Tax Manager Resume
Summary : Friendly and enthusiastic with 3 years of specialization in preparing taxes. Able to learn new tasks quickly and proficient in growing key customer relationships. Represents establishment with friendly, professional demeanor at all times.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Prosystems, Quickbooks.
- Clients were in technology, engineering, social media, manufacturing, investment management and pharmaceutical industries with gross revenues between $50 million and $1 billion.
- Led new client proposal presentations and discussions that resulted in $500,000 of additional revenue during my tenure.
- Drafted technical narratives for companies that requested assistance with choice of entity decisions, entity restructuring, tax free mergers and spin offs, taxable sales/purchases of business units, and accounting method change guidance.
- Reviewed federal and multi-jurisdictional single entity and consolidated corporate income tax returns, calculated quarterly estimated tax and extension payment amounts, drafted foreign ownership reports and required filings for foreign subsidiaries.
- Prepared quarterly and year-end income tax provision computations under ASC 740 including the assessment of required tax reserves and related disclosures per FIN 48, stock option accounting in conjunction with FAS 123R, computation of federal/state current and deferred tax expense, adjusting tax accounts to computed balances, and reconciling effective tax rate to statutory rates.
- Collaborated with client's attorneys, financial advisors and other external service providers to gather required information to complete engagements and to plan for subsequent reporting periods and the tax ramifications of future business initiatives.
- Tax controversy, audit and examination support involving presentation of underlying law to taxing authorities to support positions taken and to mitigate and reduce potential adjustments to tax liability.
B.S. In Business Administration
Sr. Tax Manager Resume
Headline : Public accounting and industry, organizational skills and personnel management to effectively contribute to the success of a dynamic, challenging organization and thereby achieving personal growth and success.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Lacerte software, Creative Solutions Accounting, Quickbooks.
- Prepared, reviewed and supervised the preparation of the federal, multi-state, and local corporate income and franchise tax returns including preparation and review of book-to-tax differences, project management with third party consultants, review of foreign reporting Form 5471, the disclosure requirements in connection with the Federal, state and foreign forms.
- Managing and driving the Company's Federal and State income tax audits and state notices including setting up and driving kick off meetings, presentation of the specific book-to-tax items to auditors, responses to information documentation request and addressing issues with auditors or state taxing authorities.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with various third party consultants, other internal functional groups like accounting, finance, and legal as required.
- The coordination involved discussion of issues, tax implications, expectations, timing, project management, and documentation.
- Prepare and review of quarterly and annual tax provision calculations including tax accounts reconciliation, I.R.C Section 199 calculation, R&D Credit, ASC 718 (formerly FAS 123R), other various book-to-tax differences, ASC 740 ((formerly "FAS 109" and "FIN 18") state tax reserves and the Company's deferred tax roll forward.
- Creation of various tax department policies and procedures including preparation of tax policy memorandums, implementation of policies and monitoring to ensure adherence to the policy for SOX purposes.
- Supervising and mentoring of two junior personnel, including recruiting, retention and training of tax technical knowledge.
Master Of Business
Jr. Tax Manager Resume
Summary : Hands-on tax manager with manager level experience in both industry and public accounting. Started with current company when it was forming a tax department, participated in creating tax policies and procedures, filing systems, etc. Maintain tax compliance software and depreciation software for long term care company that reached more than 400 nursing home facilities as well as pharmacy, staffing, therapy and hospice divisions.
Skills : ProSystem, Quickbooks Pro.
- Managed and supervised multiple staff to efficiently and effectively complete 25% of the corporation's federal tax returns including tax adjustment calculations, deferred balances, provision, and estimated tax calculations.
- Overhauled FIN 48 reserve analysis by automating the inclusion of informal claims into the calculation.
- Revamped schedules to mimic the footnote disclosure to reduce the calculation timeframe from days to hours.
- Developed and implemented the policy and procedures of preparing, reviewing and submitting voluntary self-adjustments to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to ensure that the adjustment was correct and all necessary documentation was presented to the IRS minimizing subsequent Information Document Requests (IDR).
