Benefits Specialist Resume
Summary : Human Resources positions take experience and education to best assist a company in managing their needs. I have seven (7) years of experience as a Benefits Specialist and during this time, I obtained my SPHR and SHRM-SCP certifications.
Skills : Certified and Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite,.
- Benefits handling for over 1,300 employees both Full and Part Time across seven (7) Labor Relationships.
- Reconcile the monthly insurance bills including the fully insured medical and prescription insurance, the self-insured dental insurance, flexible spending, COBRA, Life and Long Term Disability.
- Process enrollments and terminations, as well as, conduct the annual Open Enrollment Process.
- Invoice employees for missed insurance deductions.
- Create confirming invoices for retiree insurance payments.
- Process Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Claims.
- Attend monthly consortium meetings to remain informed of the current legislation and funding plans for insurance products carried by the CLIU.
- Maintain the CLIU's membership in the Lehigh Valley Business Coalition for Health Care.
Clients Benefits Specialist Resume
Summary : My relevant work experience has been office procedures and customer service. The kind of work that I'm interested in is the medical clerk/secretary, call center and administration.
Skills : Certified And Proficient In Microsoft Office Suite,.
- Perform general administrative duties and tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Assess entitlement needs of clients upon admission, complete and review applications and serve as a liaison for clients in maintaining HRA cases accordingly.
- Submit cases and other HRA related documents within a timely manner.
- Track and input data in STARS for clients on a weekly basis; complete monthly reports in STARS.
- Schedule and secure appointments with various social service agencies as directed and provide literature, appropriate referrals and follow-up services to clients.
- Follow-up and resolve client issues related to Medicaid, HRA and SSI.
- Document shelter payment agreements of SSI clients based on income; collect rent payments and submit to fiscal department.
Health Care Administration
Medical Benefits Specialist Resume
Headline : Creative and resourceful professional talented at quickly mastering new skills and processing new information. Diplomatic and gracious with a desire to deliver exceptional customer service.
Skills : Strong communicative, leadership, management and.
- Knowledgeable in benefits including Medicare, Cobra, health plan details, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Educate and enroll active employees and retirees from AT&T and JP Morgan Chase on benefits.
- Handle responsibilities of updating patient information in the billing system Interface between internal and external clients to assist in the account billing resolution process and to escalate issues.
- Set up direct debit of premiums for retiree and Cobra recipients, as well as issue refunds.
- Processing orders, forms, applications and requests for information Responding promptly to customer inquiries in person or via telephone, letter, and email - always in a professional & efficient manner.
- Data entry Document primary information from beneficiaries when reporting death, then transferring caller to the appropriate colleague.
- High volume call center environment.
- Provide extensive information of alternate medical insurance programs such as Medicaid to prospective participants.
BA in Accounting
Health Benefits Specialist Resume
Objective : Seeking a position that would award an exciting opportunity and career in the area of benefits, customer service and escalations support. A customer service orientated organization that will provide an opportunity for growth, where I can utilize my Human Resource degree along with my academic achievements, energy, communicational skills, interpersonal skills ad detailed organizational skills in order to increase productivity.
Skills : Skills Work well with others Motivated to do what needs to be done to accomplished the job Keyboarding Ability to perform front office support Knowledgeable in medical terminology Understanding of billing and coding Volunteer Work/Activities Recreation Leader.
- Handle incoming calls from our clients' employees, answering their questions and sorting out issues relating to their healthcare benefits, 401K savings, life benefits, retirement plans, LOA, Payroll, other human resource related services.
- Actively working through various Human Resource issues such as recruiting, death benefits processing, compensation (salary administration), system accesses, and reporting and exit interviews.
- Receive back-to-back calls with little or no time between calls.
- Use active listening, probing, play-back, and style-matching skills to evaluate the customer's needs.
- Navigate in a Windows based system through a series of databases in order to access the appropriate information to service the customer.
- For lengthy or complex questions, utilize technique to research the information and calls the customer back as required.
- Research can involve a number of resources, such as asking other CSAs, using online databases, reviewing documentations or asking other knowledgeable experts.
- Between calls, works on various administrative projects which can include benefit calculations, data management, transaction workflow call backs and process improvements.
Benefits Specialist I Resume
Objective : Licensed Professional Insurance Agent who has provided valuable services to consumers in need of insurance coverage. Eight years of experience in the insurance field has yielded a solid professional committed to providing the best insurance services to consumers. In addition, has six years of experience working in the field of health insurance enrollment benefits, COBRA, FSA claim processing and Medicare benefits.
Skills : Customer Service, Insurance, Sales, Presentation Skills, Benefits Administration, Problem Resolution, Research.
- Provided insight for administrators and brokers regarding monthly billing of company's benefits and COBRA accounts.
- Demonstrated a strong knowledge in Health, Life and Disability benefits for company's clients Ensured the completion of assigned FSA and COBRA administrative duties including FSA claim organization, COBRA scanning and other quality control processes.
