Objective : Worked as a nurse's aide fresh out of highschool for around 10 years before going to nursing school. Worked numerous different places with lots of experience.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Assessed patients in active withdrawal and provided interventions to manage physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms.
- Tested glucose and administered injections.
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight and height.
- Cleaned and sterilized instruments and disposed of contaminated supplies.
- Prepared for HIPAA and JCAHO reviews, ensuring required brochures and pamphlets were available to patients in all clinics.
- Coordinated with doctors and registered nurses to develop care plans for patients.
- Often commended for maintaining the safety, respect and dignity of residents.
- Partnered with team of Registered Nurses to ensure over all well-being of all patients.
- Worked as part of team to ensure proper care of body mechanics and safety of patient.
Sr. LVN Resume
Summary : Energetic professional with 30 years experience in medical/ Surgical/ hospice/telemetry/geriatrics/nursing home/ private duty/ doctors office. Thrive on challenge, work hard and passionately. highly adaptive, flexible style, bright, articulate, and expressive, with a timely sense of humor, proven ability to work well under pressure.
Skills : Vent. training and competency, G-tube training and competency, Ostomy training and competency.
- Provides direct patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and docucumenting individual patient needs.
- Administers medications orally, topically, IM, IV and pump.
- Performs.Venipunctures and IV therapy.
- Provides full range of nursing care, collected patient data, both objective and subjective.
- Prepares progress notes.
- Administers medication orally, topically, by pump, and catheter tube.
- Instructs family/ patient in safety issues, infection control, disease and pain management, nutrition and general wellness.
Jr. LVN Resume
Objective : Seeking a position as a Registered Nurse where can use knowledge and training to benefit employer and be of service to others.
Skills : Account Receivables/payables, Management.
- Gathered accurate physical, mental and preventative healthcare info from patients.
- Administered medications through various routes.
- Did patient/family education.
- Scheduled follow-up visits with provider or other healthcare members.
- Created/followed up T-Cons for medication refills, reviewed/documented lab/radiology results, and any other issues pertinent to patient care.
- Assisted with various exams/procedures including endometrial biopsies,male exams, suturing, suture removal.
- Recorded vital signs and alert providers with abnormal results.
- Started/maintained IV's.
- Communicated with various other healthcare members such as radiology, laboratory, behavioral health, women's health as well as with healthcare members at other facilities such as SAMMC/WHMC.
LVN I Resume
Objective : To provide ethical guidance and position expertise in the medical and management profession. Experienced service as trusted resource to physicians, patients and hospitals. Strong knowledge in medical terminology and customer service and willing to contribute skills and expertise where needed.
Skills : Management, Patient care.
- Cared for the people who are sick or injured and gather health history on how they are currently feeling.
- Measured and recorded patients' vital signs such blood pressure, temperature and monitoring pulse rates.
- Helped patients with medications that the doctor prescribed; which may include oral medication, administering injections and immunizations.
- Instructed on how to use topical medications (such as creams and lotions), suppositories, bandaging wounds, changing dressings, and educating patient about wound care.
- Scheduled routine laboratory tests, radiological test or procedures and arranging appointments for patients.
- Collected samples such as blood, stool, urine and sputum from patients, and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
- Helped physician with minor procedures in office.
- Prepared patients for examinations, tests and treatments and explain procedures.
LVN II Resume
Headline : To obtain a position that will assist to expand nursing practice and to work to the best of abilities towards excellent patient care.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Emr, 10-Key, Phones, Fax/Copier, Scanner.
- Fully credentialed LVN with experience providing compassionate care in health care settings.
- Monitored vital signs, administered IM, SQ, and IV medications.
- Provided patient and family education.
- Obtained prior authorization from insurance companies for medications and procedures.
- Coordinated medication management for dialysis patients.
- Experienced in ICD coding/compliance.
- Conducted telephone triage and addressed patient concerns with physicians in a timely and efficient manner.
LVN III Resume
Summary : To obtain a full-time position as a Licensed Vocational Nurse requiring a dedicated healthcare professional with hands-on clinical experience, excellent patient relations skills, and a reputation as a valued team player.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Visits patients at their home or at Assisted Living Facilities Take vital signs from the patient and interpret the findings to the patient, patient's family, and PCP.
- Assists with setting up med minders and checking that the patient has been taking medications regularly and as prescribed by MD.
- Draws blood for lab work and taking urine for labs order by MD.
- Liaise between patient, patient's family, and MD.
- Set up radiology tests for patients.
- Administer medications per MD ordered directions, check finger stick blood sugar and administer Insulin per MD orders.
- Utilizes strong assessment skills to determine necessary patient care.
- Ensures safety and well-being of patients.
Asst. LVN Resume
Objective : Accomplished and energetic LVN, with 2 years experience, has a passion for nursing and strives for patient success. Excellent nursing skills and people skills. Motivated individual with high goals and a deep respect for nursing. Handles tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
Skills : Management, MS Office.
- Administers medications when ordered by Dr for HTN and getting BP readings to check patients progress.
- Observes patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Provides basic patient care or treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, or performing catheterization (In and Outs, Leg bags) Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration.
- Answers patient calls and document concerns or complaints while routing to the Dr for approved response.
- Refills medications within facility approved protocol and in scope of practice.
- Schedules patients for CA T scans, MRIs, X-rays, and US when approved and requested by Dr.
- Answers patient E-mails within scope of practice and routing the ones that need further approval to the Dr caring for patient.
Associate LVN Resume
Headline : Experienced LVN with strong clinical and people skills, with 20+ years of experience in clinical settings providing nursing care to diverse populations. Very responsible with excellent communication skills demonstrated by number years of experience in healthcare. Enthusiastic with excellent people skills and dedicated work ethic. Demonstrated medical procedure competency.
Skills : Clinical and administrative, Management.
- Assisted with patient care, Teaching and wound care.
- Assessed need for, ordered, obtained and interpreted appropriate lab tests.
- Responsible for Chronic patient care in ER unit, adeptly handling all aspects of treatment from medication to wound care.
- Responsible for Primary care, assessment and evaluation of neonatal and pediatric patients.
- Counseled and educated patients about reproductive health issues and wellness.
- Expertised in STDs, HIV and family planning.
- Responsible for Pharmacological and non-pharmacological management and treatment of various disorders and diseases.
Lead LVN Resume
Summary : LVN in the Correctional Health Department. LVN position offered but would appreciate opportunities leading towards career development.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Patient care.
- Provides routine vocational nursing work.
- Works involves providing for the care, treatment, and general welfare of patients.
- Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Works under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, and performs Nursing duties within the assigned areas and assigned shift.
- Performs basic and complex nursing tasks to fulfill the health needs of the individuals, keeps informed of and follows all agency, facility and unit policies and procedures.
- Administers medications and treatments orally, rectally, internally, or by injection.
- Performs technical Nursing procedures after a demonstration for competency.
- Documents and reports pertinent observations.
Objective : To become a member of a reputable multidisciplinary healthcare team that provides the opportunity for professional advancement.
Skills : Team work, effective communication and time management.
- Recorded patients' medical history, vital statistics and test results in medical records.
- Administered treadmill stress tests and ran nerve conduction tests in cardiac unit.
- Delivered high-quality and compassionate treatment to indigent and low-income patient community.
- Developed and maintained quality care systems and standards, including but not limited to, creating and improving medical protocols/guidelines.
- Sound, ethical and independent decision-making ability consistent with medical protocols.
- Disciplined, energetic employee who quickly establishes rapport with patients and colleagues.
- Assisted patients with healing and recovery after surgery.
- Treated patients with strokes.