Pressroom Manager Resume
Summary : Having more than 25 years experience in printing production management and team leadership with a focus on production, high quality standards and attention to detail. Assertive with outstanding interpersonal communications and people management skills. Successfully managed companys pressroom during their most profitable and top sales years.
Skills : Manufacturing Manager, Team Building, Facilitating.
- Unionized 250,000 square foot facility with 300 employees.
- Responsible for all aspects of a multi shift printing operation including scheduling, recruiting, and training.
- Ensured associate engagement through daily interaction with employees on the manufacturing floor.
- Provided policy review and implementation, plus develop and lead training sessions, metric tracking, performance evaluations, and updates.
- Reduced blanket spend by 50% delivering a 450MM/yr reduction in cost.
- Reduced Make Ready times by 25% across multiple machines.
- Developed plant wide procedures and a user friendly spreadsheet to track efficiency & waste.
Bachelor Of Science
Sr. Pressroom Manager Resume
Summary : Looking for a full time position with a company that can help with their printing needs, Worked with job planning and customer service to plan jobs for optimum efficiency and best results while on press.
Skills : Handyman For 25 Plus Years Exp. In Plunbing Elec. Carp,flooring, Fixing And Installing Applain.
- Tracked and maintained inventory levels.
- Troubleshoot production, quality and personnel problems.
- Tracked and supplied statistical data (waste, on-time performance, etc.).
- Established logbooks for tracking maintenance (blankets, rollers, water system, etc.), and checklist to ensure run readiness.
- Implemented numerous procedures to improve production efficiency and quality.
- Trained and managed operators and repaired and maintained 17 stamping presses.
- Responsible for entire manufacturing process from raw material to shipping.
MBA In Management
Jr. Pressroom Manager Resume
Objective : On-going professional goal, as an employee, is to be an asset to company. Willing and able to give time and energy in making certain any company work for to be as successful as possible. Personal professional goal is to someday become a Plant Manager. Willing to relocate across the country for the right situation.
Skills : Scheduling, SIOP, Technical Skills.
- Diagnosed print problems related to ink,paper,files, or the machine.Color management.
- Worked with customers to achieve color and quality.
- Worked with the crews(30 to 50 members) to set and achieve goals, develop plans and events to minimize work to accomplish the goals at hand.
- Developed and implemented pressroom training manual.
- Read blueprints and managed smooth changeover of dies to ensure minimal downtime of presses.
- Participated with plant supervisors in developing safety policies and procedures to reduce accidents by 50% and avoid government audit.
- Generated safety awareness by conducting safety orientations.
Pressroom Manager III Resume
Objective : Professional with over 29 years of experience in print production operations. Strong and passionate change agent who employs Continuous Improvement and Lean thinking to identify and eliminate waste to reduce costs, drive profitability and prosperity, increase business partner ownership, and maximize customer satisfaction. Proven leader who trains, equips, empowers, and entrusts others to do their jobs. Retired Navy Commander with 26 years of dedicated and exemplary service.
Skills : Offset Printer, Management, Darkroom,Bindery.
- Managed six printing press department staffed by 70 business partners.
- Achieved significant improvements in quality, waste, throughput, and uptime through effective leadership and directing Lean Six Sigma projects and Kaizen events.
- Implemented visual metric boards at each press to display KPI goals versus daily actual results to identify and eliminate barriers to success.
- Championed Green Belt projects on paper waste reduction, reducing employee strains/sprains, and web break reduction.
- Participated in department and plant safety commited to reduce incidents.
- Managed operations in an ISO environment.
- Developed and managed budget; accountable for cost center results.
B.S. In Economics
Pressroom Manager II Resume
Objective : 30 years in the Printing Industry from Commercial Sheet-fed, Web, Digital Printing to UV Cold Foil Folding Carton production. Held multiple titles and positions from production as Sheet-fed UV Pressman through Leadership up to Plant Manufacturing Manager for a Publication and journal Printer. Well versed and certified in Lean Six Sigma.
Skills : mechanic/technician, machine operator, management for over 32 years.
- Committeed Member for Performance Excellence Implementation.
- Lead, Coached and Motivated Pressroom activities for a 60 million a year Pharmaceutical Folding Carton Printer in Marion North Carolina.
- Utilized Six Sigma and Lean techniques to foster a Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Directed reports, 40 production associates.
- Analyzed Printing process for optimization and improvement.
