Staff Software Engineer Resume
Summary : Extensive experience in all phases of the product development cycle. Effectively analyzes, designs, implements, and tests client/server programs. Enhances software through feature addition and defect remediation with the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction. Experienced in creating test plans and cases and in using an automated testing framework to verify software functionality.
Skills : Languages: C/C++, Java, HTML, Variants Of PL/I, CL, Communication Protocols: TCP/IP, APPC Network Protocols: CIFSPlatforms: IBM I
- Created IBM i operating system code, using c/c++, within schedule and budget constraints.
- Developed, maintained, and supported host server code, enabling IBM and 3rd-party client applications to access services within the IBM i operating system via TCP/IP and SSL connections.
- Designed, developed, and documented server internal programming interfaces for IBM and 3rd-party client developers, supplying interfaces upon request.
- Enhanced, maintained, and supported an smb client, allowing customer access to the latest Windows and Linux servers as well as to network-attached storage (NAS) devices.
- Provided solutions to software defects and customer concerns, improving customer experience with the IBM i operating system.
- Performed unit testing on all code developed, fixing all problems discovered during testing.
- Developed Java client programs to run on Windows and Linux in order to test host server code, ensuring correctness.
- Enhanced and maintained an internally developed automated test framework written with the c++ programming language to effectively test file system software.
- Created and modified test plans and cases and used them to perform functional verification tests, verifying the correctness of new software features.
- Performed functional verification regression tests, utilizing existing test plans and cases and validating the results.
- Documented problems identified during testing and provided debugging information to developers, verifying code correctness prior to release.
- Tested an IBM product used by a major customer to confirm proper functioning on a new release of the IBM i operating system, resulting in customer upgrading to the new release.
BS Computer Science
Staff Software Engineer Resume
Summary : Results oriented Mobile Application Lead with 10 years of experience in both development and lead positions. I make it my goal to create software with the user in mind, creating applications with a useable and intuitive user interface experience. I am constantly striving to learn new technologies and look to ways to better myself in this rapidly changing industry.
- Leadership in delivering mobile solutions across various platforms including ipad, iphone, android and other devices.
- Establish and drive mobile framework and deployment and provisioning methodology.
- Help mobile technical team and guide them through the technology transitions.
- Work with user experience team to translate wireframes and designs into code. Reviewing the estimation, analysis and solution document, and technical specification.
- Digital command center is a website and mobile app that gives a 360-degree view of digital business and helps leaders to take decisions based on the view.
- Role requirement gathering, frontend architecture, development and integration with web services. Language/framework/tool angular js, polymer, bootstrap, flexbox, rally, agile.
- Worked and deployed system status notification app for iPhone and apple watch for global CIO and IT leaders. Fully integrated with service now. This app will notify leaders if there is an incident in service now.
- Role requirement gathering, frontend architecture, development and integration with web services.
- Developing field alert application which sends weather information and notification to the engineers working in the fields.
BS Computer Science
Lead Staff Software Engineer Resume
Summary : 16+ years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, and Implementation of Software Products and Modules for Fault-tolerant Payment Applications, E-commerce Applications-Retail and Supply Chain Lead Software Development Teams and Software Life-cycles as Team Lead.
Skills : Apache, CSS, CVS, Junit, Rest, Java/J2EE/JEE, REST, JSON, Vertex, Redis, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, Oracle, Docker, JMS and Open Source Technologies.
- The horizon is a cyber source application which handles payment transactions over the internet for a vast number of enterprise clients. The application is capable of handling high volume transactions (2700 transaction per second with a record of 40 million transactions in a single day in a peak season).
- The application is designed to take loads and prevent failures through a system of front-end servers, database and MQ servers and various automated systems of file emergency file handlers and post-processing systems.
- Common gatekeeper is an application which grants the authentication and authorization for all the incoming URLs i.e. Either rest apis or portal applications. Based on the income services its defined which authentication mechanism should be called.
