Nuclear Machinist Mate Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Nuclear Machinist Mate with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Computer Application Programming, Regulation knowledge.
- Maintained exam score average above academic standards.
- Upheld security of confidential documents.
- Monitored, recorded and analyzed reactor/steam plant subsystem and water parameters.
- Coordinated and performed power plant watches.
- Studied and implemented theories in mathematics, physics, thermodynamics, and reactor principles.
- Responsible for musters, military personnel supervision, plant operation and handling of confidential material and procedures.
- Maintained a high level of knowledge of position.
BS In Nuclear Engineering
Nuclear Machinist Mate Resume
Summary : Seeking a rewarding and challenging position within a company which would utilize and enhance education and the experience and technical knowledge of various technologies gained with over 28 years in the power generation industry.
Skills : New Jersey 3rd Class Stationary Engineers License College.
- Maintained an inventory of hundreds of pieces of a equipment, tools, and parts.
- Completed technical writing for all high level of essentiality work packages for Reactor Propulsion division during Reactor Complex Overhaul (RCOH).
- Successful completed and tested of 600 work packages.
- Improved overall maintenance practices as lead Quality Assurance Inspector for Reactor Propulsion division.
- Responsible for overall operation and maintenance of (2) 550 MW nuclear-powered plants with Babcock & Wilcox pressurized water reactor plants.
- Expeditiously qualified as Chief Reactor Watch, a supervisory position normally held by personnel more senior.
- Responsible for the operational readiness of steam catapult operations, ship propulsion, electrical power, and also the coordination and supervision of seven subordinate personnel.
B.S. In Mechatronics Engineering
Jr. Nuclear Machinist Mate Resume
Summary : Strong background in operations and maintenance. Navy Nuclear veteran. B.S. degree in Renewable Energy.
Skills : Operations, Hydraulics, Maintenance, Pneumatics, CAD, Safety, PLC, Pumps, Customer Service.
- Supervised a watch team of 7 personnel in the machinery room while at sea.
- Performed tasks such as electric power generation, distillation, and operating propulsion turbines, pumps and air compressors.
- Operated and maintained steam turbines and reduction gears used for ship propulsion and auxiliary machinery such as turbine generators, pumps and oil purifiers.
- Operated and maintained compressed gas producing plants.
- Recorded flows, levels, temperatures, pressures, etc.
- Performed chemical analysis on steam system condensate.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of Naval nuclear propulsion steam plant and reactor plant Supervision of engine room personnel .
B.S. In Renewable Energy
Asst. Nuclear Machinist Mate Resume
Summary : Experience operating and performing maintenance and repairs on mechanical systems, including the reactor room and engine room and related components. University trained in chemical analysis and identification. Understanding of complex tasks/information, and effectively communicating results and data.
Skills : Engineering System Schematics, Problem Solving.
- Operated equipment in nuclear power plant to include turbine generators and distilling plants.
- Performed preventative maintenance on valves, pumps.
- Operated Nuclear Power Plants.
- Qualified up to Chief Reactor Operator Watch and 8 other qualified watches for nuclear plant operations.
- Qualified in many repair operations the most important of these were primary valve repair, and nuclear hydrostatic testing.
- Worked with Norfolk Naval Shipyard in rewriting a training evolution procedure for the Navy.
- Trained as Engineering Laboratory Technician.
Associate In Applied Science
Associate Nuclear Machinist Mate Resume
Summary : Six years of extensive maintenance and operational experience serving as a Nuclear Machinist Mate in the Naval Submarine Service to include Quality Assurance Inspector, Quality Assurance Planner and Work Center Supervisor, 3M Work Center Supervisor, Refrigeration Technician, High Pressure Air Compressor Technician, Reverse Osmosis Unit and Water Production Technician, Machine Tool Operator, Reactor Plant Maintenance Planner, Nuclear Propulsion Plant Cleanliness Inspector, Radiological Maintenance Expert and Personnel Coordinator.
Skills : Management, Higher Education Administration, FERPA Compliance, Budget Forecasting, Leadership.
- Volunteered for many nuclear maintenance evolutions.
- Handled radioactive material safely and performed various radiological surveys.
- Greated skills with repairing various mechanical systems above Navy qualifications.
- Trained as an outside machinist.
- Accountable for scheduling and execution of over 90 highly technical Reactor Plant maintenance items in support of safe and efficient operations of a Naval Nuclear Propulsion Plant.
- Generated over 30 Controlled Work Packages and Formal Work Packages to ensure execution of the highest level of Quality Assurance in repairs to seawater, steam, high pressure air and reactor plant systems.
- Supervised completion of over 20 sensitive maintenance items to verify standards of Steam Plant and Reactor Plant Cleanliness maintained.
Nuclear Machinist Mate III Resume
Headline : Nuclear Machinist Mate is responsible for the management of the nuclear propulsion conversion program. The job entails a wide range of activities, including planning, budgeting, negotiating and overseeing contracts, engineering support and training, maintenance of equipment and facilities, developing project plans and budgets on an annual basis, managing personnel and schedules.
