Perioperative Nurse Resume
Summary : Perioperative nurses help plan, carry out, and assess treatment for patients undergoing surgery.
Skills : Technical Skills, Communication Skills.
- Cross-trained in all areas, general, vascular, thoracic, neuro, nephrology, & orthopedics.
- Learned to scrub, string sets, & autoclave instrument sets.
- Prescribed treatment times, de-accessed and weighed patients before discharge home.
- Watched vitals closely, worked with physicians and following the individual patient orders.
- Worked to maintain a safe environment for patients, families, and staff.
- Circulated and scrub planned and emergent procedures in all specialties including Neurosurgery, Orthopedic Surgery.
- Worked as a surgical nurse on the Perioperative team in a friendly ski town advocating for patients undergoing surgery and anesthesia.
Perioperative Nurse III Resume
Summary : Registered nurse experience in healthcare. Two years in primary care on med surg unit, five years experience as circulating nurse, eight years experience as surgical technician.
Skills : Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Communications.
- Adhered to Regulatory Agenciesstatus adhere to ptandards and Policies.
- Confirmed clinician's practice, privileges, and credentials.
- Participated in perioperative teaching, answers patients /parents questions accurately and honestly taking into account age, cultural and religious factors.
- Collaborated with the interdisciplinary health team concerning patients' plan of care.
- Maintained the security and confidentiality of data and information in accordance with patients rights policies.
- Performed perioperative assessment when the patient arrives in the OR suite.
- Demonstrated correct circulating and scrub techniques, including safe use of patient care equipment utilizing safety precautions.
Sr. Perioperative Nurse Resume
Summary : Energetic, hardworking individual seeking a Nurse Practitioner position within organization that will effectively utilize military and civilian experience, to provide excellent care to patients.
Skills : Circulating RN, Scrub Nurse, Med-Surg Nurse.
- Performed a number of intraoperative functions, which may include handling tissue, providing exposure, using the surgical instruments.
- Circulated Nurse-managing the overall nursing care in the operating room and helping to maintain a safe and comfortable environment.
- Scrubbed Nurse-selecting, anticipated and handled surgical instruments and supplies used by the surgeon for and during the surgical procedure.
- Currently only one of three nurses able to scrub a Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, St.
- Assisted with endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, endoscopies, and colonoscopies and recovery of the patient.
- Founded member of the Gateway Regional Medical Center orthopedic team.
- Identified ethical issues that arise during the perioperative phase like DNR, blood transfusions.
Perioperative Nurse I Resume
Objective : Working in hospital surgical departments, ambulatory surgery units, clinics, or physicians' offices, these RNs are involved in the care of patients before, during, and after surgery.
Skills : Communication Skills, Technical Skills.
- Worked for a free-standing surgical center supervising one medical technician.
- Prepped for various types of surgeries including informed consent, history, and physical assessments.
- Propped medication administration and prepared the patient for surgery as ordered.
- Ensured all labs, X-rays, EKGs, History & Physicals are present.
- Collaborated with patients, patient's families, physicians, physician's office staff and anesthesiologists.
- Registered Nurse The initiation and continuing care of the surgical patients including pre-registration for surgery, patient assessments.
- Provided both preoperative and postoperative teaching.
- Cared for surgical patients as well as post-cardiac catheter patients.
Perioperative Nurse/Executive Resume
Objective : Registered Nurse position within a company whose primary focus is providing exceptional and sufficient patient care.
Skills : Problem Solving Skills, Technical Skills.
- Obtained appropriate sterile and unsterile items needed for the procedure.
- Maintained a correct count of sponges, needles, instruments, and counts at appropriate times.
- Documented surgical procedures and medications used in the hospital charting system.
- Checked the patient's chart, identifies the patient, verifies surgery procedure with a consent form, and brings the patient to assigned O.R.
- Assisted anesthesia personnel and keeps accurate records throughout the procedure.
- Applied electrosurgical grounding pads, tourniquets, and monitors before procedure begins.
- Anticipated additional supplies needed during the procedure and demonstrate the ability to respond appropriately in emergencies.
- Helped transport the patient to a recovery room and assists in the cleaning of the room and preparing for the next patient.
Perioperative Nurse/Analyst Resume
Objective : Working with patients prior to surgery to complete paperwork, and help answer questions or calm fears about surgery.
Skills : Challenging Skills, Risk Management.
- Circulated and scrubs case for General, Orthopedic, GYN, and Urology.
- Updated process for cytology room, ordered and arranged maintenance for new equipment like 3D imager.
- Coordinated with Perioperative services to provide smooth and efficient check-in through a discharge of cytology patients.
- increased patient load from average a day.
- Increased revenue for the hospital with no loss due to infection or legal actions.
- Pleased with service and thus more likely to return and give community capital.
- Time management and efficiency with no untoward during the time of duty.
Lead Perioperative Nurse Resume
Summary : Experience in several areas of nursing to include administration. Flexible with good communication skills. Patient advocacy and work ethic takes top priority.
Skills : Management, Leadership, Chart Audits.
- Monitored patients awakening from anesthesia while assisting in their transition to responsiveness.
- Audited charts for state and company compliance.
- Floated from recovery to pain management when the need arose.
- Collaborated, facilitated, and recommended treatment plans and medical care.
- Documentation completed and successfully returned for billing.
- Expedited return to work within a timely fashion.
- RN staffed nurse for 10-bed Operating Room Dept.
Bachelor Of Science
Associate Perioperative Nurse Resume
Headline : Detailed Perioperative Nurse with experience in operating room preparation, sterilization and sterile environment maintenance throughout surgical procedures.
Skills : Management, Decision Making Skills.
- Identified further care needs and evaluates patients' health status.
- Functioned in both scrub and circulator roles in various cases.
- Prepared operating room instruments and supplies required for all surgeries.
- Coordinated with OR staff to verify exact instrument, sharp and sponge counts.
- Assisted with proper patient positioning for various surgeries providing complete patient safety.
- Assessed the patient's needs and provide appropriate care in the operating room.
- Mentored new perioperative nurses to the facility.
Associate In Nursing
Asst. Perioperative Nurse Resume
Headline : To obtain a nurse position that will allow to utilize clinical, clerical and interpersonal skills to all patients in all stages of life.
Skills : Nursing, Patient Caring Skills.
- Met with patients before surgery and conducted a health history exam, and other necessary assessments.
- Prepared patient for surgery and performed all necessary interventions such as vital signs, medication administration.
- Acted as a circulating nurse during surgery.
- Positioned, performed sterile preps and administered needed medications, fluids and dressings.
- Assisted anesthesiologists with nerve blocks.
- Administered conscious sedation for pain management.
- Monitored patient's vital signs during conscious sedation.
Bachelor Of Arts
Perioperative Nurse Resume
Objective : Seeking a position as a Registered Nurse in an acute setting that emphasizes quality care for patients and facilitates growth and development as a professional nurse.
Skills : ER Nurse, Technical Skills.
- Performed initial and final count of sponges, instruments, and needles.
- Assisted the surgeon by selecting and handed over the required supply and instrument.
- Performed the tasks of a circulating nurse. Assisted the surgical nurse in preparing and counting instruments.
- Assisted in managing the nursing care of a patient during surgery.
- Observed for breaches in surgical asepsis and coordinating the needs of the surgical team.
- Trained to manage the care and environment during surgery.
- Provided support and care to pre-operative patients.