Licensed Vocational Nurse/Medication Aide Resume
Headline : Professionally trained Licensed Vocational Nurse/Medication Aide with 5 years experience ensuring high standards of culturally competent care for a wide variety of patients with diverse needs. Dedicated and compassionate with excellent bedside skills, seeking team-oriented company with challenging opportunity with growth. Enthusiastic, with excellent people skills and dedicated work ethic. Demonstrates medical procedure competency while providing direct patient care.
Skills : Trach Care, Ventilator Troubleshooting, Care Of Children, Flu Shot Administration, Vaccinations
- Assessed need for, ordered, obtained and interpreted appropriate lab tests.
- Liaised between patients and physicians to ensure patient comprehension of treatment plans.
- Developed patient care plans, including assessments, evaluations and nursing diagnoses.
- Performed basic physical assessments of adults patients admitted to the floor.
- Ensured efficacy of treatments through monitoring of treatment regimens.
- Provided all daily living tasks to enhance the quality of life for elderly patients.
- Assisted residents with bathing, dressing, feeding, lifting and transferring.
- Experience with various medical conditions including Parkinson's, Dementia, Diabetes, Cancer, Alzheimer's and Paget's disease.
- Collected blood, tissue and other laboratory specimens and prepared them for lab testing.
- Performed vitals/glucose testing and assisted in administering injections and urinalysis.
Licensed Vocational Nurse Resume
Headline : Licensed Vocational Nurse with 6 years of clinical experience. Seeking employment within the medically-oriented setting. Available to start immediately. Proven team player, hardworking and reliable. Will be a strong and valuable addition to the medical team. To work and learn in a healthcare environment using all the knowledge and skills required of the Licensed Vocational Nurse, Assistant Community Manager, Transcriptionist, and Massage Therapist to provide a proficient level of service.
Skills : Proficient In EPIC, Electronic Medical Records, Excellent Communication, Excellent Organizational, Excellent Interpersonal, Earning Trust And Confidence Of Clients And Co-workers.
- Worked in a team environment to build an efficient way of care for detainees with mild to chronic illnesses.
- Patient care varied from simple wound care to chronic mental and chronic health conditions.
- Upheld policies and procedures, principles of responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Performed patient care functions, within the scope of competency, considering age-related needs of the patient as prescribed by physician/health care professional(s) following established protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assessed and monitored patients' condition and notify physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepared and administer medications as directed by physician order following established protocols.
- Applied principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by the infection control manual.
- Monitored patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary personnel as needed.
- Provided medical information and education to patients, following established protocols and guidelines.
- Documented pertinent patient information, assessment and nursing procedures following established protocols.
Licensed Vocational Nurse, Charge Nurse Resume
Headline : Licensed Vocational Nurse six years of experience in primary care in a hospital setting on an Orthopedic Unit. Maintains a strong reputation for achieving high levels of patient satisfaction. Energetic and motivational nurse and leader dedicated to driving top-quality patient care. Looking for a position in a top-notch facility with a commitment to innovative processes. Fully credentialed LVN with experience providing compassionate care in a hospital environment.
Skills : Patient Bedside Care Positioning, Feeding And Personal Hygiene, Medication Administration, Specimen Collection, Maternity, Pediatrics, And Mental Health Nursing Home, Health/ Hospice Wound Packing And Bandaging, Computer Literate, Complete And Concise Documentation, Supervision Of Staff
- Observed and documented patient status and reported patient complaints to the case manager.
- Completed and submitted clinical documentation in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Planned, prepared and served meals and snacks according to prescribed diets.
- Assisted with transferring residents in and out of wheelchairs and adaptive equipment.
- Charted daily information on the residents such as mood changes, mobility activity, eating percentages, and daily inputs and outputs.
- Recognized and reported abnormalities and/or changes in patients' health status to nursing staff.
- Exhibited compassionate care and communication with regard to issues of death and dying.
- Comforted patients and provided them with reassurance and encouragement.
- Promoted continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
Licensed Vocational Nurse II Resume
Summary : Compassionate Licensed Vocational Nurse with over 9 years of experience in the Health Care Department. Service-oriented with organized and proactive nature. Proficient in handling diverse situations and handling a wide variety of task. Resourceful and knowledgeable RN, seeking a position in which I can utilize my exceptional positive attitude and teamwork resulting in a high degree of quality care and decision making skills towards providing quality care to promote patient's health.
Skills : Case Management, Microsoft Office, EMR, Data Entry, Hedis Measures, Computer And Software, Office, Facsimiles, Copiers, Multi-line Phone, Phlebotomy
- Serving as a member of a collaborative psychiatric treatment team in an acute psychiatric facility.
- Assisting patients in anxiety and affect control, applying cognitive behavioral techniques, substance abuse counseling, assist patients in identifying and applying problem-solving and positive coping skills.
