs, weight, and height.
- Prepared patients to see physicians.
- Drawn blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods, and capillaries by dermal punctures, such as heel or finger stick method.
- Disinfected and sterilized instruments, prep, and packed instruments for sterilization.