- Designed the policy and procedures of tracking the IRS voluntary self-adjustments in the FAS 109 calculation to ensure that identified audit adjustments were properly reflected in the deferred tax calculations.
- Diagnosed that deferred tax balances lacked agreed upon audit adjustments, devised a plan to determine which balances were incorrect and facilitated the adjustment to correct balance.
- Reconciled National City Corporation entities' 900+ partnerships book and tax basis for 2008 and 2009 to determine the tax-deferred balances.
- Internal corporate point person for IRS audits related to conservation easements deduction including partnership agreements, tax returns, and related documents.
BS In Accounting
Tax Manager III Resume
Summary : As a Tax Manager, I have led and managed multiple complex tax engagements to deliver high quality tax services to public and private companies. Continue to develop and broaden my skills, provide quality services, and deliver quality work products to Clients and/or Management.
Skills : Fluent in Spanish ,word, excel, access, and power point.
- Assist client base with compliance and targeted planning strategies.
- Supervise staff in the preparation of tax compliance reporting for clients and/or their various entities.
- Utilize knowledge obtained from compliance activities to assist businesses and individuals in wealth transfer, tax minimization, deal structure, and business development decision-making.
- Supervise the preparation of financial statements and business entity (1120, the 1120S, 1065), individual (1040), trust (1041) and estate (706) filings as required by federal and state authorities.
- Collaborate with client advisors in developing estate and wealth transfer strategies and asset allocation within strategies selected.
- Assist executors/ trustees in maneuvering through administration by introducing an implementation of best practices and proper asset allocation strategies, with the goal of furthering the long-term objectives of the grantor/deceased.
- Assist business owners with structure and operational decision making, with the introduction of ideas designed to take advantage of newly enacted legislation.
- Research current rulings/legislation to advance client's goals through reactive/proactive decision making and planning on various issues, such as modification of asset valuation; loan restructuring; wealth transfer opportunities in the current market; planning for and efficiently using net operating losses.
J.D. In Business
Tax Manager II Resume
Headline : Performance driven individual with proven track record in the Tax areas of Compliance, Accounting, Audits, Research and Planning, Outsource and Insourcing Projects.
Skills : Advanced excel, ProSystem Fx & Drake tax prep software, Quickbooks, tax research.
- Responsible for FIN48 memorandum on tax issues and management of contingency tax reserves.
- Updating and monitoring internal controls for tax functions, in compliance with SOX, and adjusting process and procedures as necessary.
- Responsible for detailed review and timely filing of federal, foreign, state and local income and franchise tax returns, excise, and information return filings Domestic Assessment Notices, reviewed all open Domestic assessments and or notices.
- Assisting in gathering data for tax audits.
- Actively working to ensure proper documentation and safeguards are in place to minimize audit assessments.
- Sec 382 Analysis and Workup Presenting an accurate picture of the current tax law environment to Global Head of tax and management through the daily study of current developments in tax law legislation, tax court decisions, and tax trends in the financial services industry to address tax savings strategy opportunities or potential tax liability exposure.
- Serving as a business advisor to financial, legal and operations personnel on tax implications of new product launches, acquisition of new subsidiaries, and international expansion.
B.A. In Accounting
Tax Manager Associate Resume
Summary : A highly innovative tax practitioner with more than 10 years of successful, progressive experience in all phases of return preparation, review and ASC 740 compliance along with extremely strong technical skills. Proud to be a hands-on, proactive team member recognized for the exceptional ability to manage staff and provide clients with work products meticulously researched, prepared in a professional manner and delivered timely.
Skills : Tax Provision ASC 740, Federal and State Income Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax - Sales & Use Tax - VAT, Tax Research - Federal, State, Local, International, Tax Systems - OneSource & CorpTax.
- Prepared and reviewed tax returns for farming cooperatives.
- Helped with preparation and review of C and S corporations, partnerships and high net worth individuals.
