Life Skills Instructor Resume
Objective : Conscientious and organized individual with exceptional time management ability. Personable team player with superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills : Experienced in conducting legal research and investigations.
- Responsible for teaching consumers to become as independent as possible consumers Responsible for holding medical records, family history etc.
- Started working with people, middle aged folks and some of the youngest consumers in the company, as young as 14.
- Learned to work with people who have disabilities isn't all that much work but mostly a connection.
- Once relationships are built and the people work, the challenges come easy naturally.
- Worked in the day program and vocational settings.
- Helped people with their and volunteer opportunities publicly.
- Learned to love what do after finding well with building relationships with both the consumers worked with and the company.
Associate In Science
Sr. Life Skills Instructor Resume
Summary : Seeking a challenging and rewarding work position where can utilize previous experience to use skills and learn and develop and grow.
Skills : Computer Hardware, Documentation, Filing, Fax, Negotiation, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Research, Typing, Word, Windows, Windows Xp.
- Primary responsibilities included integrating individuals with disabilities into the community to participate in work, recreational, leisure, and volunteer activities.
- Provided training and support need to the individuals in the community and at home.
- Worked with the consumers and helped them achieve their goals based on their individual preferences and abilities.
- Expert experience in medication administration, bookkeeping and symptoms, infection control, and behavioral instruction.
- Responsible for program data collection, documentation, and training instruction.
- Extremely reliable assisting in the management of a group home, tracking consumers' progress through the Individual Program Plans, and working with group home staff.
- Provide training and support needs to the individuals in the community and at home.
Life Skills Instructor III Resume
Headline : Over 4 years of experience in caring for elderly and people with disabilities of different ages. 2 years of customer service background working in sales at a retail store and a tanning environment.
Skills : Computer Savvy, Bilingual, Excellent Customer Service, Knowledge of Sales; Experienced Team Sales Member, Bilingual, Great at Troubleshooting Problems and Coming up with Solutions, Excellent at Multitasking, Overseeing People/Projects and Handling Money.
- Maintained classroom order wrote and implemented lesson plan for thinking for Change, Health, and Wellness, Communications, Anger Management.
- Evaluated students, tracked attendance and performance, reported significant information to supervisor written and verbally.
- Responsibilities consisted of arranging appointments between prospective mentors and advisors for the program, checked references.
- Helped Promote the organization, by preparing informational booths at public events such as the Oklahoma Cavalry basketball games.
- Performed light clerical duties to help maintain the organization's necessary paperwork.
- Prepared and completed a business proposal to increase sponsorship of the organization then presented it to local businesses.
- Responsible for integrating individuals with disabilities into the community to participate in work recreational, leisure, and volunteer activities.
Bachelor Of Science
Life Skills Instructor II Resume
Objective : Seeking an position with your organization in a facility that will enhance skills and experience, learned through education and hands-on work, while being offered an opportunity for professional growth.
Skills : Administration, Social Media, Creative/ Copy Writing, Microsoft Office Suite, Fluent In Spanish.
- Responsibilities for a Coach include teaching clients how to manage everyday tasks to help them gain independence and move forward in life.
- Teaching and working- on one or in small groups to help clients with unique challenges develop basic life skills, such as cooking, hygiene, and money managing skills.
- Knowing that clients have been demonstrating improvement through teachings.
- Through there appreciation and accomplishments, they know the difference have made in their life.
- This allows to feel happy and that's a major accomplishment.
- Used Planning and scheduling daily activities with the clients.
- Learned to manage time between clients and to make sure client reports are handed in within set deadlines.
- Caring and demonstrating patience with clients when teaching them a life
Bachelor's In Communications
Life Skills Instructor I Resume
Summary : To perform program managerial work in a professional atmosphere where knowledge and social service skills can work towards the benefit of any non profit or governmental agency.
Skills : Therap, PMT, ISP creation and implementation.
- Continuous support is provided to a group of women residing in a transitional facility.
- Many of the residents are overcoming trauma-related issues such as domestic violence, drug abuse, mental disorders, and homelessness.
- Assistance is given through counseling and problem-solving.
- Exercise of the good listening key while encouragement is offered to those working towards maintaining sobriety.
- Maintaining a professional boundary with clients while establishing trust through consistent care and support.
- Random alcohol and drug screens are frequently performed and oversight of medication is standard.
- Help in areas of housing, education, and employment development.
- Responsible for planning varied activities to add to the services outlined by the program.
Bachelors Of Fine Arts
Life Skills Instructor/Coordinator Resume
Headline : To provide intensive case management services whereby can utilize Spanish speaking, analytical, persuasive, independent, yet team oriented and collaborative communication skills.
Skills : Case Management, Crisis Intervention, Mental Health Services, Group Facilitation With Dually Diagnosed Severely Mentally Ill, Teaching/Mentoring, Accurate Documentation.
- Maximized the academic, vocational, social, and recreational activity of five developmentally disabled adults, helping them avoid hospitalization.
- Effectively delivered social training to participants, enabling them to better adapt to their community.
- Advocated for clients, enrolled, accompanied to, and supported them in college classes, ensuring greater success in the learning process.