- Designed and implemented the common gatekeeper services which authenticate the API rest services.
- Design and implemented micro rest services for the payment processing system. Designed and developed the rest services which are used for the authenticating and authorizing the APIs.
- Designed and develop keys generation with symmetric and asymmetric keys.
- Design and developed a secured application from end to end data in rest and data in transit.
- Written extensive junits to cover all the aspects of the functionality.
- Creating rpms for the deployment. These artifacts used for deploying on QA, pre-prod, and production.
- Implemented and designed common gatekeeper services which are used to authenticate all the rest apis and portal applications.
Staff Software Engineer Resume
Summary : Competent IT professional with an excellent technical, organizational and communication skills. A proven ability to combine technical and leadership to deliver a quality result. Hands-on experience in both support and a lead role in a high-pressure fast pace environment. A quick learner of new and latest technology.
Skills : Large-scale Data Analysis, Scalable Architecture, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Network Security, Solution Architecture
- Lead test team on multiple projects through entire project development life cycle.
- Worked with the development team, business team and customer from concept to finalizing their business requirements.
- Ensure designs meet specifications, lead the team to the resolution of problems in development, test phase. Engage and coordinate with other organizations and partners for end to end testing, and oversee the deployment into production.
- Develop project plans, designate work to be accomplished by each team member, and track to successful completion. Manage and report on project financials, manage change requests, develop project cost estimates and proposals, advise on staffing, report on project status to management weekly and monthly.
- Led a team of testers to build software releases, perform regression testing and support the installation of the code to the sit (e2e), pre-prod and prod environments which included 160+ software releases in total.
- Participates in project sizing which involves hours utilization using the wbs process, projection of resources needed to accommodate the project.
- Ensure product reliability and quality by interlocking with upstream and downstream connecting systems, preparing, executing regression, functional testing and provide test metrics within the Hawthorne fulfillment group.
Senior Staff Software Engineer Resume
Summary : Seeking a challenging position where my experience in server software development area will be optimally utilized. Over 15 years experience in large scale multi-threaded system programming on both Linux & Windows. Proficient in C/C++/C#, OOD, TCP/IP communication. Expertise in Java, SQL/ODBC, web service.
Skills : Java, VMware VSphere SDK, ASP.NET, Android, TCP/IP, SIP, Web Service, SQL/ODBC, IIS/FTP, XML, HTTP/HTTPS, LDAP, Axis2c, OpenSSL, LumenVox Speech Recognition, Linux & Windows Programming, Including Multi-threading, TCP/IP, Services, GUI, C/C++/C# Programming, OOD, Design Patterns
- Developed financial interactive voice response solution for fiserv on linux os.
- Design, develop and enhance IP PBX switching system, including sip protocol, network communications, com API interfaces, service and GUI applications.
- Design & develop private cloud deployment system with vmware vsphere API, web service, and database.
- Analyze, program, and modify auto call distribution system with Microsoft sky for business.
- Handle customer requirements from analyzing, proposal writing, developing to unit tests.
- Collaborate closely with groups on miscellaneous projects, such as integrating with Salesforce web page, chat and speech recognition systems.
- Worked as a key person in developing financial interactive voice response solution for Fiserv. Maintain high performance in designing & developing programs, quick response to customer questions.
- Enhanced IP PBX system in SDK server-side code, using well-designed classes to replace old structured functions, memory usage reduced to 15%, thread performance dramatically increased.
- Applied observer and composite design patterns to enhance configuration service, make it treat all configuration parts and clients in a unique way.
- Enhanced IP phone service using well-designed class architecture, so new types of IP phones can be supported easily.
- Extended technologies are used to develop services, applications & libraries on Linux & windows.
Lead Staff Software Engineer Resume
Summary : Expertise in the computer industry as a staff software developer, technical lead, senior tools automation developer, system/application, development and Q/A automation in UNIX/Linux and Windows environments, ranging from design and development to customer support. Expertise in analyzing, design, develop and build automated systems in development and SQA environment.
