Substitute Teacher Resume
Objective : Caring and nurturing Substitute Teacher K-12 with 3 plus years of successful experience in working with children. Proven ability to build and work collaboratively in a strong team concept environment as well as independently. Detailed oriented with powerful work ethic, problem-solving, communication, interpersonal and teamwork expertise. Excellent personal motivation. To work in a professional and team-oriented facility where I can utilize my education, experience, and leadership skills in a professional work environment.
Skills : Teaching, Student Teaching, Microsoft Office, Drawing, Customer Service, Research, Retail
- Adapting teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establishing and enforcing rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Conferring with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- Maintaining accurate, complete, and correct student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Preparing, administering, and grading tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
- Instructing through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects, such as English, Mathematics, or Social studies.
- Establishing clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate these objectives to students.
- Assisting students who need extra help, such as tutoring and preparing and implementing remedial programs.
- Preparing objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
Master Of Science
Substitute Teacher K-12 Resume
Objective : Substitute Teacher K-12 focused on being a good role model for students by exhibiting and reinforcing positive behaviors. Extensive experience in a therapy-based environment while working with children with behavior and emotional disturbances as well as autistic children as a mobile therapist. Has a passion for instilling and maintaining the importance of learning health and fitness.
Skills : Blackboard, Elluminate, Study Island, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Reader, PowerPoint, Word, Audacity, Sharepoint, Google Apps, Effective Internet Research And Determination Of Site Validity
- Responsibilities included implemented and instructed core subjects to all grade levels in various schools.
- Consulted with peers to discipline an uncontrollable student challenged by noncompliant and aggressive behavior, instituted effective behavior modification techniques and reinforced positive behavior to sustain a calm and controlled classroom.
- Created and integrated lesson plans in the teacher's absence, successfully completed transition where teacher ended.
- Communicated with parents, pupils and other teachers on a regular basis.
- Wrote up and leaving the teacher a report about how the school day went.
- Used appropriate judgment to act in the best interest of students at all times.
- Identified instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Demonstrating the ability to clearly understand and follow directions from senior teachers.
- Knowledge of procedures for things like disciplining pupils and classroom evaluation.
- Successfully managed all grade levels K-12 in providing a core base learning environment.
Bachelors Of Science
Special Education Teacher Assistant/Substitute Teacher Resume
Headline : A dedicated and focused Special Education Teacher Assistant/Substitute Teacher who excels at prioritizing responsibilities, completing multiple tasks simultaneously, and following through to achieve project goals. Seeking a role of increased responsibility and opportunity to learn and grow. Seeking a career opportunity where I can utilize my experience and offer my instructional abilities, combined with my strong interpersonal skills and work ethic. I aim to provide a friendly and stimulating environment that encourages others while fostering confidence in order to realize my full potential.
Skills : MS Office, Action Based Learning, Strong Communicator, Developing Age Appropriate Lessons, Motivational Techniques, Hands-On Instruction, Smart Board Proficient, Cooperative Learning
- Reporting to the building principal or school secretary upon arrival at the school.
- Maintaining as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Performing all extra duties for the absent teacher as required by the building principal.
- Meeting and instructing assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Planning a program of study that, as much as possible, meeting the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Preparing for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
Bachelor Of Arts
Substitute Teacher/Teacher Assistant Resume
Summary : Substitute Teacher/ Teacher Assistant 18+ years of accomplished experience in empathizing, connecting, and empowering individuals from diverse environments, working with children and young adults experiencing crisis and/or who are socially excluded; and the ability to perform basic accounting functions. Superior communication skills, excellent customer service attitude, and the ability to maintain order amidst stressful and challenging situations. Technically proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other operating systems and internet tools.
Skills : Guidance & Counseling, Microsoft, Planning, Scheduling, Customer Service, Data Entry, Teaching, Administration
- Assuming full responsibility for general/exceptional student education and dual language classrooms, providing continuity and enhancement of the learning process.
- Maintaining and respecting the confidentiality of student and school personnel information.
- Maintaining a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school and county policies.
- Ensuring adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students.
- Taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Reporting to the office upon arrival at school, checking the mailbox of absent teacher for materials requiring immediate attention, requesting clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary.
- Reporting all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Implementing lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate.
Bachelors in Psychology
Freelance Substitute Teacher Resume
Summary : A diverse Freelance Substitute Teacher with in-depth experience in Customer Service, Time Management, Organizing, Reporting, Research, Administration skills, and Computer Technology. An ambitious worker who has completed coursework in education and science-related areas, including biology and chemistry. Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a desire for a career in education.
Skills : Communication, Curriculum Mapping, Technical, Creating Reports, Leadership, Lesson Planning, Multitasking, Conversational Spanish, Detail Oriented
- Communicated, collaborated, and cooperated with colleagues, supervisors, and students.
- Maintained, established routines and procedures of the curriculum, school, and classroom assigned.
- Assumed the responsibilities for instructing classes in the absence of an instructor.
- Assumed responsibility for overseeing students' behavior during class, lunch and other assigned activities.
- Consulted with principal, department or grade level head before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the lesson plans.
- Maintained appropriate records, including checking test papers, recording grades, preparing homework assignments for students, as well as assigning projects and the necessary clerical work required to maintain student records absent instructors/teachers.
- Provided individualized and small group assistance for students as indicated by lesson plans.
