Category Analyst Resume
Summary : To secure a position with a well established organization with a stable environment that will lead to a lasting relationship. Where could maximize customer services skills and ability to work well with people.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer service, Time Management.
- Analyzed category performance across a variety of indicators such as sales, gross profit, mark-on, markdowns and market share.
- Identifed and understood competition's impact on the category and provided recommendations to grow category market share.
- Analyze item assortment and create recommendations for efficient assortment.
- Analyzed current pricing structure and provided recommendations for category sales growth.
- Created recommendations for new item placement and category schematic presentation.
- Developed recommendations on promotional items to the category manager.
- Developed post promotional analysis by item within the Category.
Bachelor Of Science
Sr. Category Analyst Resume
Summary : Category Analyst who identifies growth opportunities using broad consumer packaged goods experience. Creating processes for budget tracking, identifying replenishment trends, and identifying item relationships. Adept at developing surveys to gain actionable consumer insights.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, CAD, Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Created plan-o-gram/modular using ProSpace for retailers in Mass, Drug, Club, and other channels.
- Developed and managed off-shore team for weekly reporting.
- Performed promotional item tracking and analyses.
- Provided recommendations for subsequent store/club level distribution.
- Tracked budgets for business.
- Created store groups for event creation in CPFR.
- Reduced shipping costs annually by coordinating distribution center orders across multiple departments.
Category Analyst/Manager Resume
Headline : An accomplished, results-oriented business to business to customer sales and marketing manager with extensive experience in the Shipping/Logistics Management, Supply Chain Solutions and Consumer Packaged Goods Industry. Proven capabilities in relationship building with customers key stakeholders, business development, category management, training and development, market research, new product launches and strategic planning.
Skills : Logistics, Sales, Category Management, Marketing Management.
- Oversaw category reporting and plan-o-gram development across company categories using syndicated data to complete top-line analysis, assortment analysis and opportunity gap assessments.
- Responsibile for supporting specific accounts as well as region-wide initiatives.
- Provided and aided key account managers with fact-based presentations to sell key objectives to individual customers.
- Created and maintained process called "Line Item Optimization" of over 300 items.
- Revised schematics to exclude discontinued items as well as include new item introductions.
- Worked directly with account managers assortment customer and consumer insights, including variety optimization presentations.
- Completed variety optimizations process solving for space management issues to gain incremental space and increase productivity.
Associate Category Analyst Resume
Objective : To obtain a marketing or merchandising position in the retail field where there is a need for strong work ethic and a reputation for exceeding expectations.
Skills : Category Management, Marketing Research, Analytics, Excel.
- Collaborated with key customers to drive growth within the category.
- Work internally with Marketing, Supply Chain and Sales to develop a strategy to help gain business at the account as well as drive growth for the total category.
- Developed and delivered internal category reviews for overall Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Created and presented Category Reviews to the customer to identify performance, change in market share and opportunity gaps.
- Provided monthly market updates to customer including performance, share, opportunity gaps and any recommendations to help close opportunity gaps.
- Collaborated with Sales & Marketing to build and project potential promotional activities for the customer which include email, instore and web execution.
- Worked side by side with customer to create product mix, POG's and pricing.
Category Analyst/Supervisor Resume
Summary : A self-motivated and creative thinker with over seven years of analytical experience, who works hard to obtain both personal and professional goals. Willing to adapt working style to benefit. A team player who is looking for new experiences.
Skills : Proficient in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Provided support to Category Merchandising & Pricing departments that will support achievement of departmental strategies and initiatives.
- Worked collaboratively across departments to meet budgeted key performance metrics.
- Assisted the CM with negotiating the most advantageous programs with vendors and actively seeking out new opportunities to reduce costs while maintaining an optimal item mix.
- Provided analysis to CM for negotiating the lowest cost, including all elements that impact costs such as logistics, distribution, shrink and reclaim.
- Developed promotional plans using identified lead items that will leverage margin while meeting the standards for the defined category role and strategy for each Banner.
- Executed best practice promotional planning, feature/display activity and in-store shopper marketing investments to effectively grow market share for the category while meeting margin targets.
- Ensured the on-shelf category assortment presentation and item mix reflects the unique needs of the category while aligning with the category role for each Banner.
Bachelor Of Science
Category Analyst/Consultant Resume
Summary : Dedicated professional with an analytical mindset that is able to seek and solve operational issues based on tight deadlines. Develops key relationships with upper management to ensure critical decisions and procedures are made on reliable data and knowledge. Reliable asset who believes, must be knowledgeable of every area of your company to maximize potential, as well as the performance and success.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Sales, Sales Operations, Analytical, Customer Service.
