Technical Writer Resume
Summary : Consulting Technical Writer/Editor experienced in writing technical specifications, contracts, reports, proposals. Excellent ability to work to deadline and manage multiple deadlines; extremely detail oriented. Well versed in editing and proofreading. Strong technical command of the English language; serious commitment to excellence in the printed word. Effective internet researcher. Read and interpret construction drawings and system schedules. Seeking a more challenging role in the field of Technical Writing, Software Testing, Systems Engineering or Website Development that will allow me to enhance my technical skills and apply the knowledge I've gained in the areas of software testing, technical writing, systems engineering, administration, and application development to help innovate the future.
Skills : MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, Technical Writing, Proofreading, Customer Service Experience, Data Entry, Data Analysis, Outlook
- Wrote and developed to strict deadlines construction specifications for the firm's architectural projects in the hospitality, education, government, industrial, retail, religious, and sports sectors.
- Assisted firm's engineers with writing engineering specifications for plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Generated and edited bidding documents and contract conditions: bidding advertisements and instructions, bid proposal forms, supplementary and special project conditions.
- Formulated addenda narratives during the bidding phase for each project to address contractors' questions, requests for information, and client-initiated changes.
- Coordinated with architects, owner's representatives, and contractors to streamline the contracting process.
- Researched construction products and materials to be used for each project.
- Coordinated with project architects/managers to ensure products' compliance with requirements and standards.
- Met with sales representatives to review new or updated product information.
- Collaborated with the firm's interior designers to create "master" interior design specifications.
- Assisted interior designers in preparing and updating schedules of finishes.
Bachelor Of Arts
Technical Writer (Contract) Resume
Objective : Experienced Technical Writer with a demonstrated success in technical communication and project management in the legal, healthcare, telecommunications, and financial services industries. Proven skills in writing and editing, producing product videos, developing user-centered communications, functioning in a team-oriented environment, and working with Web publications.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Project Management, Photoshop, Illustrator, Camtasia, Visual Studio, Training & Development, Technical Writing, LMS, Hubspot
- Researched and understood document standards in specific international locales while ensuring consistency of product-specific or industry-specific elements between locales.
- Understood different user levels and writes to the appropriate level.
- Adhered to department and company standards, including templates and style guides.
- Planned, developed, organized, wrote and edited operational procedures and manuals.
- Researched, developed and documented technical design specification and test scripts.
- Produced electronic documentation in addition to hard copy materials.
- Maintained a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyzed documents to maintain continuity of the style of content.
- Managed updates and revisions to technical literature.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Technical Writer Resume
Summary : Technical Writer with eight years of experience in editing, revising and writing illustrated parts catalogs, maintenance manuals and technical documents for various projects seek a position that will utilize my experience and opportunity to further enhance and expand my knowledge. Seeking a position that provides me with the opportunity to meet challenges, allows me to grow as a technical writer, and provides me an environment where I can apply my technical training and experience.
Skills : Excel, Customer Service Experience, Data Entry, Data Analysis, Word, Outlook, Windows 7, Spreadsheets, Research
- Developed new conceptual documentation with diagrams, conceptual material, and accompanying instructions for new features of Symantec's implementation of a private and public cloud.
- Created new content for integration with a public cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Collaborated with developers and subject matter experts to develop all content.
- Worked with product management to ensure the documentation was presented in a customer-friendly manner and met customer needs.
- Verified all instructions written for the graphics user interface and command line by going through the steps myself.
- Experience with GitHub repository, Gerrit gating, and Jenkins for building HTML web pages.
- Documentation mediums include a user guide written using oxygen XML, with how to articles and quickstart guides written using confluence wiki.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment using agile scrum methodologies for completing documentation in two-week bursts.
Sr. Technical Writer Resume
Summary : Over ten plus years as an experienced professional in technical writing, team building, and documentation coordination. Experienced professional with a demonstrated success in technical communication and project management in the legal, healthcare, telecommunications, and financial services industries. Proven skills in writing and editing, producing product videos, developing user-centered communications, functioning in a team-oriented environment, and working with Web publications.
