Recreation Therapist Resume
Headline : Recreational Therapy and 3+ years of experience in the field. Extremely organized, calm, and patient professional with excellent behavior management skills.
Skills : Basic Conversational Spanish.
- Consult individuals with a wide range of disabilities, aging 5 to 75 years old who would benefit from recreation therapy to help improve their daily living.
- Worked with disabilities that include: Autism Spectrum, Asperger's, Blind, Deaf, Down Syndrome, ADHD, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Neurological Disorders, Musculoskeletal Impairments, and Cognitive Disorder, obesity.
- Spend time with a client to learn about their daily life and personal needs in order to develop a recreation plan to meet their specific needs.
- Trained everyone that was involved with the client such as parents, family members, direct support staff, school to ensure that the recreation plan was followed.
- Coordinate and attend meetings that involve the client's needs to ensure the client is receiving the most support possible.
- Worked with Medicaid and the paperwork required to be submitted.
- Responsible for scheduling own appointments, keep record or appointments, and complete my own payroll.
Recreation Therapist Resume
Summary : Seeking employment as Recreation Therapist in a well established organization where I can put my specialized skills to the best use.
Skills : Microsoft word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Provides recreational or leisure assessments as needed.
- Plans and provides recreational therapy services for individuals and/or groups which benefit their physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual well being.
- Participates with the multidisciplinary treatment teams to integrate these services and improve patient functioning Plans and leads art and recreation, therapy groups.
- Monitors physical activity level assigned to patients and maintains the safest environment possible during activity groups Monitors use of equipment and supplies Leads and co-leads additional groups as needed on assigned units as requested.
- Completes required documentation on patients which includes assessments and progress notes.
- Provides regular adjunctive therapy in accordance with presenting needs and medical orders Documents all patient contacts and therapeutic activities in the record in a timely manner Provides training and family education as needed.
- Leads activity therapy and/or community meeting.
Sr. Recreation Therapist Resume
Summary : Experienced Recreation Therapist seeks to leverage leadership and communication skills into management of small team to enhance the quality of life for seniors. Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks. Skilled in developing goals and strategies to meet objectives.
Skills : <div>Critical-thinking skills, Leadership skills, Listening skills.</div>
- Assess residents for participation in programming designed to provide therapeutic non-pharmacological interventions and to improve their overall level of functioning.
- Plan, lead and implement programming for residents of various cognitive and physical levels of functioning ranging from high-functioning to mild to moderate dementia.
- Conduct daily programs according to monthly activity schedule.
- Programs include exercise, discussions, art and music appreciation, guided imagery, current events, cognitive games, etc.
- Conduct interviews as per Section F of the MDS, enter information into computer, and attend weekly CCP meetings with members of interdisciplinary team.
- Keep daily and monthly attendance statistics of resident participation in programming, trips, and special events.
- Organize parties and special events within the nursing home for residents and family members.
- Take residents on trips into the community.
Jr. Recreation Therapist Resume
Objective : To obtain a position utilizing my expertise in customer service to get back in the work force. Worked since that time, due to personal issues with health that are finally now resolved and to help with mother's care prior to her going into an assisted living.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Conducted assessments within 30 days of a juvenile's arrival to the facility to determine their physical fitness level and develop an individual fitness plan.
- Participated as a member of the Unit Treatment Team for assigned juveniles.
- Conducted therapeutic recreation activities and groups with the juveniles assigned to my unit.
- Conducted therapeutic recreation activities campus wide on a daily basis.
- Coordinated all summer break activities for when these residents were out of school, both on campus and off campus activities and outings.
- Developed and implemented a rewards system which allowed incentives for residents who met and maintained specific criteria.
- Activities could include a movie night, late night privileges and an extra snack time.
- Developed a recreation schedule on a daily basis to ensure that policies and procedures were followed in regards to the juvenile's recreation requirements.
Recreation Therapist I Resume
Objective : To further career in a position and environment that will allow me to continue professional growth and contribute directly and immediately to employer, community, and the individuals being served.
Skills : Training Method For Autistic Individuals, Basic Supervisory Training.
- Successfully planned and coordinated approved recreational and therapeutic programs for children, adolescents, and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Organized and facilitated activities, special on/off-campus events, educational trips, leisure trips for entertainment and therapeutic purposes, as well as coached/assisted teams in athletic events.
- Provided activity therapy/therapeutic recreation to clients in individual and group settings, while monitoring clients' levels of participation in said settings.
- Promoted community awareness to the clients.
- Maintained/recorded progress and efficacy as well as entered monthly comments on assigned individual's participation in the facility's database.
- Worked closely/met with an interdisciplinary team to evaluate, monitor progression and efficacy, assess needs of, and create goals and objectives for the individuals that we served.
- Organize and supervise the coordination of community outings, and special events with dietary, nursing, transportation and building maintenance Depts.
Bachelor Of Science
Recreation Therapist II Resume
Summary : Work diligent to use the methods and skills obtained from previous work experience to complete the tasks that are required with this occupation.
Skills : Microsoft Office Word.
- Developed recreational therapy programs to improve patient's social and physical functional behaviors.
- Observed and recorded patient's daily progress Responsible for interdisciplinary caseload of 40+ registrants.
- Revised therapy programs according to changing needs of registrants.