- Reviewed ASC 740 calculations performed by the assurance department; made recommendations on how to improve collaboration between the assurance and tax practice groups in order to minimize both the number and size of required "true-ups" when preparing the following year's ASC 740 calculations.
- Transitioned the Tax Department from paper files to PFX Engagement and from ATX to ProFX Tax.
- Authored research memos on all aspects of tax compliance and planning.
- Assisted the Tax Department in the beginning phase of the IRS' appeals process, including attendance and participation in an 8-hour pre-appeals conference.
- Amended 1120-C/990-C returns filed by the firm to claim enhanced IRC Section 199 deductions for its clients in accordance with newly issued form instructions and 27 PLRs provided to other farming cooperatives with the exact same fact patterns were summarily denied by the regional IRS office.
Master's In Taxation
Property Tax Manager Resume
Summary : To obtain a position that utilizes my accounting knowledge and experiences while providing me opportunities to grow professionally.
Skills : Multistate Corporate Tax Guide: Sales and Use Tax for the Deloitte Center for Multistate Taxation, which is utilized by the majority of the Fortune 1000 companies.
- Responsible for various tax processes throughout the Corporate Tax Department.
- Managing the sales/use tax responsibilities for multiple legal entities within the organization, which includes timely filing of all sales/use tax returns, managing sales/use tax audits, researching taxability and maintaining the integrity of the systems utilized in this process Development of staff on sale/use tax processes and tax audits.
- The administrator of the income tax software system for the state filings.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance of the system for the state tax returns.
- Accepted responsibility for the setting up the customized apportionment tool (Access) to assist in the process of importing apportionment.
- Responsible for utilizing the Custom Reporter program to gain efficiencies in our processes and set up reports to pull information out of the Domestic System.
- Assisted in leading conference courses on various processes.
- Manage the preparation of mixed federal consolidated tax return including 120 non-life federal returns and 20 life and P&C federal tax returns.
BBA In Accounting
Audit And Tax Manager Resume
Summary : Accomplished tax professional with proven ability to mitigate tax liability through sound accounting processes, proactive research and innovative planning. Led key initiatives to resolve tax disputes; abate penalties/interest and qualify companies for tax credits.
Skills : Microsoft Office, CorpTax, Oracle, Outlooksoft, Enterprise.
- Review of all types of income, franchise and payroll tax returns for high-income individuals, partnerships, corporations, private foundations, trust, and estates.
- Review of individual income tax returns, tax and estate planning for clients with incomes and assets ranging from several million to in excess of 100 million dollars.
- Review and supervision of the preparation of estate returns for estates in excess of 100 million dollars and closely working with estate attorneys in connection with these estates.
- Review of corporation tax returns including a consolidated return for retail sales company with sales in excess of 5 million dollars and subsidiary with real estate located in several states.
- Consultation with partnerships in various industries including securities, real estate, and professional services and review of partnership returns.
- Review of private foundation tax returns for foundations with assets in excess of 1 million dollars.
- Consultation with attorneys in connection with the settlement of marital assets in divorce cases.
BS In Accounting
Accounting & Tax Manager Resume
Summary : Seeking a position as a Customer Service Representative to enhance knowledge and procedure skills in a fast pace environment, where helping people with their needs is my top priority. Motivated to obtain professional value by utilizing my knowledge and experience.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Gosystems Tax Software, Onesource tax software.
- Responsible for the successful management of the tax department and team of professional staff in three offices.
- Worked directly with the partner in charge of the firm ensuring the successful operation of the entire firm's tax practice.
- Managed multiple tax engagements utilizing and mentoring multiple staff accountants while simultaneously reporting to stakeholders and coworkers as needed.
- Worked with wineries and wine costing and the related issues surrounding these entities and their unique inventory issues.
- Provided input related to the hiring of new accounting staff and assisted in their professional development on a day to day basis.
- Prepared and reviewed numerous tax returns for a variety of corporations, partnerships, trusts, and individuals.
