Licensed Mental Health Counselor Resume
Headline : Highly motivated, results-oriented, Licensed Mental Health Professional with over 3 years of experience conducting comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessments, facilitating psycho-educational groups, discharge planning, coordination of care, and providing community referrals and resources.
Skills : Hospital Intakes, Community Mental Health, Groups, Women, Discharge Planning, Day Treatment, Parenting Classes, Individual Psychotherapy.
- Manage the delivery of mental health services for clients inclusive of initial intake assessment, crisis intervention, treatment plan development and reviews, assessment and documentation of client symptoms and diagnosis, and the provision of therapeutic interventions to maximize client outcomes.
- Ensure that services provided meet all utilization requirements of insurance carriers and funders including the provision of solution focused interventions, reviewing and updating treatment plans as required, and monitoring patient outcomes.
- Perform bio-psychosocial and substance use assessments of clients to identify emotional, social, and environmental concerns associated with client's emotional wellness and collaborate with clients to develop an effective treatment plan.
- Determine the appropriate level of care upon intake and make transfers to other programs or community resources as needed.
- Coordinate between medical and non-medical service providers daily to facilitate coordination of care.
- Maintain all required electronic documentation.
- Provided individual mental health counseling in private practice setting.
- Provide mental health counseling to private clients.
Mental Health Counseling
Sr. Licensed Mental Health Counselor Resume
Summary : To obtain a position which enables utilization of various therapeutic skills including: art, play, family and individual therapy. To grow as a professional and continue to develop both educational and therapeutic skills.
Skills : Skilled in mental health therapy skills.
- Crisis plans, crisis intervention, stabilization, and triage.
- Perform behavioral health screenings and mental health assessments.
- Intake evaluations and suicide risk assessments.
- Provide counseling services and psycho education using proven therapeutic techniques that both encourage and support change within the human condition.
- Facilitated and managed group counseling - anxiety, coping skills, domestic violence, and anger management.
- Facilitated counseling and coaching sessions for groups and individuals addressing issues such as work-related stress, substance abuse, depression, grief, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Designed and marketed a psycho-educational, CBT-focused weight loss support group, bringing in eight new clients to the practice.
Jr. Licensed Mental Health Counselor Resume
Summary : Licensed Mental Health Professional with more than 25 years' experience working in community mental health agencies. Conducted mental health evaluations, assessments for services for youth and adults, completed intakes & making appropriate referrals for Mental Health Treatment.
Skills : Medical Tech, Family.
- Diagnosed psychological disorders using DSM-IV-TR and V and developed treatment plans to successfully treat and terminate with clients.
- Previously listed as provider on several insurance boards Provided training and guidance to new counselors and interns both on counseling techniques/topics and assisting them with office systems and procedures.
- Provided weekly clinical supervision to intern graduate students.
- Attended weekly individual and group supervision, consulted and collaborated with parents and guardians of clients.
- Efficiently handled phone correspondence with clients & accurately filled out and processed referrals, including contacting insurance companies to obtain appropriate authorizations.
- Helped underinsured individuals obtain insurance coverage.
- Maintained working knowledge of fundamentals of managed care, relevant ethical codes and HIPAA laws, as well as community resources and referral sources.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor III Resume
Summary : Currently looking for a mental health counseling position within a well respected, person-centered mental health agency that will utilize skills and knowledge in the field of mental health counseling.
Skills : Neurofeedback Trained.
- Provided on-site mental health counseling to students in grades 9-12.
- Provided referrals to local, state agencies including abuse reporting.
- Worked respectively with outside agencies providing continuum of care for joint clients.
- Counseled adolescents on decision-making, choice/consequence, drug and alcohol abuse and addiction, stress reduction, daily life management, communication skills, medication management and academic performance.
- Responsible for all crisis intervention school-wide.
- Responsible for each client's psychosocial, treatment plan, progress notes, substance abuse placement, target population and client diagnosis.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor for the Care Center, facilitated woman's life management group.
- Designed and facilitated after-school girl's adolescent group.
Masters Of Science
Licensed Mental Health Counselor II Resume
Headline : Mental Health Counselor or licensed professional counselor will provide support and guidance to individuals to promote social, emotional, and cognitive wellness.
Skills : Domestic Violence Offender Training Interventionist, Offender Tactics, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Mental Health Assessment.
- Differential diagnosis of mental/emotional disorders using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV TR).