Skills : Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Word, Word, Excel, Excel, Internet, Internet, Jasc Paintshop Pro, Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Responsible for coordinating, writing, and delivering communications within Toyota financial services.
- Responsibilities include: process trees, flow charts, system specifications, feasibility studies, and functional requirements descriptions establishing, implementing, and managing a standardized process for communication of operational changes, credit changes, and compliance changes.
- Using an internal document management system to manage daily/weekly policy & procedure updates for various TFS in-house departments (e.g., dealer credit, state-specific, privacy, fraud, compliance).
- Creating process trees, flow charts outlining the life of customer loans/contracts.
- Copyediting, proofreading, and revising policies & procedures/exhibits/tax, title, & registration guides.
- Drafting feasibility studies and functional requirement descriptions for toyota's various departments.
- Driving and consolidating weekly change management communication for delivery to the company.
- Drafting and publishing operations letters for immediate availability to the customer service centers in the event of a natural disaster.
- Drafting procedure announcements to alert the field of upcoming changes to policies & procedures/exhibits/tax, title, & registration guides.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Technical Writer/Editor Resume
Summary : Accomplished Senior Technical Writer/Editor with extensive experience in the IT industry writing and documenting work processes. Dynamic, team-oriented individual with a strong reputation for high-quality work in challenging work environments. Creative and detail-oriented, with excellent written communication skills. To possess a position enabling me to make the most of an employment opportunity while meeting and exceeding the needs of my employer.
Skills : Project Management, Copy Writing, Comprehensive Editing, Photoshop, QuarkXPress, Framemaker, RoboHelp, InDesign, Sharepoint, Visio, Microsoft Office, Publication Planning, Acrobat
- Working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Producing high-quality documentation that is easy to grok and appropriate for its intended audience.
- Writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Creating tutorials and guides to help end-users use Diffbot effectively for a number of use cases.
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Writing, creating, and updating detailed manufacturing operational procedures and documents.
- Creating and/or revising mfg. SOPs as required for improvements, NCRs, CAPAs, etc.
- Developing and adhering to document revision/release schedule.
- Using Product Lifecycle Management software to complete tasks and drive closure of document and engineering change orders on behalf of the Production department.
Bachelors in German
Technical Writer/Business Analyst Resume
Summary : Technical Writer/Business Analyst with 12 years of experience in the information technology industry. Experienced in producing structured technical documentation in a collaborative development environment. Skilled in writing clearly and concisely and attuned to multiple target audiences for technical information. Extensive experience in customer relations, problem-solving, and product development. Seeking a position with an innovative company that produces high-quality documentation for diverse audiences.
Skills : Writing, Editing, XML, SQL, DITA, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mainframe, Command Line Interface, Leadership, XHTML, Office, Outlook, InDesign
- Produced technical documentation for a complex hosted collaboration solution for Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Created documentation for a hosted collaboration solution that spanned multiple products including teleconferencing, video conferencing, instant messaging, presence, voicemail, and call routing.
- Worked closely with product and solution architects, developers, system testers, and other SMEs to rapidly produce high-quality documentation in an agile development environment.
- Identified new feature content that impacted existing documentation and tracked the progress of documentation updates in feature level documents.
- Produced technical documentation for onboarding government agencies into a feed ramp-compliant hosted collaboration solution.
- Performed user acceptance testing for a new knowledge portal delivery mechanism.
- Transferred knowledge of domain management product documentation to writers in India.
- Maintained release documentation detailing enhancements to software and websites.
Bachelor Of Science
Technical Writer (Contract) Resume
Objective : Over one plus years of information technology experience writing and editing technical documents, including user manuals, technical documents, presentations, and tutorials. Excel at working with subject-matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear and user-friendly. Adept with formatting programs and content management systems. Thorough knowledge of SDLC, CMMI, and IEEE documentation standards. Superior communication, interview, and presentation abilities.
Skills : MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Word, WordPerfect, Snag It, Snipping Tool, Adobe Acrobat, PhotoShop, Outlook, Lotus Notes
- Worked short-term government contract as a data manager and technical writer iii to faa directorate.
