Music Therapist Resume
Objective : Music Therapist works with little supervision and enjoy working independently, comfortable with an unconventional work atmosphere.
Skills : Musician, Management.
- Developed a grant-funded Music Therapy program hospital-wide.
- Led music therapy groups and individual sessions in the areas of adolescent psychiatric, adult psychiatric, eating disorders.
- Facilitated ICU/Cardiac care study at HPH in conjunction with the Music Therapist at ENH.
- Developed assessment forms, pain and anxiety forms, developed care plans and helped to implement into hospital-wide computer charting system (EPIC).
- Attended staff meetings and medical rounds.
- Researched and assisted in grant writing for program funding.
- Presented, educated, and provided Continuing Education presentations on "Music Therapy, an integral part of patient care.
Sr. Music Therapist Resume
Summary : To obtain a position as a Board-Certified Music Therapist working to restore, improve, and maintain the highest quality of life for patients in need of emotional, spiritual, psychological, social or physical support.
Skills : Experience singing, playing guitars in bands and teaching guitar lessons for multiple years.
- Provided music therapy to enhance, enrich, and preserve one's quality of life for patients in all settings from hospitals.
- Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing facilities to pt's homes and Seasons' In-Patient Unit.
- Collaborated with an interdisciplinary team to provide excellent patient care.
- Completed Counseling Skills course and working towards becoming a certified Hospice and Palliative Care Music Therapist.
- Experienced in developing and documenting treatment plans; Referral forms, physician's orders, initial assessment.,
- Provided excellent Internship Supervision to Music Therapy Interns.
- Provided Bereavement services for pt's families, community, and facilities through carrying bereavement caseload, caregiver bereavement groups.
Jr. Music therapist Resume
Objective : To further expand professional skills within or beyond the clinical setting. Responsible to provide music therapy to clients in a 1:1 or group setting.
Skills : Music Therapy Training, Memory Care Experience, Intellectual Disability Experience, Rehabilitation Experience, Psych Experience, Managerial Experience.
- Assessed each client and continuing music therapy during their admission and future admissions in the hospital.
- Assisted in supervising music therapy interns throughout their entire six-month internship at the hospital.
- Collaborated with community donors and the foundation department in raising funds for the expressive arts program.
- Provided both group and individual sessions for students ages with emotional and intellectual disabilities in an educational setting.
- Conducted chorus, with weekly rehearsals and various performances throughout the year.
- Provided music therapy for adults with mental illness/substance abuse.
- Planned, prepared, and executed Music Therapy sessions.
Music Therapist I Resume
Objective : Over fifteen years of experience in supporting hospital based information management systems with a strong focus on the organizations operational and analytical data needs. Solid skills with; IT systems development life cycle project management, gaining subject matter expertise, working with data models, utilizing developer tools and working in a highly productive team environment.
Skills : Word, Excel, Type 60 Wpm, 10 Key By Touch, Works, Creative Writing, Press Releases.
- Developed a psychiatric treatment plan, using individualized needs assessment.
- Planned, organized, and directed medically prescribed individual and group music therapy sessions as part of mental.
- Directed group and individual instrumental and vocal music activities designed to meet patients' physical or psychological needs.
- Coached patients during individual/group sessions with music & music projective techniques, such as progressive relaxation.
- Provided direct patient care/treatment in behavioral health.
- Provided individual music therapy sessions to clients of various ages and diagnoses.
- Provided group and individual music therapy groups for children who have been exposed to domestic violence.
Music Therapist II Resume
Headline : Music Therapist that can use their high level of musicianship, as well as professional training at postgraduate level, to connect with and support clients.
Skills : Piano, Guitar, And Voice Efficiently For Individual.
- Assessed the patient's needs and plan music therapy interventions to best meet patients' needs.
- Attended IDT meetings and discuss changes in patient and treatment goals.
- Scheduled visits with individual patients and families to implement treatment plans.
- Provided support for patients, families, and staff.
- Educated the company and the community on the benefits of music therapy through in-services and presentations.
- Documented assessments and progress notes for each client, which included individualized goals, treatment plans.
- Collaborated with teachers and other therapists as well as each student's Individualized Education Plan (IEPs).
