Medical Collector Resume
Objective : Medical Collector is responsible for collecting patient data and health information from patients in healthcare facilities. Collect patient information, including demographics, health conditions, medications, and tests results.
Skills : WPM 55-60, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word.
- Worked on the designated Blue Cross Blue Shield team working denied claims for 27 BlueCross carriers that were contracted with EMSI, a durable medical equipment company.
- Worked from assigned spreadsheets, emails from managers and customer service, special projects, or my personal aging and denial ques on a daily basis.
- Documented with great detail every patient account worked.
- Updated patient demographics when needed, filed secondary claims as needed.
- Called insurance companies to check claim status if unable to determine by eob or insurance website, or to follow up from a previous problem with a particular claim.
- Refiled claims for reprocessing via paper mail, email, fax, and phone calls.
- Sent medical records to insurance companies for reprocessing or when requested via fax, or paper mail.
- Sent letters to the patient asking for COB update if requested by insurance.
High School Diploma
Medical Collector II Resume
Objective : Succeed in a stimulating and challenging environment that will provide me with advancement opportunities. Qualifications and Certifications Understand and follow the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Skills : Microsoft office, Word.
- Reviews patient bills for accuracy and completeness; obtains missing information.
- Knowledge of insurance, especially Medicare and Medicaid, rules and guidelines.
- Identify insurance company or proper party (patient) to be billed; identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Perform coding and billing tasks on a computerized health information technology (HIT) system.
- Utilize a combination of electronic health record (EHR) and paper patient records to perform billing duties; maintain an accurate, legally compliant medical record.
- Process claims as they are paid and credit accounts accordingly.
- Review insurance payments for accuracy and compliance with contract discounts.
- Review denials or partially paid claims and work with the involved parties to resolve the discrepancy.
Bachelors Of Science
Sr. Medical Collector Resume
Summary : Highly motivated and hard working individual who can multi-task with outstanding data entry and customer service skills. Exceptional computer aptitude and telephone etiquette. Results-oriented warehouse associate. Acquired diverse skill sets with over 8 years of experience in medical collections, customer service and merchandise handling.
Skills : Knowledgeable In The Epic System, Trust Commerce, Quematics, Outlook, Quickbooks, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Windows, Avaya, Knowledgeable In Medisoft, CMS-1500 Billing Forms, Skilled In Call Center Operations, Critical Thinking, Multi-line Phone Operation Proficiency.
- Understanding of state federal and HIPPA guidelines and laws Meticulously identified and rectified inconsistencies, deficiencies and discrepencies in medical documentation.
- Capacity for adhering to company policy of confidentiality of information Precisely completed appropriate claims paperwork, documentation, and system entry.
- Experienced with various insurances: Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurances, HMOs, PPOs.
- Ensured state and federal regulation compliance for medical collections.
- Reported patient and payer credit balances on monthly basis Submitted paper claims documentation for timely filing.
- Precisely evaluated and verified benefits and eligibility.
- Managed delinquent accounts initiating collection procedures as required.
Health Care Administration
Medical Collector Specialist Resume
Summary : Service- oriented Medical collector with 15 years background in a Central Business Office. core competencies included PC Literate, Microsoft Office Products, ability to work in a team environment and strong work ethic as well as excellent communication and time management skills. handles tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
Skills : Customer Service, Knowledge Management.
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
- Answer customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Contact insurance companies to check on status of claims payments and write appeal le ers for denial on claims.
- Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
- Process, prepare, and submit business or government forms, such as submi ing applications for coverage to insurance carriers.
- Process and record new insurance policies and claims.
- Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them account status or changes.
High School Diploma
Jr. Medical Collector Resume
Summary : Highly personable medical Collections and Customer care/Service Professional with experience in, medical and Medicare claims, sales collections, and supervising call center operations. Expertise with FDCPA Guidelines, Talent for identifying customer/patient needs and presenting appropriate company product and service offerings. Obtain a variety of professional skills and strengths and maintain the ability to learn quickly, effectively follow procedures accurately as directed, and problem solve independently, Expertise in resolving escalated customer service issues.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Medical Billing.
- Ensure the coordination of claim activities and designated agencies, and the timely reimbursement of receivables.
- Research, resolve, and prepare claims that have not passed the payer edits daily.
- Determine and initiate action to resolve rejected invoices.
- Analyze each agency's outstanding monthly accounts receivable, and process claims to obtain zero balances.
- Clear payment variances, resolving differences, and initiating corrective action.
