Residential Counselor I Resume
Objective : One year of experience as a Residential Counselor. Mental health professional drove to help others overcome personal obstacles. Comfortable working autonomously or in a team-based setting.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Strong Writing and Oral skills, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Attention to Detail, Excel, Fast Learner, Emailing, Active Listening, Scanner, Supervision, and Fax.
- Counsel residents in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Tracked client movement on and off the unit by documenting times and destinations of clients.
- Checked facility for open windows, locked doors, malfunctioning smoke detectors, and other safety hazards.
- Quickly responded to crisis situations when severe mental health and behavioral issues arose.
- Efficiently gathered information from families and social services agencies to inform the development of treatment plans.
- Documented all patient information including service plans, treatment reports and progress notes.
- Conducted outreach, advocacy, and rehabilitative services for regular cases and crisis intervention.
- Collaborated closely with the treatment team to appropriately coordinate client care services.
- Interacted with clinical staff and external resources such as school or community personnel.
- Taught clients anger management techniques, relaxation skills, impulse control, social skills, emotional coping skills, and functional living skills.
Lead Residential Counselor Resume
Summary : 9+ years of experience as a Residential Counselor. Looking for a job that will fully explore my potentials/abilities as an individual while leaving room for maximum exposure to professionalism.
Skills : Fluent In Spanish, Inventory Management, Leadership/Management, Employee Training, Lifting, Transferring, Cleaning, Tutoring, Mentoring, and Communication.
- Maintaining shift coverage and primary supervision and support of the residential client.
- Setting and contributing to a safe, dignified, orderly atmosphere by enforcing program rules, policies, and procedures as well as through observing stated DDA grievance policy.
- Supporting participants to access community resources, maintain family relationships and develop friendships.
- Maintaining regular communication with family members and establish an on-going partnership with each individual's family to implement goals and objectives established by the team.
- Facilitating the development of an appropriate individual plan for one individual by participating in the interdisciplinary team and attending review meetings.
- Developing goals and objectives to be implemented in the residential program from the discussion and decisions of the team.
- Assisting the individual to develop a daily schedule of activities which incorporates the goals of the IP and reflects the interest and needs of the individual.
- Developing and implementing teaching programs to assist one individual to accomplish his/her goals.
- Collecting relevant data on targeted goals and objectives for individuals in the residence.
- Compiling relevant data to complete a monthly review of programs for one individual.
Overnight Residential Counselor Resume
Headline : Over 5+ years of experience as a Residential Counselor. Seeking to obtain a position that will allow me to share my experiences in the development of children to reach his or her full academic, personal and physical potential.
Skills : High Performer, Commitment To Being An Integral Member Of The Investigative and Social Work Team, Interacting With All Interdisciplinary Members, Students, and Families To Promote A Safe, Positive, and Effective Practices and Environment. Responsive, Demonstrates Initiative and Excellent Time Management With Proven Ability To Meet Deadlines.
- Working to ensure a positive and healthy environment for adolescents with asperser's/autism syndrome, emotional disturbances, and other health impairment.
- Participating in debriefing, mediations, and other team building activities to review behavioral, and safety plans.
- Assessing student's needs, situations, and determine how to best intervene and provide support.
- Recognizing and reporting changes in medical and behavioral acuity to appropriate professionals.
- Advocate for and help students get resources and services that would improve their well-being.
- Supervising, teaching and model daily living and socialization skills, encouraging group participation.
- Providing immediate counseling and therapeutic crisis interventions in order to provide structure.
- Providing supervision and transportation to and from medical, mental health and career/academic appointments, recreation activities, and public transportation for home visits.
- Document all aspects of residential care in accordance with agency practices, policies, and procedures.
- Evaluating and assessing the services and resources provided to ensure that they are appropriate and effective.
Supervisor Residential Counselor Resume
Summary : 7+ years of experience as a Residential Counselor. Current objective is to find an organization with a stable and pleasant environment. That will allow me to expand my skills and offer the opportunity for advancement.
Skills : Inventory Management, Banking Network, Review, And Audits, Client Services, Desk Clerk, Auditor, Customer Relations, Data Files Management, Team Building, Research Analyst, Networking Policy Procedures & Development, Financial Management Analysis, and Organization.
- Providing constant supervision to residents while in the group home, recreational, and in the community.
- Counseling clients and encourage them to develop effective coping and communication skills.
