Senior Accountant I Resume
Headline : 5+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant. Helped create an amortization module to automate the amortization of over 3,000 ISBN's. Created a report to help identify coding problems and to minimize the number of corrections required at quarter end. Created standardized written procedures utilized company-wide, describing how to record sales, acquisitions, contributions, and impairments for the accounting department.
Skills : Quickbooks, Excel, Excel, Oracle, Yardi, Excel- Intermediate PeopleSoft, Proficient Word, Intermediate Access, Proficient Great Plains, and Intermediate Oracle.
- Creating documentation to explain how to do certain accounts payable accounts receivable and financial functions within great plains.
- Creating written procedures on how to compile, pay, and properly code the city and county sales use taxes on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Also, had them move the tax process to the Denver office rather than the parent company's office that is located in Texas.
- Working on pre-merger accounts receivable project for the CFO to make sure that the sellers were given the correct payout.
- Working with the new parent company to create and document the intercompany process.
- Assisting accounts receivable with the cleanup of the customer's outstanding balances.
- Documenting how to do the bank reconciliations for the company's eight bank accounts.
- Assisting in implementing a prepaid process for accounts receivable items that are paid prior to the work being completed.
- Reconciling all of the payroll tax accounts to make sure that when they upgrade to ADP that the accounts are clean.
- Assisting payroll and the controller with the upkeep of their master employee list that will be used in the upgrade for ADP.
Senior Accountant I Resume
Objective : 3 years of progressive experience as a Senior Accountant, providing management with financial information through research, analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements. Expertise in all areas of full cycle accounting, strong payroll background, 501(c)3, small/medium business accounting, quarterly, and year-end tax reports, budgeting and audit preparation.
Skills : Complex Intercompany Journal Entries, Account Reconciliations, Budget and Forecasting, Fluctuation Analysis, GAAP/IFRS Compliance, Accounting System Integrations, International Consolidations, and Month End Closing.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets, and narratives, including budget.
- Completes requested materials and assist in preparing assigned schedules.
- Coordinate and resolve various issues with banks such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies and targeted balance calculations.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheets, profit, and loss statements and other reports to summarize.
- Interpret current and projected company financial position for the management.
- Reviews investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Assist with testing system reports required for management, financial reporting, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
Senior Accountant II Resume
Summary : 13+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant in Business Operations utilizing Financial/Cost Accounting Skills. Financial Planning/Budgeting/Forecasting G/L, A/P, A/R Analysis & Maintenance. Trainer Internal Audit Compliance Government Contract Accounting Capital Budget Oversight Acquisitions / Joint Venture / IPO Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Compliance Experience Heavy Sales/Use Tax Filing Experience Multi-State Operations Experience Fixed Asset Management Experience HealthCare Software Implementation.
Skills : MS Office, People Soft, MIP, Medical Billing, Revenue Cycle Management, Microsoft Access, Oracle Information Systems, and Atlas Digital Marketing Suite.
- Performing month-end general ledger tasks utilizing timberline software while senior accountant was out having chemotherapy while out on a leave of absence.
- Assisting with the close of accounts receivable, accounts payable, operating expenses, and project costs.
- Computing taxes owed and prepared according to tax returns ensuring compliance with governmental authorities.
- Monitoring accounts payable transactions for accuracy and proper general ledger posting.
- Reviewing financial request for the proper account number and budgeted amount for accuracy and reporting.
- FedEx/Kinko's incorporated - fixed asset/capital accounting group- assisted with monthly am-sub-ledger reconciliations tying Hyperion balances to Peoplesoft general ledger balances for new store openings.
- Ran catch up deprecation on assets classifying as production and non-production on daily basis for all new FedEx/Kinko's capital projects.
- Reporting on a daily basis asset capitalization-tangible assets between capital versus expense.
- Reporting daily on asset replacement which assets needed to be capitalized versus expensed.
- Assisting with daily update requests asking to classify project numbers, on assets without them, as originally set up in PeopleSoft.
Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager Resume
Summary : 12+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant. Highly experienced CPA with strong and progressive GAAP accounting, auditing, and banking experience in diverse industries. Superior problem solving and analytical capabilities, with excellent skills in GL reconciliation, financial statements' preparation, and analysis.
Skills : MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, and Outlook Hyperion, SAP BPS, Business Objects, and Crystal Reports Solomon, Sage Simply Accounting, and MAS 90/200 GL Systems DCF Valuations, Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC), and Cash Flow Projections.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Preparing all required schedules and analysis for monthly close as well as monthly balance sheet, p&l, and cash flow statements.
- Performing monthly financial statement analysis and report to management on revenue and business strategies.
- Performing short and long-term forecasting, budgeting, and cash projections.
- Performing general ledger analysis and prepare monthly bank account reconciliations for 4 business entities.
- Identifying and preparing revenue reports and provide support for revenue recognition issues.
- Preparing and analyzing monthly commission reports based on the cash collected for each salesperson.
- Preparing and distributing to sales manager and CEO daily, monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports.
