High School Counselor Resume
Summary : Common duties include disseminating of scholarship information, supplying school-to-career guidance, interpreting standardized test scores.
Skills : Counseling, Communication Skills.
- Worked with students, teachers, administrators, parents, and community members.
- Accomplished other accomplishments although this was the most important one.
- Created Students Class Schedules Developed 504 Plans/ LEA IEP meetings Counseled Students in Crisis Situations.
- Responsible for ensuring that each student scheduled and passed coursework selected by the state by monitoring transcripts and coordinating tests.
- Provided personal counseling as requested, recommended colleges.
- Planned and developed a program and curriculum relative to students' needs.
- Supported the students in identifying, planning, and attaining individual goals; consistent with their aptitudes, needs abilities, and interests.
High School Counselor III Resume
Summary : Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as passion for helping young people will be an asset to the people and school serve.
Skills : Communication Skills, Team Building.
- Counseled individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems.
- Maintained accurate and completed student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Evaluated students' or individuals' abilities, interests, and personality characteristics using tests, records, interviews, or professional sources.
- Attended meetings, educational conferences, and training workshops and serve on committees.
- Presented self-help or information sessions on subjects related to education and career planning.
- Referred students to degree programs based on interests, aptitudes, or educational assessments.
- Established and supervised peer counseling and peer tutoring programs.
Master Of Science
High School Counselor I Resume
Objective : To secure an adjunct college-level teaching position in education and/or counseling topics, Counseling Theories, Developmental Psychology of Adolescence, Social Psychology.
Skills : College Counseling, Academic Counseling, Grief Counseling.
- Instructed classes regarding large group guidance activities and registration.
- Administrated tests and Interpreting test data for competency.
- Conducted classroom and individual observations for purposes of behavioral and academic intervention.
- Communicated with teachers, school psychologists, other counselors, administrators, parents, outside agencies.
- Organized and supervised peer mediation class/program.
- Organized informational meetings for parents and students regarding financial aid, graduation requirements, and registration.
- Provided guidance and counseling services to grades.
High School Counselor II Resume
Headline : Utilizing grass roots strategies for working with families and young children, have come to recognize Early Childhood Education with public health lenses.
Skills : Problem Solving Skills, Management.
- Promulgated results to teachers, students, and parents.
- Screened special education students and developed Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students.
- Secured special testing (LD, Reading Proficiency, Psychological) with the Public School System.
- Assisted teachers with ESL (English as Second Language) subject lesson plans.
- Provided lessons on social applications within time and space for middle school students.
- Developed ESL (English as Second Language) lesson plans for middle school students.
- Implemented guidance office management.
Certificate Of Completion
High School Counselor I Resume
Objective : Flexible and innovative while applying excellent customer service, organizational, communication and advising skills to further advance the quality of service, level of student achievement.
Skills : Bilingual Spanish, Decision Making Skills.
- Facilitated transition activities for incoming freshmen.
- Monitored the academic progress of said students of high school.
- Provided academic, career, and social guidance.
- Helped hundreds of freshmen students make the transition to high school success.
- Provided crisis intervention on many occasions to students in crisis such as cutting and suicide attempts or threats.
- Helped and encouraged hundreds of students to stay in school, get academic help, and search for careers and higher Ed institutions.
- Provided support groups for common situations especially in the personal and educational areas.
Jr. High School Counselor Resume
Objective : Increase achievement for all students and close the achievement gap through differentiated instruction. Build staff capacity to perform at a high level.
Skills : Interpersonal Skills, Management.
- Individually counseled and advised students academically, socially and emotionally.
- Met with groups of students to discuss fall/spring schedule, PSAT, ACT, ASVAB testing.
- Participated in the Department of Family Services meetings, multidisciplinary team meetings and worked with at-risk students.
- Attended and participated in various counseling conferences and workshops.
- Communicated regularly with students, parents, and faculty in person, via online communication, newsletters, and mailings.
- Implemented transition plans for students with special needs.
- Provided guidance to assist them in reaching their educational, personal and future career goals.
High School Counselor/Analyst Resume
Headline : Developing guidance curriculum, providing student resources, counseling individual students, coordinating with social service agencies, maintaining records.
Skills : Technical Skills, Communication Skills.
- Planned, implement and evaluate a comprehensive guidance and counseling program.
- Coordinated the development of educational and career plans for the students.
- Counseled individual students and a group of students based on their needs and concerns.
- Coordinated and conduct activities related to the operation of the guidance and counseling programs.
- Referred students to appropriate special programs, specialists, and specific agencies.
- Coordinated career planning activities with vocational-technical schools, colleges, and universities.
- Assisted students in secondary and post-secondary education transitions.
Lead High School Counselor Resume
Summary : To obtain a position that allows the opportunity to utilize counseling experience, education administration knowledge, and curriculum development experience.
Skills : Administrative Assistant, Communication Skills.
- Analyzed grade-point averages in relationship to achievement.
- Conducted individual student meetings based on GPA, classroom performance, social-emotional needs, and college applications.
- Helped the school principal and dean identify and resolve student issues, needs and, problems.
- Ran small groups, including "girls group" for 9-11th grade girls.
- Advocated for students at individual education planning meetings.
- Coordinated paperwork and data entry of all new students.
- Conducted credit checks for student success.
Associate High School Counselor Resume
Headline : Counselor working with children and adults for interested in helping others.
Skills : Management, Analytical Skills.
- Provided individual counseling for students and families.
- Provided career and educational guidance for students and parents.
- Collaborated with staff, students and parents for student success.
- Worked with the At-Risk population to keep them in school and graduate.
- Collaborated with outside agencies for student success.
- Responsible for maintained school records for approximate students.
- Assisted with college and scholarship applications.
High School Counselor/Representative Resume
Summary : Focused on building positive rapport with a diverse range of clients. Mental Health Counselor offering knowledge of research methods, comprehensive assessments and treatment.
Skills : Communication Skills, Risk Management.
- Referred clients to outside social service providers to address psychiatric and personal issues.
- Completed documentation for all clients attending group sessions.
- Acted as a role model for clients by exhibiting positive behaviors.
- Pursued ongoing education and training opportunities to further develop professional skills.
- Conferred with parents and guardians, teachers and administrators to resolve clients' behavioral and academic problems.
- Conducted crisis counseling sessions each week.
- Scheduled students for new courses and new year.
Master Of Arts
High school counselor Resume
Summary : Identifying issues affecting school performance, such as absenteeism. Addressing social or behavioral problems.
Helping students develop skills needed for academic success.
Skills : Process Management, Decision Making Skills.
- Served as liaison between PVHS and the technical/career center.
- Participated in several school teams/committees - SAP, Mental Health, Discipline, special education.
- Coordinated evening parent programs and information releases.
- Assisted in PSAT and Keystone exam administration.
- Coordinated dual enrollment programs through local colleges.
- Facilitated alumni presentations to the student body.
- Organized community task force anti-bullying panel presentation.