- Abided all district and individual school policies, rules and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching dictates.
Master's in Teaching
Long Term Substitute Teacher Resume
Headline : A highly motivated Long Term Substitute Teacher with a verifiable record of accomplishment, highly creative, results-oriented and solution-focused individual. Maintain equable, professional and friendly attitude throughout interactions with customers, even in the face of provocation. Demonstrated ability to adapt to challenges and changing environments.
Skills : Teaching, Administration, Wook Working, Microsoft Applications, Team Building, Management, Mathematics, Statistics
- Performed short - and long-term substitute assignments across all subject areas, effectively teaching students of varied academic levels, various age levels (grades k-12) and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Carried out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
- Guided the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Maintained a neat and orderly environment for the students and returning teacher.
- Effectively communicated classroom expectation for behavior in each classroom in accordance with school and county policies and procedures.
- Performed other related duties as directed by the school principal and administrative staff.
- Instructed classes of as many as 24 students, maintained communication with surrounding teachers, administrators, and parents, and built a positive rapport with students.
- Maintained a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment.
Bachelors of Science
Paraprofessional And Substitute Teacher Resume
Objective : Dedicated, goal-oriented, resourceful, and driven Paraprofessional And Substitute Teacher possessing a steadfast commitment to complete any all tasks set forth. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, necessary to promote meaningful and positive working relationships. Encourage understanding and acceptance of differences, personal and physical limitations, and cultural diversity. Exhibited ability to comprehend individuals' needs and interests in order to consistently meet the requirements of my job.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Keynote, TextEdit, Patient, Punctual, Communication And Creative
- Assumed all duties and responsibilities of the regular teacher, in a given day.
- Followed lesson plans provided by the classroom teacher to facilitate appropriate learning experiences for students.
- Communicated and interacted with students, staff, parents and the community as necessary.
- Developed, selected and modified instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Provided an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of children.
- Maintained appropriate records in the absence of the teacher and follows required procedures and practices.
- Monitored appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Provided instruction, administered tests and evaluations in reading, writing, and math.
Lead Substitute Teacher Resume
Summary : Lead Substitute Teacher eager to bring students into the love of learning using a unique combination of leadership experience coupled with a descriptive background in education. Dedicated to enthusiastic and dynamic teaching as a means of creating and nurturing a lifelong love of knowledge in children. Seeking a demanding, fast-paced administration, teaching and/or assisting role that leverages my orientation to action, passion to teach learn, and desire to assume broader responsibilities commensurate with my proven abilities.
Skills : Teaching, Lesson Plans, & Grade Papers, Provide Safe Environment For All Students. Nurturing Demeanor, People, Patience, Communication
- Meeting and instructing assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
- Reporting to the principal or his/her designee at the beginning and end of the school day.
- Filling in for teachers and providing instructions to students in accordance with the teacher's lesson plan.
- Managing student learning in accordance with the goals and directives of the school.
- Maintaining an accurate, complete, and appropriate records and filing reports promptly.
- Presenting to students to the appropriate lesson plans and training for skills and knowledge necessary to master academic requirements.
- Developing and implementing guidelines and competencies to master techniques necessary to become successful learners.
- Focussing lessons on language building, daily vocabulary awareness, and action related activities on math.
- Participating in many training opportunities for bettering the education sector.
Aide/Substitute Teacher Resume
Summary : A collaborative, passionate, Aide/Substitute Teacher who has great leadership qualities that affect people around me in a positive way and also help build great professional relationships that is productive and consistent. Seeking a position as an elementary school teacher in a multi-cultural setting, where I can dedicate myself to the children's development and to their educational needs.
Skills : Office Management, Records Management, Database Administration, Spreadsheets/Reports, Event Management, Calendaring
- Responsible for delivering teacher made instructions per class assignment.
- Providing children with learning experiences that promote their cognitive, social and emotional development.
- Administering appropriate disciplinary measures when students misbehaved.
- Accepting coaching from fellow teachers and administrators and immediately incorporated feedback.
- Tutoring students individually and in small groups to help them with difficult subjects.
- Ensuring strict supervision of students in the classroom, understanding safety, and emergency evacuation procedure and regulations.
- Guiding the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and best interest of the students.
- Ensuring that students are not behind in their class work by the absence of the classroom teacher.
Bachelor Of Science
Teacher Assistant/Substitute Teacher Resume
Summary : Highly-skilled Teacher Assistant/Substitute Teacher with in-depth experience in interpersonal communication, higher education, and customer relations. Customer service oriented with the ability to provide team-spirited leadership. Focused and profit drove through the maximization of productivity and profits by fostering independent decision-making and inspiring and developing others to work at their highest level. Detail oriented and self-motivated, the team member that desires a career in communications.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Social Networking, Team Building, Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Scheduling, Customer Service, Data Entry
- Enabled children to pursue their education endeavor as smoothly as possible in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Followed all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers have in place using good teaching practice.
- Remained in the assigned classroom until all students have been dismissed for the day.
- Assumed responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and surrounding areas.
- Maintained as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which he/she is assigned.
- Completed evaluation at the end of the day checked out with authorized personnel prior to leaving at the end of the day.
- Interacted effectively with students, co-workers, and parents, carried out non-instructional duties as assigned and/or as needed.
- Assigned student class work and homework, maintained classroom control and discipline.
Master Of Arts