Skills : OS: UNIX (System V, SCO, HP-UX, Pyramid, Solaris, Fujitsu), Linux (Red Hat), Mac OS-X, XENIX, DOS, WINDOWS Software and Languages: HTML, XML, PHP, Expect, C, Python, SQL, SHELL, INFORMIX-4GL, INFORMIX- SQL, Curses, BASH, C-SHELL, TCL, Apache Tools: CVS, ClearCase, TET DataBases: MySQL, Informix Hardware: Fujitsu SPARC Series (PRIMEPOWER, OPL, M Series), Oracle/Sun (T and M Series), Fujitsu X86 PRIMEQUEST, Other Intel Xeon and AMD X86 based systems. Virtualization: Oracle VM, XEN, VirtualBox.
- Responsible for design, implementation, and build of an automated scheduling system for Solaris os tests. The system consisted of tens of different Fujitsu, Oracle, and x86 hardware servers running different operating systems and patches.
- The automated system was a fire-and-forget web GUI system which would allow engineers to run multiple tasks (such as running test, rebooting system, applying updates, etc. ) with just a few clicks.
- I was awarded Fujitsu international system product group for efficiency and improvement, which resulted in saving millions of dollars in few years.
- Worked on Fujitsu ai system (sai). Sai is an ai server for prediction anomalies.
- Based on sensor logs. Sai is an artificial intelligence engine for detect and predicting anomalies, based on data collected by various sensors. Detection can.
- Responsible to design, implement, and create a web-based GUI system for keeping result tracks, predicting anomalies and results of Solaris os tests on Fujitsu and Oracle servers.
- Designed, created, and implement XML based patch tracking system for tracking products and patches. The application was also designed for better.
- Internal communication between engineers regarding a specific patch, product, or os.
- Responsible for developing and automating Solaris os test suites mainly in encryption and cryptography areas such as ssh, OpenSSL, crypto, encrypted.
BS Computer Science
Staff Software Engineer Resume
Summary : Client Server developer programmer with advanced technical and mathematical background and strong logic skills. Permanent / consulting position. Preferably, with responsibilities for providing technical leadership to clients and internal project team in management and development of applications, systems architecture, database design and implementation, network strategy, architecture and enhancement.
- Software architecture for applications in the areas of media-based workflow management, digital cinema, digital security.
- Implemented the flash client and servlets for data relay server to use with the sony ziris digital signage system for Miami heat stadium used: Java, JSP, ActionScript, jquery, HTML, CSS, Ajax, XML XSLT XPath.
- Was part of the design and development team that defined and build the media backbone conductor product which automates the post-production of movies and broadcast television.
- Designed and built SOA services for the media backbone conductor. The technologies used were java, soap web services, flow services and business process models (bpm) using web methods business process management suite (bpms), Oracle DB, and Linux.
- Customized MBC product for RSI, one of the clients of Sony. The assignment consisted of automating their internal file movements and manual post-production process. Worked under strong deadlines to complete tasks for reaching the client timeline.
- Customized MBC product for Comcastast by automating Comcast system to play the short term content or long-term content using the web services hosted by Comcast for talking to their devices.
- Participated in a skilled team that wrote mbc technical proposals for potential clients like Sony pictures entertainment, HBO, color works. Wrote the user interface section of the technical proposals.
- Stadium view provides live, HD highest-quality video feeds of a sporting event in-progress from selected premium stadium locations, ability to record and replay on-demand selected feeds.
- Participated in the design and development web applications: back office system -a digital cinema related application- and salsa -a software application that interfaces with the point of sale for a movie schedule- for commercial 2k and 4k.
Staff Software Engineer II Resume
Summary : Experienced results-oriented, resourceful and problem-solving engineer with in-depth knowledge and experience in systems architecture, project management, software design methodologies, software design patterns, and object-oriented design and development. Demonstrated experience with Medical Device design and development in an ISO and FDA regulated work environment. Certified scrum master with a track record of leading complex Agile programming projects.
