Medical Billing Clerk Resume
Objective : Committed and motivated Administrative Assistant/Medical Billing clerk with exceptional customer service and decision making skills. Strong work ethic, professional demeanor and great initiative.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Customer Service, Microsoft Office, nextgen, Powerpoint.
- Managed daily reports for patient Admission/Discharge information.
- Managed medical billing supply inventory, insurance records, patient charts, and company files using McKesson, Star, and Claims Administrator software.
- Contacted insurance providers to verify correct insurance information and verify authorization for proper billing codes.
- Managed incoming and outgoing calls for a busy medical office.
- Distributed and managed all correspondence incoming/outgoing throughout all ARH facilities.
- Examined diagnosis codes for accuracy, completeness, specificity, and appropriateness according to services rendered.
- Posted charges, payments, and adjustments.
Associate Of Science
Medical Billing Clerk III Resume
Summary : As An Medical Billing Clerk, responsible for processing medical reimbursement claims. This includes coding and billing, collecting patient information, generating detailed reports, and following up with patients.
Skills : Microsoft Office, NEXTGEN, EPIC.
- Investigated outstanding claims and uses analytical, problem-solving abilities to solve unpaid or rejected claims.
- Worked with all insurance carriers to obtain information for patient insurance eligibility and authorizations.
- Provided excellent customer service to patients that inquire regarding responsible co-pays, deductibles, and statements.
- Helped patients enroll and manage patient co-pay assistant programs for chemotherapy drugs.
- Checked in patients upon arrival, updating any patient information, copying all necessary insurance cards, and collecting all eligible co-pays.
- Responsible for making appointments for doctor visits and chemotherapy Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties.
- Answered patients' questions; and maintained the reception area.
- Ordered any additional tests, scans, referrals, and obtaining any prior authorizations.
A.A.S In Medical
Medical Billing Clerk II Resume
Objective : A skilled bilingual (English/Russian) administrative assistant with over six years of demonstrated computer and office skills. Well-developed written and oral communication skills with a great understanding of customer service principles. I am a highly talented medical billing clerk with huge experience in performing a variety of complex clerical and accounting functions within the medical and business field.
Skills : Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Billing, Bookkeeping, Data Entry, Filing, Faxing, Fast Learner, Word, Receptionist, Computer Skills, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Contacted customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Worked returned mail (bad addresses).
- Sent additional Medical records request to Referring Providers.
- Retrieved, collated and submitted medical records to insurance companies.
- Printed, collated, and submitted claims and appeals to insurance companies.
- Printed and mailed letters to patients.
- Completed and submitted required forms for claims payment as needed.
Sr. Medical Billing Clerk Resume
Objective : To obtain a position that will utilize my education and customer service skills. Ability Summary Recent Graduate with a Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice and a minor in Business Administration Office Manager, proficient in Microsoft Office and numerous office machines. Team Player with 10 years previous office management experience Over 20 years of Customer Service experience 20 years of Insurance claims billing, and Insurance Appeals.
Skills : 10 key, Managing Skills, Medical Billing.
- Posted cash for a podiatry group that provided services to nursing homes.
- Responsible for billing Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance companies.
- Followed-up on insurance company rejections and resubmitted claims.
- Reviewed documents such as sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records to compute fees or charges due.
- Performed bookkeeping by posting cash, checks and insurance payments to accounts.
- Maintained records of invoices and supporting documents.
- Resolved discrepancies in accounting records.
Medical Billing Clerk I Resume
Headline : To obtain a position as a team-player in a medical office where I can maximize my medical billing and business services experience o make a positive contribution to the organization. Responsible for Verifying benefits and obtain authorizations for delivery or family planning services online or over the telephone.
Skills : Experience With EPIC, Medi-soft, Nex-tech, And Nu-MD.
- Posted charges, payments, and adjustments from insurances and patients.
- Reviewed claims for completeness of the information and required documents.
- Helped coders interpret medical reports to apply appropriate ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS codes for claims submission.
- Efficiently performed insurance verifications and pre-authorizations.
- Responsible for answering and resolving patients' inquiries and problems relating to billing statements.
- Input patient's insurance and medical information into the EMR database; including updating patients' medical charts.
- Prepared documents, spreadsheets, and office memos for the billing manager as requested.
