Animal Control Officer Resume
Objective : Investigated animal cruelty and neglect charges and performed related duties to promote compliance with laws regulating animal treatment. Observed areas of alleged violations and interviewed available witnesses to determine if laws are being violated. Informed persons perpetrating inhumane acts of laws and penalties for violations. Reported violators to police or requested police to arrest violators.
Skills : Pallet Jack, Forklift Operator.
- Investigate reports of animal attacks or animal cruelty, interviewing witnesses, collecting evidence, and writing reports.
- Capture and remove stray, uncontrolled, or abused animals from undesirable conditions, using nets, nooses, or tranquilizer darts as necessary.
- Remove captured animals from animal-control service vehicles and place animals in shelter cages or other enclosures.
- Supply animals with food, water, and personal care.
- Clean facilities and equipment such as dog pens and animal control trucks.
- Contact animal owners to inform them that their pets are at animal holding facilities.
- Issue warnings or citations in connection with animal-related offenses, or contact police to report violations and request arrests.
- Organize the adoption of unclaimed animals.
High School Diploma
Deputy Animal Control Officer Resume
Summary : Heavy phone lines, setting appointment, customer care, accounting, cash money handling, animal control duties such as, bite case investigations, cruelty investigation, issuing citations, enforcing city and state laws.
Skills : Typing, Filing, Inventory Management, Record Keeping.
- Enforce State laws and local municipal animal ordinances regulating the keeping, control and protection of animals within the city.
- Patrolling assigned areas in an animal control vehicle to monitor any violations, animals in distress and citizens' complaints.
- Investigated and completed documentation relating to animal bites, possible rabies exposure, possible animal cruelties, barking dog complaints, and potentially dangerous and vicious dog complaints.
- Educated animal owners and other public members on humane care, rabies prevention, and presents animal control and shelter information to promote responsible pet ownership at schools, public festivals and in other community settings.
- Picked up or trapped stray or unwanted animals that may be uncooperative, vicious or injured and transport them to the animal shelter or dispatch them if necessary.
- Assisted law enforcement during an eviction when animals were involved or assistance when a search and seizure was required involving animals.
- Participated in animal rescue efforts during disaster situations.
- Assists in the recovery efforts during animal disaster situations or emergency situations.
Animal Control Officer II Resume
Objective : Aided animals in distress by feeding starving animals and freeing trapped animals. Removed animals from inhumane conditions and drives vehicle to transport animals to shelter for treatment and care. Inspected establishments housing or exhibiting animals to ascertain compliance with humane laws.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Medicaid, Typing 65 WPM, Data Entry, Customer Service, Documentation, Supervisory Skills.
- Educated the public on responsibility of pet ownership, animal care techniques and pet adoption.
- Resolved issues happening in the community.
- Assessed situations on a case by case basis Processed date and paperwork for court hearing Obtained evidentiary information to appear in court to testify as expert witness Assisted with and Processed cases with law enforcement regarding animal abuse, animal attacks Patrolled the county for stray, injured, and/or sick animals.
- Supervisory Skills 3 to 5 offices Documented for case reports and summaries Conducted investigations by interviewing witnesses, questioning owners, recording statements and photographing animals and their environment.
- Impounded animals in violation of county ordinances and issues citations for violations of animal control laws and subpoenas for court appearance Completed and/or processed a variety of forms, logs, reports and other required documents.
- Arranged quarantines with owners of animals for rabies observations.
- Examined animals for signs of illness and treats them accordingly.
Animal Control Officer Resume
Summary : Enforced animal control codes and ordinances, protect human life and property, and to assist with care of animals housed in the Richmond Consolidated Government animal shelter. Patrols Consolidated Government to locate and pick up stray animals and to observe and investigate animal control violations:
Skills : Animal Management and Control, Customer Service.
- Enforces County and State animal regulations including, but not limited to, cruelty to animals, dangerous/vicious animals, and animal bites, including dogs, cats, livestock and fowl.
