Community Liaison/Physical Therapist Resume
Summary : Licensed Community Liaison/Physical Therapist with a DPT degree and diverse working experience with a patient population ranging from pediatrics to geriatrics. Proven ability to deliver quality patient care in all settings, extending from the school environment to that of a fast-paced, high-volume hospital. Enthusiastic team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, deeply committed to achieving superior patient outcomes. To obtain a challenging position in an esteemed health organization that would enable me to practice my clinical skills and educational experience.
Skills : PT Treatments/Techniques Expert, Manual Therapeutic Exercise Expert, Case Management Intermediate, Quality And Consistency Of Care Expert
- Currently, performing home care physical therapy for independent living residents at a continuing care retirement community.
- Primary responsibilities include performing assessments and developing treatment plans, administering treatments, engaging in interdisciplinary communication, procuring equipment, and discharge planning.
- Playing an integral role in transitioning residents from home care to outpatient therapy services.
- Serving as lead physical therapist/mentor and participating in new employee orientation and state accreditation surveys.
- Developing and delivering educational in-services to therapy staff and home health aides.
- Serving as physical therapy representative on visiting nurse services physician advisory committee, community-wide falls intervention team, and departmental quality improvement committee.
- Member of the corporate task force to develop and implement maintenance therapy services at various sites across the enterprise.
- Performing community-wide presentations for residents in an independent living community.
BS in Physical Therapy
Physical Therapist Aide Resume
Headline : Experienced Physical Therapist Aide well-versed in a broad range of planning, treatments, and modalities for restoring function and mitigating disability. Capable of assessing, testing, and measuring patient status, formulating therapy programs, charting progress and making projections, Specializes in devising unique and efficient physical therapy program for elderly patients. To utilize my clinical and educational experience towards the rehabilitation of individuals with functional limitations.
Skills : Manual Therapy Certification, McKenzie And Mulligan Training, Kinesiotaping Certification, CPR And First Aide Certified
- Provided physical therapy services for 320-bed skilled nursing and long-term care facility.
- Assessed patients' rehabilitative needs, jointly developed a patient plan of care and treatment goals for medically complex geriatric patients.
- Trained and supervised pt assistants, PT and PTA students in all physical- rehabilitation-therapy treatments.
- Restored function for patients and prevented/lessened disabilities following disease or profound injury (including loss of limb, traumatic brain injury, stroke, joint replacements, and cardiorespiratory etiologies).
- Planned and administered treatments, modalities and therapeutic exercise programs encompassing active and passive ranges of motion, muscle re-education, ultrasound and heat/water/ice/electrical stimulation.
- Performed diagnostic and prognostic exams to evaluate muscle, nerve, joint and functional abilities.
- Excelled in the ability to customize/adapt conventional pt techniques to meet the special needs of individual patients.
- Earned repeated commendations from supervisor and patients for providing high-quality, compassionate care helping patients to maximize their success and live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Evaluated and formulated a plan of care for outpatients with a variety of orthopedic, neurological and cardiorespiratory diagnosis to enhance their functional independence in the community.
Masters Of Health Science
Physical Therapist Assistant Resume
Headline : Experienced Community Liaison/Physical Therapist in assessment, evaluation and treatment determination for patient's injury or illness. Also, have the experience in determining factors such as physical, environmental or work that may contribute to aggravation, recurrence and slowing the treatment process. Have experience in documentation of evaluation, treatment, and progress of the patients referred.
Skills : Chronic Pain Management Instructor, Credentialed Clinical Instructor, Acute Care, Outpatient Orthopedic, Skilled Nursing Facility, Outpatient Pediatrics, Durable Medical Equipment, Orthotics
- Evaluated and treated a wide range of conditions, including Chronic And Acute Pain, Disc Prolapse, Whiplash, Dislocations, Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's, Stroke And Neuropathies.
- Planned and administered a range of treatments and therapeutic exercise programs involving active and passive ranges of motion and muscle reeducation.
- Managed a high-volume caseload and organized the daily schedules of physical therapy assistants and patients.
- Trained and oriented new physical therapists and physical therapy assistants.
- Diligently observed patient safety, risk management, and infection control policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicated effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care.
- Contributed to team meetings and collaborated with management in the decision-making process.
- Consistently exhibited courtesy, compassion, and respect to patients, families, caregivers, visitors, physicians, administrators, and co-workers.
- Educated patients and family members regarding diagnosis, injury prevention, and therapeutic treatments.
