Behavioral Therapist Resume
Headline : Compassionate and empathetic Behavioral Therapist dedicated to providing care and implementing effective treatment plans for children, adolescents, and adults. Eager and motivated to learning and helping others. Works well under pressure and communicating ideas clearly and effectively. Team player while keeping the client's best interest at the forefront. A highly motivated individual with a diverse range of security and counseling experience. Seeking a position within your organization with further opportunity for advancement.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Case Management, Organizational, Management, Customer Service, Conflict Resolution, Relationship Management, Medical Terminology
- Conducted individual, family, and group sessions with children, adolescents, and adults ages 30+ in the in-patient setting.
- Responsible for the treatment of adolescents in the adolescent acute unit.
- Treatment included completing biopsychosocial assessments, contacting legal guardians, creating individualized treatment plans, holding individual, family, and group sessions, attend weekly staffings and coordinated discharge planning.
- Consulted psych technicians and nurses regarding clients behaviors to determine if the best course of treatment is being followed.
- Provided progress letters for clients involved in legal matters or having specific follow up needs.
- Coordinated follow up care with providers for clients such as outpatient counseling or longer-term care.
- Completed peer reviews on a monthly basis to ensure compliance for various agencies.
- Worked in a fast paced environment to meet the needs of clients in a timely manner.
- Responsible for providing a set number of session s per week for each client depending upon the unit the client is on.
Masters of Science
Behavioral Health Therapist Resume
Objective : Behavioral Health Therapist with cognitive-behavior therapy experience and adaptable people skills. Versed in school, family and teenager problems. Seeks a challenging role in helping and advising those in need. To obtain a job that allows me to work and counsel in a culturally diverse environment, and to help patients with psychological and addiction issues.
Skills : Documentation, Analytical/Research, Exceptional Listener, Planning And Organizing, Communication
- Attended meetings and training necessary for professional development and as required by the unit of the therapist.
- Conducted behavioral therapy, play therapy, narrative therapy, among others.
- Identified family members, social networks, and community systems that need to be included in treatment plans for patients.
- Collaborated with health specialists and civic groups to determine community health needs.
- Counseled parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family.
- Conducted individual therapy with adolescent, parents, and family sessions.
- Designed and conducted evaluations and diagnostic studies to assess the quality and performance of the emotional education program.
- Determined whether patients should be counseled or referred to other specialists.
- Interviewed patients to gather data of social and psychiatric relevance, prepared diagnostic evaluations utilizing DSM-IV or other diagnostic tools.
Bachelor Of Science
Headline : Licensed, Master's level Counselor/Therapist fully committed to providing the highest possible standards of quality service and support. Self-starter; can be depended on to complete tasks under minimal supervision. Exceptional work ethic with a concentration on positive results and outcome attainment. Administrative experience running and coordinating services for both Primary Care and Mental Health Clinics within the facility. To secure a rewarding position in counseling in which my experience, education, and interpersonal skills will be of value.
Skills : Substance Abuse, Addictions, Mental Health, Domestic Violence Counseling, Suicide Counseling, Substance Abuse Counseling
- Developing the treatment plan by establishing treatment goals with the client, determining treatment methodologies.
- Diagnosing client's problems by collecting and evaluating information about the client's situation.
- Advising the client by suggesting and exploring resolutions, discussing progress toward goals.
- Attending regular supervision and staff meetings, monitoring progress toward treatment goals by evaluating and adjusting services provided.
- Assuring quality service for clients by enforcing rules, regulations, and legal requirements with clients, documenting events of the therapeutic process.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, conducting research projects.
- Maintaining agency credibility by establishing working relationships with sponsors, advisory, and related service agencies.
- Promoting the agency by ensuring an understanding of program services available for clients, publicizing activities and accomplishments, adhering to a professional code of ethics.
M. Ed in Early Childhood
Objective : Dedicated and enthusiastic Counselor/Therapist with over four years' experience in counseling and administration. Proven expertise in establishing rapport and building trust with clients from a variety of backgrounds, including victims of domestic violence, co-occurring diagnoses, and forensic populations. Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to partner across departments to meet the needs of clients. To work in a professional setting where my clinical skills, supervision experience, management skills, and professionalism can be an asset for that company.