- Patrols assigned County areas, contains and picks-up stray, sick/injured, feral, and/or unwanted and captured domestic animals, transporting them to appropriate destination.
- Serves and responds to court and Animal Control Board summonses as necessary, and represents County at court and Animal Control Board hearings.
- Maintains required telecommunications contact.
- Sets traps to capture evasive domestic animals.
- Issues warnings/citations to animal owners found in violation of animal regulations.
- Prepares and maintains necessary reports and records.
- Responds to and investigates complaints from citizens concerning domestic animals.
Animal Control Officer I Resume
Objective : Strong work ethic in the positions I have held have led to great success for the companies I have worked for. In my personal life, I am extremely captivated by the nature of animals, how they act, how they play, and how the learn.
Skills : Animal Cruelty Investigation, Phlebotomy.
- Responsible for the daily management of all in-shelter duties.
- Coordinating the intake and outcome of dozens of animals each month.
- Daily supervision of volunteers in the shelter and management of the foster volunteer program.
- Enforcement of applicable city municipal codes and regulations.
- Daily contact with members of the public, requiring a high level of customer service is often very emotional circumstances.
- Successfully maintained a high level of service to members of the public while caring for the needs of hundreds of in-shelter animals.
- Implemented several programs to integrate the huge volunteer workforce with the daily needs of the shelter.
Bachelor's In Geography
Sr. Animal Control Officer Resume
Summary : Responded to animal related complaints: responded to and investigates animal bites, potential animal cruelty and abuse, animals in distress, stray and nuisance animals, barking dogs, wild and dangerous animals, sick and injured animals, animal behavior problems, or animal control laws; provided information and assistance.
Skills : Phlebotomy.
- Humanely handle, capture, restrain, confine and transport domestic animals using proper humane equipment, methods and techniques.
- Investigate and enforce animal cruelty laws and all activities associated therewith.
- Investigate and enforce Vicious Dog incidents and all activities associated there with.
- Impound animals under the authority of California state law and local animal control municipal codes.
- Comprehend and enforce regulations governing licensing, rabies abatement and prevention.
- Issue citations, prepare and execute search warrants and arrest warrants, prepare cases for filing criminal charges with City Attorney/District Attorney.
- Analyze situations and apply established procedures and good judgment to enforce animal control laws.
Certificate In PC
Animal Control Officer/Supervisor Resume
Headline : Interested in joining this company . A team player and also work well on my own. An outgoing and an enthusiastic person but also professional. Always looking to excel and push myself to achieve better.
Skills : Welding, Automotive machine.
- Educated the public about diseases that can be spread from animals to humans.
- Educated community in responsible pet ownership and local ordinances and state laws.
- Responded to calls and investigated reports on animal cruelty and assisted the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office when necessary.
- Restrained animals and assisted veterinarian with procedures as needed.
- Issued citations and collected evidence to be used in court.
- Trained new employees to become field officers and assisted office staff, and filled in as dispatcher when needed.
- Maintained hundreds of files pertaining to animal complaints.
- Received the Good Trouper Award from the Mayor of Jacksonville.
Animal Control Officer Resume
Objective : Responsible for carrying out tasks required to enforce animal and rabies control and licensing regulations. Patroled city areas to pick up stray or trapped animals, unrestrained animals, reptiles, unlicensed dogs and dead animals.
Skills : Animal Care And Control, Retail Sales, Veterinary Assistant.
- Answer citizen complaints in regard to nuisance or stray animals as well as vicious and aggressive animals.
- Preparations of reports and investigations in regard to animal cruelty and animal bites.
- Issue civil citations and seize animals from abusive and/or neglectful situations.
- Maintain records and items if evidentiary matter.
- Maintain equipment and animal housing areas in a clean and orderly manner, disinfect and clean animal areas.
- Search out and locate training in order to keep abreast of changing laws and techniques.
- Handle all types of animals including aggressive and feral animals, as well as wildlife.