- Facilitated purchasing of all Printing consumables and research and trial new items.
- Oversaw proprietary R&D for customers on Press.
Pressroom Manager I Resume
Objective : To secure a position that will utilize management experience in support of the organization goals of reducing expenses and producing a superior product to both internal and external customers.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel , Windows 8.1.
- Managed a staff of over 50 employees including three supervisors.
- Responsible for quality and maintenance of six presses (six color 105 KBA, seven color 40 Heidelberg, six color 40 Heidelberg, two-six color KBA 142's and one 11 unit 142 KBA).
- Reduced press waste by 2%.
- Improved morale through empowering the pressroom team.
- Responsible for pressroom documentation, training and maintaining department critical processes, SIPOCS and flow-charts.
- Coordinated with CSR's on job layout and approvals.
- Managed employee's times, pay increase, hiring, releasing, and training of all employees.
Assistant Pressroom Manager Resume
Objective : Responsible for color OK'S and Security Testing for all products produced in the facility pertaining to gaming products for multiple . Responsible for waste control as well as production scheduling and when started with this company they were running 18% waste and was able to .
Skills : Mechanic/Technician, Machine operator, Management for over 32 years.
- Scheduled all employees in the pressroom and give out job assignments Run and provide maintenance on a Goss Urbanite Press Accomplishments.
- Improved morale in the pressroom by creating a more positive working environment.
- Purchased equipment, supplies and inventories Directed 45 employees thru 3 supervisors.
- Responsible for production and quality of a six press, three shift web offset pressroom including inline imaging and mailing.
- Reduced costly accident rates and insurance abuse, and improved safety performance by introducing first-time facilities health and safety program.
- Managed plant maintenance, contained costs, and maximized building value and asset security.
- Increased machine longevity and productivity, and improved quality by implementing preventative maintenance program for machinery/presses.
Associate Pressroom Manager Resume
Summary : Craftmanship has always been important. Taking pride in what we do and accepting responsibility for our actions are key components of a successful career and contribute to the betterment of our families and society as well. Management experiences have given opportunities to mentor and lead the efforts of a wide range of people.
Skills : Project management Skills, Technical Skills.
- Hired to improve pressroom quality and reduce rework and spoilage for printing manufacturer with 135 employees, 2 plants, and annual sales of approximately $22M.
- Scheduled and coordinated production runs across 6 sheet-fed presses and 2 die cutting machines, ensuring adherence to quality and spoilage standards.
- Supervised staff of 20 pressmen and digital operators and led daily meetings with 8-12 customer service representatives, pre-press leads, mail manager, and logistics manager.
- Held full responsibility for hiring and performance evaluation of pressroom personnel.
- Delivered training in data collection on shop floor and reviewed/monitored performance metrics.
- Administered $145K annual maintenance budget and contracted vendors to perform major repairs/improvements on equipment and facilities.
- Drastically reduced spoilage within 4 months of hiring from 21% to 6.5%, saving $85K.
B.A. In Business Management
Pressroom Manager/Director Resume
Summary : Over 12 years of experience with technical applications of industrial compressors and desiccant dryers including sales, installation and service of Centac and rotary compressors and hydrogen dryers. In addition, Management and supervisory experience in both production and service environments.
Skills : Technical Skills, Project management skills.
- Responsible for managing 65 employees in two different departments in the Print Department.
- Set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled.
- Adjusted to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Ability to act on my own initiative to take an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Responsible for communication, direction, goals and objectives to my staff so they consistently understand the required standard of performance for the business.
- Conducted Color Management Team meetings to improve processes and keep system improvements in check.
- Tested new materials to guarantee that we had the best, most cost effective products at all times.
Pressroom Manager Resume
Objective : Resourceful Manager bringing comprehensive background in the printing and packaging field. Versatile and innovative management professional skilled at seeing the big picture while still also focusing on the details. Expertise in business development and streamlining processes and systems.
Skills : Communication Skills, Problem Solving Skills.
- Managed 56 hourly and 3 salaried direct reports in a 24/5 operation with 4 sheet feds 3 sheeters and a rotogravure press.
- Set daily production schedules to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Attended all new product meetings to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Managed department hazardous waste program.
- Handled all 1st & 2nd step grievances.
- Scheduled monthly conference calls with all press room managers to facilitate division objectives.
- Met daily with direct reports to measure department performance.
High School Diploma