Skills : Group Facilitation, Individual Counseling, Organizational, Communication, Adaptability, Patience, Outgoing, Hard Working
- Providing evidence-based clinical interventions to assist adults and children to change faulty cognitions, negative behavior patterns and help the individual come to a resolution or solution about issues.
- Providing applied behavior analysis, relaxation training, social skills training, disputing challenging, explaining and teaching.
- Completing service/treatment plans specific to the client's diagnosis and symptoms.
- Providing treatment in the least restrictive environment possible such as the home/community or office.
- Providing crisis intervention, client advocacy, prevention, education, and thorough clinical assessments.
- Linking, coordinating, making referrals, for client's holistic care to ensure total treatment.
- Working with guardians and other legally responsible individuals to ensure that clients receive the support, care, and services needed.
- Assessing the appropriate and current level of services and make recommendations as needed.
Master's in Counseling
Senior Therapist Resume
Summary : Compassionate, person-centered, solutions-oriented Senior Therapist dedicated to providing exceptional services and devising creative treatment plans for those in need of social services. Outgoing with strong and effective organizational and communication skills. Team player and able to use own initiative to achieve company objectives. To obtain a therapist position within a diverse setting that will allow me to possess my professional skills.
Skills : Inpatient, Outpatient, Supervisor, School Counselor, Adjunct Faculty, Emergency Services, Electronic Medical Records, Crisis Intervention
- Directed family-centered, strengths-based, culturally competent and individualized intakes and assessments.
- Facilitated a smooth discharge by encouraging and reassuring clients throughout their transitions.
- Ran individual therapy and family therapy sessions for children age 13 to 18.
- Maintained a caseload of more than 9 abused and neglected children in a group home placement.
- Developed goal-oriented psycho-educational and activity therapy groups to improve clients' level of functioning.
- Kept abreast of new and developing information in the mental health field by regularly attending professional conferences and workshops.
- Presented case history material to review and discussion with other staff members.
- Documented psychiatric services and responses to treatment in patient case files.
Ph.D. in Clinical Social Work
Therapist/Social Worker Resume
Headline : Therapist/Social Worker with a background in working with the mentally ill homeless population using excellent client evaluation skills and the ability to locate and promote appropriate community services for clients. Background in counseling in a behavioral health inpatient and outpatient setting working with individuals, groups, and families, as well as direct practice experience with the geriatric population.
Skills : Court Management Software, Lotus Notes, Carelogic, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Analytical/Research, Exceptional Listener, Planning And Organizing, Communication
- Performing senior level IFI work involving mental health services in the community.
- Providing case management, crisis intervention, direct care and advocacy services.
- Performing intake assessment and monitoring the client's behavior in relation to the treatment plan.
- Completing treatment planning with the customer, participating in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Ensuring culturally competent services are available to all consumers complete discharge summaries after the end of the authorization period.
- Selecting achievements successfully garner support for community linkages to provide to the families as needed.
- Securing rehabilitative wrap-around services to prevent the need for out-of-home placement and/or more restrictive services.
- Utilizing referrals, collaborating with other health care professionals to reach therapeutic goals for clients.
- Conducting family and individual therapy sessions to improve family and adolescent functioning.
Clinical Social Worker - Therapist Resume
Headline : Clinical Social Worker Therapist with extensive experience as a counselor, case manager, therapist and in management roles. A clinical lead of a team providing psycho-social services to 70 to 90 clients. A team-oriented and individual focus on strength-based and client-centered applications with an enthusiastic approach to team development, management tasks, and client care, providing orientation, training, and consultation to other staff.
Skills : Wordperfect, Powerpoint, Excel, Problem Solving Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Applied Suicide Intervention Training
- Conducting group session five times a week along with fill in for colleagues when needed.
- Compassing intervention center utilizes an evidence-based treatment approach for children that have experienced various types of trauma.
- Facilitating trauma group, which provides a safe environment for patients to process the cognitions, emotions, and loss that trauma causes.
- Maintaining confidentiality of records relating to clients treatment.
- Encouraging clients to express their feelings and discussing what is happening in their lives, and helping them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Guiding clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Preparing and maintaining all required treatment records and reports. Completing assessments and treatment plans within the required time frames.
