Tax Accountant Resume
Objective : High-energy Supervisor successful in building and motivating dynamic teams, transitioning into accounting field. Strong awareness of complex administrative operations and accounting management systems. Analytical and research expertise, with strong academic results and a track record for outstanding leadership. Keen to develop a career in accounting, administration or business management.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Customer Service, Receptionist, Multi-Line Phone System, Quickbooks, Drake Software.
- Perform the various accounting functions in billing, A/R, A/P and Payroll.
- Reconcile general ledger and sub ledger accounts.
- Provided information and develop reports for various auditors.
- Collected and analyzed data to detect deficient controls, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies Prepared and filed weekly, semimonthly, and monthly payroll withholding taxes.
- Prepared and filed Sales and Use Taxes, Property, School District, Franchise Taxes, etc to various states.
- Prepared and filed quarterly and yearly payroll tax returns for all locations.
- Handle all correspondence in reference to all the taxes associated with the company's business.
Senior Tax Accountant Resume
Summary : Able to demonstrate critical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Able to work well with all levels of employees, be flexible in nature, have sound judgment with open and collaborative style that encourages teamwork and cooperation beyond the immediate team to the broader organization.
Skills : Quickbooks, Microsoft office, Customer Service, Accounting.
- Supporting clients' tax filings by collecting and analyzing financial or operational information and preparing supporting work papers.
- Facilitating clients' unclaimed property efforts by gathering relevant information, performing due diligence and completing state filings.
- Supporting other accounting and tax efforts to meet federal, state, local, or international tax requirements.
- Gathering, reviewing, and analyzing financial and operational information for a wide variety of international, federal or state tax filings and collaborates with other areas of the Controller's office and departments on various reconciliation projects.
- Researches and documents various compliance requirements in response to client operations or new initiatives.
- Assist in the performance of departmental administrative functions.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
M.S. In Accounting
Tax Accountant & Fund Accountant Resume
Objective : Pursuing an accounting and management position which requires a motivated, dedicated, above-average person, and where individual achievement and performance will be recognized, thereby allowing opportunities for growth and development.
Skills : Quick Pro Advisors, Training Skills.
- Audited sales and use tax returns for accuracy.
- Oversaw the recording of checks in payment of sales and use tax returns.
- Oversaw the recording of certified mail receipts for future use in proving of mailing of various tax returns.
- Corresponded with various states concerning cancellation of sales and use tax returns.
- Corresponded with various states concerning notification of new store locations for issuance of tax permits.
- Researched tax laws and regulations in order to respond to tax notices.
- Filed objections to various states concerning delinquent or deficient tax payments.
- Responded to various states request for information on sales and use tax returns.
Master of Science
Tax Accountant/Accounting Manager Resume
Summary : Over 18 years as a Payroll Tax Professional, experienced in management. A talent for analyzing problems, developing and simplifying procedures, and finding innovative solutions. Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management and cognizant of the needs of both internal and external clients.
Skills : Payroll Tax, Systems Integration, Management Skills, Consulting.
- Responsibilities: Assist in planning and implementation of new and more effective operating procedures.
- Audit corporate payrolls for proper calculations of wages.
- Managed payroll tax processes to ensure accurate and timely tax remittance and filings.
- Maintained tax rates and/or deposit frequency changes into payroll system, and resolution of discrepancy notices issued by tax authorities.
- Analyze the most effective way to respond to Federal, State and Local correspondence as needed within defined parameters.
- Managed year-end balancing and processing of W-2s and W 2Cs to ensure timely filings of 941s.
- Ensures periodic and quarterly tax filings are performed timely and accurately.
- Ensures all tax notices are recorded and responded to according to defined SOX requirements.
Seasonal Tax Accountant Resume
Summary : Skilled accountant with 10+ years' experience with sales and use tax analysis. Maintaining active communications with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction and to make sure deadlines are met. Research sales and uses tax matters. Utilizing sales and uses tax technology. Completing accounting activities with accuracy and speed. Possessing strong work ethic and sense of ownership needed to excel in a fast paced environment.
Skills : MS Office, Researching Skills.
- Prepared income tax returns for 150+ farmer clients and 158 non-profit clients.
- Oversaw the monthly, quarterly and annual payroll returns and financial reports for the farm and non-profit clients.
- Reviewed and analyzed actual results versus budgeted amounts.
- Assisted/Advised management with compilation and comparison of non-profit organizations financial data on an individual, district and state level.
- Worked extensively with bookkeeping software, check book programs, tax preparation software, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Scrutinized new software for bookkeeping systems to be used in the offices of the non-profit clients across the state.
- Provided assistance with implementation, training and support of new bookkeeping software that is used by the non-profit clients.
- Researched and implemented new tax preparation software for paperless record keeping system to be utilized for the benefit of all clients.
Tax Accountant/Tax Researcher Resume
Summary : Responsible for Preparing individual tax returns for clients who have foreign income and foreign assets,Assisting with many different filings such as foreign corporations, treaty returns, withholding, and FBAR's.
Skills : MS Office, Statistical Program for Social Sciences, Microsoft Dynamics, and Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Federal and State Taxation Laws and supported decision making process for variety of miscellaneous tax projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Regulated and calculated multi-state sales, use, and excise taxes.
- Prepared and processed taxes for sales and usage, communications, properties, franchises, and registrations.
- Complete multiple registration forms to get the Certificate of Authority in each operational state.
- Worked closely with accounting personnel and compiled/analyzed tax information requests, prepared worksheets and calculations, and researched other issues as assigned.
- Perform tax planning on domestic tax issues.
- Assist with federal and state audits, and special projects as warranted.
