Benefits Consultant Resume
Summary : Career professional with a Mathematics degree, Minor in Economics and background in customer service, marketing, sales, human resources and training looking to make an immediate contribution in a field where excellent analytical and problem-solving skills can be utilized to improve the company's profitability.
Skills : Sales, Sales Support, Customer Service, Training & Development, Healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, Marketing Strategy, Mathematics, Event Planning, Human Resources, Networking, Negotiation.
- Served as a resource for team members, based on a strong working knowledge of team's responsibilities, goals and associates' individual development plans and training needs.
- Monitored associate/member interactions utilizing the quality monitoring system and evaluate calls to ensure that exceptional service is being delivered based on the guidelines provided and always focusing on the Medicare Star Rating System.
- Trained and mentored team members and identify development needs, working with leadership to coordinate additional training as needed.
- Monitor various productivity and performance standards to ensure that established levels are achieved, especially during critical activity periods.
- Provided direct feedback to associates on areas of opportunities to enhance services provided to the member.
- Participated in task forces, strategic initiatives, stretch assignments and collaboration opportunities with other departments as needed.
- Educated, informed, and enrolled potential beneficiaries for this Preferred Provider Organization with specific focus on Medicare.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures, and protocol, and government specifications for benefits administration as per the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Bachelor Of Arts
Sr. Benefits Consultant Resume
Summary : Quickly cultivated the knowledge necessary to advance into a project management role leading the effort to redesign a statewide contact management tracking system and as a business analyst responsible for improving the exchange of benefit and coverage information.
Skills : PeopleSoft/Retail Pricing software Some SAP Insurance Laws and Regulations Microsoft Office Proficiency Adobe Photoshop Proficiency Excellent Time Management Highly Adaptable Very Reliable/Resourceful Team Player.
- Managed the retention of all assigned accounts and responsible for adding additional lines of coverage.
- Consulted with and advised clients in matters relating to employee benefit programs such as current market trends and concepts and short and long term planning to meet client benefit objectives.
- Account Management duties included providing assistance in day-to-day operational activities for client accounts, and serving as liaison between client contacts and vendor representatives.
- Managed multiple accounts with responsibilities that include providing exceptional customer service, marketing, renewing existing business, and development of RFP's.
- Extensive contact with insurance company underwriters and clients.
- Worked directly with clients to create benefit communications and open enrollment materials.
- Met regularly with clients to participate in and assist with strategic planning, including setting goals and objectives, renewal planning, and management objective setting.
- Facilitated new client implementation, including client presentations, vendor set-up; document review, and conducting enrollment meetings Analyzed vendor proposals and negotiate renewals.
Benefits Consultant III Resume
Headline : Self-motivated, team player, able to adapt to formal and informal situations, hardworking and goal oriented. Looking to obtain a position utilizing the experience and skills necessary to perform well within a value-driven organization.
Skills : Customer Relations, Customer Service, Receptionist.
- Oversaw the administration of Health & Welfare Programs for over 8,000 local and overseas employees in direct support of the Director of Corporate Benefits and Senior Benefit Consultants.
- Provided guidance, counsel, and technical expertise to employees, Associate Service Center Consultants, managers, directors, and vice presidents on complex benefit-related issues.
- Provided benefit related documentation for various audits including Sarbanes Oxley, Deloitte & Touche, and Internal Revenue Ser.
- Updated over 150 department-wide policies and procedures, meeting rigorous deadlines provided by the Compliance Department.
- Reviewed and edited numerous employee communications that led and supported Corporate Benefits through three annual Open Enrollment projects, ensuring accurate communications.
- Led the organization's first 401(k) Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audit, impressing the agent when the audit was completed in less than six months with no changes to the plan.
- Initiated contact and maintained relationships with outside vendors, providing company-wide discounts to all associates.
Benefits Consultant II Resume
Summary : To gain valued sales and marketing experience with a potential for advancement.
Skills : Human Resources.
- Administered the Leave and Disability plans, Life Insurance plans and the Employee Assistance Program.
- Counseled employees and managers upon request on the process, policy and rights and responsibilities of Family Medical Leave, Short-term Disability and Parental Leave.
- Met with and counseled managers on leave program issues.
- Responsible for the Health and Work life programs to include Medical plans, Flexible Spending and Transit Benefits plans in the absence of assigned Benefits Consultant.
- Acted as liaison between vendors and other departments as necessary to research and resolve benefit related issues to ensure accuracy of processing of data; provided direction to Plan providers to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Counseled participants and answered general benefit related questions requiring research, problem resolution, and clarification of Plan provisions.
- Worked collaboratively with HR Service Delivery, HRIS, Payroll and Office of General Counsel to ensure effectiveness and compliance of programs.
Benefits Consultant I Resume
Objective : Retirement services professional assisting organizations to improve performance through effective areas of plan design, compliance and financial management of qualified and non-qualified retirement plans. Self-motivated team player with a strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
Skills : Sales, Marketing, Customer Service.
- Individual contributor focusing on identifying problem areas, executing solutions and delivering measurable results for complex employee benefit programs.
- Provide a range of services related to the planning and management of defined contribution, non-qualified (409A) and defined benefit plans.
- Assist clients with plan design and administration of retirement programs.
- Evaluate and update Plan Documents, Summary Plan Descriptions, Summary of Material Modifications, Memorandum of Agreements, enrollment materials and ongoing communications.
- Review and assess internal / external procedures and processes, recommend changes where appropriate.
