Medical Coder Resume
Objective : My objective to be a productive and valuable member of the medical coding industry, utilizing my knowledge in medical coding to increase revenue.
Skills : MICROSOFT, Evident.
- Coding for psychiatric services for inpatient.
- Coding and charging facility services for outpatient surgeries.
- Coding and charging facility services for outpatient observations.
- Coding and charging for all professional and facility services for outpatient services for two Urgent Cares.
- Coding and charging facility services for family practice, gynecology, podiatry, neurology, urology, and orthopedics services.
- Coding and charging for physical therapy services.
- Coding from prescriptions for radiology, laboratory and cardiology services.
- Audit patient charts for verification of documentation including electronic medical records to continue to build increase revenue.
Certification In CPC
Medical Coder and Biller Resume
Objective : I have 19 years experience working as a certified medical assistant. vitals, injections, drawing labs, assisting Dr. with exams, starting notes in EMR system, e-prescribing meds, referrals, prior authorizations, medical coding, receptionist duties, billing, posting of charges and payments. I have worked for family practice Dr.s and OB/GYN.
Skills : MS OFFICE, MS WORD, MS EXCEL, Internet Research, Medical Billing, Medical Coding.
- Audits records to ensure proper submission of services prior to billing.
- Supplies correct ICD 10 diagnosis codes on all diagnosis provided.
- Supplies correct HCPCS and CPT codes for all procedures and services performed.
- Educates and updates providers on correct coding information.
- Contacts providers to train and update them with correct coding issues.
- Creates power point presentations for provider meetings to educate and inform providers on various medical coding information.
- Accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies.
- Trains new coders on current database system and health center requirements.
Certificate Of Medical Coding
Certified Medical coder Resume
Headline : Medical Coder is responsible for coding all medical records in the system. The Medical Coder must be able to work with a diverse range of patients and communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, and other staff members.
Skills : Great with people, quick, smart, dependable, adaptive, curious and efficient.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
High School Diploma In Medical
Medical Coder & Billing Resume
Summary : Dedicated and seasoned healthcare professional with broad knowledge on healthcare revenue cycle from Billing, Coding, Collection and Claims processing. Below are the highlights of my proficiencies: Cradle to grave claims processing. Adherence to Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medi-Cal/Medicaid and Health Plan specific regulatory standards and compliance. Development of Policies & Procedures and workflows for use on daily operations, training, quality assurance and compliance.
Skills : Excel, As400, Visio, ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10.
- Assigns and sequences ICD-9-CM/CPT/HCPCS codes to diagnoses and procedures.
- Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician are valid and complete.
- Abstracts all necessary information and assigns codes (ICD-9, CPT & HCPCS), which most accurately describe each documented diagnosis, surgical procedure and special therapy or procedure according to established guidelines.
- Determines the final diagnoses and procedures stated by the physician or other health care providers are valid and complete.
- Performs a comprehensive review of the record to assure the presence of all component parts such as: patient and record identification, signatures and dates where required and other necessary data in the presence of all reports which appear to be indicated by the nature of the treatment rendered.
- Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy.
- Reviews the records for compliance with established third party reimbursement agencies and special screening criteria.
Medical Coder Customer Service Rep Resume
Summary : Medical Coder with 10 years experience in hospital inpatient/outpatient surgery coding. Certified in ICD-9 and ICD-10. Familiar with commercial and private insurance carriers. Desire a position in inpatient records coding.
Skills : Medical Billing Co-Payments & Deductibles Payment Posting.
- Houma Recorded and filed patient data and medical records.
- Coded outpatient encounters at a rate of 160 per day and 120 complex specialty coding.
- Accurately entered procedure codes, diagnosis codes and patient information into billing software.
- Verified and abstracted all medical data to assign appropriate codes for hospital inpatient records.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations by appropriately handling patient information.
- Appropriately and correctly identified errors and re-filed denied/rejected claims as they were received from the Patient Account Representative.
- Added modifiers as appropriate, coded narrative diagnoses and verified diagnoses.
- Interpreted medical reports to apply appropriate ICD-9, CPT-4 and HCPCS codes.
High School Diploma
Outpatient Medical Coder Resume
Objective : Hospital and outpatient records coding specialist with HCPCS, ICD-10, CPT and ASC coding expertise. Familiar with commercial and private insurance carriers. Seeks a position of increased responsibility and authority.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Coded records by following prescribed coding standards such as ICD-9 and CPT.
- Assign the patient to diagnosis-related groups (DRG's).
- Identify, compile, abstract, and code patient data, using standard classifications system.
- Resolve or clarify codes or diagnosis with conflicting, missing or unclear information by consulting with doctors or others.
- Responsible for requestor payments(collections).
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Maintain customer/patient confidentiality.
- Maintained patient data such as treatment records and related insurance information.
CPT In Insurance
Senior Medical Coder Resume
Objective : To obtain a job in which I can be personable and a team player giving quality time and treatment to job duties and other staff members. I aim to be fair, understanding, unbiased, and a leader in my field of knowledge in which other coworkers desire to follow and aspire to.
Skills : - Medical Coding ICD 9/10 -Quality Assurance Audits Medical Collections -Bilingual -Medicare And CMS Regulations And Guidelines -MS Word/Excel/Office Tools -Medsuite -AS400/IDX/Centricity/Pathway -EMS Charts -Encoder Pro/ Oracle/ Groupcast Documentation Imaging.