Skills : UML, C++, CLEARCASE, JAVA, Subversion, ISO, MEDICAL DEVICE, DOORS, FMEA, CAPA
- Responsible for providing technical process leadership in-support of defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast-paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
- Responsible for ensuring a complete and cohesive design history file (dhf). Ensured compliance with CFR 820. 30 design controls and iso 14971 medical device risk management.
- Captured system level requirements through collaboration with Sr. Architects, data scientists, businesses and product managers. Published requirements in doors. Established and published requirement traceability.
- Supported evaluation and determination of appropriate product and system safety characteristics.
- Identified scope of the work, provided and supported initial estimates. Coordinated software release activities.
- Resolved impediments. Managed risks and dependencies. Facilitated release planning/program increment readiness and planning events.
- Engaged in technical discussions; participated in technical design discussions and reviews and ensured consideration of iso, FDA and other regulations and standards.
- Helped in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules.
- Ensured risk management activities are conducted and completed in a timely manner.
- Supported defect management activities. Provided post-market risk assessment and change control.
- Lead preparation for and response to regulatory inquiries (audits), including capa.
MS Computer Science
Staff Software Engineer (Contract) Resume
Headline : Over 13 years of hands-on experience in software architecture, design and development for enterprise applications. Experienced in leading and mentoring teams. Worked directly with management and on cross team projects. Versatile and ready to tackle new projects and technologies using Agile.
Skills : Amazon DYNAMODB, Hadoop, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, AWS, Best Practices, Java, MapReduce, Hive, Scala
- Designed, developed & leaded the migration of auth-cs transaction linkage project to a more scalable Hadoop based application using map reduce, java that associates authorization and settlement transaction and subsequently propagates various merchant attributes across.
- This application using a set of business rules in ranking and shortlisting the one to multi cases using various matching criteria. This association data is being used across various downstream application including merchant apis & aggregates.
- Worked on POC using data mining techniques to improve the dataset and in building a machine learning classifier that uses supervised and unsupervised learning techniques to predict merchant store locations in a geographical location based on demographical data.
- Worked and consulted the product team in designing, developing various merchant profile aggregates and merchant views deriving analytics and volume metrics using big data spark/scala, Hadoop & hive. These views are being accessed by 300+ business users and integrated with various other applications to become the single source of truth in the merchant domain.
- Worked on merchant name and geography enrichments using raw transaction data through various cleansing and standardizing techniques using various matching techniques and analytics.
- Built a machine learning model using gradient boost classifier through supervised learning techniques to classify the top merchants.
- Designed & developed various pattern rule-based matching processes in Hadoop using weightage techniques to match & enrich various datasets (mbrp/psp & ammf.
Staff Software Engineer I Resume
Summary : A well-rounded software engineer with 7+ years of experience in software development with excellent communication skills and a passion for technology Strong C/C++ development experience Embedded Software Development Experience with VxWorks, LynxOS RTOS Good experience of 3G Protocols Experience of software development and debugging on ARM processors.
Skills : Embedded Linux Device Driver Development on ARM/PPC, Programing Languages: C, C++, C#, Java, Bash, Perl, Expect, Python Device Drivers Serial, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, Bluetooth, WIFI, Assembly Languages: ARM, Cortex M3, MSP430, ColdFire, PowerPC, RTOS/IDE Keil RTX, Code Composer, VxWorks, GNU Tool Chain Debugging Tools Oscilloscope, GDB, Keil, Code Composer Protocols IP, TCP, UDP, SS7, GSM, 3GPP, SONET DSP/Algorithms DFT, Various Filters, Decimation, Interpolation, Curve Fitting Domain Knowledge Seismic Data Gathering, GPS, RF Communication, Data Communication, Telecommunication, Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL
- Developed the embedded software in C on Linux for three generations of seismic recording product on three different processors Coldfire, PowerPC, and Arm.