- Guide/instruct and support agency personnel encompassing all aspects of insurance claim processing.
- Collect payments and update accounts receivable for self-pay patients, and co-insurances.
- Review and communicate with agencies to educate them about expectations for clean claims.
B.S. In Mass Communications
Medical Collector Executive Resume
Headline : Creative, driven senior collections professional, specializing primarily in medical collections in clinical and corporate settings. Over 20 years of experience, I come with wealth of knowledge, and excellent communication skills. My collections background in extensive and diverse in the field. I prefer working with the public both in person, by telephone, email and correspondence. I welcome new and exciting, opportunities for growth, and responsibility.
Skills : Business Management, Business Development and Entrepreneurship, QuicksBooks Accounting , Accounting Technology Specialist, and Marketing Operations.
- Medical collections for national medical facilities and providers specializing in areas of treatment, such as substance abuse, and mental health services.
- Follow up on claims billed electronically, and by paper.
- Duties include ensuring the accuracy of patient contact information.
- Insurance verification, as well as eligibility.
- Verified through availity, navinet and eligibility departments of commercial and HMO insurance companies.
- Explanation of medical benefits are requested if services paid.
- Information coordinated with payment posting department to ensure maximum collections by months end.
- Softwear used, Medisoft billing, and Cybermed billing.
Sr. Medical Collector Resume
Objective : Reimbursement Specialist, Medical Collector, Insurance follow up position with an opportunity to utilize my extensive education and previous experience as well as to gain continuing hands on long term experience and education.
Skills : WPM 55-60, Microsoft office, Microsoft word.
- Precisely completed appropriate claims paperwork, documentation and system entry.
- Correctly coded and billed medical claims for various hospital and out-patient facilities.
- Researched newly identified diagnoses and/or medical procedures to expand skills and knowledge.
- Adeptly managed a multi-line phone system and pleasantly greeted all patients.
- Managed collections claims for unpaid bills against the estates of debtors.
- Interacted with providers and other medical professionals regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures and regulations.
- Accurately posted and sent out all medical claims.
- Identified and resolved patient billing and payment issues.
Bachelor Of Arts
Medical Collector/Biller Resume
Headline : Detailed oriented professional with knowledgeable of all office functions. Excels at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, completing projects within time and budget constraints, while assisting team with daily work flow issues.
Skills : Medical Coding, Medical Billing, Medical Terminology, Medical Transcription, Medical Software, AdvantX Medical Software, Medisoft Billing.
- Interprets and enforces third party payer rules and regulations; including Medicarerequirements.
- Works with physician offices to resolve coding issues Maintains knowledge of and complies with established policies and procedures.
- Audits accounts to assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations relative to fraudand abuse issues.
- Monitors Medicare reimbursements and maintains files.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with established policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of coding policies and procedures; established in accordance with HCFA and thirdparty payers.
- Maintains knowledge of Medicare and third party contracts as it relates to ASC's.
Asst. Medical Collector Resume
Summary : Looking for a position with a dynamic organization which requires interpersonal skills, provides the opportunity for personal, professional growth. Dedicated customer service rep/ data entry specialist with motivation to maintain customer satisfaction and contribute to company success. Organized and efficient data entry highly skilled in office administration, data organization, proofreading, database management and word processing.
Skills : Collections, Customer Service.
- Obtain necessary insurance information from patients to reconcile past due accounts.
- Review daily collector queue, execute depending on timely filing process.
- Facilitate payment options with patients in order to resolve claims in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Policies and procedures of HIPPA, FDCPA.
- Navigate through various systems to input pertinent patient information.
- Maintain a high level of customer service when speaking with patients, attorneys, insurance companies, etc.
- Determine eligibility for charity care and insurance.
- Ability to maintain constant communication with offsite offices.
Medical Collector Resume
Summary : Over 15 years of collections experience (majority 3rd party) One year of Collection Supervisory experience Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles College course training in Computerized Accounting with QuicksBooks software.
Skills : Ms Office Suite, Customer Service.
- Manage overdue medical service accounts by contacting attorneys to assess case settlements.
- Specialize in various debts relating to healthcare, including surgeries and routine checkups.
- Liaise with healthcare providers to resolve discrepancies.
- Communicate with attorneys to collect payments, offer lower interest options, facilitate payment assistance or create unique plans.
- Identify affordable plans and negotiate repayment arrangements.
- Maintain patient records and payment plans via the IL Neurospine Institute internal database.
- Ensure confidentiality of records in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.