- Effectively communicating and partnering with it and the sales team to resolve sales reporting system's inherent weaknesses and transition manual sales reports into a data warehouse.
- Managing accurate sales revenue reporting by business line in the financial statements and oversee the preparation and distribution of an accurate accounts receivable aging report.
Senior Accountant/Controller Resume
Summary : CPA with 8+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant developing and implementing financial systems, strategies, processes, and controls that significantly improve P&L scenarios. Expert in establishing accounting functions, systems, and best practices; cost-reduction; and lasting business relationships to ensure goal-surpassing fiscal performance.
Skills : Excel, SQL, Data Analysis, Account Reconciliation, Visual Basic, PeopleSoft, MS Office, TeamMate, and ACL Analytics, Great Plains, Adaptive Insights, and Management Reporter.
- Hired to a senior accountant position to oversee the financial reporting function for a hospice care provider.
- Working closely with the director of financial reporting to maintain the integrity, accuracy, and completeness of all aspects of financial reporting.
- Leveraging my data analytics skills to work with the director of procurement to create reports that helped manage fleet expenses for a fleet of 800+ vehicles.
- Also, taking the initiative to evaluate existing processes and reports that were in place and used my knowledge in excel and SQL to create macros that simplified and expedited tedious processes.
- Key results: creating, maintaining and test reports in management reporter that are used company-wide, including by executive management.
- These reports included a trailing 13-month income statement, entity summary income statement, and income statement by AVP.
- Creating a macro that simplified our monthly stats entry, the entry used to take 2 hours to complete and is now completed in 10 minutes.
- Creating a macro that helped identify abuses with fuel cards by field employees by comparing their vehicles known fuel capacity against the number of gallons of fuel for each transaction, this led us to discover systemic abuse by several employees.
- Assisting the financial analysis department with the implementation of adaptive insights forecasting software.
- Responsible for loading worker's comp into the tool and testing the forecast by validating the logic and formulas used for future expenses.
Senior Accountant Analyst Resume
Summary : Senior Accounting Professional with 10 years of experience in all areas of the accounting cycle, including forecasting, budgeting, account analysis, and financial reporting. Significant successes implementing new technology to streamline processes, decrease operational costs and maximize profitability. Advanced Excel skills, an expert in building financial models.Experience with Excel add-ins instrumental to financial reporting and analysis including Jet Reports and SAP BPC.
Skills : Excel, PeopleSoft, MS Office, TeamMate, and ACL Analytics, Great Plains, Adaptive Insights, Management Reporter, and Intermediate knowledge with SQL, Expertise Budgeting, Financial Reporting, GAAP Standards, Forecasting, Technology Improvements, Analytics, and Metrics.
- Producing financial reports for 35 companies with assets in excess of $500m.
- Building monthly forecasting models and yearly budgets, including cash flows, for the management team, the board of directors, and financial institutions.
- Calculating key metrics, analyzing variances to budget and making recommendations on business improvements and expansion opportunities and communicate findings to the board of directors.
- Producing weekly and monthly food & beverage p&l for internal companies and conduct in-depth analysis to increase profitability, adjust pricing and recommend cost savings.
- Analyzing the strength of potential expansion projects and acquisition opportunities.
- Building financial models to determine if a new business venture will be profitable e.g, opening new restaurants and building a new guest lounge in the casino.
- Conducting competitive analysis against other casinos, forecast future earnings and track economic and industry trends.
- Recording complex month-end/year-end closing entries including prepaid expenses, lease accruals, and revenue realization.
- Sales and use tax preparation and filing - successfully won a tax appeal for the overpayment of sales tax.
- Preparing and coordinating monthly management discussion and analysis (MDA) of the p&l and balance sheet for the corporate entity.
Senior Accountant/Auditor V Resume
Summary : 22+ years of vast experience as a Senior Accountant. Seeking a challenging position as an Accountant in a prestigious company worldwide with a competitive salary, respective benefits, and good working environment.
Skills : Accounting, MS Suite, MS Suite, Various Accounting Software, SAP, Quickbooks, ADP, Oracle Information Systems, and Atlas Digital Marketing Suite.
- Responsible in the preparation of employees salaries on a monthly basis, calculation of vacation settlements and end of service benefits.
- In addition, do the checking and reviewing of the payroll sheets prepared by the two junior staff under my supervision.
- Responsible in the reconciliation of interdepartmental subsidiary accounts within the branch and inter-branch, affiliates and head office ledgers on a quarterly basis kingdom wide.
- Responsible in the preparation of materials inventory report monthly and performs the physical count of inventory on a yearly basis and sees to it that the materials or stocks on hand tallied with that of the stock per ledger.
- Responsible in determining the materials at the warehouse whether to be declared as damaged items or items to be written off.
- Responsible in calculating the adjusted price per unit of any item purchased inside or outside the kingdom with different currencies and to include the freight charges, customs duties and other related costs from the original price.
- Responsible in the budget analysis and cost control by determining the variances from the previous year's financial statements and preparing budget plans either on a yearly or five year period basis.