Doctorate Of Physical Therapy
Lead Physical Therapist Resume
Summary : Lead Physical Therapist possessing over 18 years experience in orthopedic, aquatic, vestibular and wound management therapy treating a diverse and complex patient population (neuromuscular skeletal and cardiopulmonary dysfunctions) in a variety of clinical settings including level II trauma hospitals (ICU/CCU, medical/surgical), out/inpatient orthopedic, cardiopulmonary, home health, hospice and rehabilitation facilities. To obtain a faculty physical therapist position in higher education which will fully utilize my work experience, personal skill set, and educational background.
Skills : Manual Therapy, Muscle Energy Techniques, Mulligan Manual Therapy, Mayo-fascial Release, Kinesio Taping, Manual Traction
- Directing patient care in home health, outpatient, and hospice setting for patients with joint dysfunction/injury/surgery/replacement, TBI/CVA vestibular management, cardiopulmonary management, wound care for diabetic and bacterial infections, sci management, wheelchair fit/adjustments/maintenance, residual limb, and prosthesis management.
- Scheduling staff, monthly rehabilitation meetings, and in-services to facilitate appropriate distribution of workload, exchange of information and training on new equipment/procedures.
- Projecting and maintaining a budget in a dynamic healthcare reimbursement market.
- Maintaining current licenses, credentials, and certifications for employees and modality equipment.
- Working cooperatively with peers to contribute to the overall productivity of the team ensure that patient/family understands when and how to receive further treatment.
- Managing paperwork for all patients consistently meeting patient care productivity standard for the position.
- Evaluating and treating a diverse patient population with a broad spectrum of pathologies ranging from CVAs to low back pain.
- Assisting and facilitating a team of therapists in best serving our physical therapy clients.
Masters in Physical Therapy
Certified Physical Therapist Assistant Resume
Objective : A highly skilled Physical therapist with extensive experience in disabled patient care, enthusiastic to get the position in a rehabilitation center or hospital where I can make the most of my qualifications and Physiotherapy skills. Seeking a position as a Licensed Physical Therapist in a healthcare center that would enable me to use my previous experiences and knowledge in the treatment of disabled people to move and work in their rest of life.
Skills : PT Differential Diagnosis, Manual, Neuromuscular Re-Education, Gait Training, Research, Evidence-Based Care, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Complex Patient Care Management, Cardiac, Neurological, Orthopedic And Highly Involved Patients With Comorbidities.
- Routinely taking usual and special precautions relative to the age, medical history and condition of the patient, and the type of treatment being given.
- Regularly reassessing clinical signs and symptoms to determine the effectiveness of treatment, progression towards goals, and the need for modification of treatment and/or goals.
- Implementing the treatment program through direct treatment of the patient.
- Delegating a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel.
- Coordinating the treatment plan and participating in discharge planning with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Participating in relevant patient care rounds and case management conferences.
- Providing advice and education to the patient and family.
- Discharging patients from physical therapy services when skilled therapy is no longer medically necessary and when clinically appropriate.
- Upholding the Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
Doctor Of Physical Therapy
Staff Physical Therapist Resume
Objective : Self-motivated, hard-working Staff Physical Therapist with outstanding people skills, easy adaptability and ability to work effectively with people of all levels. Collaborative minded professional with strong written and oral communication skills which have grown after working as a Physical Therapist Aide. Confident, energetic and ambitious with a positive attitude. In search Physical Therapy PRN position with a reputable company that offers a great working atmosphere with an excellent clinical setting.
Skills : Manual Therapy, Kinesiotape, Dry Needling, Sports Medicine, Chronic Pain, Exercise Prescription, Clinical Instructor For Students
- Screening, examining and evaluating patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measure, synthesize information and interpreting examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis.
- Identifying impairments, determining the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identifying precautions/contraindications and determining the plan of care.
- Developing appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers.
- Implementing the physical therapy treatment plan and completing all related documentation and records keeping regarding these services.
- Instructing patients in skills and techniques required for participation in mobility activities and evaluating patient's progress, attitudes and behavior as related to rehabilitative potential.
- Performing routine examination as needed/required to modify/progress plan of treatment.
- Attending and contributing to patient care, staffing conferences, and other related meetings.
- Making referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
- Consulting with other members of the rehabilitative team to select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
Bachelor in Physical Therapy
Lead Physical Therapist Resume
Summary : Caring Lead Physical Therapist with strong interpersonal skills and proficiency in patient assessment, time management, and therapy-program design and execution. Hardworking, compassionate Physical Therapist offering 25 years of experience ranging from acute care, SNF, orthopedics, geriatrics, and expertise in home care. Licensed in the state of Ohio with solid credentials. To practice as an outpatient physical therapist with the adult and/or pediatric populations. Looking for a full-time position that has growth potential and the option for continuing education.
Skills : CPR Certified, Mulligans Technique Of Mobilization, Upper Quarter And Lower Quarter Clinical Neurodynamics, Kinesiotaping
- Planning individually-designed treatment programs to restore, maintain and improve physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent disability.