Skills : Highly proficient in hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical.
- Maintained proper control, handling, stowage and issuance of Controlled Material of various types of Level of Essentiality.
- Conducted numerous inspections of retests demanding strict Quality Assurance requirements for seawater, steam, high pressure air and reactor plant systems.
- Executed over 40 maintenance items as a technical expert for multiple support systems, to include an R-134 refrigeration unit compressor replacement, three High Pressure Air Compressor overhauls and four Reverse Osmosis Unit complete pump rebuilds.
- Demonstrated superior sensitivity and expertise in Radiological Controls in the performance of over 15 major Reactor Plant maintenance evolutions.
- Regularly facilitated transfer of over 12,000 gallons of diesel fuel for use as fuel reserve in emergency situations while deployed abroad.
- Managed, mentored and trained junior personnel on a day to day basis through rigorous qualification processes, professional development and achievement of technical expertise in the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program.
- Used tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
Bachelor Of Science
Nuclear Machinist Mate II Resume
Headline : Responsible and punctual product specialist and veteran who excels at new challenges. Driven and highly motivated seeking a position in a fast paced retail environment.
Skills : Construction, Commissioning, Nuclear, MS Word, MS Excel.
- Performed routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines to run smoothly, systems operated efficiently, and the physical condition of the submarine did not deteriorate.
- Inspected, operated, and tested machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Diagnosed mechanical problems and determined how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Assembled, installed, or repaired pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Inspected drives, motors, and belts, checked fluid levels, replace filters, and performed other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Cleaned and lubricated shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Adjusted functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
Nuclear Machinist Mate I Resume
Summary : 8 years experience in technical troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electrical and chemical processes 6 years active duty Navy experience in industrial maintenance and supply procedures Nuclear Machinist Mate - Engine Room Supervisor qualified Active. government security clearance 6 years experience in Navy nuclear submarine quality assurance processes 5 years sales experience in both civilian and government sectors Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certified.
Skills : Technical Troubleshooting And Leadership.
- Supervised and coordinated all aspects of the Machinery Division operation at these commands.
- Repaired or replaced defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassembled equipment.
- Managed a multi-disciplined group with various ratings on loan from other divisions who normally did not work radiological jobs.
- Responsible for taking the non-nuclear personnel and training them to the standards required as radiological workers and glove bag workers using specialized tools to mechanically cut and prep contaminated pipe in order to facilitate repairs underway if needed.
- Received Letters of Commendation for services in outfitting several submarines with single piece foldable plastic containments for their crews head decontamination station to facility fast setup in case of an emergency.
- Managed the divisions Formal Work Package processes ensuring all upcoming and routine maintenance work orders were planned and approved prior to the required time meeting the most up to date requirements.
- Operated and performed basic preventive maintenance on propulsion plant mechanical systems, support systems, turbines, pumps, and valves.
Nuclear Engineering Technologies
Nuclear Machinist Mate/Analyst Resume
Summary : To obtain full time employment with a company that can utilize unique skillset, provide opportunities for growth, and allow to contribute to mission accomplishment.
Skills : Maintenace Director, Facilities Director, Construction, Construction, Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performed the critical work functions required to move naval tactical forces, repair and maintain equipment, train forces and personnel, and perform consequence management.
- Monitored, maintained, and operated a nuclear power plant to propel an aircraft carrier and provide fresh water and electricity to 3000+ sailors .
- Training at Naval Nuclear Power School for Mechanics, Security Clearance.
- Personally performed maintenance on mechanical systems, including repair, calibration, inspection, parts replacement, and preservation.
- Experienced at reading, interpreting, and explaining technical diagrams and procedures.
- Directed, coordinated, and approved maintenance items on mechanical, electrical and life-saving systems.
- Operated and performed maintenance on steam turbine pumps, electric driven pumps, steam reboilers, oily water separators, lube oil purifiers, distilling units and heat exchangers.
Nuclear Machinist Mate Resume
Objective : Mechanical Engineer with over 22 years experience in Naval Nuclear Propulsion on multiple platforms. Adept at accurately and efficiently managing an exceptional rate of productivity in a high pressure industrial environment. Proven track record of successfully managing complex testing periods and effectively addressing and overcoming delays.
Skills : Rotalign, equipment operator, rigging, pump, turbine, and valve maintenance.
- Responsible for leading the fire team in case of an emergency.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, preservation, and maintenance of a fourth of the engine room on the aircraft carrier .
- Inspectied work packages for repacking valves and other maintenances.
- Performed quality control inspections to ensure that personnel are properly doing maintenance.
- Responsible for scheduling and assigning maintenance personnel for work center.
- Performed maintenance on steam turbine pumps, electric driven pumps, steam reboilers, oily water separators, lube oil purifiers, distilling units and heat exchangers.
- Held, but not limited to, Fire Team Leader, Level Leader, Quality Assurance Inspector, Work Center Supervisor.