- Developed and maintained professional relationships with internal account management team.
- Presented ideas and strategies to assist with the improvement of the customer service department.
- Responsible for special assignments that improved processes and procedures.
- Taught new hires how to research and effectively use the company knowledge system to ensure exceptional service to the client.
- Demonstrated a working knowledge of Medicare eligibility and benefits.
Associate of Arts
Benefits Specialist II Resume
Headline : Young customer Service professional seeking employment with a company, which will allow growth and development in my area of expertise. My extensive knowledge in customer service has allowed growth in the most recent position listed. Words to describe my work ethic are dedicated, quick, and results oriented.
Skills : Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint. Quick books. Office management.
- Processed and administered all OFLA/FLMA/ADA request by employees to stay in compliance with all guidelines and laws.
- Direct preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies.
- Administer, direct, and review employee benefit programs, including the integration of benefit programs following mergers and acquisitions.
- Mediate between benefits providers and employees, such as by assisting in handling employees' benefits-related questions or taking suggestions.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientations to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
- Directly involved with worker's compensation claims from initial reporting through closure of claims.
- Communicating with doctors and claims examiners with SAIF.
Employee Benefits Specialist Resume
Objective : To participate as a team member in a dynamic work environment focused on promoting business growth by providing superior customer service.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Excellent Communication Skills, Problem Solving, Self-Starter, Call Center Experience, Flexible, Customer Service.
- Process medical, dental and FSA, HSA enrollments.
- Research and respond to benefit enrollment issues.
- Update member data including , dependants, change of address etc.
- ensuring data intregity.
- Provide problem resolution by effectively communicating with other departments, the employee and or employer.
- Effectively document and track content with participants and clients.
- Process Qualified life events.
- Abided by HIPPA regulations Accomplishments Received an award for number one in quality calls and schedule adherence for month of December 2015.
Company Benefits Specialist Resume
Objective : Administrative support with experience in employee benefit plans across the corporation. Strong ability in researching and communicating information to others in the resolution of process problems. Excellent customer service skills and recognized effective supervisor. Key strengths include reliable work ethic and high dependability. Flexible, energetic and motivated in both team and individual contribution roles, easily sharing and applying skills and knowledge to meet goals.
Skills : Customer Service, Human Resources, Hiring, Sales, Windows.
- Multiple external vendor relationships with multiple points of contact.
- Contribute to the efficient administration of Walter Energy's overall benefit programs and provide an exceptional level of service to our employees.
- Performed administrative functions for all group various benefit plans such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and 401(k) retirement savings plans to employees.
- Communicated with current & former employees regarding plan related issues, communicating with service providers to resolve employee issues.
- Performed reconciliation and transfer of data and funds to service providers.
- Assisted in annual open enrollment for company benefits processing changes and/or additional request to third party administrators.
- Performed data entry into payroll system for employee benefit deductions.
Senior Benefits Specialist Resume
Headline : Project and Change Management Professional with more than 5 years of experience in a variety of areas in Office Management, Human Resources, Purchasing, and Telecommunications. Successful bringing project initiatives from conception to completion honoring budgets and timelines. Reputation for stepping up to take on additional responsibilities when needed by organization. Successful in developing teams for short and long-term assignment.
Skills : Office Management, Hr Policies & Procedures, Hris, HR, Business Management.
- Analyzed compensation plan for salaried employee base.
- Worked with third party on industry relevant market surveys.
- Implemented broad-band compensation plan for all salaried employees in the organization.
- Reviewed and approved all salaried employee compensation changes and made recommendations to bring employees into the correct compensation bands.
- Administered annual merit program.
- Administered all insurance programs (medical, dental, life, short and long-term disability plans).
- Involved in placing Medical and Life Insurance plans out to bid.
- Analyzed the bids, prepared recommendation to Senior Management for final decision, implemented enrollment into the new plans.
Benefits Specialist III Resume
Summary : Highly experienced Customer Service professional. Able to handle a high volume of customer calls in a fast-paced environment, with minimum supervision, while maintaining emphasis on the highest quality of consumer service. Excellent listening skills, oral and written communications. Comfortable in interacting with all levels of the organization and public. Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills. Able to make decisions independently and quickly with minimal escalations.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Outlook, Time Management Skills, Leadership Skills, Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, 10 Key, Team Player.
- Manages employee pension plans and 401(k) plans.
- Introduces and oversees employee stock options and investment opportunities.
- Manages employee health insurance and health care plans.
- Assists employees in filling out the paperwork for their benefits packages.
- Leads informational sessions on company benefits.
- Calculates the proper paycheck deductions for these benefits.
- Explains the various benefit options to new employees.
- Researches alternate options for benefits packages and investment opportunities.
Payroll Benefits Specialist Resume
Objective : Highly adaptable, organized and result oriented Benefits Specialist with a 19-year record of innovative problem solving. Ability to work under minimal supervision in a Management and Union environment. Strong Health and Welfare: 401K, retirement and pension background: IRS qualified, non-qualified and executive.