- Supervising and ensuring that daily routines are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Providing direct care to adults with disabilities in residential environments.
- Assisting with personal care needs, contributed guidance and respond to household dilemmas in both individual and group settings.
- Supporting clients' personal goals as well as encouraging responsibility and independence.
- Processing cash sales, credit card transaction while maintaining a detail log sheet of transactions.
- Researches and analyzes customer and supplier accounts to solve problems.
- Perpetually receive inventory and reviews supplier acknowledgment for accuracy.
- Working with corporate supply chain team to reconcile inventory discrepancies and material disputes.
Lead Residential Counselor II Resume
Summary : Over 9+ years of experience as a Residential Counselor. Energetic and reliable Office Assistant skilled in high volume Real Estate environment, and is making the office go paperless.
Skills : Lifting, Transferring, Cleaning, Tutoring, Mentoring, Communication, Typing, Clerical, Faxing, Filing, Answering Phones, and Great People.
- Ensuring the safety of all residents under their care by learning and implementing only those medical and life safety policies and procedures approved by new hope treatment centers.
- Reporting immediately to the team leader and/or team supervisor any behavior which may disrupt the therapeutic milieu or which may indicate a potential problem for the resident.
- Assisting in the orientation of all new residents and provides continuing education and assistance with program rules and expectations.
- Assisting in the management of aggressive residents as needed, using only de-escalation and behavior management techniques approved by new hope treatment centers.
- Assisting in the coordination of therapeutic activities, and oversees the completion of resident activities including but not limited to hygiene, chores, journaling, homework or other clinical assignments.
- Providing timely and accurate documentation in the clinical record of resident behavior/treatment plan, and interventions provided and their effectiveness on a daily basis, using the format approved by new hope treatment centers.
- Maintaining an awareness of the whereabouts of all residents under their care by providing constant supervision, regular rounds and resident counts throughout their shift.
- Participating as an active member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Attending daily shift reports, staff meetings, resident staffing, and all other required meetings.
- Providing educational and physical support to a student including hygiene, medical, and counseling concerns.
Residential Counselor I Resume
Headline : Responsible Residential Counselor with 5+ years of experience, proficient in caring for developmentally disabled individuals. Passionate and motivated, with a drive for excellence. One year in healthcare within Springbrook positions. Goal-oriented dedicated to high levels of customer satisfaction.
Skills : Writing, Active Listening, Learning Strategies, Administration, and Management, Food Production, Time Management, Monitoring, Judgment, and Decision Making, Social Perceptiveness, and English Language.
- Maintaining records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Caring for patients by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care.
- Planning, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patients or other family members, according to prescribed diets.
- Accompany clients to doctors' offices or on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance, and companionship.
- Monitoring and recording clients' progress to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
- Reviewing residents' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure a patient receives appropriate diet.
- Document or otherwise report observations of resident behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Undress, wash and dress residents who are unable to do so for themselves.
- Maintaining current certifications in required in-services and training at all times.
- Helping create and maintain a healthful, safe and therapeutic environment for residents.
Residential Counselor I Resume
Headline : 5+ years of experience as a Residential Counselor. Specialize in working with disadvantaged adults, youth, and children, homelessness, substance abuse, mentally retarded, mentally challenged, and mentally disabled population. Hard working woman, who enjoys helping those in need.
Skills : Awards, CARES, Maven Mental Health System, Case Management, Mac OS X, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Good Verbal and Writing, Computer Literate.
- Working with agencies and service providers to facilitate care coordination and information sharing.
- Performing case management services such as prepared services plans, monthly summary, functional assessments, conduct weekly progress notes, and monitoring medications.
- Document progress and collaborated with clientele to develop high-quality rehabilitation plans.
- Providing behavior modification, counseling, and crisis intervention services to adults with chronic mental illness in an intensive-level residential facility.
- Assessing consumers in crisis to evaluate and obtain the appropriate level of services.
- Regularly monitors walk through of facility hourly, complete incident reports as needed.
- Updating logbook in an effort to foster greater and meaningful communication across shifts as needed.
- Conducting monthly fire drills, self-preservation test, and conduct the daily census.
- Appropriately seeks and communicates the resident's needs and progress to increase staff knowledge.
- Understands the interactions of complex systems in the context of a family's life, service delivery structures, and the community's resources.