- Utilizing verbal de-escalation techniques to assist the patient in emotional regulation and prevent the need for hands-on intervention or medication intervention.
- Providing services in primary care settings for patients with psychiatric and detox needs (alcohol and drug abuse), developing and implementing nursing care plans, following prescribed individualized treatment plans and detox protocols, and administer medications.
- Assisting other team members in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for adult and adolescent patients with various psychiatric diagnoses.
- Communicating with psychiatrists and physicians regarding new orders, patient's status, and approvals.
- Implementing the hospital program philosophy of care and to ensure the safety and well-being of each patient.
Licensed Vocational Nurse/Wound Care Nurse Resume
Objective : Licensed Vocational Nurse/Wound Care Nurse with 4 years of experience seeking a position as LVN at the Healthcare Facility where I will be able to apply my skills in providing effective nursing care to the patients. Personal Summary: Ability to perform essential duties satisfactorily. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain accuracy in stressful and emergency situations. Strong Microsoft office skills. Bilingual English/Russian.
Skills : Drawing Blood, Strategic Planning, Ventilation, And Suction Certified, Taking Care Of Quadrapeligion Patients, Non-Verbal, Able To Communicate With Sign Language With Patient. Autistic Patients, OCD
- Responsible for patient admissions and dispositions, reviewed admission orders for completeness and correct signatures.
- Selected and completed required admission forms dependent on the category of patients and whether admission was the result of injury or disease.
- Ensured that the patient is assigned to the appropriate ward based on admitting diagnosis and directed or escorted the patient to the appropriate ward or clinic.
- Developed information for completion of forms on active duty military patients through research of available medical records, unit personnel, etc.
- Initiated notifications required in connection with certain patient categories.
- Accepted, described, and signed receipts for funds and valuables from patients being admitted and placed in night depository.
- Reviewed all injury admissions for determination of Line of Duty (LOD) actions.
- Maintained current index card file and register number log for all admitted patients.
Licensed Vocational Nurse I Resume
Summary : English speaking Licensed Vocational Nurse with over 10 years of experience as an effective advocate for patients. Experienced QAC/LVN licensed in Vocational nurse with strong clinical and people skills. Ten years of basic screening, diagnostic treatment, and rehabilitative and supportive services as a member of a primary health care team. Responsible QAC/LVN with excellent communication skills demonstrated by 10 years of experience in healthcare. Enthusiastic QAC/LVN with excellent people skills and a dedicated work ethic. Demonstrated medical procedure competency.
Skills : Wound Prevention And Intervention Specialist, Tracheotomy Care, Acute Care, Successfully Directs Staff Meetings, Insulin Medication Assistance, Fluent In English
- Started as a medication nurse, providing care for the residents on their daily needs in terms of their medications, assessing the change of condition, giving their needs and providing support as well to their families.
- Assessing and providing care to new wounds and current wounds, working with physicians in making the wounds better.
- Creating the best treatment orders under the supervision of the physician.
- Assessing need for, ordering, obtaining and interpreting appropriate lab tests.
- Effectively triaging patients and completing thorough physical assessments.
- Performing EKG's, injections, inhalation therapy and assistance in minor emergency medical treatment.
- Providing care in an urgent care setting under the supervision of multiple providers.
- Ensuring the quality requirements are met and providing appropriate education and teaching to staff.
- Recording patients' medical history, vital statistics and test results in medical records.
Licensed Vocational Nurse/Medication Aide Resume
Objective : Licensed Vocational Nurse/Medication Aide with four years of practice in long-term and acute-care geriatric settings as well as clinical practice in the hospital and mental health settings. Responsible and well-mannered LVN with excellent communication skills demonstrated by excellent rapport with patients and family members/legal representatives for four years. Licensed Vocational Nurse with excellent people skills and a dedicated work ethic who demonstrates medical procedure competency and strong clinical skills.
Skills : BLS & MAB Certified, Trained In Hospital & Fire Safety, IV Therapy Certified, Mac And PC Friendly, Fluent In Tagalog, Types 85 Wpm.
- Sound, ethical and independent decision-making ability consistent with medical protocols.
- Performed all tasks with a patient-centered focus while seeking opportunities for improvement of processes and treatments.
- Provided behavioral/emotional support and supervision for those with Dementia and Alzheimers.
- Assisted patients with multiple chronic diagnoses including COPD and Asthma.
- Performed wound care treatments on 50+ residents throughout the facility using the sterile/clean technique as well as measuring wounds and documenting.
- Recommended possible wound care treatments for residents to wound care nurse.
- Worked with peg tube patients, administrating feedings (bolus and continuous) as well as medications.
- Worked with ileostomy and colostomy patients, monitoring the amount/color/consistency of stool.