- Diagnose biopsychosocial functioning, disability and impairment for the age appropriate patient/family.
- Develop treatment intervention plans with clinical impressions.
- Therapeutic counseling provided through individual, family and group counseling, largely through use of Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) to children who have experienced trauma as a result of physical or sexual abuse along with their family members.
- Facilitate patient's psychological adjustment along the continuum of care and transition to next level of care.
- Train interns and new therapist on facility and treatment procedures.
- Supervise interns and review documents requiring a licensed clinician's approval.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor I Resume
Summary : To receive a position, that would allow to use the knowledge, skills, abilities, and education that gained over the years.
Skills : Management, Research, and computer literate.
- Provide individual, family and couples therapy to clients ages 10 and up, specializing in Eating Disorders.
- Interview clients individually and with families to determine what services will best address their needs.
- Utilize strong assessment skills to determine necessary client care and treatment plans.
- Advise clients on community resources, make referrals and devise realistic treatment plans.
- Evaluate and address individual client needs and concerns.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Experiential Therapy and other types of therapies as necessary.
- Consult with other professionals regarding the treatment of specific clients.
- Educate clients and their families regarding other community resources.
Master Of Science
Licensed Mental Health Counselor/Technician Resume
Summary : To acquire steady employment in the mental health field. Create a custom plan that addresses these needs and grows with them. Plans are supplemented with exercises, self-care, tips and education.
Skills : Micosoft Office, Avatar for charting and documentation.
- Providing mental health services to incarcerated females.
- Conducted Women's Empowerment group to reduce domestic violence Provide intake assessment and psychiatric referrals, clinical assessment, treatment planning, and treatment progress reviews.
- Crisis Intervention, suicide risk assessment, prevention, and follow-up.
- Individual adult counseling and therapy with seriously mentally ill and personality disorders.
- Individual adult counseling for PTSD, Grief and Loss, and Terminal Illness Conducted the Mental Health Department Substance Abuse Group for those with co- occurring disorders.
- Conducted the DBT skills group in small Mental Health Unit within the facility.
- Weekly clinical staff and psychiatry meetings to provide comprehensive care.
M.S. In Clinical
Asst. Licensed Mental Health Counselor Resume
Summary : To opportunity in guidance and counseling in a professional setting allowing to enhance abilities in this field.
Skills : Health Advisor, Medical Tech.
- Charted and recorded information in client files.
- Quickly responded to crisis situations when severe mental health and behavioral issues arose.
- Diagnosed mental health, emotional, and substance abuse disorders.
- Developed comprehensive treatment plans that focused on accurate diagnosis and behavioral treatment of problems.
- Guided clients in understanding illnesses and treatment plans.
- Taught clients anger management techniques, relaxation skills, impulse control, social skills, emotional coping skills, and functional living skills.
- Worked with parents to implement consistent behavior therapy techniques at home.
- Led clients in individual, family, group, and marital therapy sessions.
Master Of Science
Licensed Mental Health Counselor/Therapist Resume
Headline : To obtain a challenging and fulfilling position working as a clinical therapist providing counseling and therapeutic services to clients.
Skills : Fluent in French, Spanish and Italian. Able to converse in Portuguese.
- Provide individual, group, and family therapy as well as crisis intervention and crisis counseling.
- Perform suicide assessments and mental status exams.
- Counsel clients in areas such as self-harming behavior, suicidal ideations, peer relations, defiant behavior, family relations, anxiety, and substance abuse.
- Implement and develop behavior programs in home and school setting.
- Completed opening bio-psychosocial assessments, treatment planning and diagnostic assessments.
- Engage in counseling with children, adolescents, and adults.
- Maintain appropriate and necessary documentation required for Magellan and other insurance billing.
Clinical Mental Health
Licensed Mental Health Counselor Resume
Summary : Experienced mental health clinician with over 13 years of experience providing direct, group and family counseling.
Skills : Assessment of Need, Program Development, Implementation, Coordination, and Review.
- Served in this Article 31 community based mental health clinic.
- Provide individual, children, family and group psychotherapy.
- Provide treatment to individuals in chemical dependence treatment.
- Complete mental health assessments and develop comprehensive treatment plan.
- Provide coordination of care with client Psychiatrist and outside service providers.
- Outreach clients to ensure compliance with treatment.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed for client care.
MS In Social Work