Senior Project Accountant Resume
Summary : Detailed-oriented senior project accountant with over a decade of experience managing critical projects in the construction industry. Experienced team manager, responsible for three staff and the financial accounting of over fifty projects per month, ranging in value from $5M to $200M. Proactive professional with over 26 years of experience providing accounting and administrative support to construction managers.
Skills : MS Office, Management.
- Provides timely and accurate financial reporting by producing and maintaining Anticipated Cost Reports (ACR) for each client.
- Inputs AP and AR entry, maintaining budgets, keeping track of transfers and changes made, updating the ACR with project managers, making sure transfers and all holds and allowance are accounted.
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting project financial status.
- Ensures that procedures and policies are in place to facilitate effective and efficient financial reporting.
- Monitors activity to ensure accounting policies, procedures and plans are properly executed.
- Prepares and processes monthly customized ACR as requested by management or client to track status of project budget.
- Provides actual vs budget analysis to show savings or overruns.
- Manages and maintains subcontractors accounts by verifying and inputing the vendor and subcontractor's contracts/proposals.
- Enters owner and subcontractor's change orders in the system.
Jr. Senior Project Accountant Resume
Objective : Ability to assimilate information, analyze problems and arrive at viable solutions with a strong emphasis on multitasking. Responsible, dependable, driven and honest individual.
Skills : Costpoint, Quickbooks, Oracle Financial, MS.
- Responsible for bi-monthly billing of $60M annual revenue across multiple contracts in the national intelligence community.
- Prepared monthly invoices, to ensure that all contract requirements were in compliance.
- Verified of all charges, as well as ensuring all required schedules and reports were correct and complete.
- Worked with customer liaison when invoicing issues arose.
- Responsible for training new project accountants on various billing processes and other accounting procedures.
- Revised process for reconciliation of monthly invoices to unbilled revenue.
- Monitored contract revenue to ensure proper revenue recognition per Contract/Task/Delivery order in accordance with GAAP, FAR, and DFAS procedures.
- Implemented and maintained highly detailed cash forecast spreadsheets enabling executives to properly manage cash flow.
Senior Project Accountant/Analyst Resume
Headline : Twenty plus years Senior Project Accountant experience in Accounting and Management expertise and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Skills : Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Navision, Jet Financial, Cognos 8, Crystal Reports.
- Compiled and analyzed financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Analyzed revenue and expenses to ensure that company's financials were recording correctly on monthly basis.
- Analyzed monthly completion bonuses, ensuring all labor expenses are being accounted for and employees are receiving the correct amount.
- Developed, implemented and certified financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies on monthly basis and ensured that all records were compliance with programs financial policies and procedures.
- Performed and managed monthly accounting closed activities on six O&M time and material, cost reimbursable, cost plus fixed fee, and fixed price contracts.
- Created various automated reports for O&M billing operations and accounting procedures to ensure efficient and accurate reporting.
- Supervised and provide management oversight Operation and Maintenance (O&M) billing group's invoicing and finance-related functional areas, must ensure that all invoices are billed accurately, efficiently, and accordance with FAR regulations and specific contract requirements.
Senior Project Accountant I Resume
Objective : Finance/Business Manager Talented Financial/Proposal Analyst/Accountant with over twenty-five years of experience and expertise in financial tracking, budgeting, forecasting, spend plan development, management and contract proposals for Department of Defense programs. Proven track record of analyzing diverse financial data to accurately provide comprehensive forecasting, budgeting, and analysis to upper management and Board of Directors.
Skills : Financial Management, Accounting, Accounting, Budgets, Auditing, Microsoft, Inventory Management, Leadership.
- Performed all accounting, payroll, and administrative functions for 3-person office in support of the Life Cycle Contractor Support (LCCS) program, a $900M FFP/Cost reimbursable U.S.
- Responsible for all financial areas of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Cash Services, Fixed Assets, Travel Vouchers, Billings and Accounts Receivable.
- Performed all financial accounting disciplines to include General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Cash Services, Fixed Assets, Billings and Accounts Receivable.
- Responsible for Instrumental in program start-up to include Standard Operating Procedures and financial accounting set up.
- Improved billing/collection performance for LCCS Program reducing collection time by 25%.
- Handled a large volume of vendor's payments in excess of $500K per week.
- Increased accounts payable journal voucher accuracy by simplifying data entry requirements.
Senior Project Accountant II Resume
Headline : Seeking a challenging and responsible position as a Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager. Responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Skills : Financial Analysis, Cost Control.
- Reported to CFO, CEO, and Presidents of the company.
- Managed formation of a new corporation internally and externally-prepared/filed new corporation documents.
- Created/amended entity documents.
- Prepared various documents/statements for governmental state/federal (US Department of Veterans Affairs) audits for Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business, Preparing, reviewing, and posting journal entries for month and year-end close.
- Maintained proper reconciliation of all G/L accounts and integrity of financial statements.
- Investigated outstanding items and resolving financial discrepancies.