- Performed tax research utilizing, but not limited to, RIA, BNA, and CCH for tax matters related to clients and prepared a variety of tax memorandums to support the positions proposed to be taken.
- Responsible for numerous client relationships serving as the point of contact for hundreds of the managing partner's clientele.
Tax Manager I Resume
Objective : Dynamic, hardworking CPA specializing in federal and state taxation. Self-motivated with the ability to work in a group or independently with little supervision. Great at prioritizing projects and multi-tasking with the ability to complete tasks ahead of schedule and meet deadlines. Hold Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a Master's of Business Administration degree. Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills : Tax & GAAP Research, Team Management, Project Management,.
- Serve public and private companies in various real estate sectors including real estate funds commercial, residential, hospitality operators, and home builders.
- Manage the preparation and review process for over 100 partnership, corporate, individual, REIT tax returns annually.
- Provide federal and state tax compliance services for partnership, individual, and REIT tax returns.
- Prepare federal and state withholding reporting for domestic and foreign partners; including state non- resident partner withholdings, FIRPTA, ECI, and FDAP withholdings for foreign partners.
- Analyze various partnership taxation issues; such as partnership interest revaluation, target capital allocation, 754 basis adjustments, 704(c) allocations, 752 liability allocations, disguised sale, debt-financed distribution, technical termination, and UBTI for tax-exempt partners.
- Analyze various real estate taxation issues; such as 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges, installment sales, dealer vs. investor status, interest expense deduction vs.capitalization, and cost segregation study.
- Provided an analysis of operating tax and economic incentives for various locations.
Master Of Business
Tax Manager Resume
Summary : Regulatory or Tax Accounting Manager Dedicated Tax Manager with more than twenty years of experience analyzing, developing and implementing financial systems, strategies, processes and controls that significantly improve P&L scenarios. Expert in establishing accounting functions, systems, best practices, cost-reduction, automation and tax strategies; and building lasting business relationships to ensure goal-surpassing fiscal performance.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Excel,.
- Reviewed quarterly and annual tax provisions under FAS 109 and IFRS for multi-national corporations, including current and deferred tax expense, provision to return analysis, deferred tax assets and liabilities, current taxes payable, valuation allowances, APB 23, tax journal entries, foreign provisions, and financial statement footnotes.
- Industries served to include heavy manufacturing, oil and gas, and technology.
- Managed the Sarbanes-Oxley testing and remediation of internal tax controls for multi-national corporations.
- Included management responsibility for five junior accountants.
- Managed the tax compliance process for multi-national corporations, including federal and state tax returns, extensions, estimates, and audits.
- Included international Forms 5471, 5472 and 1118 and compliance with the thin capitalization rules.
- Researched and prepared technical memoranda and private letter ruling requests.
- Research topics included mergers and acquisitions, employee benefits, restructuring, dividend repatriation, and foreign tax credits.
MBA In Accounting
Sales Tax Manager Resume
Summary : Tax Manager with 7 years of progressive experience in public accounting which includes 6 years' experience with not-for-profit hospitals. Skilled in coordinating federal and multistate tax filings including reporting on international activities. Excellent interpersonal oral and written communications skills; detail-oriented and able to multi-task effectively.
Skills : CPA.
- Discussed international provisions with Senior Vice President of Tax Department at quarterly and yearly submission on the full-year forecast, budgets, and year to date activities.
- Responsible for leading four international tax accountants on tax accounting, provision, and compliance for Sony Subsidiaries around the world.
- Also was responsible for the four tax accountants under my supervision to have five hundred tax international tax returns filed on time.
- Assumed full responsibility to gather information and prepare all tax form reporting for Parent and Subsidiaries companies.
- Worked with International grouping, assisting in all aspects above and worked a with State and Federal group.
- Researched and prepared technical memoranda and private letter ruling requests
- Worked with tax accountants internationally, and leading groups on tax planning, new ideas for dissolving and acquiring companies.