High School Counselor Resume
Summary : Common duties include disseminating of scholarship information, supplying school-to-career guidance, interpreting standardized test scores.
Skills : Counseling, Communication Skills.
- Worked with students, teachers, administrators, parents, and community members.
- Accomplished other accomplishments although this was the most important one.
- Created Students Class Schedules Developed 504 Plans/ LEA IEP meetings Counseled Students in Crisis Situations.
- Responsible for ensuring that each student scheduled and passed coursework selected by the state by monitoring transcripts and coordinating tests.
- Provided personal counseling as requested, recommended colleges.
- Planned and developed a program and curriculum relative to students' needs.
- Supported the students in identifying, planning, and attaining individual goals; consistent with their aptitudes, needs abilities, and interests.
High School Counselor III Resume
Summary : Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as passion for helping young people will be an asset to the people and school serve.
Skills : Communication Skills, Team Building.
- Counseled individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems.
- Maintained accurate and completed student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Evaluated students' or individuals' abilities, interests, and personality characteristics using tests, records, interviews, or professional sources.
- Attended meetings, educational conferences, and training workshops and serve on committees.
- Presented self-help or information sessions on subjects related to education and career planning.
- Referred students to degree programs based on interests, aptitudes, or educational assessments.
- Established and supervised peer counseling and peer tutoring programs.
Master Of Science
High School Counselor I Resume
Objective : To secure an adjunct college-level teaching position in education and/or counseling topics, Counseling Theories, Developmental Psychology of Adolescence, Social Psychology.
Skills : College Counseling, Academic Counseling, Grief Counseling.
- Instructed classes regarding large group guidance activities and registration.
- Administrated tests and Interpreting test data for competency.
- Conducted classroom and individual observations for purposes of behavioral and academic intervention.
- Communicated with teachers, school psychologists, other counselors, administrators, parents, outside agencies.
- Organized and supervised peer mediation class/program.
- Organized informational meetings for parents and students regarding financial aid, graduation requirements, and registration.
- Provided guidance and counseling services to grades.
High School Counselor II Resume
Headline : Utilizing grass roots strategies for working with families and young children, have come to recognize Early Childhood Education with public health lenses.
Skills : Problem Solving Skills, Management.
- Promulgated results to teachers, students, and parents.
- Screened special education students and developed Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students.
- Secured special testing (LD, Reading Proficiency, Psychological) with the Public School System.
- Assisted teachers with ESL (English as Second Language) subject lesson plans.
- Provided lessons on social applications within time and space for middle school students.
- Developed ESL (English as Second Language) lesson plans for middle school students.
- Implemented guidance office management.
Certificate Of Completion
High School Counselor I Resume
Objective : Flexible and innovative while applying excellent customer service, organizational, communication and advising skills to further advance the quality of service, level of student achievement.
Skills : Bilingual Spanish, Decision Making Skills.
- Facilitated transition activities for incoming freshmen.
- Monitored the academic progress of said students of high school.
- Provided academic, career, and social guidance.
- Helped hundreds of freshmen students make the transition to high school success.
- Provided crisis intervention on many occasions to students in crisis such as cutting and suicide attempts or threats.
- Helped and encouraged hundreds of students to stay in school, get academic help, and search for careers and higher Ed institutions.
- Provided support groups for common situations especially in the personal and educational areas.
Jr. High School Counselor Resume
Objective : Increase achievement for all students and close the achievement gap through differentiated instruction. Build staff capacity to perform at a high level.
Skills : Interpersonal Skills, Management.
- Individually counseled and advised students academically, socially and emotionally.
- Met with groups of students to discuss fall/spring schedule, PSAT, ACT, ASVAB testing.
- Participated in the Department of Family Services meetings, multidisciplinary team meetings and worked with at-risk students.
- Attended and participated in various counseling conferences and workshops.
- Communicated regularly with students, parents, and faculty in person, via online communication, newsletters, and mailings.
- Implemented transition plans for students with special needs.
- Provided guidance to assist them in reaching their educational, personal and future career goals.
High School Counselor/Analyst Resume
Headline : Developing guidance curriculum, providing student resources, counseling individual students, coordinating with social service agencies, maintaining records.
Skills : Technical Skills, Communication Skills.
- Planned, implement and evaluate a comprehensive guidance and counseling program.
- Coordinated the development of educational and career plans for the students.
- Counseled individual students and a group of students based on their needs and concerns.
- Coordinated and conduct activities related to the operation of the guidance and counseling programs.
- Referred students to appropriate special programs, specialists, and specific agencies.
- Coordinated career planning activities with vocational-technical schools, colleges, and universities.
- Assisted students in secondary and post-secondary education transitions.
Lead High School Counselor Resume
Summary : To obtain a position that allows the opportunity to utilize counseling experience, education administration knowledge, and curriculum development experience.
Skills : Administrative Assistant, Communication Skills.
- Analyzed grade-point averages in relationship to achievement.
- Conducted individual student meetings based on GPA, classroom performance, social-emotional needs, and college applications.
- Helped the school principal and dean identify and resolve student issues, needs and, problems.
- Ran small groups, including "girls group" for 9-11th grade girls.
- Advocated for students at individual education planning meetings.
- Coordinated paperwork and data entry of all new students.
- Conducted credit checks for student success.
Associate High School Counselor Resume
Headline : Counselor working with children and adults for interested in helping others. High School Counselor is responsible for counseling students and helping them to achieve their academic, social, and vocational goals. The High School Counselor works closely with the school administration, faculty, and parents in supporting students’ academic progress.
Skills : Management, Analytical Skills.
- Provided individual counseling for students and families.
- Provided career and educational guidance for students and parents.
- Collaborated with staff, students and parents for student success.
- Worked with the At-Risk population to keep them in school and graduate.
- Collaborated with outside agencies for student success.
- Responsible for maintained school records for approximate students.
- Assisted with college and scholarship applications.
High School Counselor/Representative Resume
Summary : Focused on building positive rapport with a diverse range of clients. Mental Health Counselor offering knowledge of research methods, comprehensive assessments and treatment.
Skills : Communication Skills, Risk Management.
- Referred clients to outside social service providers to address psychiatric and personal issues.
- Completed documentation for all clients attending group sessions.
- Acted as a role model for clients by exhibiting positive behaviors.
- Pursued ongoing education and training opportunities to further develop professional skills.
- Conferred with parents and guardians, teachers and administrators to resolve clients' behavioral and academic problems.
- Conducted crisis counseling sessions each week.
- Scheduled students for new courses and new year.
Master Of Arts
High school counselor Resume
Summary : Identifying issues affecting school performance, such as absenteeism. Addressing social or behavioral problems.
Helping students develop skills needed for academic success.
Skills : Process Management, Decision Making Skills.
- Served as liaison between PVHS and the technical/career center.
- Participated in several school teams/committees - SAP, Mental Health, Discipline, special education.
- Coordinated evening parent programs and information releases.
- Assisted in PSAT and Keystone exam administration.
- Coordinated dual enrollment programs through local colleges.
- Facilitated alumni presentations to the student body.
- Organized community task force anti-bullying panel presentation.