- Analyze and interpret Medical records for Ground and Air Ambulance transports.
- Code Medical records using the correct ICD 9 CM and/or ICD 10 CM codes according to the EMT impressions for scene calls, Physician documentation and payer guidelines.
- Abstract records to determine the correct Level of Service depending on the drug and medical supply used to assist patient at the time of service.
- Assist with Quality Assurance and provide feedback for new Coders.
- Help the collection department in reviewing accounts that need corrections or providing additional detail to get denied claims processed.
- Verify accuracy of documentation such as Medical Records, Procedures, Medical Coverage and Date of Service to insure a correct claim is sent and prompt payment from payers.
- Coordinate with the billing representative daily work load and timelines to expedite the process of the accounts.
- Maintain accuracy, exceed department productivity and quality goals.
High School Diploma
Medical Coder/Receptionist Resume
Headline : Medical Coder is responsible for the accuracy of the medical record and must be able to read and interpret medical terminology in order to accurately code the records.
Skills : <div>Computer knowledge, Accounting and bookkeeping.</div>
- Thoroughly researched newly identified diagnoses and/or medical procedures to expand skills and knowledge.
- Meticulously identified and rectified inconsistencies, deficiencies and discrepancies in medical documentation.
- Maintained updated knowledge of coding requirements, through continuing education and certification renewal.
- Researched questions and concerns from providers and provided detailed responses.
- Maintained strict patient and physician confidentiality.
- Resourcefully used various coding books, procedure manuals and on-line encoders.
- Initiated, performed and documented quarterly coding audits for physicians.
- Interacted with providers and other medical professionals regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures and regulations.
Diploma In Health Care Business
Remote Medical Coder Resume
Summary : Inpatient Audit Consultant. Prior Clinical Internal Auditor/Documentation Specialist and Medical Coder with 20 years of experience in hospital inpatient/outpatient coding. Certified Coding Specialist with AHIMA. Familiar with Medicare, commercial and private insurance carriers. Desire a position in medical claims auditing, inpatient coding or outpatient coding.
Skills : Health Information Management Systems: Meditec, EPIC, HCIS, 3M, Cerner, PowerChart, Medisoft, SpringChart., Microsoft Office Word, Excel,Power Point, Access, Publisher.
- Analyzed and interpreted patient medical and surgical records to determine billable services.
- Interpreted medical reports to apply appropriate ICD-9, CPT-9 and HCPCS codes.
- Assigned additional diagnosis codes based on specific clinical findings (laboratory, radiology and pathology reports as well as clinical studies) in support of existing diagnoses.
- Carefully coded disease and injury diagnoses, acuity of care, and procedures in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Accurately entered procedure codes, diagnosis codes and patient information into billing software.
- Consistently ensured proper coding, sequencing of diagnoses and procedures.
- Verified and abstracted all medical data to assign appropriate codes for hospital inpatient and outpatient records.
Certification In Education
Medical Coder I Resume
Objective : Obtain a Medical Coding position in a clinic/hospital where I can use my extensive computer and medical coding knowledge, strong organizational abilities, demonstrating quality communication's skills and patient service.
Skills : Quantim AND 3-M computer experience.
- Coordinated and monitors reimbursement activities of an MFA Department.
- Trains physicians and staff in coding and billing in order to maximize revenue generation for the Department of Surgery.
- Abstracts professional and technical charges from clinical information on Emergency Department medical records for the purpose of patient billing.
- Analyzed and interpret medical records to identify and assign CPT and ICD-9 codes on all billable services.
- Assigned and sequence appropriate diagnostic/procedure billing codes in compliance with Medicare and third party payors.
- Reviewed documentation to establish compliance with teaching physician billing guidelines.
- Responded to billing and coding questions from providers, staff and administrators.
- Reviewed patient records and recommend appropriate coding/documentation for deficient records.
Diploma In Medical
Medical Coder/Practice Supervisor Resume
Objective : Highly motivated individual with 10 years experience in the medical billing field that is very knowledgeable and organized. I am a problem solver in the field. I am seeking a position with a company or facility where I can apply my knowledge and expertise in the field of Medical Insurance Billing and Coding.
Skills : Managing, Training, Problem Solving, Team Player, Process.
- Verified eligibility as well as obtained all authorizations for treatment in Chiropractic, Physical Therapy and Psychology.
- Posted all the charges on a daily basis.
- Collections and followed-up on all account activity with the insurance companies and filed appeals as needed.
- Completed all posting of the payments as they came in and ran reports on a daily weekly & monthly basis.
- Had constant communication with the doctors on a daily basis.
- Took part in training all externs that were brought in.
- Review the Worker's Comp and Personal Injury Cases with attorneys.
Bachelor of Science
Medical Coder Resume
Headline : Responsible ER Clerk proficient in Check Patient In/Out, Prepare Patients for transfer, update Patients demographics as needed. Passionate and motivated, with a drive for excellence. 18 years in Medical Administrative Support and Primary Care positions.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Electronic Health Records, 3M and Encoder Pro, Powerchart, TES Edit.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- Registered Patients in CHCS FER Patients charts Update Patients demographic as needed.
- Prepare for shipping out to another office/business Update patients demographic as needed.
Diploma In Medical Assisting