Technical Writer Resume
Summary : Consulting Technical Writer/Editor experienced in writing technical specifications, contracts, reports, proposals. Excellent ability to work to deadline and manage multiple deadlines; extremely detail oriented. Well versed in editing and proofreading. Strong technical command of the English language; serious commitment to excellence in the printed word. Effective internet researcher. Read and interpret construction drawings and system schedules.
Skills : MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, Technical Writing, Proofreading, Customer Service Experience, Data Entry, Data Analysis, Outlook
- Wrote and developed to strict deadlines construction specifications for the firm's architectural projects in the hospitality, education, government, industrial, retail, religious, and sports sectors.
- Assisted firm's engineers with writing engineering specifications for plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Generated and edited bidding documents and contract conditions: bidding advertisements and instructions, bid proposal forms, supplementary and special project conditions.
- Formulated addenda narratives during the bidding phase for each project to address contractors' questions, requests for information, and client-initiated changes.
- Coordinated with architects, owner's representatives, and contractors to streamline the contracting process.
- Researched construction products and materials to be used for each project.
- Coordinated with project architects/managers to ensure products' compliance with requirements and standards.
- Met with sales representatives to review new or updated product information.
- Collaborated with the firm's interior designers to create "master" interior design specifications.
- Assisted interior designers in preparing and updating schedules of finishes.
Bachelor Of Arts
Technical Writer (Contract) Resume
Objective : Experienced Technical Writer with a demonstrated success in technical communication and project management in the legal, healthcare, telecommunications, and financial services industries. Proven skills in writing and editing, producing product videos, developing user-centered communications, functioning in a team-oriented environment, and working with Web publications.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Project Management, Photoshop, Illustrator, Camtasia, Visual Studio, Training & Development, Technical Writing, LMS, Hubspot
- Researched and understood document standards in specific international locales while ensuring consistency of product-specific or industry-specific elements between locales.
- Understood different user levels and writes to the appropriate level.
- Adhered to department and company standards, including templates and style guides.
- Planned, developed, organized, wrote and edited operational procedures and manuals.
- Researched, developed and documented technical design specification and test scripts.
- Produced electronic documentation in addition to hard copy materials.
- Maintained a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyzed documents to maintain continuity of the style of content.
- Managed updates and revisions to technical literature.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Technical Writer Resume
Summary : Technical Writer with eight years of experience in editing, revising and writing illustrated parts catalogs, maintenance manuals and technical documents for various projects seek a position that will utilize my experience and opportunity to further enhance and expand my knowledge. Seeking a position that provides me with the opportunity to meet challenges, allows me to grow as a technical writer, and provides me an environment where I can apply my technical training and experience.
Skills : Excel, Customer Service Experience, Data Entry, Data Analysis, Word, Outlook, Windows 7, Spreadsheets, Research
- Developed new conceptual documentation with diagrams, conceptual material, and accompanying instructions for new features of Symantec's implementation of a private and public cloud.
- Created new content for integration with a public cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Collaborated with developers and subject matter experts to develop all content.
- Worked with product management to ensure the documentation was presented in a customer-friendly manner and met customer needs.
- Verified all instructions written for the graphics user interface and command line by going through the steps myself.
- Experience with GitHub repository, Gerrit gating, and Jenkins for building HTML web pages.
- Documentation mediums include a user guide written using oxygen XML, with how to articles and quickstart guides written using confluence wiki.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment using agile scrum methodologies for completing documentation in two-week bursts.
Sr. Technical Writer Resume
Summary : Over ten plus years as an experienced professional in technical writing, team building, and documentation coordination. Experienced professional with a demonstrated success in technical communication and project management in the legal, healthcare, telecommunications, and financial services industries. Proven skills in writing and editing, producing product videos, developing user-centered communications, functioning in a team-oriented environment, and working with Web publications.
Skills : Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Word, Word, Excel, Excel, Internet, Internet, Jasc Paintshop Pro, Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Responsible for coordinating, writing, and delivering communications within Toyota financial services.