- Assisted in admission and discharge planning activities.
- Encouraged patient's participation in recreational activities.
- Planned and coordinated special events Coordinated trips with finance and transportation Communicated therapy equipment and supplies needs to Manager.
- Attended educational trainings and in-services for professional growth.
- Document progress and activities for registrants Writes clear concise registrant care evaluation and notes as per departmental guidelines Completed quarterly, bi-annual and annual interdisciplinary care plans for caseload.
Lead Recreation Therapist Resume
Headline : Specialization in Recreation Therapy CTRS 21 years, currently managing locked down memory care unit but have worked with pediatrics, rehab, corrections, mental health- looking for a place work for a long time.
Skills : Medical Assistant, Diploma.
- Conduct psychoeducation to children with emotional disturbance including various traumas and dual diagnosis.
- Offer support to clients in developing comprehension and interpersonal skills utilizing eclectic techniques.
- Serve as member of the Facility Program Committee in charge of presenting proposals for quality improvement.
- Provide clinically based groups for children K-12 with behavioral and trauma induced psychological disorders.
- Handle purchasing, budgeting, and inventory of supplies for program services.
- Supervise staff members to guarantee clients receive support during groups.
- Innovated a Life Skills Rehabilitation program for children and teenagers.
- Lead teen support, social skills, anger management, and community transition groups.
Master Of Science
Asst. Recreation Therapist Resume
Summary : Offers excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop workable strategies. Utilizes creative techniques accompanied by compassion and a professional work ethic to develop further cognitive, emotional and social growth.
Skills : Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, Type 50 WPM, Class Officer for PRMMA. MANDT Instructor and American Heart Association CPR Instructor.
- Manage Palliative care with families and clinical staff for the resident's well-being.
- Diagnosis currently working with include; Alzheimer's, cancer and dementia.
- Include instituting daily goals and objectives evolved from initial assessments formatted into an operational care plan.
- Carry our recreation programs individualized to meet each person's leisure pursuits.
- Complete assessments, quarterly evaluations and significant changes for 65 subacute patients and 90 acute patients.
- Meet with an interdisciplinary team and patient's family when applicable once a week to discuss progress and/or change for patients on the MDS schedule.
- Work with outside venders to bring outside groups to the facility instituting art and music programs.
B.S. In Natural Sciences
Associate Recreation Therapist Resume
Summary : Recreation Therapist is responsible for the delivery of recreation therapy services. This includes conducting recreation therapy sessions, developing client plans and programs, teaching clients how to participate in their own treatment, and implementing evidence-based practices and research findings.
Skills : Social Service Designee and CNA.
- Planned field trips for residents outside facility.
- Supervised nonprofessional personnel and volunteer workers, and mentored high school students.
- Participated in the resident plan of care with other ancillary disciplines.
- Maintained documentation in accordance with regulatory agencies.
- Applied personal skills, including piano playing, when entertainment bookings fell through, to keep residents engaged and happy.
- Coordinated activities of student interns and residents to meet production and publication deadlines for newspaper.
- Directed activities of student volunteers and interns in activities and events for residents.
Associates Of Health Sciences
Certified Recreation Therapist Resume
Objective : Experience in managing site safety programs, monitoring and observing personnel, and coordinating site safety with outside contractors. Confident leader who combines persuasive communication with strong interpersonal and management skills.
Skills : Problem Solving, Time Management, Conflict Resolution, Client Service And Relations, Formidable People Skills.
- Supervision of clients during planned recreational activities.
- Assured clients received orientation into the residential program.
- Assisted clients in achieving self-help group participation.
- Implementation of recreational and industrial therapies as part of the residential program.
- Planning of special projects conducted within the program throughout the community.
- Maintained accurate and up-to-date client records.
- Maintained confidentiality standards set forth in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Improve professional competencies by in-service trainings and other educational opportunities.
Master Of Science
Recreation Therapist III Resume
Headline : Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist Group Facilitator and Therapeutic Activities Coordinator Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills. Dedicated to Teamwork, Organized, Reliable and Dependable.
Skills : Therapeutic Recreation Groups, planning, organizing, evaluation and documentation.
- Provide individual counseling to clients with sexual, violent, and mentally abused Trauma.
- Generate proposals and protocols for new programs.
- Conduct site evaluations for clients' trips in the community.
- Evaluate program to make necessary modifications to improve program services.
- Developed clinically based Life Skills Rehabilitation program for all Clients in the facility.
- Perform purchasing, budgeting, and inventory of supplies for program.
- Coordinate clinically based treatment programs for children from ages six to eighteen with behavioral and trauma induced psychological disorders.
MS In Counseling
Recreation Therapist Resume
Headline : A position in a field in which can utilize education and experience in recreation and education to achieve work related goals.
Skills : Instructor And American Heart Association CPR Instructor.
- Manage facility with a staff of eighteen individuals concerning care and treatment of clients.
- Coordinate and planned behavior training for staff in the community homes.
- Organize and help implement eight client individual care plans.
- Document clients' behavior and execute care plan.
- Attend Person Center Plan meetings concerning care of facility and clients.
- Meet with client's family members concerning behavior and kept them informed of any needs of individuals.
- Maintain fleet of vehicles for client's transportation.
BS In Management