- Counseling clients, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, and making changes.
Master in Social Work
Physical Therapist Technician Resume
Summary : Physical Therapist Technician with experience mentoring and servicing youth in urban settings. Skills include experience determining client/customer needs and providing resources and recommendations while utilizing time-management and organizational abilities mixed with a self-motivated approach to the social service industry. Seeking a full-time employment position as a behavioral health therapist that will allow me to develop and implement mental health treatment services to assist in the recovery of individuals who suffer from mental health issues.
Skills : Family Therapy, Adolescents, Dual Diagnosis, Anxiety And Depression, Proficient In Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, Access And PowerPoint
- Performing senior level core service work involving the delivery of mental health services to teens, adolescents, and their families who are in need of counseling and/or psychotherapy services in the community.
- Providing case management, crisis intervention, direct care, and advocacy services.
- Performing intake assessments and monitoring client's behavior in relation to treatment plan goals and the client's needs.
- Providing consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems and compliance with treatment.
- Maintaining a caseload of individuals with personal and social behavior problems including severe mental illnesses.
- Completing treatment planning with the consumer and participate in the interdisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Providing on-call service, providing in-home services as needed, and ensuring that culturally competent services are available to all consumers.
- Following up with youth and their families with counseling and case management services.
Clinical Therapist Resume
Headline : Social worker and Clinical Therapist bringing more than 5 years of experience in counseling individuals of various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, including children, adolescents, and adults. Organized therapist, successful at managing multiple priorities while maintaining a strong work ethic and exhibiting a positive attitude. Interested in obtaining employment working with children, adolescents, and adults to address mental health issues as a clinical therapist or as a mental health provider.
Skills : Seeking Safety, DBT, Substance Abuse, Case Management, Motivational Interviewing, Electronic Medical Records, Crisis Intervention
- Responsibilities include providing clinical support and intervention in a private practice setting, to children, adolescents, adults, families, and groups with an identified mental health or substance abuse diagnosis.
- Assisting the individual with long and short term goal identification, reduction of symptoms, and progress through their individual recovery process.
- Educating clients on how to establish healthy coping and belief systems through the utilization of basic psychological theories and principles.
- Completing progress notes and the necessary paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
- Efficiently gathering information from families and social services agencies to inform the development of treatment plans.
- Conducting comprehensive initial in-home psychosocial assessments prior to first wraparound meetings.
- Quickly responding to crisis situations when severe mental health and behavioral issues arose.
- Working with outpatient and inpatient women who struggle with eating disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders.
Masters of Science
Behavior Analysis Therapist Resume
Summary : Detail-oriented Applied Behavior Analysis Therapist, effective at working with clients from a wide range of backgrounds. Passionate about providing meaningful support and services to all clients. Seeking Professional Career with a reputable company that can utilize my technical, business, and human relations skills. Intent to provide proficient social work service manifesting evidenced-based therapeutic and rehabilitative approaches to problems of individuals, families, and groups of all ages with substantial diverse experience in a variety of professional settings and ethnic cultures.
Skills : Interviewing, Eclectic Therapeutic Interventions, Creativity, Team Player, Educator/presenter, Continuous Learner, Self-care, Family Therapy, Ask For Help, Planning, Program Development, Visionary, Mindfulness, Problem Solving,
- Assisting with family assessment, treatment, planning, and delivery.
- Reviewing, approving, and compiling documentation of services provided to meet contractual agreements individual case review to assure the integrity of both service and reporting.
- Advocating for the client regarding rights and community resources guidance and counseling and crisis intervention assistance to aid students in determining options.
- Adhering to specific client treatment goals, adhering to patient safety standards, assuring patient rights, achieving positive, sustainable outcomes with youth presenting serious clinical problems maintain individual record information, including progress notes.
- Providing services designed to promote youth integration into the community.
- Meeting with individuals on an individual basis to review progress toward meeting goals identified on the individual treatment plan, complete program plan updates.
- Providing comprehensive assessment and diagnostic services for an adult in the substance abuse population.
- Collaborating with the community and social service agency to provide need to the client.
Masters of Science