- Responsibilities include: process trees, flow charts, system specifications, feasibility studies, and functional requirements descriptions establishing, implementing, and managing a standardized process for communication of operational changes, credit changes, and compliance changes.
- Using an internal document management system to manage daily/weekly policy & procedure updates for various TFS in-house departments (e.g., dealer credit, state-specific, privacy, fraud, compliance).
- Creating process trees, flow charts outlining the life of customer loans/contracts.
- Copyediting, proofreading, and revising policies & procedures/exhibits/tax, title, & registration guides.
- Drafting feasibility studies and functional requirement descriptions for toyota's various departments.
- Driving and consolidating weekly change management communication for delivery to the company.
- Drafting and publishing operations letters for immediate availability to the customer service centers in the event of a natural disaster.
- Drafting procedure announcements to alert the field of upcoming changes to policies & procedures/exhibits/tax, title, & registration guides.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Technical Writer/Editor Resume
Summary : Accomplished Senior Technical Writer/Editor with extensive experience in the IT industry writing and documenting work processes. Dynamic, team-oriented individual with a strong reputation for high-quality work in challenging work environments. Creative and detail-oriented, with excellent written communication skills. To possess a position enabling me to make the most of an employment opportunity while meeting and exceeding the needs of my employer.
Skills : Project Management, Copy Writing, Comprehensive Editing, Photoshop, QuarkXPress, Framemaker, RoboHelp, InDesign, Sharepoint, Visio, Microsoft Office, Publication Planning, Acrobat
- Working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Producing high-quality documentation that is easy to grok and appropriate for its intended audience.
- Writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Creating tutorials and guides to help end-users use Diffbot effectively for a number of use cases.
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Writing, creating, and updating detailed manufacturing operational procedures and documents.
- Creating and/or revising mfg. SOPs as required for improvements, NCRs, CAPAs, etc.
- Developing and adhering to document revision/release schedule.
- Using Product Lifecycle Management software to complete tasks and drive closure of document and engineering change orders on behalf of the Production department.
Bachelors in German
Technical Writer/Business Analyst Resume
Summary : Technical Writer/Business Analyst with 12 years of experience in the information technology industry. Experienced in producing structured technical documentation in a collaborative development environment. Skilled in writing clearly and concisely and attuned to multiple target audiences for technical information. Extensive experience in customer relations, problem-solving, and product development. Seeking a position with an innovative company that produces high-quality documentation for diverse audiences.
Skills : Writing, Editing, XML, SQL, DITA, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mainframe, Command Line Interface, Leadership, XHTML, Office, Outlook, InDesign
- Produced technical documentation for a complex hosted collaboration solution for Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Created documentation for a hosted collaboration solution that spanned multiple products including teleconferencing, video conferencing, instant messaging, presence, voicemail, and call routing.
- Worked closely with product and solution architects, developers, system testers, and other SMEs to rapidly produce high-quality documentation in an agile development environment.
- Identified new feature content that impacted existing documentation and tracked the progress of documentation updates in feature level documents.
- Produced technical documentation for onboarding government agencies into a feed ramp-compliant hosted collaboration solution.
- Performed user acceptance testing for a new knowledge portal delivery mechanism.
- Transferred knowledge of domain management product documentation to writers in India.
- Maintained release documentation detailing enhancements to software and websites.
Bachelor Of Science
Technical Writer (Contract) Resume
Objective : Over one plus years of information technology experience writing and editing technical documents, including user manuals, technical documents, presentations, and tutorials. Excel at working with subject-matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear and user-friendly. Adept with formatting programs and content management systems. Thorough knowledge of SDLC, CMMI, and IEEE documentation standards. Superior communication, interview, and presentation abilities.
Skills : MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Word, WordPerfect, Snag It, Snipping Tool, Adobe Acrobat, PhotoShop, Outlook, Lotus Notes
- Worked short-term government contract as a data manager and technical writer iii to faa directorate.