Intensive Residential Counselor Resume
Headline : Proven ability to manage multiple projects while meeting challenging deadlines. 6+ years of experience working in customer service, healthcare, and office setting as a Residential Counselor. The very dependable and hardworking young woman eagerly willing to learn new things with an outstanding ability to adapt to new and challenging work environments.
Skills : CPR, De-escalation Techniques, MUI Training, Trauma-Informed Care, CPR/First Aid, Medication Manager, Mandatory Reporter, Community Based Interventions, Therapeutic Relationships, HIPAA Knowledge, Universal Precautions, Case Management, Clerical Experience, Advanced Computer Knowledge, Microsoft Office Experience, and Organization.
- Responsibilities provide on-site direct behavioral health care services to the agency's adult and geriatric clients.
- Services are provided on an individual and group basis as determined by the treatment team.
- Accomplishments provided clients with daily living skills such as organizational skills, interacting with others, cleaning, cooking, and financial literacy.
- Clients gained the confidence to do things on their own that they were not able to do prior to living in the group home.
- Clients work well with others, remember their medication, and handle their finances on their own.
- Clients confide in me with their needs, concerns, and issues regarding their personal life and their life in the group home.
- Manually maintaining thorough and accurate records, files, correspondence and statistics in a timely manner.
- Implementing individual program plans on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis designed specifically for each resident working toward the guarantee of goals being met.
- Counseling residents with mental, intellectual, and behavioral disabilities by identifying and resolving social and psychological triggers provided tailored support to clients assisting with their daily tasks and ensuring that duties are performed proficiently and effectively to meet client specific treatment goals.
Sub Residential Counselor Resume
Headline : 5+ years of experience as a Residential Counselor. Seeking to obtain a position that will allow me to utilize my skills and experiences.
Skills : Organizational Leadership, Project Planning, Customer Service, Powerpoint, Music Editing, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Responsible for the provision of direct client services and care coordination for assigned youth and families within a designated program. Responsible for the implementation of agency policies and treatment plans for the children in his/her care.
- Providing for proper physical safety and care of each child in his/her care. Records events and prepares materials relevant to the treatment of cases in an appropriate format.
- Daily log entries, special incident reports, treatment reviews, and DBRS. Takes responsibility for knowing the contents of policies relevant to his/her roles that impact the children in his/her. Attend program-wide weekly scheduling. Attends and participates in cottage management team meetings and training as assigned by the cottage treatment manager.
- Designing operating and implementing a program of activities, which incorporates cottage values and goals in collaboration with the cottage treatment manager for one side of the week.
- Executing other duties such as playing an active role in the milieu and assisting in shift coverage and other tasks as assigned by cottage treatment manager.
- Responsible for meeting daily documentation standards/EPSDT billing requirements applied knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to physically hold and/or restrain children, following "handle with care".
- Administer medication in accordance with the medication policies and procedures as contained in the youth homes operations manual.
- Accompanying residents to doctor's appointments as well as recreational outings.
- Responsibilities caring for intellectually and developmentally disabled adults and helping them with life skills.
Residential Counselor I Resume
Headline : Over 5+ years of experience as a Residential Counselor. Seeking to obtain a lasting career in a field that capitalizes on the wealth of skills and abilities I embody listed below, and also offers opportunities for mastery of additional skills.
Skills : Computer Literate In Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook, Internet Explorer, Knowledge Of Basic Office Equipment: Printer, Xerox, Fax Machine, Postage Machine, Office Telephone, and Type 25-30 WPM.
- Effectively communicating with all staff including residential counselors, social workers, and the program manager, to help develop and implement therapeutic treatment plans for our youth who are living independently and transitioning.
- Ensuring residents maintain a clean and attractive home environment (i.e., chores, upkeep of common areas, and encouraging residents to individually clean behind one's self).
- Maintaining a secure environment that is safe and supportive for having hygiene practices and good interpersonal relationships with residents.
- Responsible for children's welfare (i.e., food prep, study time, going on outings, and administering medications).
- Reporting and document incidents, services provided, and daily progress of residents inside and outside of the home.
- Accurately documented phone logs, financial records, and reports in a timely manner.
- Assisting clients in adhering to treatment plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging transportation, coordinating services, or providing support.
- Transporting clients to mental health appointment and required appointments.
- Maintaining confidentiality of records relating to clients treatment guide clients in the development of skills and strategies to develop and implement individualized treatment plans, mileage charts, keep a daily log on clients progress/challenges.
- Developing daily life skill agendas as well as complete daily activity logs on the client's progression.