Advanced Medical Support Assistant Resume
Objective : Competitive and challenging environment in Health Informatics and Management System with a private setting or government agency to help and improve the efficiencies of the organization obtains advancement opportunities.
Skills : Administrative, Customer Service.
- Worked in collecting, compiling and tracking data and statistical information in support of an organizations consultation.
- Scheduled/Cancelled appointments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepared, executed, and/or tracked program-specific information.
- Received and processed applicants for admission and outpatient treatment.
- Received and processed financial updates and applications for new patients.
- Assisted Veterans in determining special program eligibility, to include Agent Orange Registry, Gulf Registry, OIF/OEF/OND, and catastrophic conditions.
- Ensured documentation is completed and forwards to primary care/mental health provider for entry of consults.
Jr. Advanced Medical Support Assistant Resume
Objective : Advanced Medical Support Assistant (AMSA) position serves as a Consult Coordinator for Community Care. The AMSA works collaboratively with other members of expanded health care teams.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service.
- Scheduled and canceled patient appointments within the Mental Health Clinic,
- Assigned to a mental health consult schedule.
- Served as a liaison with internal and external VAMC locations for scheduling consult appointments for the Mental Health Clinic at the Medical Center.
- Collected, updated and verified patients' information prior to appointments.
- Verified, scanned and buffered insurance cards.
- Experienced in printing travel vouchers.
- Communicated with other schedulers on scheduling requests.
- Provided customer service skills to veteran patients.
Sr. Advanced Medical Support Assistant Resume
Summary : Over 10 years of experience providing support in large healthcare organizations, including government clinics, and private practice firms. Possess a combination of administrative, team leadership, and clerical skills. Proficient in standard business software, including Microsoft Office Suite, and specialized healthcare-specific software and database applications.
Skills : Management, Customer Service.
- Enrolled new enrollees and register veterans in the Veteran Healthcare System.
- Presenter/speaker for orientation class four times a month.
- Prepared materials for orientation class.
- Set up booths for health fairs and other community programs/activities.
- Assisted neighboring facilities in the completion of projects nearing deadline.
- Answered phones in a professional manner, direct calls accurately and accordingly, and be flexible.
- Entered administrative historical notes in CPRS.
Advanced Medical Support Assistant I Resume
Objective : Advanced Medical Support Assistant includes Community Care providers, pharmacists, social workers, dieticians, behavioral health staff, etc. to provide a robust interdisciplinary approach to care.
Skills : MS Office, Communications.
- Scheduled the Veteran's future appointments per the Doctor's order and the patient's request.
- Scheduled the patient's future appointment according to the doctor's and nurses' specific requests.
- Coordinated with other departments inside and outside.
- Prioritized work to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Communicated effectively, both orally and in writing, with other departments, doctors, nurses, support staff, and patients.
- Maintained a positive attitude and calm demeanor when faced with difficult situations.
- Verified the Veteran's personal information, such as an address, phone number, emergency contacts, next of kin, social security, and date of birth.
Advanced Medical Support Assistant II Resume
Headline : Highly qualified Advanced Medical Support Assistant with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Training.
- Worked collaboratively in an interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery model (i.e., patient aligned care team (PACT) or other specialty care setting where the (PACT) model is used.
- Coordinated with (PACT) to review the clinic utilization by using various reports (i.e., Clinic Utilization Statistical Summary), ensure that the clinic setup is closely monitored to effectively support his/her needs of the clinic, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Developed/maintained effective and efficient communication with the patient, interdisciplinary team, VA medical centers, and other agencies (i.e., assist with communications during the inpatient to outpatient discharge; communicate with non-VA medical facilities; facilitate/process secure messaging with the patient and team; notify patients of normal laboratory results.
- Worked with the team to reinforce the plan of care and self-help solutions and entering appropriate information into the electronic record.
- Monitored pre-appointment requirements to assure readiness for patient visit/procedure (i.e., x-ray, laboratory work).
- Managed electronic waitlist to verify and validate the accuracy and resolve issues.
- Participated and provided input into problem-solving on operational issues or procedures in team meetings performing administrative follow-up actions.
Advanced Medical Support Assistant III Resume
Summary : The Advanced Medical Support Assistant is a foundational role within the VAMC. Works closely with the Social Worker leading the Advanced Care Planning via Group Visit initiative.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Phlebotomy.
- Responsible for time and leave administration, motivation and morale, administrative disciplinary actions, recruitment and placement, position management and classification, preparing position descriptions, overseeing semiannual and annual evaluations.