- Instructed and modeled professional workforce behavior including; communication, teamwork, punctuality, professional attire, and grooming.
- Documented progress using standard case reporting techniques.
- Increased appropriate client participation in academic, vocational, social, and recreational activity.
- Decreased frequency of stealing behavior in one client.
- Increased ability of students to enroll and complete college coursework.
MA In Psychology
Jr. Life Skills Instructor Resume
Summary : To obtain a position in the Medical field where extensive experience will be further developed and utilized.
Skills : CPR, CPI, First-aid, AED Adult, CNA Certificate, Passed Competency Exam.
- Full-time responsibility to plan, direct, organize, conduct and evaluate events and planned Lifestyle services to promote rich living experiences.
- Develop and publish activities calendar and newsletter.
- Conduct all planned activities Encourage resident participation to develop and maintain residents' fullest potential through planned activities.
- Interview new and existing clients to find their interests.
- Document and develop programs that appeal to all clients.
- Develop and maintain an arts and crafts department.
- Cultivate leisure time activities such as games, puzzles, movies, etc.
- Educate residents through classes or guest speakers in such subjects as travel, health, current events, and other self-help topics.
Life Skills Instructor/Advisor Resume
Objective : Experienced in multi-line telephone, transferring calls, inbound and outbound calling, scheduling meetings, ability to coordinate activities, logistic trainings, prepare purchase orders, payroll timesheets and travel requests.
Skills : Delivery Driver for Home Depot.
- Worked directly with clients who had severe and persistent mental illnesses, to include personal hygiene, meal preparation, housekeeping, and socialization.
- Medication certified to assist clients with their medication management.
- Documented interactions and activities in their charts and written summaries on assigned clients.
- Entered documentation and billing information into the computer system using 10-key data entry.
- Answered incoming calls and entered information into computers, transferred calls to appropriate people.
- Answered calls on 24-hour crisis line at night.
- Inventoried supplies and placed bulk food orders for the facility.
Life skills Instructor/Consultant Resume
Objective : Committed and motivated Administrative Assistant with exceptional customer-relation and decision-making skills. Strong work ethic, professional demeanor and great initiative. Energetic and reliable office manager skilled with working with a diverse group of people.
Skills : Work good with others, very friendly.
- Organized activities that developed consumer's physical, emotional and social growth.
- Physically and verbally interacted with consumers throughout the day.
- Carefully monitored consumer's play activities.
- Offered detailed daily reports that outlined activities.
- Maintained daily records of activities, behaviors, meals, and naps.
- Carefully identified warning signs of emotional and developmental problems in consumers Offered a stimulating curriculum that accommodated all learning styles.
- Mailed parents quarterly educational assessments to show progression.
- Worked closely with the site director, family care workers, classroom teaching team, and other specialists.
Associate Life Skills Instructor Resume
Summary : To be an active employee who contributes to the mission, vision, and values of the company, and to interact, on a professional level with other employees. To give excellent performance, and to translate my experience, knowledge, skills and abilities into value for the organization.
Skills : Communication, Leadership Development, Teaching, Curriculum Development, Communication, Community Relations, Researching, Microsoft.
- Instructed Adult students through the stages of self-discovery and behavior identification.
- Instructed clients in self-awareness skills which included personal rights, strengths, and weakness.
- Taught clients money management, hygiene, and communication skills.
- Maintained consistent record of clients' behavior and progress with goals.
- Helping and teaching adult clients to reach their goals also implementing new goals that would enhance their daily lives.
- Used Conducted singalong,s with playing the keyboard daily.
- Played for memorial services for deceased clients when asked.
Life Skills Instructor/Supervisor Resume
Headline : Seeking a dynamic position assisting individuals with disabilities, or the administration field with an organization offering long-term career and advancement opportunities.
Skills : Google Docs, Website Design, Budgeting, Customer Service, Inventory, Logistics, Training, Windows.
- Provided daily assistance and support to adults with disabilities.
- Distribution of prescribed medications to clients.
- Provided written reports of client's progress and daily activities.
- Assistance with chores, healthy cooking, personal hygiene, and daily exercise.
- Assumed ownership of responsibilities to increase maximum efficiency, and take the time necessary to get the job done.
- Meet tight deadlines and cope with changing work demands.
- Communicate clearly and professionally verbally and written.
- Reacted quickly while demonstrating good problem-solving and decision-making.
Bachelor Of Science
Life Skills Instructor Resume
Objective : Life skills instructor who excels in fast-paced environments. Extensive experience in customer service, merchandising, POS systems and cash handling.
Skills : Epic and Orca User Excellent customer service, communication.
- Created strategies to meet the needs of mentally and physically disabled students.
- Taught reading, language arts and social sciences in a self-contained ED and LD classroom.
- Instructed students in academic areas and reading groups.
- Implemented and taught a life skills program.
- Redirected students using Positive Behavior Support (PBS).
- Led activities that developed students' physical, emotional and social growth.
- Redirected poor behavior using the positive reinforcement method.
- Organized instruction material, including constructing bulletin boards and setting up work areas.
Associate Of Science