- Updated access-based databases with incoming/outgoing contract delivery documents and contract correspondence.
- Tracked and maintained documentation on incoming and outgoing CDRLs and correspondence.
- Drafted, edited, and proofread letters for content and grammatical errors.
- Edited policy documents as requested, including white paper and business case.
- Worked with FAA Managers, Subject Matter Expert and the Director's Advisor on establishing work groups, - created meeting agenda, project timeline and schedule, meeting minutes and other documentation in support of the work group.
- Took and produced meeting minutes to inform company manager and others of high-level meetings.
- Used standard ms office suite products, as well as Visio, Access, and SharePoint to support work.
Bachelor Of Arts
Technical Writer/Senior Technical Writer Resume
Summary : Expert Technical Writer/Senior Technical Writer with medical documentation background. Strong foundation in editing and authoring exceptional user information. Experienced in achieving consensus between diverse members of review teams in a timely manner. Quickly grasps diverse technical concepts. Communicates complex user information clearly and concisely. To be challenged and advance in a technical writing career via hard work and practical application of experience.
Skills : FDA Approval Procedures, Agile And Lean Processes, Topic-Based Documentation, Cosima CMS, With XMetal Editor Dita, SGML, XML
- Navigating complex review process including eliciting and archiving all approval documentation for audit purposes.
- Overseeing translation and proofreading processes to ensure delivery of flawless information to a worldwide customer base.
- Collaborating with clinical, engineering, legal, marketing, and regulatory departments to create FDA-approved documentation for industry-leading diagnostic equipment.
- Producing award-winning documentation for industry-leading laboratory diagnostic equipment.
- Achieving excellent results in simultaneous critical projects through seamless time management and team lead communication.
- Representing the customer perspective to engineering and software teams with relentless integrity.
- Pushing to meet aggressive product deadlines through collaboration and personal commitment to quality.
- Coordinating localization efforts with translation vendors by ensuring timely delivery of content and answering queries from translators.
Masters of Science
Associate Technical Writer Resume
Objective : Business Analyst And Technical Writer looking to join a team that develops and implements the communications strategy related to internal and external knowledge management. Seeking a long-term position with a growing company that encompasses and allows me to utilize my strengths and skills as well as gain new experience through challenging situations and projects.
Skills : Proofreading, Technical Writing, Document Control, MadCap Flare, Process Documentation, Document Development
- Developing technical content for various technical publications including installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures for the U.S.
- Serving on proposal teams in support of project development and responses to Statement of Work (SOW).
- Coordinating development of drawing, photographs, illustrations, labels and other required graphics.
- Developing illustrations for technical manuals, installation instructions, and part lists.
- Participating invalidations and verifications of technical publications, as required.
- Coordinating publications efforts with members of the provisioning team and XML team.
- Coordinating with engineering department to interpret drawings and translate requirements into usable technical instructions/procedures.
- Explaining technical ideas in simple language in easy to interpret instructions.
Masters of Business Administration
Advanced Technical Writer Resume
Headline : Outgoing technical writer with a vivid imagination and the ability to learn new things quickly. An ambitious, hardworking and creative person who has developed a responsible and successful approach to tasks and challenges. College graduate with work experience in marketing, journalism, social media management and documentation. Seeking a position with an innovative company that produces high-quality documentation for diverse audiences.
Skills : Word, Excel, Database Management, RoboHelp, Illustrator, Adobe, Photoshop, Snagit, Publisher, Editing, Microsoft Project, CMS, 508 Compliance, Visio
- Organizing materials and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Contributing knowledge, analytical skills, and interpretation of the information to be captured on the document.
- Editing, standardizing or making changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to ensure the clarity of purpose, scope, and accuracy of document content.
- Selecting photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate the material.
- Initiating document review and approval workflows according to the corresponding quality assurance procedures.
- Ensuring a consistent style of presentation of documents to maintain quality and ease of review.
- Reviewing/QA program documentation to ensure conformance to established standards defined by the program.
Masters of Science