- Experienced with male/female catheterizations (indwelling, i&o) as well as monitoring the amount/color/odor/consistency of urine and emptying drainage bags.
Licensed Vocational Nurse/ Office Manager Resume
Summary : A 9-year experienced Licensed Vocational Nurse/ Office Manager who has sociable, leadership, and data skills that can persevere. Computer proficient with the electronic medical record. Solidly credentialed and diversely experienced - comprehensive background in Medical Surgical, Telemetry, Long-term Care, and Knowledge of health regulations and JCAHO standards, providing quality, patient-centered care. Looking to find a well-suited position utilizing my nursing, interpersonal and computer data skills, to work as a leader or a team member in order to provide the most efficient safety standards and healthcare quality for the patients.
Skills : Experienced With Pediatric Patients With Trachs Vent Dependent, Mickey Buttons, Straight Caths, G-tubes, Parental Nourishment, IV Medication Administration As Well As Po, Gtube, Admissions Discharges, Rehab, Post Op, Care, Acute Care, Psych Care Of Children, Young Adults, And Geriatrics, Jail Health, Home Health And Longterm Skilled Nursing
- Improved patient satisfaction ratings by creating and being a part of a team that deals with patient family issues before escalation.
- Achieved improved workflow by encouraging nurses to embrace the role of coordinator of care (resource person).
- Administered medication performs treatments and patient care responsibilities as prescribed.
- Consulted with and keeps the nurse manager informed of activities, symptoms, reactions, and changes in the patient's condition with regard to assigned patients.
- Provided appropriate pain management techniques and educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Administered medication following the five right of medication administration with the scope of practice.
- Assisted physicians with examinations, treatments and special procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Identified and addressed psychosocial, cultural, ethic and religious/ spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Interpreted data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's specific needs and provide patient care.
Licensed Vocational Nurse, Charge Nurse Resume
Objective : Licensed Vocational Nurse provides direct care utilizing school health protocols and care plans. Accurately administer medications as ordered by a physician and recognize adverse reactions. Assists the parent and RN in development of IHP. Implements and maintains IHPs which may include performing health care procedures such as suctioning, tracheostomy care, gastrostomy care and tube feedings, urinary catheterizations, respiratory treatments, and colostomy care as ordered by a physician and in accordance with LVN's educational training. Maintain daily documentation of student care. Provide basic first aid care for minor injuries and illnesses and obtain necessary assistance in cases of serious trauma and/or illness.
Skills : Microsoft Office: Word, Vital Signs, Management, Injections, Blood Draws, Medical Records, Medical Terminology, Medication Administration
- Accurately administering medications as ordered by a physician and recognize adverse reactions 3.
- Implementing and maintaining IHPs which may include performing health care procedures such as suctioning, tracheostomy care, gastrostomy care and tube feedings, urinary catheterizations, respiratory treatments, and colostomy care as ordered by a physician and in accordance with IVN's educational training.
- Riding school bus and provide care for the student when being transported if required by the IHP 6.
- Recognizing, treating, and documenting signs and symptoms of the student with critical medical needs.
- Providing basic first aid care for minor injuries and illnesses and obtaining necessary assistance in cases of serious trauma and/or illness.
- Providing basic first aid and care for minor injuries and illness according to a detailed protocol established by the school rn.
- Administering medication to students according to board policy and district procedures 3.
- Relieving and/or providing assistance to nursing personnel in special needs areas as needed.
Licensed Vocational Nurse Resume
Summary : Licensed Vocational Nurse/ Clinic Manager with 12 years of experience and great knowledge of general nursing procedures and techniques involved in the care of patients, disease processes and possible results, medical terminology, hospital routine, and equipment Tracheostomy care including suctioning and cleaning. Excellent ability to learn and operate a wide variety of hospital equipment. Profound ability to properly administer enemas, douches, irrigations, and catheterizations. Deep ability to give medications prescribed by physicians. Excellent ability to recognize critical and significant changes in patients.
Skills : Medication administration expert, Skilled in conducting physical examinations, Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, Computerized charting specialist, Enthusiastic caregiver, Wound cleaning/care expertise
- Providing direct client care including medications, and supervises nursing activities performed by professional and paraprofessional nursing personnel on the unit.
- Visually and audibly observing, documenting in writing and reports orally or in writing the physical or mental condition to the registered nurse in charge of the facility on the shift and the attending physician.
- Ordering, preparing, administering and documenting the administration of medication for clients according to physician's orders.
- Confirming the delivery of all ordered medication from the pharmacy on shift worked.
- Attending and participating in rounds, change of shift report, and treatment team meetings as scheduled on the assignment sheet.
- Making a written or oral shift assignments and planning, organizing and directing the nursing activities of the unit, assuring quality care delivery.
- Providing other nursing duties including first-aid and medical intervention within the scope of licensure.
- Reviewing medication with patients including side effects and dosage compliance.