Certificate In Diagnostic
Medical Billing Clerk/Representative Resume
Objective : Medical office administration position, where I can utilize exceptional customer service skills, multitasking skills and proven ability to manage clerical tasks which will contribute effectively to the mission of the company.
Skills : Managing Skill, Medical Skills, Good Communication Skills.
- Scheduled patient appointments, verified insurance benefits, and collected copays and deductibles.
- Remindered calls for physicians next-day clinic.
- Checked in patients and prepared their charts.
- Completed medical billing for the physicians upon patients' departure.
- Prepared medical records for transfers and/or another facility request once obtaining appropriate documents.
- Records are sent electronically or printed and mailed securely.
- Assisted patients with information for questions regarding insurance eligibility or applying.
Sr. Medical Billing Clerk Resume
Summary : To obtain an accounting position that will allow me to explore my potential and contribute my skill, knowledge, and expertise to the company. Responsible for Reviewing accounts for possible assignments and making recommendations to the Billing Supervisor, also preparing information for the collection agency.
Skills : MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook Typing Speed: 60 WPM, Spreadsheet Development, Records Maintenance, Data Management, Scanning, Faxing, Copier, Printing, Filing, Cash register, Bank deposit slips, Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Medical Terminology.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the patient's documents and their addresses.
- Maintained the patient's information and reports Developed the forms and manuals and procedure of organization Processed patient's billing, statements, reimbursement claims, post-transaction, and data.
- Dealt with the queries and respond to them by telephone or by writing.
- Responsible for the reports distribution, telephone, and generation of the bills.
- Identified and resolved patient billing complaints.
- Prepared reviews and sends patient statements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
Masters Of Science In Accounting
Medical Billing Clerk/Head Resume
Summary : Highly motivated individual seeking an entry-level position in Health Information Technology where I can utilize the academic knowledge and skills that I have acquired in this field with clerical acuity to maximize the performance of the facility.
Skills : Medical Terminology, 37.5 continuing instructional hours from Pinnacle Health Systems.
- Coordinated the maintenance of patient documents in accordance with confidentiality policies.
- Administered billing for Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Radiology, and Pathology.
- Reconciled insurance and patient payments while researching and resolving incorrect payments, EOB rejections, and assorted issues with outstanding accounts.
- Validated and monitored accuracy of insurance claims in addition to verifying correct ICD-9, ICD-10, and CPT codes for various specialties.
- Processed patient billing, statements, reimbursement claims, post transactions, and data.
- Adhered to stated compliance guidelines and HIPAA regulations.
- Managed all facets of communication to disseminate information relating to multiple queries.
Jr. Medical Billing Clerk Resume
Objective : Energetic competitive achiever, who can inspire and motivate team members, able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Youthful and mature, willing to learn, grow and further my education.
Skills : Knowledge Of Medical Terminology, Health Insurance Claims Processing Forms, Creating and Maintaining Records, Telephone Techniques, and Appointment Scheduling, Strong Ability To Grasp and Utilize New Information Quickly, Knowledge of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, HCPCS, CPT.
- Responsible for all areas of billing including nursing homes, medical/Medicaid, and private insurance.
- Prepared accurate and timely client invoices.
- Scheduled and registered patients Provided professional telephone services and managed incoming calls.
- Acted as a point of contact for the sales team and the client.
- Collected urine specimens for drug screens and clogged blood.
- Maintained work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Protected organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Obtained insurance authorizations/referrals.
Medical Billing Clerk II Resume
Objective : Reliable and goal-oriented individual with a background in medical billing/data entry, including accounts receivable activities, and customer service. Passionate and motivated, with a drive for excellence.
Skills : ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding, Typing 35 wpm, Ten-Key, Medical Terminology, Medical Abbreviations, Medical Manager, IDX, PC/Ace, Ask-EDI, Gateway EDI, OrchidHealth Systems, Alphabetical Filing, Numerical Filing, Windows, Microsoft Word.
- Verified the accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Contacted insurance companies to check on status, research denials, and submit appeals for claim denials.
- Prepared and itemized statements, bills, or invoices and recorded amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Kept records of invoices and support documents.
- Received payments and posted amounts paid to customer accounts.
- Prepared daily and monthly reports on billed revenue and received payments.
- Reconciled billed sale reports to pay monthly state sales tax payments for multiple locations.
- Answered customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.