Shipping Manager Resume
Summary : Shipping Manager is responsible for all aspects of the shipping process. This includes the collection, transportation, and delivery of products to customers. The Shipping Manager must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Skills : Warehouse, Landscaping, Renovation work.
- Supervised the activities of up 15 warehouse workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products or materials.
- Planned work schedules and assigns duties for a crew of 15 in order to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
- Issued shipping instructions and provided routing information, work requirements, delivery times and locations to crew in order to ensure quality and timely delivery of products.
- Determined staffing requirements, and trained new workers in proper operational procedures and functions, and explained company policies that resulted in increased production.
- Inspected work areas and operating equipment to ensure conformance to established standards in areas such as cleanliness and maintenance.
- Observed and evaluated workers' performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications and to company standards Met with managers and other supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations and to solve work-related problems.
- Performed the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance when needed.
- Prepared and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, and inspection results.
General Education Diploma
Assistant Shipping Manager Resume
Objective : Resourceful and quick-thinking Job Title with Number years in warehouse and inventory management. Improves shipping and receiving efficiency and accuracy by applying strong leadership skills. Language -speaking Freight Handler with transportation and logistics background. Trained in warehouse safety standards and procedures. Reliable Warehouse Worker with extensive experience operating reach truck, slip truck, order picker and electric pallet jack.
Skills : Front end suspension and alignment asc certified back in 2004., Shipping And Receiving.
- Loaded products weighing up to Number pounds onto trailers for delivery.
- Processed Number shipments per Time period Loaded and unloaded pieces into boxes for shipment.
- Maximized sales by shipping on time and accurately.
- Built a motivated warehouse team of Number well-trained staff.
- Moved freight, stock and other materials to and from storage and production areas and loading docks.
- Received, stored and shipped goods and materials.
- Tagged all inbound merchandise with receiving date.
- Sorted cargo before loading and unloading.
High School Diploma
Transportation/Shipping Manager Resume
Objective : An extremely hard working and experienced individual with over four years experience working in a busy warehouse environment. I am efficient, goal oriented, and able to prioritise my work well. I listen to instruction and follow direction, and am able to work effectively as both a team member and independently. I am aware of the safety precautions required in a warehouse environment and understand the importance of educating myself and following required rules and regulations.
Skills : Inventory Management, Shipping / Receiving, Order Fulfillment, Training, Supervising, Recruiting,.
- Handle the task of supervising shipping and receiving departments.
- Monitor shipments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handle the task of verifying the material contents of received packages.
- Establish operational procedures for activities, such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposing of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Supervise employees, schedule shipments, resolve supply issues, and determine warehouse operation procedures.
- Sent completed orders to designated area utilizing pallet jacks.
- Support in maintaining and managing quarterly physical inventory count at the facility.
Warehouse Shipping Manager Resume
Objective : Highly experienced Warehouse/Shipping Manager with the drive, determination and proven ability to oversee the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of inventory. Possess over 10 years of experience with inventory control, shipping / receiving, order fulfillment, process improvement, training and supervising employees.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Sap, Ramp.
- Responsible for 35 salaried and hourly professionals.
- Conducted orientation meetings for all new employees.
- Held daily safety audits as well as daily production meeting.
- Ordered all supplies needed to keep production output at peak performance.
- Managed payroll for up to thirty-five employees.
- Handled the nonconforming material process.
- Recognized as a creative and effective strategic planner and problem solver for improving production levels, product quality and decreasing lost time.
- Ensured that all loads leaving the facility were delivered in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
Logistics/Shipping Manager Resume
Summary : Able to help in the progress of the organization through my extensive knowledge and experience in manufacturing/packaging operations, quality control systems, diagnosing product needs, warehouse management, and maintaining strong relationships with vendors and customers.
Skills : Bilingual Microsoft Office, Microsoft Works, Excel, Time Matters, Triad Systems, Windows 7, Windows 8, H.P. Software, Familiar With Lean Flow Program, Forklift Experience. Exhibit Initiative, Urgency, And Strong Work Ethic Etc.
- Monitor employee performance.
- Assign employees to pick, package, ship products and materials to customers.
- Reconcile daily data and complete reports.
- Assist with manpower needs to supplement Production Department.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that customer specific requirements are met.
- Observe current and projected work loads to determine when additional help may be needed to meet deadlines.
- Interface with our customers through various means to ensure that we are in compliance with their prescribed shipping methods and requirements.
- Recommend, implement, and support continuous improvement within the department and company to improve employee performance, quality control, productivity, efficiency, and cost reduction.
Assisted Shipping Manager Resume
Objective : A hardworking, pro-active individual with an upbeat attitude and over 19 years of hands-on experience in effective warehouse shipping and receiving operations, is currently looking for a management position. Accurate, responsible, and exceptionally alert to compliance standards and errors. Detail-oriented and possesses strong analytical skills used in effective decision making.
Skills : Management Human Resource.
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules and adjusts accordingly to ensure adequate staffing levels.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through on time LOS, quality and accurate loads, effective communication, and relationship building.
- Coordinate all operations of the shipping department.
- Conduct weekly customer calls to address any issues that they might be having.
- Unload, stage, stock, replenish, sort, and load freight, using a forklift, pallet jack and a reach truck.
- Coordinate resources and scheduling with other departments to ensure utilization of personnel to meet or exceed daily customer orders.
- Promote housekeeping to ensure a safe and accident free work environment.
- Manage order selection, pick/pack operations and Radio Frequency scanning to consistently meet order deadlines.
Bachelor Of Science
Shipping Manager & Purchaser Resume
Summary : Conscientious, straightforward Transportation Supervisor with more than 15 years of successful experience in Transportation, Customer Service, and Sales. Proven ability to think quickly, use creative and proactive methods to resolve issues and provide seamless service to customers. Recognized for completing projects on time and to the satisfaction of the customer. Persuasive negotiator with an outstanding work ethic and dedication to the job.