- Updated access-based databases with incoming/outgoing contract delivery documents and contract correspondence.
- Tracked and maintained documentation on incoming and outgoing CDRLs and correspondence.
- Drafted, edited, and proofread letters for content and grammatical errors.
- Edited policy documents as requested, including white paper and business case.
- Worked with FAA Managers, Subject Matter Expert and the Director's Advisor on establishing work groups, - created meeting agenda, project timeline and schedule, meeting minutes and other documentation in support of the work group.
- Took and produced meeting minutes to inform company manager and others of high-level meetings.
- Used standard ms office suite products, as well as Visio, Access, and SharePoint to support work.
Bachelor Of Arts
Technical Writer/Senior Technical Writer Resume
Summary : Expert Technical Writer/Senior Technical Writer with medical documentation background. Strong foundation in editing and authoring exceptional user information. Experienced in achieving consensus between diverse members of review teams in a timely manner. Quickly grasps diverse technical concepts. Communicates complex user information clearly and concisely. To be challenged and advance in a technical writing career via hard work and practical application of experience.
Skills : FDA Approval Procedures, Agile And Lean Processes, Topic-Based Documentation, Cosima CMS, With XMetal Editor Dita, SGML, XML
- Navigating complex review process including eliciting and archiving all approval documentation for audit purposes.
- Overseeing translation and proofreading processes to ensure delivery of flawless information to a worldwide customer base.
- Collaborating with clinical, engineering, legal, marketing, and regulatory departments to create FDA-approved documentation for industry-leading diagnostic equipment.
- Producing award-winning documentation for industry-leading laboratory diagnostic equipment.
- Achieving excellent results in simultaneous critical projects through seamless time management and team lead communication.
- Representing the customer perspective to engineering and software teams with relentless integrity.
- Pushing to meet aggressive product deadlines through collaboration and personal commitment to quality.
- Coordinating localization efforts with translation vendors by ensuring timely delivery of content and answering queries from translators.
Masters of Science
Associate Technical Writer Resume
Objective : Business Analyst And Technical Writer looking to join a team that develops and implements the communications strategy related to internal and external knowledge management. Seeking a long-term position with a growing company that encompasses and allows me to utilize my strengths and skills as well as gain new experience through challenging situations and projects.
Skills : Proofreading, Technical Writing, Document Control, MadCap Flare, Process Documentation, Document Development
- Developing technical content for various technical publications including installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures for the U.S.
- Serving on proposal teams in support of project development and responses to Statement of Work (SOW).
- Coordinating development of drawing, photographs, illustrations, labels and other required graphics.
- Developing illustrations for technical manuals, installation instructions, and part lists.
- Participating invalidations and verifications of technical publications, as required.
- Coordinating publications efforts with members of the provisioning team and XML team.
- Coordinating with engineering department to interpret drawings and translate requirements into usable technical instructions/procedures.
- Explaining technical ideas in simple language in easy to interpret instructions.
Masters of Business Administration
Advanced Technical Writer Resume
Headline : Outgoing technical writer with a vivid imagination and the ability to learn new things quickly. An ambitious, hardworking and creative person who has developed a responsible and successful approach to tasks and challenges. College graduate with work experience in marketing, journalism, social media management and documentation. Seeking a position with an innovative company that produces high-quality documentation for diverse audiences.
Skills : Word, Excel, Database Management, RoboHelp, Illustrator, Adobe, Photoshop, Snagit, Publisher, Editing, Microsoft Project, CMS, 508 Compliance, Visio
- Organizing materials and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Contributing knowledge, analytical skills, and interpretation of the information to be captured on the document.
- Editing, standardizing or making changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to ensure the clarity of purpose, scope, and accuracy of document content.
- Selecting photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate the material.
- Initiating document review and approval workflows according to the corresponding quality assurance procedures.
- Ensuring a consistent style of presentation of documents to maintain quality and ease of review.
- Reviewing/QA program documentation to ensure conformance to established standards defined by the program.
Masters of Science