Media Relations Manager Resume
Objective : Progressive, results-oriented communications professional with local and national public relations experiences. Specialties include media and government relations, creative writing, campaign development, corporate communications, strategic planning and public affairs. Have supervised tomorrow's leaders and counseled senior management staffs on best communications practices.
Skills : Public Relations, Marketing Communications.
- Managed the Enterprise's external communications activities.
- Developed and conducted comprehensive media relations.
- Proactively pitched story opportunities to local, national and trade media.
- Assisted news reporters with stories and meeting deadlines.
- Trained division heads and senior managers for media interviews.
- Created talking points and key messages for division heads to further communicate Enterprise's vision, values and goals.
- Organized interviews for division heads and members of senior management.
- Reviewed editorial calendars, sought media opportunities for Enterprise and tracked media mentions.
Sr. Media Relations Manager Resume
Summary : To work in an environment that is supportive, values creativity and encourages fresh ideas.
Skills : Client Services, Negotiations, Budget Planning, Brand.
- Served as an active and valued participant in team-oriented approach to targeted media/public relations and marketing efforts.
- Served as the University's primary liaison with local, state and national print, broadcast and online media.
- Served as the University's primary spokesperson to local, state and national print, broadcast and online media.
- Responsible for attaining media-related goals contained in University's Strategic Communications Plan.
- Advised senior level staff, including the University president, on matters of interest to local, state and national media.
- Helped senior staff - including the University president - identify Auburn-related issues with the potential to spark media interest so that appropriate responses could be prepared in a timely manner.
- Strategized with Assistant Vice President for Communications and Marketing and senior level staff, including the University president, on appropriate proactive measures or responses to media in crisis situations.
- Assisted in workshops designed to train top-level administrators and deans in how to respond to inquiries from the news media.
- Wrote "Briefing Notes," which capsulized major issues facing the University and suggested talking points to be used when media inquiries were received.
Jr. Media Relations Manager Resume
Objective : Proven track record of success in strategic marketing, social content, communications, public relations, sales and government affairs. Creative and results-driven team player, strong focus on operational excellence.
Skills : Marketing Management, Event Planning Event Management.
- Led media relations for Fortune 500 multinational aerospace manufacturing company.
- Initiated media training program for C-suite leaders.
- Provided project management and oversight for company's annual report.
- Wrote and edited press releases, web content, social media content, product launch content, and white papers.
- Collaborated with government relations, legal, program management, investor and analyst relations, and other marketing communications personnel for consistent message development and alignment through face-to-face meetings, WebEx webinars and use of SharePoint platform.
- Worked with content management system through website revitalization.
- Created materials to support key customer and stakeholder events.
Media Relations Manager I Resume
Objective : Looking for a creative environment that allows to showcase design, networking, overall abilities and techniques acquired to draw people to corporate sites and increase sales.
Skills : SEO Campaigns, Creative Design, Marketing, Networking.
- Actively promoted and developed collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community, which includes coordinating appropriate and consistent responses to key issues which are in line with business policy.
- Implemented the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company's products and services.
- Developed effective communication channels within the wider business Press and PR community.
- Monitored effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Regularly feed back insights gained from social media monitoring into the Marketing and Merchandizing teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion.
- Responded to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Established and maintained cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups.
- Arranged public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase product and service awareness and to promote goodwill.
- Monitored the overall effectiveness of the publicity teams, ensuring they are continually kept up-to-date on matters that affect both the publicity community and corporate communications.
Media Relations Manager II Resume
Headline : Innovative former journalist seeks to utilize project management skills, implement marketing and public relations strategies, and support company initiatives to increase business opportunities.
Skills : Graphic Design, Project Management, Media Relations Manager.
- Strategized to develop public relations campaigns to deliver key initiatives and messages to the media and targeted audiences.
- Created strategic and comprehensive communications plans.
- Facilitated conferences and developed educational materials.
- Wrote and edited news releases/fact sheets, articles, statements and informational materials.
- Managed news media activities to increase company's visibility.
- Wrote feature articles and various communications materials for internal and external audiences.
- Ghost writer for articles and speeches pertaining to the executive team.
- Created and managed written content for AHIMA's website.
- Acted as company spokesperson.
Media Relations Manager III Resume
Summary : An accomplished communications professional with extensive experience in public relations, marketing communications and journalism for the private and public sectors. Successfully managed programs from concept and strategy through development, execution and implementation in both traditional and new media for B2B, B2C and non-profit organizations.