- Effectively maintained all aspects of Category by monitoring compliance, close coded items, profit management and rollouts of initiatives.
- Increased merchandising's sector productivity by managing two individuals (Merchandising Coordinator and Category Analyst).
- Developed custom reporting for various aspects related to maximizing efficiencies, profitability and successful implementation of key initiatives at the operating company.
- Optimized business processes and procedures in order to maximize profits to the company while maintaining and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Provided accurate and reliable data to upper management to ensure key decisions are made properly.
- Intensive analysis of key Merchandising metrics in order to maximize the efficiency and profitability of the company.
- Researched and analyzed areas of potential margin loss in all areas of the company and in turn, provides suggestions on corrective measures to upper management.
Masters Of Business
Category Analyst I Resume
Summary : Decisive leader who drives company growth through creative and innovative marketing strategies. Analyzing market trends and customer needs to develop highly-effective and targeted marketing campaigns.
Skills : Project Management, Excel, Affiliate Program Management, Public Speaking.
- Managed 300 plus distributors which includes mentoring and coaching 20 plus individual per day in a leadership capacity to establish pricing.
- Managed the pricing process to continue to be competitive in market.
- Reduced the number of Not on Files by nearly 20% by integrating a weekly sales analysis process.
- Developed standard operating procedures and guidelines to automate the flow of information to and from distributors.
- Drove efforts to create a streamline authorization process to automate pricing and provide "Best in Class" system.
- Successfully managed a website with internal tools to aid field sales personnel with pricing.
- Increased the number of Direct Store Deliveries by ensuring pricing is accurate and at store level.
Master Of Business
Asst. Category Analyst Resume
Headline : Marketing Manager with experience in combining project management, marketing research, product management, and packaging expertise to ensure financial growth and provide increased distribution opportunities. Solid experience in promotional programs, cross promotional partnering, packaging design, and display opportunities.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Business Analysis, Marketing, Budget Management, Business.
- Delivered analysis and key observations regarding Category growth, and provided efficient follow-up for report generation.
- Drove informational synergies between various databases (tools) purchased including Nitro, Custom Channel & Consumer Facts, Assortment Tool, while providing quarterly business reviews to identify key opportunities.
- Provided insights and growth opportunities by maintaining convenience store business growth presentation.
- Presented cannibalization studies in convenience store markets, provided new item trend analysis for all Channels, and evaluated all channels.
- Researched and presented in-depth analysis for Mixers, Sauce and Juice Brandsand delivering monthly business reviews for all brands.
- Documented and reported results for new product launch and expanding growth opportunities for brand.
- Supported marketing team by suggesting flavor trends, and recommended strategic flavor changes based on trends and competition.
Associates In Management
Category Analyst III Resume
Headline : To seek a rewarding and challenging position to utilize experience, education to contribute to the overall success of the company. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and JDA Space Planning, experienced in JDA Floor Planning, NPD, Retail Link and systems relating to Sales and Modular Planning, and hotel property management systems.
Skills : Category Management, Sales Management, Project Management, Forecasting.
- Provided necessary product information to category merchandising managers.
- Communicated in-system needs from cross functional partners to category merchandise mangers.
- Monitored category consumer trends and market demographics while preparing iri scorecards on assigned category.
- Build and maintained a strong business relationship with the vendor representatives.
- Conducted retail audits to maintain market knowledge in respective product categories and present audit to the customer.
- Assisted to prepare customized reports to management when needed.
- Responsible for managing, training and development of Category Management Intern.
Associates In Management
Category Analyst Resume
Headline : Experience of over ten years of work between offices held in the industries of telecommunications, hotel and the pharmaceutical. Field experience involves areas such as management of product categories, project management, market research, promotions, sales, advertising, marketing, media, negotiation, customer service, training lectures, supervision of staff and corporate communications activities.
Skills : Billback Manager, Category Analyzer, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Replicated category planograms considering guidelines exhibition.
- Provided tools pharmacies shelf arrangement (planogram) to organize these products within the parameters established.
- Classification of product master drugstores and pharmacies according the standards and criteria, ensuring the integrity of data and recorded in the system.
- Advised pharmacies about processes for coordinating the area from the mainstream media, to meet needs and concerns.
- Informed pharmacies regarding developments, processes and instructions handled by coordination through the internal newsletter.
- Helped to ensure the proper arrangement of products on the shelves of pharmacies by planograms and follow the assembly.
- Proactively planning purchasing strategies and developing long-term relationship with suppliers.
Master In International Relations