- Designed and implemented seismic recording module for analog channel or geophone. It modulates/demodulates the serial data from a sampling MCU and encodes/decodes packets. It further performs fir to decimate raw data to a sampling rate specified by a seismic crew.
- Researched and implemented dft for calculating natural frequency of the geophone connected. Implemented code testing frequency interference from power line for geophone. Implemented algorithms calculating attributes of trace recorded, such as first arrival time and energy decline.
- Developed precision timing module in kernel space providing accurate pps of error <25 µs. Pps trims to an external GPS signal and it maintains minimal drift error while the chip is powered off for the maximal amount of time power saving.
- Developed radio communication module that encodes/decodes messages from radio MCU and on radio board. It receives and stores data from the central controller and triggers the actions ordered by a human operator.
- Coded power management module for sleep and wakeup. Implemented module to slow down CPU/SDRAM clocks after boot for power saving.
- Developed msp430 software in assembly to providing timing pulse on radio board. It interacts with the arm9.
- Built framework for configuration management, alarming mechanism, and logging for debugging.
- Built numerous software tools and scripts for testing and many automate manual laborious tasks. Developed c# windows tools for QC seismic data in the field.
- Prototyped cortex m0 of energy micro and Freescale for precision timing device trying to manage timing drift less than 800µs over 24 hours of no GPS pps.
- Prototyped an approach using dual-core cortex m4/m0 for next generation of recording node. Tried to record seismic with cortex m0 on and wakeup m4 for sd card writing and for QC access through wifi for power saving.
- Supported i2c temperature sensor tmp431, spi 16 bits dac, i2c rtc in linux kernel space and in application space.
Staff Software Engineer Resume
Summary : Quality-driven, hands-on Software Engineer with experience in designing and implementing software and database solutions for new and existing products in the retail and insurance industries and tape storage systems. Strong communicator recognized for exceptional Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and global teaming skills.
Skills : Relational Database Programming, SQL, C, AIX, Korn Shell, Java, REXX, Perl, HTML, PowerBuilder, Visual Basic.
- Designed, developed, and implemented database functionality of IBM ts7700 virtualization engine for the system z virtual tape storage system on aix Unix platform. Utilized db2, embedded SQL in C, Korn shell, Perl and REXX scripts. Led design and development of coding specifications and estimates, created and managed schedules, and presented status at team lead meetings for new product releases.
- Oversaw project development effort and database implementation that won the customer back by increasing number of logical volumes supported in ts7700 virtualization engine from 1m to 4m, including expediting support of 2.6m volumes prior to general availability of full 4m support.
- Created solid test plan and coordinated testing with 4m volume changes which expedited delivery by detecting code limitations earlier in the development cycle.
- Ensured quality delivery by identifying code inconsistencies prior to delivering to test.
- Directed database convergence of IBM total storage enterprise 3494 tape library on the pc-based os/2 platform into ts7700, which supported newer technology, improved performance, increased storage capacity and addressed end-of-life equipment used by 3494 libraries.
- Consolidated error codes and reduced duplicate logic for error checking by leading development effort which utilized db2 database to store hardware and software error reporting data for ts7700 rather than hard-coded in logic.
- Coded db2-based system which tracked product fix packs installed on a ts7700 machine, allowing for greater flexibility in maintaining multiple code levels.
- Ensured new database functionality was thoroughly tested and quality products were released by performing in-depth code reviews, reviewing and approving test plans, and running beam tool on code changes, incorporating fixes in code.
- Analyzed database performance using db2 event monitor, advise and explain utilities and designed improvements based on results.
- Reduced system downtime from corrupted databases by developing an in-depth action plan for product field engineers (pfe) and developers to address damaged db2 databases.
- Improved customer satisfaction by collaborating with pfe and IBM support center in resolving field issues for worldwide customer accounts and responding to off-duty pager calls as liaison for daily support.
- Partnered with team members locally and across geographies in Japan and guadalajara on product designs, coding, testing, and troubleshooting code bugs.