Mathematics Instructor Resume
Headline : To join a company that allows for career growth and the use of problem solving abilities while utilizing a passion for learning new skills.
Skills : Project Management, Highly Refined Presentation , Critical Thinking.
- Creatively teaches multiple levels of developmental math to college students ranging in age from 17-70.
- Empowers math-challenged adults with the skills they need to continue on their desired educational path, and subsequent job placement.
- Attends and leads various workshops and seminars on current issues in Developmental Education.
- Maintains and tracks assessment data to help guide and fellow instructors where weaknesses & strengths lie.
- Attends weekly meetings on how best to serve our students and improve our delivery of mathematics.
- Maintains a daily office hour to tutor and assist students with questions and concerns.
- Advises students with registration for each semester.
- Maintains patience and positivity, despite people and the forces that be trying their best to shake me up!
Sr. Mathematics Instructor Resume
Summary : Eager to bring middle/high school students into the twenty-first century using a unique combination of education experience coupled with ten years' technology background. Hold Masters of Arts in Teaching 5-9 Science and 5-12 Mathematics and Bachelors Degree in University Studies. Experienced in use of the Internet and educational software.
Skills : Metal Fabricating, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor.
- Responsible for increased Algebra I and Algebra II scores - TVAAS DATA (Yr.
- Supports the building Administrators in the vision, goals, and benchmarks established for the school's success.
- Ensures that effective relationships and communications are developed and maintained with all stakeholders including parents.
- Ensures that teaching and learning meets the needs of learners impacting significantly upon student attainment and achievement.
- Prepares for the Accreditation process for the Academy of Alternative Energy, Sustainability, and Logistics - Interview held by the National Standards of Practice (NSOP) of the National Career Academy Coalition (NCAC).
- Engages in on-going professional development to enhance professional skills and knowledge in order to model effective instructional best practices and assessment strategies.
- Advises Administration and teachers on developing and improving the Mathematics curriculum while ensuring appropriate materials, technology, techniques, and instructions are utilized.
- Responsible for teaching a rigorous Mathematics curriculum developed by the University of Cambridge to prepare students for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) or Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE).
- Co-teaches ed with Exceptional Educators to provide additional support to students with Individualized Educational Plans.
Jr. Mathematics Instructor Resume
Objective : Gained a solid foundation in software engineering, statistical analysis, and machine learning. Worked as an intern at two tech companies in the past, which has given the opportunity to contribute in very different environments.
Skills : Software Development, Programming.
- Created standard-based and common core lesson plans using curriculum mapping, state standards, and standardized data.
- Utilized various manipulative and technology to enhance skills in the classroom.
- Utilized graphic organizers and structure note-taking (3-column notes and Cornell notes) tools to introduce and review skill and vocabulary.
- Engaged students in think-aloud to guide students through problem-solving and critical thinking questions.
- Used P.B.I.S strategies to promote positive behavior and a sense of community in the classroom and school.
- Worked with students on ways to solve disciplinary issues including academic and nonacademic.
- Used data to increase rigor for all students, Tier I, II, and III.
- Designed and implemented RTI plans for Tier II and Tier III students that focused on their areas of need.
- Designed and utilized progress monitoring tools to assist student's with monitoring their own classroom progress and standardized progress (Common Core assessments, Learning First Assessment, Scantron, and NWEA).
Mathematics Instructor I Resume
Objective : An Educational Specialist and Management Consultant/Trainer with over 20 years of experience. Expertise lies in the administration, management, supervision and implementation of actions, policies or regulations as well as innovative interdisciplinary systems.
Skills : MS Office, Organizing.
- Provided instruction for students that enable them to learn and achieve to the maximum of their abilities.
- Exhibited professionalism in all job related situations.
- Followed professional ethics in all work related activities.
- Communicated responsibly with all individuals, parents and groups.
- Assumed a fair share of outside-the-classroom school responsibilities.
- Adhered to local school procedures and regulations in a supportive manner.
- Demonstrated loyalty to the school and its leadership.
- Avoided behaviors which detracted from staff morale.
- Worked cooperatively with colleagues and the community.
Mathematics Instructor II Resume
Headline : Finance and Accounting professional with well-rounded experience in Tax Preparation, Auditing, General Accounting as well as Financial Management Services. Masters in Management and MBA in Finance and Accounting. Written and passed all the requisite Uniform CPA Exams for the conferment of the CPA license in the State of Texas.
Skills : Classroom teaching, tutoring, mathematics, Microsoft Office.
- Successfully designed and implemented New Mathematics Curriculum Program for the YAEHS early within a given timeline to complete.
- Instructed sections of Integrated Algebra, Integrated Geometry, Problem Solving courses, Business Math, Statistics, and Advanced Algebra.