Music Therapist III Resume
Summary : Position as Music Therapist in a healthcare setting applying therapeutic music interventions to assist clients in recovering from mental, emotional and physical disabilities.
Skills : Alto Saxophone, Guitar, Piano, Ukulele, Percussion basics, Garage Band - iPad and desktop.
- Implemented assessments for individualized service.
- Provided music therapy services to individuals and groups in community, clinic, and clients' homes.
- Led Neurologic Music Therapy therapy groups.
- Conducted school-based music therapy sessions to meet IEP services.
- Led sessions with Indiana Waiver and Private Pay clients including adults and children with developmental disabilities.
- Attended multi-disciplinary meetings to discuss and plan treatment measures for Indiana Waiver clients.
- Worked as a full-time and part-time Music Therapist for nursing homes in the NYC area.
- Developed patients' cognitive and social skills by playing familiar songs in solo and group settings to encourage their memory and word recognition.
Asst. Music Therapist Resume
Objective : A creative and resourceful educator and music therapist, seeking a Music Therapist position in a developmental environment committed to the growth of children and young adults.
Skills : Rehabilitation Experience, Psych Experience, Managerial Experience.
- Encourages clients to use a range of accessible musical instruments, such as percussion and their own voice, to express themselves.
- Encourages clients' participation and supporting them musicians.
- Helps clients explore sound to create a musical language of their own.
- Improvises with music as a reaction to what your clients are communicating to enhance the individual nature of your relationship.
- Plans, reviews and assesses therapy sessions to monitor their effectiveness and to help plan following sessions.
- Records therapy sessions, with your clients' consent.
- Supports your clients' creative development.
- Helps clients develop an increased self-awareness.
Associate Music Therapist Resume
Headline : Worked in the US as an LCSW and a Music Therapist in many different capacities. Spent the last eleven years working in Mexico with children and adolescents.
Skills : Musician, Management.
- Worked with developmentally disabled adults at Porterville Developmental Center.
- Provided music therapy services, group, and individual counseling.
- Served as a Qualified Mental Health Retardation Professional.
- Formed a marching band the Porterville Players who had many televised performances.
- Integrated these members into a McDonalds Special Olympics Band.
- Organized the whole band camp and performance as withdrawn funding.
- Utilized existing resources on facility grounds for room and board.
Lead Music Therapist Resume
Summary : Music Therapist (MUTH) provides music therapy to assigned Client(s). The Music Therapist must satisfy the requirements of the Music Therapist as outlined in 460 IAC 6-5-15. including a Criminal History and Background Policy and the Training Procedure. The Music Therapist must comply with applicable laws, regulations, LEL's Policies and Procedures Manual and support LEL's Mission and Vision.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Developing and implementing a music therapy program for each Client per their respective ISP
- Documenting and monitoring services
- Collaborating with the LEL Management team to assure Client(s) program meets state requirements
- Maintaining positive relationships with Clients, families and staff
- Encouraging the Client(s) to participate fully, offer choices and options, encourage the Client(s) to use existing skills
- Demonstrating the ability to provide services in accordance with the Client(s) ISP
- Providing a safe environment for the Client(s) with disabilities being served
- Providing services in the Client(s) residence, being respectful of their environment, family and family culture
Music Therapist Resume
Objective : Music Therapist works with other Rehabilitation Services staff to provide therapeutic activity programs on treatment units and, at times, in a centralized program area called Main Street. The Music Therapist works as part of an interdisciplinary team and is a team member for their assigned unit.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Sets goals for clients on an individual basis
- Selects specific activities and exercises to assist the consumers in their progress
- Uses techniques such as singing, listening, instrumental music composition, creative movement, guided imagery, and other methods deemed appropriate for each client.
- Plans and conducts daily recovery groups, manages group process/dynamics so as to maximize patient participation and positive objective outcomes. Implements individualized behavior plans and MHT mentoring.
- Maintains creative, stimulating groups and room environment.
- Assesses and reassesses patients' strengths and needs and achievement of goals and objectives on the treatment plan.
- Performs timely, complete, accurate, and legible documentation of services provided that is consistent with professional standards, facility procedures, and department requirements.
- Takes initiative to make cooperative efforts with colleagues and other facility staff to meet needs of patients.