- Conducting precise assessments of patient conditions and functional abilities.
- Diligently observing patient safety, risk management, and infection control policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicating effectively with other care providers to provide for continuity of patient care.
- Contributing to team meetings and collaborating with management in the decision-making process.
- Consistently exhibiting courtesy, compassion, and respect to patients, families, caregivers, physicians, administrators, and co-workers.
- Treating each patient according to a written plan of care to meet predetermined goals.
- Demonstrating a clear written and oral communication skills when working with health care professionals, patients, and caregivers.
BS in Physical Therapy
Senior Physical Therapist Resume
Headline : Doctor of Physical Therapy, Exercise Physiologist, and Personal Trainer. Experience in a variety of settings including acute care, inpatient, ICU, outpatient, pediatric, and homecare. A dynamic team player who works well in an independent setting. Team coaching of APTA evidence-based practice and procedures in the acute care setting. A passion for improving patient outcomes by teaching and coaching others. Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and computer skills with the ability to multitask and problem solve.
Skills : Advanced Patient Assessment, Expert Diagnostics/Prognostics, Advanced Case Management, Advanced Patient Relations, Expert Team Training/Supervision: Intermediate
- Accessing healthcare physicians physical therapist in outpatient setting, comprehensive rehab for patients with disabilities, injuries, and/or diseases.
- Utilizing evidence-based practice test and measures in accordance with APTA guidelines to ensure high-quality care.
- Performing initial evaluation, developing a therapy plan of care and provide input to discharge plan for patients.
- Optimizing rehabilitation plans by incorporating knowledge of pathophysiology, disease processes and specific precautions/contraindications to movement or exercise that accompany various surgeries.
- Using knowledge of laboratory tests and laboratory values to assess the impact of therapeutic modalities.
- Supervising physical therapist assistants performance of therapeutic treatments.
- Providing detailed documentation in accordance with policies and procedures use of Systems4pt software program and Revflow software programs guest speaker at the biannual access healthcare physicians pod symposium.
- Designing individualized home exercise programs to help restore function, lessen pain and reduce disability.
Doctor Of Science
Senior Physical Therapist Resume
Summary : Licensed Senior Physical Therapist seeking employment where my 08 years of experience in various healthcare settings will be utilized for the wellbeing of patients. To work in a challenging environment, where I can provide highly competent and skilled Clinical Physical Therapy Services. To develop more clinical, academic & research skills in the field of Physical Therapy.
Skills : Organized And Detailed Oriented, Gentle And Skilled With Therapy Procedure, Skilled Nursing Facility
- Coordinated, delegated and supervised responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (PTA, Medical Assistant, PT Aide, etc.)
- Provided clinical instruction to physical therapy assistants/aids and physical therapy students and mentorship of physical therapy residents.
- Promoted an environment of advanced clinical reasoning and teaching in all aspects of their practice.
- Coordinated and directs patient care to ensure patients’ needs are met and hospital policy is followed.
- Consulted other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Communicated appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administrative team.
- Directed and delegated appropriately Physical Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapy Aides, student assistants, Medical Assistants, and volunteers.
- Maintained records pertaining to the department
- Managed caseload independently, asks for help as workload/census varies and volunteers available time to other clinicians
Master's Of Physical Therapy
Center Manager/Physical Therapist Resume
Summary : Doctor of physical therapy with more than 12 years clinical experienced in areas of physical dysfunction and disabilities like neurological disorders, major joint replacements, neck and back pain, gait disturbances, prosthetic training, and preventative geriatrics. Seeking to obtain a position in a physical therapy department, where I can utilize my clinical and educational experience; and to ultimately expand my understanding and knowledge of the clinical aspects of the physical therapy practice.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Casamba, PointClickCare, Patient Care And Education, Manual Therapy, McKenzie Diagnosis And Treatment For Cervical, Thoracic, And Lumbar Spine
- Providing comprehensive evaluations and testing, physical therapy treatments, and education to seriously ill patients or those having complex medical problems and families which are consistent with patient's individualized needs and carried out within an interdisciplinary environment.
- Assisting in supervising staff and students and in developing in-service training programs for continuing staff development.
- Participating in routine evaluations of quality assurance activities and consistency with established standards for patient care.
- Providing guidance and instruction on an ongoing basis to ensure efficient operations and supervises students and support staff.
- Communicating regularly with members of the patient care team, the patient, family members and others involved with the patient's care.
- Assessing and assisting the staff in assessing complex patients and problems.
- Instructing and training patient and family regarding pertinent aspects of the patient's care.
- Offering the patient increased knowledge and skill within an identified area of expertise.