Addictions Counselor Resume
Summary : Addictions Counselor screens and assess person served on an ongoing basis regarding substance use/addictions issues.
Skills : Clinical Assessments, Community Outreach.
- Worked with clients of all ages out of both the main office and the satellite office until September 1994.
- Then worked solely out of the satellite office.
- Conducted alcohol/drug assessments, psychosocial clinical evaluations, and emergency evaluations.
- Prepared individualized treatment plans and bi-monthly updates.
- Ran psycho-educational groups up to five times per week and ran therapy groups two times per week.
- Conducted DUI education groups and Domestic Violence Groups.
- Provided individual, family, and couples therapy sessions.
Jr. Addictions Counselor Resume
Objective : Addictions Counselor serves as a member of an integrated team to provide ongoing teaching and modeling to teams/Group Living Environments (GLE) and provides direct interventions and supports to Persons Served with substance use/addictions issues.
Skills : Program Management, Addictions Counselor.
- Facilitate evidenced-based practice groups with both male and female addicted offenders.
- Provided coverage of duties for correctional officers as needed.
- Attended treatment team meetings to coordinate the care of clients with Behavioral Health Services staff.
- Prepared legal reports for corrections and attend court as necessary.
- Provided and demonstrate pro-social modeling to clients as well as hold them accountable to the conditions of the program.
- Provided reinforcement and redirection to aid them in the recovery process.
- Maintained accurate documentation pertinent to case management and legal requirements.
Sr. Addictions Counselor Resume
Summary : Addictions Counselor participates in the development of Community Service Plans (CSPs) with assigned caseload. Ensures appropriate linkage to substance use/addictions resources in the community.
Skills : Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy.
- Conducted psychological interviews and developed assessments according to individual needs.
- Assisted clients in developing treatment plans geared to their expectations and needs.
- Assisted the client in pursuing the reasonable goals they have established for themselves.
- Assisted clients in gaining autonomy and establishing safe social networks which provided the connectedness needed for a successful discharge plan.
- Handled all client and staff grievances in an impartial and balanced manner.
- Worked with different agencies to ensure clients received the services we were not equipped to provide.
- Worked with all Maryland legal agencies, in liaison with the surrounding community to ensure our clients were cooperative and compliant.
- Conducted case management sessions, developed assessments, and treatment plans according to individual client needs.
Addictions Counselor I Resume
Objective : Highly-qualified and passionate Addictions Counselor with over ten years of experience working with patients in a substance abuse treatment facility environment. Excels at managing complex and challenging caseloads with a variety of substance abuse and/or mental health issues. Adept at communicating clearly and professionally with members of the medical treat ment team and performing effective family outreach and support.
Skills : Addiction Treatment, Buddhist Priest.
- Conducted comprehensive initial biopsychosocial assessments.
- Completed and maintained accurate records or reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Counseled clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Developed comprehensive treatment plans after intake session that focus on accurate diagnosis and behavioral treatment of problems.
- Reviewed and evaluate client progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Executed appropriate risk-assessment for patients with chronic pain and/or opioid addiction.
- Conferred with family members or others close to clients to keep them informed of treatment planning and progress.
Addictions Counselor II Resume
Headline : Provide treatment and support to patient in recovery from addictions, such as alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders or other behavioural problems.
Skills : Case Planning, Management Skills.
- Conferred with third parties, such as family members and other professionals in order to keep them informed of recommendations, treatment planning and progress.
- Prepared reports and documentation in the automated medical chart (RMIS).
- Planned continuing care, and implement follow-up for clients discharged from treatment.
- Completed and maintained accurate records and reports regarding the clients' histories and progress, services provided.
- Participated in case conferences and staff meetings.
- Counseled clients in individual or group sessions to assist them in dealing with substance abuse, mental health issues.
- Collaborated with counselors, mental health professionals, physicians, or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment, drawing on social work and addictions knowledge.
Addictions Counselor III Resume
Summary : Addictions Counselor conducts individual counseling sessions and group or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and document as required.
Skills : Communication Skills, Management Skills.
- Provided individual, family and group counseling.
- Provided assessments and evaluations based on appropriate criteria.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of client treatment plans.
- Provided addiction recovery education, case management, psychosocial referral, discharge and follow-up as core components of service.
- Supervised and provided training for less experienced counselors.
- Provided instruction in HIV/AIDS awareness groups.
- Collaborated with Baltimore City Court System, Public Defender's Office, and State's Attorney Office, Baltimore City Detention Center, Department of Corrections, community-based treatment providers and Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administration (ADAA) to define and meet common goals.
Assist. Addictions Counselor Resume
Objective : Addictions Counselor insures all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents are completed timely and in a clear concise manner. May act as a liaison between referral sources and patient..
Skills : Motivational Interviewing, Critical Thinking.
- Started and implemented a woman's specific treatment track that includes all three phases of treatment to allow female clients to be followed by myself in all woman's groups and individual counseling throughout their treatment stay.
- This allows for the very specific and unique issues that women face in their recovery to be addressed in a safe and trusting environment.
- This has proven to increase retention rates of the female population as well as improve recovery rates by addressing the co-occurring issues that contribute to ongoing use and relapse.
- Facilitated group and individual therapy with all populations.
- Assisted individuals with moderate to severe opioid use disorders to create relapse prevention plans.
- Preformed pre-assessments for the Department of Social Services to determine the need for further evaluation and to ensure compliance for clients in their pursuit of DSS benefits.
- Provided direct supervision to counselors assisting in determining an appropriate level of care, review of evaluations, and providing direction and guidance in overall client care.
Associate Addictions Counselor Resume
Headline : Addictions Counselor is responsible for supporting clinical staff in Certified the Community Behavioral Health Clinic. Will provide supporting duties including requesting and organizing clinical/medical records.
Skills : Functional Family Therapy, Structural Family Therapy.
- Provided individual and group therapy to patients in recovery from substance abuse and who have psychiatric diagnoses.
- Completed required documentation efficiently and on-time including Mental Health Treatment Plans treatment plan reviews biopsychosocial, ASAM certification forms and discharge documentation.
- Wrote treatment plans and progress notes for each patient assigned to the caseload.
- Referred clients to outside social service providers to address psychiatric and personal issues.
- Maintain charts and all clinical documentation, treatment plans, reviews, progress notes, and processed discharge paperwork on a daily basis.
- Contributed to weekly treatment team staffing collaborating with colleagues to ensure the strongest treatment plan for each patient.
- Coordinated with health professionals, staff members, Probation Officers, and the Department of Child Services to evaluate patient progress.
Lead Addictions Counselor Resume
Summary : Addictions Counselor completes supportive documents for clinical staff, providing support to clinical and burn staff as needed.
Skills : Excellent Communication, Conflict Resolution.
- Performed intake assessments as well as doing some individual counseling and group counseling.
- Entailed clerical duties such as filing and word processing various information pertaining to clients.
- Organized the file library in a more effective format.
- Established productive relationships with clients which led to breakthroughs in their counseling sessions.
- Word processing /Typing and inputting data via a computer.
- Assessing information in regards to treatment plans.
- Developed monthly comprehensive treatment plan, case management notes, and behavioral contracts when needed for each client.