Skills : 401K, Pension, Benefits, FMLA, STD,LTD.
- Worked in a start up centralized Human Resources Shared Service Center using SAP Employee Interaction Center Managed the administration of the pension application process: audited forms based documents and data in SAP.
- Sent acknowledgement to employees and managers.
- Completed pension setups in JP Morgan's system; set up EFT, tax and medical deductions.
- Maintained accurate data and executed change requests affecting payroll deductions.
- Documented, scanned and archived transactions, forms, and files Managed the company's retiree billing and reimbursement for deferred and union retirees: completed initial setup (correspondence and forms), updated payment spreadsheet, collected checks and sent deposits to lockbox.
- Collected payments not received by due date.
- Managed premium changes: based on Aon-Hewitt and JP Morgan's reports, verified coverage in Aon-Hewitt's system, adjusted payments, processed reimbursements and underpayments, composed and sent appropriate correspondence.
- Assisted retirees and active employees with annual enrollment.
Benefits Specialist/Supervisor Resume
Summary : To obtain a position utilizing my organizational and strong interpersonal skills with opportunity for advancement.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Assist the Executive Director of Benefits with administration and maintenance of insurance programs including health, life, retirement and voluntary plans for thirty-one facilities and thirty-two hundred associates.
- Assist with training Benefit Coordinators.
- Process corporate new hire benefit enrollment and changes.
- Responsible for answering associate questions concerning deductions, benefits, leave of absence, and benefit eligibility; investigate claims and advise associates of claims status; interpret policies and procedures to provide explanations according to summary plan descriptions or contractual agreements.
- Responsible for assisting with various projects including acquisitions, audits, meeting planning and coordinating.
- Process terminations and conduct termination audits by reviewing monthly termination report to ensure provider notification to terminate coverage of associates.
- Responsible for open enrollment communications of benefit plan changes and introduce new benefit plan offerings to associates.
- Arrange special seminars with benefit partners as needed.
Benefits Specialist/Investigator Resume
Objective : Dedicated manager with a strong work ethic and the ability to build lasting relationships. Experienced in operations management, sales, budget development, staffing and cost control. Adept at communicating effectively with customers, vendors and staff. Able to motivate employees to perform at maximum potential. Exceptional organizational and planning skills; adaptable; enjoy new challenges.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Interviews persons for assistance, obtains necessary information, and re-determines their continuing eligibility.
- Explains benefit programs and determines reasons and need for assistance.
- Processes applications for financial assistance and diversion.
- Determines eligibility for assistance and benefit levels using automated systems and manual methods; interprets policies and procedures applicable to the various programs.
- Monitors cases for changes in recipient circumstances, and implements changes to appropriately reflect benefit level within guidelines.
- Evaluates employability status of clients and explores potential sources of income; explains client responsibilities, rights and program availability.
- Refers clients to service worker as the result of overall assessment of situation.
- Prepares reports and maintains client records.
Benefits Specialist Lead Resume
Summary : Seeking employment within an organization where I can use my skills to excel in a stimulating and challenging environment.. Therefore, contributing to the success of the organization while striving towards upward mobility.
Skills : Benefits Administration, Heath And Welfare.
- Support the Benefits Director with implementation, process and improvement within the department.
- Assist the Benefits Director with plan renewal process, plan set ups and plan changes.
- Responsible for coordination of 5500's and benefit plan audit work.
- Administer company sponsored 401(k) plan and assistant Benefits Director with reconciliation.
- Maintain all employee insurance records for health and welfare benefits including, medical, dental, vision.
- Conduct new hire orientation and assist with new hire training.
- Administer Canadian health and welfare and RRSP (401) k.
- Subject matter expert for health and welfare, union pension and 401(k).
Benefits Specialist Resume
Objective : An experienced Senior Human Resources Specialist who believes that employees perform better when they understand the goals of a company, and will go out of my way to explain the bigger picture. An expert at using my people management skills to drive performance and attract the most qualified employees. As a true professional, I constantly look for ways to improve how I work both individually and collectively.
Skills : Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator.
- Prepared benefit enrollments and retirement estimates for processing in HR database system.
- Facilitated benefits orientation for enrollments and conducted exit interviews for terminations and separations.
- Collaborated with plan carriers and staff to effectively and efficiently resolve benefit conflicts.
- Managed open enrollment correspondence and presented open enrollment information sessions.
- Ensured all FMLA, ADA and HIPPA, laws were in compliance, managing each worker's compensation case from inception to completion.
- Identified efficiencies and developed procedures that enhanced processing and customer service; reviewed finished documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Organized and implemented an efficient benefits and onboarding work flow system that resulted in significant cost savings.
- Streamlined the VLTP open enrollment, including table displays, vendor updates, and plan changes.
Human Resource Management