- Prepare related submissions for correction of compliance issues to various regulatory agencies (Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue Service).
- Project manager charged with coordinating benefit transitions for client mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Develop and deliver creative strategies to communicate and educate team members on benefit plans.
Sr. Benefits Consultant Resume
Objective : Collaborated with C-level executives on the assessment of organizational structure, development of efficient processes, and implementation cost-saving measures and enhancements through the use of proven conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
Skills : Administration and Management Customer and Personal Service Persuasion Time Management Education and Training Sales and Marketing.
- Administered compensation and benefits for over 200 employees across several locations.
- Oversaw tracking of employee on-boarding, orientation, and leave information.
- Served as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Managed employee benefits platform to include: health and dental (PPO and HMO), flexible spending (healthcare and dependent care) short and long term disability, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance program and workman's compensation.
- Provided oversight and administration of 401(k) programs.
- Created and expanded orientation program to provide more detailed information to employees, enabling them to understand and commit to complex benefit program choices.
- Implemented return-to-work program for employees on leaves (FMLA, STD, LOA), reducing readjustment time and enhancing employee satisfaction.
BA In Psychology
Health Benefits Consultant Resume
Objective : Dynamic, high performer with proven ability to lead. Strong history developing new business relationships. Professional leader and facilitator possessing competent communication and collaboration skills to enhance company growth. Goal oriented with the ability to manage people to meet overall strategic and business developments goals, while ensuring consistent growth in competitive markets and long-term prosperity.
Skills : All Microsoft Office Suite Products Including Access And Publisher.
- Include educating Medicaid recipients on the Illinois Department of Public Aid supplemental benefits.
- Regularly provide and direct a consultative approach to new Medicaid recipients.
- Follow all regulatory requirements in accordance to state and federal guidelines.
- Tracked and monitored all support services provided to the Medicaid participants from the initial interview through final completion of enrollment.
- Created employment services strategies related to the educational, personal and social development of Medicaid participants through data analysis.
- Design and implement innovative outreach programs with participants and family in mind.
- Trained new employee on Harmony/WellCare marketing objectives and techniques, while ensuring all compliance regulatory processes are in place and followed.
Associate Benefits Consultant Resume
Objective : Interested in working for a progressive organization in a highly motivating and challenging environment that provides the best opportunities to grow and utilize potential to the fullest to achieve the organization's goals while achieving personal goals.
Skills : Management, Healthcare, Human Resources, Sales, Hospitality, Benefits Administration, Customer Service.
- Provided consulting services to clients for pension, and health and welfare plans.
- Provided guidance on establishing a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
- Prepared and filed Forms 5500 and associated schedules.
- Prepared and reviewed pension benefit calculations.
- Calculated pension plan liabilities for increased benefits resulting from a PBGC audit.
- Reviewed annuity contract for conformance to original benefit plan document.
- Calculated present value of pension plan benefits.
M.A. In Mathematics
Asst. Benefits Consultant Resume
Summary : Bilingual candidate with 10 years recruiting and business experience. Innately strong communication, critical thinking, organization, and project management skills. Experienced in developing and executing strategic recruitment plans, and effectively sourcing and assessing candidates. Seeking to take next career step in recruiting or staffing with a company that rewards hard work, results, and management skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Bilingual Spanish.
- Maintained near 100% retention rate with minimal turnover.
- Developed and implemented recruitment strategies, interviewing techniques, and assessment tools to match highly qualified candidates to position.
- Included sourcing and screening resumes, assessing candidate qualifications, and interviewing.
- Collaborated with senior consultants, team members, and hiring managers to provide staffing solutions and identify areas for recruitment process improvement.
- Collected feedback regarding applicants to consolidate reports and recommendations for hiring managers.
- Member of national task force team for recruiting at educational institutions.
- Used networking to build upon existing client relationships.
B. S. In Mathematics
Benefits Consultant/Agent Resume
Headline : Looking to obtain a management or assistant role in a positive organization where I can use business skills and be challenged professionally.
Skills : Customer Relationship Management, Administrative Support, Process Improvement, Process Development, Excel, Interpersonal Skills, Reliable.
- Built and maintained client base through networking, cold calling, and referrals.
- Used consultative approach to recommend best insurance plans for client.
- Customer service to existing clients, answering phone calls, sending them information about their plans or deduction summary upon request.
- Ongoing customer service maximizes customer satisfaction and maintains client relationships.
- Successfully lead presentations to large groups of people.
- Prepared folders in advance of meetings to ensure a positive outcome during enrollments.
- Designated as a mentor for training new associates, taking them under my 'wing'.
- Established independent business, using Quickbooks to keep track of records.
B.A. In Philosophy
Benefits Consultant Resume
Summary : Accomplished, hard-working and dependable professional offering background in benefits consulting and account management. In depth knowledge of insurance market, benefits enrollment process and report generation. Maintain familiarity with Human Resources operations and policies.
Skills : Financial Reporting, Supervising, Training, Project Managment.
- Provided guidance to individuals regarding their health benefits, through negotiating and communicating with the organization's Human Resource Management.
- Worked with small to mid-sized groups of individual employees.
- Communicated with the individuals' HR department to request, receive and negotiate rates for new and renewal employee health benefits.
- Delivered presentations with alternatives as needed.
- Handled group wide changes, adds and deletes and Cobra set-up.
- Accurately documented and analyzed data in excel in order to recommend appropriate spending for benefits to employers.
- Created presentations for employers to review multiple options of health benefits.
Master Of Business