- Provided feedback to employees concerning their performance.
- Possessed expert knowledge of basic Medical Support Assistant responsibilities to include scheduling in VISTA, and order entry and navigation of Computerized Patient Records System (CPRS).
- Participated in performance improvement and strategic planning activities through data collection and report preparation as requested by Supervisor.
- Handled telephone calls in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Developed, maintained, and monitored standards for appropriate responses to patient requests for assistance.
- Informed higher-level supervisors of anticipated vacancies, increased workload or, other circumstances to obtain replacements, temporary help, or additional staff.
Assist. Advanced Medical Support Assistant Resume
Objective : A caring and competent individual seeking the opportunity to demonstrate compassion and dedication while providing quality care to patients and their families through the use of skills, knowledge, and abilities that have been acquired through employment and education.
Skills : Quality Control Laboratory Technician, Research.
- Scheduled and rescheduled veterans' appointments as appropriate.
- Advanced knowledge of the technical health care process as it relates to access to care.
- Collaborated tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing, in order to meet program objectives.
- Printed the Recall list on a daily bases to ensure proper scheduling practices are followed.
- Added and removed patients from Recall as needed.
- Updated phone numbers and addresses using Prereg in VISTA during the check-in process.
- Mailed appointment and reminder letters to patients.
Associate Advanced Medical Support Assistant Resume
Headline : Advanced MSA works collaboratively in interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery models and performs customer service and other duties assigned for the proper and timely treatment of patients and maintains appointment schedules for one or more outpatient clinics.
Skills : Case Management, Discharge Planning.
- Provided administrative authority, guidance, and advice to MOD, POD and other clinical staff on operational matters.
- Skilled in word processing, data collection and data entry for patient registration, and daily and statistical report preparation.
- Obtained and released sensitive information while responding to inquiries within the confines of patient privacy rules and policy.
- Served as the patient funds cashier to safeguard and manage valuables.
- Liable to process improvement including the review of operations, and preparation of work flow charts, standards, and staff recommendations.
- Interpreted VA rules and regulations relating to determining legal entitlement to benefits relating to hospital admission, nursing home, domiciliary, fee basis, mill bill, and outpatient care; dental treatment; prosthetic appliances; patient transfer; and beneficiary travel.
- Assisted Medical Center staff with medically related legal problems, including involuntary commitments, voluntary/involuntary admissions, orders of protective custody, and management of unruly or severely disturbed patients
Lead Advanced Medical Support Assistant Resume
Summary : Supervisory Medical Support Assistant in Community Care works under the supervision of the Chief. The incumbent is responsible for planning and directing the administrative and technical duties of Community Care.
Skills : Customer Service, Self-Motivated.
- Participated actively in the organization of the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) office by performing routine administrative and miscellaneous clerical work to include organizing, managing and updating the file system.
- Collaborated communicated, set priorities, and organizes the work in order to meet deadlines, ensuring compliance with established processes, policies, and regulations.
- Prepared developed and maintained reports in various formats and assists with data collection to include daily work reports.
- Communicated tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing, in order to meet program objectives.
- Worked independently without oversight in assigned areas.
- Provided enrollment forms and completes data input to determine eligibility in support.
- Reviewed documentation to obtain additional information as needed and responsible for updating patient demographics.
Associates Of Science
Advanced Medical Support Assistant Resume
Headline : Advanced Medical Support Assistant is delegated full supervisory and full administrative responsibility for planning and directing the Lead MSA and MSA activities. The Community Care department is the 'clinic' that coordinates all patient services for Veterans outside the Healthcare System.
Skills : Medical, Customer Service.
- Performed receptionist, customer service, telephone, patient registration, means tests and other duties.
- Served as front line contact with patients and sets the tone for perception concerning the quality of healthcare services at the VA.
- Utilized a high degree of tact and diplomacy as well as a caring, compassionate and sensitive manner.
- Collected insurance information to veterans, their families, and other eligible patients.
- Promoted veteran registration for and utilization of a web based application, online personal health records for Veterans.
- Interviewed patients to make the determination as to the eligibility for various medical services and obtains information relative to reimbursable insurance, employer's name and address, type of insurance coverage and other information needed to obtain pre-approval from the insurance company to process billings.
- Updated and verified demographic information, scheduling appointments, adding patients to the Recall Reminder, data entry administratively managing consultation requests, the electronic waiting list, and notifying the patient of his/her scheduled appointment.