Lead Counselor Resume
Summary : A compassionate and caring ASCA model trained counselor. Highly skilled in assessing students and developing and administrating school counseling and community counseling academic, career and personal/social development plans for a student's success in school and in life.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Counselor.
- Provided academic, career, social/personal counseling to students and their families in the Norfolk Public School system and in the home setting.
- Provided teachers with suggestions for effective classroom management.
- Provided counseling to students who have disciplinary problems.
- Assisted youth with individual counseling, which guides the Individual Service Plan/ Individual Educational Plan.
- Established a rapport with students and their caregiver to build trust and ensure successful interventions.
- Coordinated with Dean of Students concerning disciplinary issues and then conduct life skills and anger management workshops/classes for the students.
- Provided medication management to clients along with parental or guardians consent.
Masters Of Arts
Sr. Lead Counselor Resume
Headline : To utilized mental health counseling skills to serve and address the unique needs of future clients and to assist individuals and community in fostering positive social change.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Management.
- Created a fun/dynamic camp atmosphere which generates creative ideas & establish positive objectives for children.
- Provided appropriate therapeutic services and psychiatric stability to the at-risk youth and their immediate family to include In-home and Outpatient Therapy.
- Completed a nine month internship for Master of Science in clinical mental health counseling degree.
- Provided therapy services for severely mentally ill clients in individual counseling sessions.
- Led counselor for a dual diagnosis/addictions group, and co-counsel DBT skills groups.
- Gained an additional four months post degree experience with El Dorado County Health and Human Services as a mental health clinician.
- Provided services in crisis work at Barton Memorial Hospital ER assisting clients presenting with suicide ideations, grave disabilities, determined appropriate psychiatric placement for clients, and provided intensive case management services.
Master Of Science
Jr. Lead Counselor Resume
Objective : Pursuing a management position in a results-oriented company that seeks an ambitious and career-conscious person, where acquired skills and education will be maximized toward growth and advancement.
Skills : Public Speaking, Operations Supporter, Create Growth Programs.
- Balanced Life and provide therapy services to individuals, children and groups including individuals with domestic violence issues.
- Balanced Life include working closely with CPS, courts, supervising parent/child visitations, and facilitating a SMART recovery group.
- Currently attended once a month training, which include CEUs at EDCMH regarding substance abuse issues .
- Held a Master of Science degree in clinical mental health counseling, which is from a CACREP accredited program.
- Provided exceptional delivery of travel and customer service to American Express Card members.
- Supported management with secondary responsibilities and demonstrated role model behavior.
- Monitored calls for quality assurance, and ensured sales were increased and maintained.
Master Of Arts
Asst. Lead Counselor Resume
Objective : Reliable and highly motivated individual, seeking to obtain a position that will allow to continue to employ skills learned as a recent Psychology Graduate with a concentration in Family and Child Sciences.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer service.
- Provided feedback to travel counselors involving call monitors, and behavior.
- Managed daily operations of the office independently.
- Managed escalated calls and resolved customer service issues.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the PCSS Database, and reports were delivered on schedule.
- Selected to train, coach and develop new hires, peers, and team leaders on Centurion products, services and processes.
- Effectively taught PCSS Database, Membership Rewards Program Database, RightFax, Effective Business Writing and Centurion Benefits and Services.
- Facilitated areas of Counseling and Guidance services.
Bachelors In Social Work
Associate Lead Counselor Resume
Objective : Works well in challenging, fast-paced, and deadline-oriented environments either individually or as part of a team. Proficient in the field of Psychology/Criminal Justice and possesses a clear understanding of the varying mental health disorders, medical disorders, drug and alcohol concerns and criminal behaviors sometimes associated with an individual's diagnosis.
Skills : Management, Communications, Leadership Development, Customer Service.
- Oversaw youth in the Youth Community Service Program.
- Co-Facilitated Teen Par4enting Education, Parenting Education, and Marriage and Family Counseling.
- Managed Caseloads of over 100 clients.
- Summarized case notes and distribute to officials.
- Obtained needed information from clients and all individuals involved in the case.
- Prepared daily case notes on clients and generate summaries of their progress, attitudes, involvement, and communications (both verbal & non-verbal) during groups.
- Initiated legal action on complaints of all abuse and /or neglect.
Lead Counselor III Resume
Objective : Highly skilled and motivated behavioral health professional with over 20 years of experience with providing a full range of services such as case management, counseling and supervision with emphasis on improving quality of life for individuals.
Skills : Education, Counseling, Training & Development, Coaching, Sales.
- Performed in-office investigative works related to background checks, education, and criminal background.
- Completed and maintained accurate records or reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Counseled clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Developed client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories.
- Conducted chemical dependency program orientation sessions.
- Participated in case conferences or staff meetings.
- Reviewed and evaluated clients' progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
PhD In Public Service Leadership
Lead Counselor II Resume
Summary : Desired Job Type, Part-time Core Qualifications, Ability to maintain accurate client records Aware of legal and ethical standards Able to work independently and as a member of a Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills team CPR and First Aid certified.
Skills : Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Social Services, Case Management.
- Interviewed clients, review records, and confer with other professionals to evaluate individuals' mental and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program.
- Planned or implemented follow-up or aftercare programs for clients to be discharged from treatment programs.
- Intervened as an advocate for clients or patients to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Maintained clinical responsibility for the counseling of clients who have a severe and persistent mental illness and substance abuse problems.
- Provided diagnostic assessment, treatment planning and completed necessary updates as required.
- Provided effective and efficient management of caseload.
- Facilitated group therapy.
Masters In Social Work
Lead Counselor I Resume
Summary : Infusing leadership, team player, self-motivation and organizational skills, seeking a career as an educator who will bring energy, enthusiasm and excitement to preparing children and teens for their bright futures.
Skills : Training counselors, observation for group sessions.
- Conducted individual sessions that covered dual diagnosis treatment.
- Interfaced with medical staff at facility to ensure medication compliance.
- Maintained accurate documentation of services.
- Completed evaluation of staff work performance.
- Reposnible for supervision of counselors and house managers.
- Prepared individuals with history of mental illness, substance use, trauma and incarceration, for gainful employment and successful reentry into the community.
- Conducted and analyzed vocational assessments of clients' interests, skills, and barriers for employment.
Master's In Counseling
Lead Counselor/Representative Resume
Objective : To secure an interesting and challenging position. Excellent communication and problem solving skills. Experience with handling reports, as well as scheduling and documenting. Team builder. Excel at supervising staff and maintaining order in appropriate fashion.
Skills : Team management, Leadership.
- Provided care and closed supervision of facility clients.
- Successfully helped residents complete their treatment.
- Formulated service plans that specify certain employment objectives and denote progress.
- Assisted clients in developing social and communication skills for employment.
- Provided resume/cover letter critiques and interview skills training.
- Educated clients on anger management and conflict resolution skills.
- Maintained an active caseload of 10-25 weekly clients.
Lead Counselor Resume
Summary : To engage a position of challenge, which will utilize excellent communicative and people skills, with a well-established institution and organization to further develop career working in recovery.
Skills : Excellent Customer Service, Excellent communication skills.
- Provided coping mechanisms for families to help deal with some of the pressing issues of being associated with the military.
- Responsible for case management services regarding intake and discharge planning.
- Collaborated with NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision with clients on parole and work release.
- Provided education service for adult correctional population with addiction and co-occurring issues re-entry into society program).
- Conducted individual sessions for a case load of 30-40 clients.
- Taught curriculum specialized for substance abuse offenders.
- Conducted therapeutic groups.
Certification In Human Services