Skills : Computer Skills, Word And Excel, Management, Customer Service.
- Work closely with domestic and international customers to provide best shipping options and routing of shipments.
- Create customer specific templates for labels/upc's using Excel & Labelview Invoicing, mailing/emailing invoices, process customer credit card payments.
- Update customer's compliance information regularly using Microsoft Word.
- Schedule the work daily, calculating the time needed to process and ship orders.
- Managing the work flow and monitor the team of the shipping department to ensure orders were processed and shipped correctly and on time according to customer specifics.
- Prepare team member review documents & sit down one on one to review accomplishments and improvement needed.
- Train new members of shipping department team.
Certificate In Retail Floristry
Production And Shipping Manager Resume
Objective : A management position capitalizing on my leadership, professionalism, and interpersonal skills to assist an organization in conducting a profitable, professional business. A position with a growing organization dedicated to providing excellent service while improving business, customer, and employee relations. Where my strong leadership skills and all around knowledge as an operator can help me build strong business relationships while improving the company and exceeding all goals and expectations.
Skills : Inventory Managment, shipping and receiving managment, die caster, reposessition agent.
- Open the shipping department.
- Ship truck orders, boxes using a company application.
- Calibrate shipping scales for accurate measuring and pricing of orders.
- Schedule truck pickups, customer pickups, & same day messenger pickups.
- Ensure that shipping line workers stayed productive throughout the day.
- Make sure that packages and truck orders were handled carefully and packaged correctly.
- Managed for three years with very low rate of shipping errors.
Bachelor Of Science
Asst. Shipping Manager Resume
Summary : Hardworking Warehouseman specializing in forklift operation, efficient loading and unloading of merchandise. Adaptable Warehouseman with extensive experience in material handling, inspections and shipping and receiving. Focused on continual process improvement and cost reduction. 20 years of Forklift & Pallet Jack experience Experience with Vocollect voice activated picking system and Lean logistics Shipping system Warehouse Worker accomplished in organizing shipments and loading trucks for fast and efficient customer delivery.
Skills : Forklift Operator, Pallet Jack, Receiving, Shipping And Receiving, Shipping And Receiving.
- Negotiated bulk shipping discounts with contracted carriers.
- Unloaded, picked, staged and loaded products for shipping.
- Conducted monthly, quarterly and yearly inventories of warehouse stock.
- Operated UPS on line Pro ship shipping system efficiently and accurately.
- Oversaw warehousing and storage practices and housekeeping.
- Received incoming shipments and reviewed contents against purchase order for accuracy.
- Transported goods from racks, shelves and vehicles.
- Installed protective bracing, padding and strapping to prevent shifting and damage to items during transport.
Bachelor Of Science
Night Shipping Manager Resume
Summary : Very skilled in a lot of areas from operating all kinds of heavy equipment and experience in shipping and routing and warehouse work and forklifts and loading and unloading truck. and also physical inventory.
Skills : Forklift Operator.
- Managed daily shipping for an international reseller and manufacturer in the Pharmaceutical, Paint and Grinding Industry.
- Verified accuracy of shipments by counting, weighing, or measuring items and comparing size, weight, description, and code numbers with information on invoice or packing slip and purchase orders; record any discrepancies or damage.
- Coordinated daily shipments domestically and internationally via telephone and internet communications.
- Responsible for weekly inventory reports of products and supplies.
- Served as a liaison between shipping department and various vendors and customers.
- Maintained computerized inventory records, performed physical count periodically, and checked against inventory control totals using computer.
- Negotiated through freight forwarders and other shippers to get the cheapest quotes for deliveries with Pitt OHIO, R and L and other transportation companies.
- Tracked all daily shipments and followed up with customers with updates and other information pertaining to their orders.
B.S. In Business Management
International Shipping Manager Resume
Headline : Dedicated manager possessing in-depth knowledge of shipping and receiving, as well as advanced understanding of the trucking industry. Personable and friendly with superb negotiation and motivation skills.
Skills : Technical knowledge of machines used in shipping process.
- Advise clients on transportation and payment methods.
- Notify consignees, passengers, or customers of freight or baggage arrival and arrange for delivery.
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Estimate freight or postal rates and record shipment costs and weights.
- Keep records of all goods shipped, received, and stored.
- Enter shipping information into a computer by hand or by a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods.
- Check import or export documentation to determine cargo contents and use tariff coding system to classify goods according to fee or tariff group.
Shipping Manager Resume
Summary : Retain 16 years of shipping/warehouse management experience which includes but not limited too scheduling deliveries (LTL, TL, EXPO, LOCAL Runs). Billing finished product, producing Bill of Lading, managing up too 20 people. I have 9 years experience inventory management which includes verifying stock, cycle counts and packing of product awaiting shipments daily. I have 5 years experience of crown stand up reach and crown electric sit down fork lifts in a warehouse environment.
Skills : Sales Closing, Sales Strategies/Tactics, Client Relationship Management, Team Leadership, Contract Negotiations, Territory Growth Management.
- Responsible for shipping, inventory, and transportation operations while directing warehousing activities for 50 team members including 15 transfer drivers.
- Established operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of EU's, and keeping warehouse inventory accurate.
- Support all human resource processes at the facility such as staffing all positions, training, and development of team members.
- Increased shift accuracy percentages thru proper training and development.
- Achieved and maintained a 99.90% level of shift efficiency thru stream lining the scan processes.
- Initiated strategic transportation route planning and equipment maintenance increasing outbound revenue.
- Lowered carrier costs by reviewing existing contracts and bringing in new carriers.
Master of Science