Military Pay Technician Resume
Objective : Administrative and Customer Service Qualifications History of success working independently, as member of group, and as leader, completing projects accurately, in a timely and organized manner. Possess strong communication skills through written and verbal, planning and organizing, problem assessment and problem solving.
Skills : Trained In Human Relations And Business Practices.
- Provided customer services to military members on filling out forms as needed, explaining provisions associated with entitlements, allowances and leave, and answer pay related inquiries.
- Examined claims for Permanent Change of Station (PCS) travel vouchers for the service member and their dependents when applicable.
- Informed service members of Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE) to ensure all required supporting documents are present and contain factual information.
- Performed pre-audits of the travel vouchers to make sure all claimed amounts and entitlements are authorized by the travel order.
- Conducted In Processing briefings to large groups of newly arrived soldiers, ranging in size from 30 to 160 individuals.
- Audited and supervise Payroll and Accounts Receivable accounts to U.S Treasury by Navy Personnel.
- Accurately processed pay of active, non-active, and reserve members.
BS In Human Resources
Sr. Military Pay Technician Resume
Summary : Looking for a rewarding career in Mental Health/ Behavioral Health. Have experience working with children and Soldiers, which absolutely loved, however would love the opportunity to work in other populations as well to expand work experiences. Social Service jobs is passion love being able to help people improve their quality of life.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Customer Service, Management, Microsoft Office, Medical Billing, Medical Records, Leadership Development.
- Developed database for leave, BAH recertification and an in-processing database.
- Set up the file management system, oversaw the CARE's program, approved 21 separate CARE's accounts, and order processing.
- Conducted daily in processing briefs for soldiers regarding travel vouchers and pay entitlements.
- Provide customer service to walk-ins, phone, and email.
- Performed comprehensive reviews of military pay transactions including a wide variety of determinations such as pay entitlements and allowances, special incentive pays, and debt collection.
- Established suspense guidelines to ensure members pay records are updated in a timely manner.
- Examined documents for propriety, completeness and accuracy.
Master's In Social Work
Jr. Military Pay Technician Resume
Summary : To obtain a position in which can put the skills have obtained over years in billing and medical coding, data entry, and customer service.
Skills : Management, Human Resources, Microsoft Office, Accounting, Sales.
- Had to exercise great precision in entering personnel actions, reviewing pay authorization documents, determining entitlements, and processing pay .
- Audited and resolved problem cases involving overpayment or underpayment.
- Ensured pay actions are correct from a regulatory standpoint.
- Performed reviews of pay transactions upon request of service member or other authority.
- Input pay transactions into DMO for update to the DJMS system.
- Monitored accounts for accuracy and corrections.
- Made necessary corrections in the automated pay system.
Bachelor's In Economics
Asst. Military Pay Technician Resume
Summary : Establish the relationships between resources and the organization's mission and functions.
Skills : Clerical/Customer Service/Debt Management.
- Established agency procedures exist such as DOD regulations , prior precedents, previous Comptroller General decisions and past pay advisor.
- Handled of the unique characteristics of certain cases, the employee must exercise seasoned judgment in determine the applications of available guidance in loathing and applying superseded pay guidance.
- Determined and processed standard pay and entitlements due to retired service members Verifies eligibility for standard types of pay determines tax .
- Gained military finance, mobilization and SLRP automation experience.
- Applied payroll and finance laws, policies and other directives to Soldiers in support of military contingency operations.
- Trained finance battalions and individual units mobilized to Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Responsible for the automation of the Student Loan Repayment Program.
AAS In Paralegal Studies
Associate Military Pay Technician Resume
Objective : 5+ years finance, accounting, budget administration, and regulatory research. Numerous awards and recognitions for excellence and committed to customer serves. Proven problem solver capable of managing multiple tasks and consistently producing timely results in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Strong leadership, analytical, motivation and collaboration skills to accomplish established business outcomes in team settings. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, System One, Sabre, Apollo, WorldSpan, Internet Research.
- Received, sorted and distributed a variety of reports, checklist and listings.
- Established and maintained a most frequently used company codes list, researches Table 50 via Customer Information Control Systems (CICS) for less frequently used code or requests Defense Finance Accounting System (DFAS) to establish a new company code via Email.
- Examined military pay documents to determine the accuracy of payments or the need for collection action to ensure proper payment to service members.
- Analyzed daily and month-end processing of military pay transactions master military pay accounts (MMPAs) management notices.
- Processed military pay transactions through DMO software.
- Reimbursed travel payments to eligible service members through IATS system.
- Processed and resolved on a wide variety of complicated pay actions.