- Corrected/posted timesheets for employees.
- Performed intercompany entries and correcting intercompany discrepancies.
Senior Project Accountant III Resume
Headline : Seeking an accounting, finance and/or analyst position that will offer a unique challenge (Open to various industries, opportunities & work schedules/arrangements).
Skills : Ms Word, Ms Excel, Quickbooks, Timberline, Yardi, Outlook, Avid, Jd Edwards, Access, Sharepoint, Salesforce, Hyperion, Powerpoint.
- Responsible for monthly consolidation of parent company and subsidiaries.
- Prepared month end financial statements/analytical review reports presented to senior management.
- Responsible for the Joint Venture accounting.
- Prepared weekly financials to analyze budget variance results for R&D and Operating centers.
- Responsible for generating operating budgets for submission to upper management.
- Developed and implemented procedures for the procurement of equipment and services.
- Responsible for month end account and bank reconciliations.
- Assisted the Controller with quarter and year-end preparation of SEC reporting.
- Assisted and supported the operations teams with invoices and purchase orders.
Asst. Senior Project Accountant Resume
Objective : 14 years of relevant experience in a corporate setting. Strong knowledge of bank reconciliation, payroll, account payable and receivables, cash flow analysis, purchasing and preparing financial statements. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Works more independently and requires less supervision.
Skills : Excel, SAP, Oracle, Analytics, Project Management, Scheduling, Business Analysis, Accounting, Process Improvement.
- Conducted Divisional and Corporate level month-end closing cycles.
- Successfully handled accounting for various communities.
- Maintained, analyzed, and reconciled all Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Successfully applied and used completed contract method for Revenue recognition and cost of sales.
- Worked with Regional and Divisional Managers to resolve variances and identified opportunities for improvement.
- Recognized saving $50K towards past duplicate payments to a vendor.
- Enhanced productivity by developing several excel macros for reducing entry time and cross-referencing errors.
- Effectively reviewed backlog and gross margin reports.
- Maintained General Ledger integrity and prepared work papers for balance sheet accounts.
Associate Senior Project Accountant Resume
Headline : Twenty Years' experience in various stages of Business Management and Accounting Managerial and Human Resource experience, Staff supervision and training, Project Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Billing coordination, and Internal / External Audits. Extensive Accounting skills including AP, AR, Payroll, Taxes, Expense Reconciliation, Purchase orders, Cost center distribution and Vendor negotiation.
Skills : Excel, Word, Quickbooks, Business Objects, Discoverer, Oracle.
- Conducted closes and performed forecasts for certain clients monthly, yearly and across 3 fiscal years.
- Managed the finances for multiple projects with $1M in revenue for several clients.
- Ensured projects were set-up, maintained and closed properly.
- Created monthly analysis reports on the projects' data in Business Objects and Discoverer.
- Worked with project staff and accounting clerks to have projects invoiced and sent out to clients in a timely manner.
- Maintained proper project and contractual documentation.
- Created Business Objects reports that tracked labor on a mainframe that was discontinued ensuring department heads could control expenses.
Senior Project Accountant/Consultant Resume
Summary : Experienced financial and accounting professional in budgets, forecasting, construction accounting, financial analysis, risk management, cash management and internal and external reporting are also within knowledge and skill sets.
Skills : Crystal Report Maker,Sage Timberline,DELTEK Vision,Pivolt,JD.
- Completes accurate and timely project set-up in the financial systems (Sage 2000 (Timberline).
- Monitors and reviews project costs for accuracy and make applicable adjusting entries.
- Prepares and analyzes project adjustments as applicable; identify potential risks and communicate appropriately.
- Ensures projects are billed in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with owner/contractual requirements; may include contractual agreements including foreign currency translation issues.
- Monitors problem accounts receivable items including past due problem accounts; escalate to appropriate level for resolution.
- Prepares and issues timely accurate job cost reports to management on a monthly basis.
- Completes timely and accurate project closeout activities in conjunction with Project Management and in accordance with owner and contractual requirements.
- Interfaces with owners and other project/department management on projects with standard and non-standard owner billing requirements Compile and review account reconciliations for accuracy, and resolve reconciliation issues for assigned projects.
- Supports process improvement opportunities to drive consistent tools and processes by using technology/customer service relations with subcontractors and owner representatives.
Senior Project Accountant Resume
Summary : Hard working Project Accountant with 10 year background in Construction accounting. Proficient in Microsoft Office, JD Edwards and Constructware as well as excellent communication and time management skills. Handles a variety of tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
Skills : Process Improvement, Excel.
- Processes subcontractor monthly payment requests.
- Builds relationships with clients and subcontractors.
- Processes vendor invoices and code correctly.
- Enters subcontracts, change orders, preliminary notices, and releases in the accounting software.
- Prepares owner billings.
- Releases payments once owner funding and all correct paperwork has been received.
- Collects and reviews Certified Pay Roll weekly.
- Works with Project Managers to keep projects on budget.
- Reports monthly cash flow projections to the Controller.