- Successfully learned and instructed fellow faculty members how to use multiple types of technologies and multimedia devices.
- Utilized multiple classroom management techniques to ensure classroom safety and maximize on-task behavior to ensure student success and to give a better quality learning environment for all learners.
- Utilized multiple mathematical manipulatives and engaging mathematical learning centers to reach all levels and types of learners.
- Mentored and advised a small group of students throughout academic year based on their social and academic needs as well as their future plans for college.
- Developed positive atmosphere with students within the classroom and with other fellow staff members.
- Kept current by accessing online learning for continual professional growth.
Mathematics Instructor III Resume
Summary : Educator with 34 years experience looking to use communication and organizational skills in a new career. Teaches one or more subjects including, but not limited to reading, mathematics, and language arts.
Skills : Microsoft, Facilitation Of Learning.
- Develops lessons and classroom based assessments in compliance with the state standards to monitor and provide appropriate learning materials to improve student success.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of student progress and standards based assessments.
- Provides and participates in professional development opportunities with in the building in the district.
- Actively participates in K-7 Mathematics Assessment Committee.
- Actively leads and participates in committee meetings within the building, collaboration with team members, supportive staff and special education to enhance instructional practices and comply with IDEA for students with special needs.
- Provides students with special needs with appropriate learning materials and differentiated instruction with in the regular classroom.
- Communicates regularly with parents, teachers and administration regarding student's academic and behavior progress in the school setting.
- Actively participates in professional development provided by the district to improve instructional research based practices in the classroom.
Asst. Mathematics Instructor Resume
Objective : To obtain a challenging position that allows to utilize current skills and assist in advancing a business that offers a stable employment opportunity. To learn new skills, business, and technological advancements.
Skills : Management, teaching.
- Planned and carried out study programs appropriate to individual needs.
- Created classroom environment conducive to learning and discipline.
- Created engaging lessons that develop student critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Diagnosed individual learning abilities of students pertaining to mathematical concepts and reporting to authorities.
- Planned and supervised purposeful assignments.
- Planned and executed student assessments on a monthly basis.
- Created class curriculum and syllabus that is appropriate for grade or class being taught.
- Conducted classroom and lab activities according to program requirements.
- Ensured students are assisted in developing personally and professionally.
Associate Mathematics Instructor Resume
Headline : Facilitates the teaching of courses including Adult Basic Education, English Language Development, Special Education, and basic subjects required to pass the GED or equivalent examination.
Skills : Microsoft, Facilitation Of Learning.
- Provides classroom instruction in the areas of basic education subjects including career planning, social adjustment, and general life skills information.
- May instructs conversational English, and ideas and customs in English to students with limited English proficiency.
- Maintains records including testing, daily inmate/detainee work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Evaluates and maintains inmate/detainee academic progress.
- Provides individual tutoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Evaluates curriculum and organized it to suit our specific cohort of students.
Lead Mathematics Instructor Resume
Summary : Provides an academically rich, multicultural learning environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world.
Skills : MS Office, Management.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity-minded teaching and eliminating demographic predictability of educational outcomes.
- Commitment to instructional practices that empower students who are typically underrepresented in STEM fields.
- Ability to prepared for and teach all mathematics and statistics courses offered by the department in a way that conveys enthusiasm for the subject and fosters excitement and curiosity inside and outside the classroom.
- Used a variety of instructional methods that emphasizes cooperation and collaboration among students and engages students in their own learning.
- Incorporated materials and activities that reflect the relevance of mathematics and statistics to students’ lives.
- Collaborated effectively with colleagues to enhance instruction, curriculum, and student success.
- Continual professional growth relevant to community college teaching.
- Experienced working with community college students and/or similar populations.
- Incorporated appropriate technology in the teaching and learning process.
- Actively participated in departmental, division, and college initiatives.
Mathematics Instructor Resume
Headline : Experienced Adjunct Professor practiced at teaching classes aimed at students concentrating in General Education (Mathematics and English) and Business Administration. Personable, creative professional with expertise in helping students of various backgrounds develop their skills to persevere through educational and professional challenges.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Responsible for all aspects of multiple sections of 11 different math courses including developmental math, calculus, and statistics.
- Created lectures, slides, worksheets, homework assignments, review materials, and exams.
- Organized student meetings and events as Math Club Advisor.
- Served on Math Contest and Math Scholarship committees.
- Supervised paid student tutors in some classes.
- Volunteered as state- level judge for MathCounts contest and as tutor for Adult Basic Education classes in Blaine, MN.
- Selected achievements include: Average student evaluation rating of 3.8/4.0.
- Created YouTube videos to help students review material.