AAS In Paralegal Studies
Military Pay Technician III Resume
Summary : Over 13 years of business process knowledge in accounts payable processes, with strong administrative skills, outstanding customer service management, and supervisory experience. Strengths include building relationships with internal/external clients, processing very high invoice volume per month, identifying opportunities to improve business processes, and resolving problem invoices by working with vendors and internal clients.
Skills : Word Processing, Customer Service, Office Management, Filing, Verbal, Communication, Management, Public Speaking.
- Helped provide military pay support for Active Guard Reserve units outside of Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA.
- Generated daily reports, leave and DROT reports for the local and out lined unit.
- Researched, audit and made pay adjustments involving a variety of complicated pay .
- Reviewed and performed audits all military pay documents for completeness and accuracy, including but not limited do documents that pertain to allowance, special incentive pays, and debt collection.
- Resolved and processed complex cases involving over payment and/or underpayment.
- Ensured pay actions are corrected and in accordance with the MPPM and DODFMR Vol.
- Reviewed actions rejected by the automated pay system determine reason for rejection and made necessary corrections.
Bachelors Of Arts In Hospitality Management
Military Pay Technician II Resume
Objective : 10+ years of experience in Military Payroll 7+ years of experience as an IT help desk associate Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint 7+ years of conducting tax audits.
Skills : Supervising, Microsoft Office, Accounting.
- Proof read and verifies veteran's pertinent information: correct spelling of member's name, social security number, branch of service, (Army, Airforce, Navy, and Marines) disability, and department of veteran affairs information.
- Researched Retired Pay laws, regulations and other guidance to ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with implementing instructions and policies.
- Performed comprehensive reviewed of military pay transaction including wide variety of determination such as allowances, special incentive pays and debt collection.
- Calculated service member's final pay (pre-computation and final computation).
- Performed initial audit, 15-day audit, and 20 audits on separation packets for Service Members separating from the Military.
- Performed a detailed analysis and problem solving involving the Defense Joint Military Pay System.
- Properly entered and reviewed data in automated system as required.
Military Pay Technician I Resume
Headline : To obtain a position as a team-player in a people-oriented organization where can maximize administrative, finance and negotiation experience in a challenging environment to achieve the corporate goals.
Skills : Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Technician.
- Processed a wide variety of pay actions which require the applications of numerous, different, and unrelated procedures.
- Provided first call resolution for Retired and Annuitants such as address changes, direct deposit changes, reissued returned checks, updated tax status (exzemptions,1099R, tax liens), allotments, member's pertinent information: (correct spelling of name, social security number).
- Resolved accounting problems associated with pay for Annuitants/Retirees, established allotments and all else associated with either subjects pay.
- Proved guidance on federal regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to staff and management.
- Forecasted, planned, executed, short/long term plans regarding Human Capital Management as well as document control.
- Performed audits on Survivor Benefits Programs (SBP) accounts per the member request to rectify any financial discrepancies they have acquired with the court, or their ex-spouses.
- Updated retirees account by changing their marital/dependent status by adding/removing spouse and children who are school are, or incapacitated.
Bachelor's In Business Administration
Lead Military Pay Technician Resume
Headline : Consummate human relations/resources professional with over 25 years experience in Equal Opportunity and Special Programs planning, implementation, budgeting and evaluation within Army, primarily overseas and specializing in diverse multi-cultural environments.
Skills : MS Office, Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Powerpoint, Technician.
- Developed information regarding causes of errors, and recommended means of improving the efficiency of the organization.
- Performed other duties as they are assigned.
- Processed a wide variety of pay actions.
- Reviewed many related documents to determine entitlement to all types of pay and allowances.
- Initiated manual pay transactions in the automated systems Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) taking into account the relationship between the pay action and how the system processes the action and the effect it will have on the members' entitlements to other pay and allowances.
- Resolved complicated pay actions, which arise from higher authority decisions concerning pay entitlement and incentive pays.
- Processed collection of overpayment and responds to inquiries (Congressional, Waivers, Disability Pay).
Doctorate In Management
Military Pay Technician Resume
Summary : Objective To obtain position in finance, accounting, payroll or customer service in order to utilize strong organizational, financial and computer skills. Qualifications Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and many various non-traditional computer systems. 8 years professional experience in Finance and Customer Service.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, DJMS, DMO, CMS. Proficient With All Types Of Office Equipment; Fax Machine, Copiers And Scanners.
- Manually adjusted and close out pay accounts.
- Determined the method to process the pay action and ensured compliance with government regulations.
- Reviewed and analyzed accounts, ensure correct entitlements and reduced overpayments due to errors and duplication.
- Developed repayment plans/payment extensions based on account and other information in accordance with finance regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Ensured accuracy and completeness of management notices (system generated debts), pay loss documentation (debts manually input) and payment history as well as other account information.
- Served as point of contact for delinquent customers.
- Proposed debt collection/recovery procedures per SOP.
Associates In Arts