Master In Business Administration
Contract Tax Accountant Resume
Objective : Analytical and proven professional with accounting, tax and fraud audit experience. Seeking an accountant position in a well established firm where my accounting, analytical and problem solving skills can be fully utilized.
Skills : Legal Research, Checkpoint, Proficient In Tax Software Such As Gosystem & Onesource. Oracle E-Business Suite , Microsoft Office,.
- Prepared and reviewed federal and state income tax returns, including consolidated returns for Fortune 500 companies and specialized in retails and apparel industries.
- Prepared and reviewed forms 5471, 5472 and 8858's and related workpapers for US foreign owned entities.
- Prepared and reviewed federal and state income tax returns for high net worth individual and their related returns including estates and trusts and partnerships.
- Assisted with implementation of FIN 48, including identifying and documenting tax positions.
- Assisted in completing quarterly and annual analysis related to the company's federal provision including ASC 740.
- Assisted with tax audits to defend filing positions and to negotiate favorable resolutions of proposed deficiencies.
- Assisted with the preparation of tax disclosures in financial statements.
- Performed document review for client under financial audit.
MBA In Accounting
Tax Accountant/Staff Auditor Resume
Summary : Facilitating various classes and seminars, coordinating various programs, recruiting, counseling, supervisory skills, work with payroll, accounts payables and receivables, bank reconciliation, profit and loses, billing and collections, real estate property management, and data entry. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills capabilities.
Skills : Accounting, Training Skills.
- Represented taxpayers at conferences, meetings, or hearings internally and with the IRS.
- Implemented policies and procedures to ensure compliance with new tax laws.
- Responsible for collecting fees totally $500,000 plus.
- Prepared individual, partnership, corporate, quarterlies, and other types of tax returns.
- Prepared payroll, sales, use & property commercial returns.
- Researched and prepared information for various audits.
- Responded to both client and government inquiries.
Tax Accountant Resume
Objective : To secure a Tax Accountant position with a company that utilizes my educational foundations and work experiences to the fullest extent so that I may become an asset to my employer, and thereby increasing my knowledge and growth within the company.
Skills : Microsoft - Word Excel PowerPoint Access SharePoint.
- Maintenance of tax records and preparation of individual, charitable, trust tax returns, and related schedules/forms.
- Filed federal, state, or local tax returns.
- Developed tax strategies to minimize tax liability.
- Customized taxable income projections, financial statements, and specialized accounting reports.
- Provided assistance with tax return audits and compliance reports.
- Prepared and developed reports for management and/ or regulatory authorities.
- Responded to inquiries regarding tax accounting policies, procedures and problem for bank management, external audits, and regulatory authorities.
Bachelor Of Science
Tax Accountant Resume
Objective : Determined Tax Accountant professional seeking an accounting role within your company .I have excellent interpersonal communication capabilities, advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and transferrable experience relating to financial / regulatory reporting.
Skills : Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions & Accountant Versions, Ultratax, Practice CS, FileCabinet CS, Fluency in English and Spanish both written and oral.
- Prepared Individual and Corporate tax returns.
- Analyzed and reviewed sales and use tax, property tax, annual reports and business license matters.
- Created projections and analyzed data used to advise clients about financial and tax planning.
- Ensure accuracy of fixed asset reports from BNA for tax depreciation and property tax reporting.
- Research and remain current on tax compliance, including but not limited to sales/use taxes and income tax.
- Perform research related to tax laws and procedures, disclosures and elections.
- Prepare comprehensive tax work papers, account reconciliations, responses to audit requests, research memos and/or correspondence and maintains records related to income tax returns and report.
- Continue development of fundamental knowledge of tax laws, rulings, regulations and judicial decisions affecting corporations.
Property Tax Accountant Resume
Summary : Accounts payable and receivables, bank reconciliation, profit and loses, billing and collections, real estate property management, and data entry. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills capabilities.
Skills : Tax Accountant, Supervising Skills.
- Utilized PC for spreadsheet and data base analyses.
- Prepared individual, partnership, and corporation tax returns.
- Representative for clients concerning all types of tax audits in the state of Texas.
- Tax consultant to individual and business clients.
- Worked with attorneys concerning tax audits and forming S- Corporations.
- Licensed as a series 7 investment representative.
- Recruited and trained tax preparers for the firm.
- Supervised more than 25 CPA's, bookkeepers, tax preparers, and other tax professionals to ensure proper federal research, planning, and tax compliance.
Federal Taxation Laws
Tax Accountant Resume
Objective : Tax Accountant with a proven career of tax preparation and tax research experience with financial and insurance industries, as well as entertainment, manufacturing, health care, and retail industries. Knowledgeable in corporate tax, partnership tax, sales tax, general accounting, journal entry preparation, and account reconciliations. Performed detailed, deadline-driven duties independently, including implementing practices and procedures to improve productivity and efficiency.
Skills : Tax Law, Tax Preparation.
- Prepare and Review of tax returns and other projects, including communicating with clients, identifying and solving complex issues and monitoring the efficient completion of engagements.
- Assist lead partners in serving as primary contact for multiple clients in order to maintain and strengthen the relationship.
- Preparation of high level individual and various entity tax returns, including corporations, partnerships, trusts and multi state returns.
- Work with clients in specific industries such as; real estate, insurance, construction, professional services and sales.
- Conduct tax research and preparation of memo on diverse tax issues.
- Correspondence with tax agencies (IRS and FTB).
- Interact with key client management to gather information and resolve tax-related problems.
- Maintain and expand working relationship with clients with focus on client satisfaction.
L.L.M. In Taxation