Diploma In Academic
Animal Control Officer Resume
Summary : To obtain a full-time position with a growing company where I am able to utilize my factory and computer skills on a full-time basis. I am very detail oriented and quick at learning systems with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills : Basic knowledge of PC and computer software. Motivated self-starter with a strong desire to learn. Flexible. reliable and dependable hard-worker.
- Responded to citizen complaints of alleged violations of county and state laws, in a timely, professional manner, in accordance with departmental operating procedures, while working independently as well as part of a team.
- Maintained accurate daily records, weekly and monthly reports, as well as databases related to work activity.
- Worked closely with the magistrate, County Attorney, and Commonwealth Attorney regarding criminal and cruelty cases.
- Successfully collected and preserved all necessary evidence, interviewed witnesses/victims, and prepared cases for court; Have thorough knowledge of animal behavior, anatomy, and physiology as well as the ability to control and have proper, humane handling of domestic and wild animals.
- Handled animals on a daily basis, consisting of feeding, assessing medical, behavioral, and mental well-being.
- Administered medications or treatments, examined animals to detect illness, disease or injury, monitored animal care, performed animal euthanasia, used animal disease control techniques in shelter and out of shelter environment.
- Informed, educated, and updated media during emergency situations; as well as educating owners and the public on various animal issues in written and oral form as well as public speaking.
Animal Control Officer Associate Resume
Summary : Responsible and dependable employee with a variety of experience. I am a hard worker as well as a quick learner. I take pride in a job well done.
Skills : Animal Care.
- Responded to calls made to the animal shelter.
- Responded to calls from the dispatch office that were related to animals.
- Trapped domestic animals that could not be caught through other means.
- Completed paper work when animals came into the shelter.
- Completed paper work in reference to adopting animals from the shelter.
- Educated the public on laws concerning animals.
- Worked with animal bite victims and investigated chance of rabies.
Lead Animal Control Officer Resume
Summary : Strong interest to further my knowledge and skills in a hospital or clinical setting. I have the discipline that is needed in the job force today to communicate an complete the goals needed to meet or exceed objectives required by the organization.
Skills : Animal care and control, Retail Sales, Veterinary assistant.
- Handling a wide variety of duties involving animals to include rescuing, trapping, seizing, transporting and impounding animals.
- Check vaccination records and issue quarantines as necessary for dangerous animals.
- Issue warnings and court summons for violations, assists in prosecuting, and make court appearances.
- Respond to and patrol problem areas in the community.
- Work with the community to educate and promote proper health care for animals.
- Investigate complaints concerning unlicensed, stray, and uncontrolled animals.
- Snare animals using net, rope or other devices, placing animal in cage of vehicle then using appropriate means to move animal from the cage to the shelter.
- Tag, vaccinate and feed all animals that have been seized.
Animal Control Officer Resume
Objective : Provided public safety services to the Community with regards to State and local laws and ordinances. Patroled designated areas, using department vehicles. Apprehended stray and unwanted animals. Coordinated with the County Health Department to investigate incidents of animal bites and human rabies exposure. Conducted a rabies verification program to ensure animals are vaccinated according to State law.
Skills : Certified Artificial Insemination Specialist.
- Enforced City and State animal regulations including, but not limited to, cruelty to animals, dangerous/vicious animals, and animal bites, including dogs, cats, livestock and fowl.
- Patrolled the city and impounded stray, sick/injured, feral, and/or unwanted and captured domestic animals, transported them to appropriate destination.
- Performed emergency animal rescue service's emergency night call service, and animal first aid when required.
- Served and responded to court and Animal Control Board summonses as necessary, and represent the city in court and Animal Control Board hearings.
- Maintained required telecommunications contact.
- Set humane traps to capture evasive domestic animals.
- Educated the public on proper animal care, wildlife problems, and animal control regulations.
- Issued warnings/citations to animal owners found in violation of animal regulations.
BS In Animal Science