Skills : Live on-air presentation, crisis communications, news.
- Oversaw day-to-day operations of media relations unit, including supervising media relations staff, crafting and managing departmental budget, responding to daily media queries, and vetting Academy vendors and clients Researched, wrote, and distributed press materials to ophthalmic and consumer media outlets.
- Wrote and produced video news releases and public service announcements.
- Managed media section of Web site, updating, writing and publishing content.
- Planned, managed and supervised newsroom and news conferences at Academy's Annual Meeting, attended by more than 25,000 participants, and reported on by a press corps of more than 100 journalists.
- Sought opportunities to interact with appropriate media to develop scientific and human interest stories.
- Interpreted for popular consumption complex medical journal studies on current ophthalmological trends.
- Produced communications plans in support of Academy projects and policies.
- Drafted/implemented Academy media policies and verified their consistent application.
- Monitored major news sources to detect general reaction to Academy focus.
Asst. Media Relations Manager Resume
Objective : Supervise and execute strategic marketing, communications and public relations campaigns that get results. Work has contributed to the success of a variety of regional and national campaigns, and collaborated in all aspects of marketing including research, creative development, advertising, event management and social media.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Acrobat, Adobe.
- Coordinates media activities for the organization's clients and liaise with media practitioners on behalf of clients and the organization and develop and sustain cordial relationship with journalists on behalf of the company and its clients.
- Writes, edits and signs press releases on behalf of clients.
- Coordinates regular media rounds (visits to media houses).
- Initiates, nurtures and sustains a good personal relationship with relevant media practitioners on behalf of clients.
- Receives, interprets and responds to briefs from clients.
- Develops strategic media roadmaps for clients' media campaigns in response to specific client's campaign needs, aspirations and communications strategy.
Associate Media Relations Manager Resume
Headline : Over 20 years of experience as a marketing, communications, and public relations professional. Developed programs as well as launched campaigns for brands.
Skills : Media Relations, Administrative, Research.
- Planned and executed publicity strategies for more than 60 company programs in four strategic business units.
- Directed all publicity and image campaigns including the creation of media press kits and news releases, corporate video products and social media outreach.
- Wrote and produced radio spots.
- Sustained positive relationships with trade and local reporters to achieve dynamic coverage of the company's achievements via print, radio and television interviews.
- Provided training for all executive staff and subject matter experts to best message the company for success.
- Coordinated media coverage of spacecraft launches, industry events and company-sponsored promotions.
- Wrote feature stories, white papers and other creative content for magazine and website placement.
Lead Media Relations Manager Resume
Summary : Accomplished marketing communications professional experienced in the planning, development, execution, and analysis of integrated marketing campaigns and programs, including marketing strategy, public relations, collateral, advertising/branding, Web/mobile development, social media, online promotions, packaging and events.
Skills : Communications Strategy, Staff Management, Budget Development, Writing.
- Ensures consistent earned media and trade print presence in five general markets (3 of top 50 in American media).
- Aggressively and proactively works to place news and feature stories about the Society's mission and income priorities.
- Coordinates responses to inquiries and requests from news media.
- Arranges and monitors media interviews with Society staff and volunteer experts.
- Writes communications materials (press releases, pitches, blogs, tweets, media advisories, op-eds, letters to the editor, talking points, speeches and guest editorials, etc.) in support of Society objectives.
- Works with Society medical and research staff to interpret complex scientific content for use in understandable communications for the media and public.
- Contributes in media counseling and training of Society staff and volunteers as needed.
- Consistently works with directors and senior director to coordinate online/offline press conferences, press briefings and other press events.
Media Relations Manager Resume
Headline : Seeking an entry level, full-time position in social media, project management or web development.
Skills : Internal Communications, External Communications, Writing, Editing.
- Developed and maintained relationships with the media to promote the work of United Way and responded to media inquiries.
- Successfully pitched stories to the Houston Chronicle, 92 FM News, and the Fort Bend Sun.
- Wrote press releases, news advisories and editorials.
- Edited copy for brochures and reports.
- Assisted with writing content for social media.
- Recently wrote advertorials about agency's programs for Culture Map website and produced copy for four-page brochure for donors and for one-page flier for general public about agency's education initiatives.
- Wrote talking points for United Way CEO, other agency leaders, staff and volunteers to ensure consistency of messages across the organization and to prepare them for media interviews.
- Gave presentations to corporate and community groups.