- Other duties: responsible for the preparation of accrued expenses payable and prepaid expenses schedules on a monthly basis and determining the inactive provisions to be closed.
- Responsible in the reconciliations of the statement of accounts from various suppliers on a monthly basis and prepares checks for payment s due to them once the accounts were already reconciled.
- Preparing bank reconciliation reports on a weekly basis and determines if the checks issued are stale or in dormant status for 6 months and will be subject for cancellation.
Senior Accountant/Accounting Specialist Resume
Summary : Professional Accountant with over 10 years of experience as a Senior Accountant working with the Controller and the CFO. Multiple years of experience with fixed assets using Sage fixed Asset Premier, budgets, reconciliation, month end close, journal entries, working with auditors, accounts receivables and accounts payable. Great Plains, SAP and Host software.
Skills : Microsoft Office- Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint. Accounting Software Includes Knowledge Of Peachtree, MYOB, Great Plains (10Yrs), FRX (4yrs) RX Key, SAP, Host, and Business Objects(BOBJ), and Sage FAS Premier.
- Entering fixed assets into sage fas premier system per company accounting policy guide and maintain asset book of detail information, including monthly reports and post monthly depreciation entries, review for discrepancies.
- Running and creating asset reports as monthly and as needed for ad-hoc projects.
- Decide if an asset is a single or group and add new items to fas per company guidelines.
- Types of assets are leasehold improvement, furniture, medical equipment.
- Or retiring asset if needed prepare monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period books for multiple clinics and bank accounts.
- Processing intercompany invoices and intracompany transactions, provide backup for entries prepare multiple clinic invoices in accordance with customer contracts.
- Preparing yearly budgets for clinics to roll up into overhead accounts, based on contracts and previous history.
- Reviewing staff accountants' monthly entries, client invoices, and reconciliation for accuracy.
- Responding to requests for information from coworkers, clinics, corporate, internal audit and other internal management.
- Creating and documenting procedures, as well as looking for ways to improve procedures.
Corporate Senior Accountant Resume
Summary : I have 27 years of experience which includes, Manager of Business Services, public accounting, non-profit accounting, Tax Preparation, and Office Manager. Most recently, I worked as a Senior Accountant at Blue & Co., LLC from January 1987 to October 2012.
Skills : Accounting, Accounting Software, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation, Bookkeeping, Budgeting, Consulting, Contract Management, Customer Relations, Financial Statements, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, General Office Duties, Medisoft, Microsoft Excel, Payroll Processing, Peachtree, Policy Analysis, Proposal Writing, QuickBooks, Quicken, Sales, Supervisory , Tax Planning, and Technical Support.
- Preparation of reconciliations of bank accounts account receivable, accounts payable, payroll and payroll tax reports and w-2's.
- I have provided training on Quickbooks, Peachtree, and creative solution accounting software educated clients on basic accounting principles accounts receivable, account payable and bank reconciliation.
- Reviewed financial statements, general ledgers, various accounting statements and implemented internal controls.
- Provided training for incoming CPA's on various software, company quality control, and procedures.
- Reviewed payroll, payroll requirements, internal policies, and procedures.
- Preparation monthly bookkeeping write-ups and financial statements, consulted with clients on financial status and potential problems and solutions, preparation sales tax returns, of client payroll summaries and quarterly tax reports.
- Designed and implemented various excel spreadsheets for more efficient use of time.
- Provided research, analysis, and assistance to cost center and operations managers as requested.
- Researched and resolved issues as they arose to ensure consistency in accounting transactions worldwide as well as provide guidance and recommend solutions as reporting requirements & needs to be changed.
- Advised all participants of close deadlines and due dates on a monthly basis.
Senior Accountant Resume
Summary : 17+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant. Looking to obtain a position which enables me to further enhance my skills in financial management and corporate audit policies and procedures while utilizing my technical knowledge of system functionality, stellar customer service, and interdepartmental collaborative skills in an effort to become a significant asset to the University.
Skills : Project Management Financial Analysis & Reporting Proficient In Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote Customer Service Clear Communication, Strong Work Ethic To Aid In Problem Solving, Strong Knowledge Of Financial Auditing, and Account Management.
- Preparing annual operating reports (AOR) as appropriate for federal and/or state aid programs, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assisting in the preparation of the final draft version of the University's fiscal operations report and application to participate (FISAP), documenting the University's usage of title iv funds.
- Maintaining, as appropriate, collections activity reports on the federal Perkins loan program and responsible for oversight of related collections activity.
- Analyzing University's student financial activity in conjunction with the bursar.
- Informing university stakeholders on any and all potential audit risks and compliance exposure as it relates to the administration of internal and external funds.
- Maintaining an atmosphere of accuracy, compliance and vigilant stewardship of funds in purview.
- Reviews revise and recommend changes to operational policies and procedures as they relate to accounting, reconciliation, disbursements, and cashier.
- Responsible for monthly (or more frequent) audits of university cashier functions.
- Responsible for the delivery of outstanding customer service in a fast-paced and engaging student service environment.
- Remaining current on all federal regulatory requirements and program changes relative to all forms of aid for which students are qualified.