Employment Specialist Resume
Objective : Skilled Job Developer/Employment Specialist with experience specific to the area of Health and Human Services. Have a proven ability to function in high-pressured ever-changing environments, interacting effectively with all levels of support staff and management. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent decision maker. Adept at using automated systems for data entry and retrieval. Ability to sort data and develop reports.
Skills : Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Staffing And Case Managing Systems I.e. Avionte, Awards
- Meeting with clients within one week of referral to the supported employment program.
- Making outreach attempts as part of initial engagement, and at least monthly when client contact ceases.
- Demonstrating tolerance of different levels of readiness to work by using encouragement when a client appears unsure of working.
- Conducting a written employment assessment that includes, but is not limited to the client's overall rehabilitation goal, work background, interests, talents and preferences, skills, coping strategies, and other work-related factors.
- Exploring job possibilities with the client by visiting possible work sites, and doing informational interviews.
- Assisting clients in finding jobs that are interesting and meaningful to them and at the skill level they desire by making employer contacts that are based on the client's job preferences.
- Conducting individualized job development by talking to employers about specific clients' abilities and desires to do a job in their place of business, and using extensive networking to identify potential job leads (talking with family members, friends, staff members, previous employers, community members).
- Providing individualized, time-unlimited follow-along supports to clients including crisis intervention, job coaching, counseling, and job support groups to help maintain employment.
Bachelor Of Science
Employment Specialist/Assistant HR Manager Resume
Summary : Analytical, solutions-oriented Employment Specialist/Assistant HR Manager with a track record of success evaluating organizational deficiencies and delivering customized strategies, improvement initiatives and dynamic training programs that consistently reset the bar of success. Distinguished thought leader and visionary thinker who has achieved the gold standard in efficiency attaining ISO 9001 certification and notoriety for driving large-scale change within the public and private sectors. Best known for accomplished ability to build strong teams and lead complex initiatives designed to advance workforce competencies, improve operations and drive out waste.
Skills : Human Resource Practices, Business Operations, Performance Improvement, Process Improvement, Process Mapping, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Content Management, Performance Management
- Managing security screening process end to end supporting five disciplines for a 3rd largest school district in the nation.
- Screening, processing, and providing approval status for 1300 applications annually.
- Analyzing and adjudicating 2900 state and federal background reports annually verifying state and federal databases.
- Providing support, direction, and issue resolution to applicants, university partners, and district principals.
- Liaising with labor relations and chief talent officer as a member of the cps background review committee.
- Spearheading process development and documentation, performing audits to identify areas of improvement.
- Collecting, mining, and interpreting large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data (real-time and historical).
- Analyzing data to evaluate performance and efficient use and distribution of resources.
- Formulating and implementing efficiency models and strategic performance improvement solutions inter-departmentally.
- Maximized team capacity by 40%, contributed a highly effective business model that standardized processes, leveraged technology, incorporated best practices, and improved operational efficiency.
Master Of Arts
Assistant Employment Specialist Resume
Headline : Independent Assistant Employment Specialist with high energy and great communication skills. Reliable and friendly professional able to work with little oversight and able to collaborate in team environments. A mid-level professional seeking a challenging position within an organization that values initiative, ambition, leadership, professionalism, and commitment to their company and projects.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Staffing And Case Managing Systems I.e. Avionte, Awards, SAP HCM, HRIS, Office Management, Case Management
- Performing job-coaching duties for participants assigned to their caseload.
- Serving as a positive role model to participant and employer, modeling appropriate work skills, behavior, and social interaction.
- Utilizing a variety of job coaching techniques to meet the participant and employer needs.
- Providing follow-along interventions to participants assigned to caseload, a minimum of two contacts per month supported by documentation.
- Using a team approach to share information on participant progress or other relevant information.
- Participating in developing and reviewing bi-annual supported employment work plans to participants assigned to your caseload.
- Participating in training to improve skills in the use of structured training techniques for teaching job performance skills, job-related skills and work behaviors.
- Providing supervision of program participants at work sites not to exceed 8 program participants per work site.
- Responsible for documentation of services provided, case notes, notable occurrence, processing of time sheets, and attendance records to ensure compliance with federal, state, and agency regulations.
Bachelor Of Science
Lead Employment Specialist Resume
Summary : Motivated and reliable Lead Employment Specialist with over 12 years of experience providing outstanding staff service. High-performing and creative and able to relate easily to clients, staff and colleagues. Seeking the role of increased responsibility and room for advancement. To integrate my skills and experience into a position that will offer advancement in the human services field as well as benefit youth and young adults.
Skills : Microsoft Office 2013 Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Windows 95 - XP And Unix Operating Systems, DOS Qualifications Upgrade System
- Assisting recruiters in finding qualified candidates for open positions and maintain regular contact with job seekers to determine outcomes.
- Accepting all phone calls and walk-ins from prospective job seekers of WIOA services.
- Scheduling and conducting weekly orientation sessions for new job seekers and collecting eligibility documentation and verifying the accuracy, as well as assisting in the delivery of URCS sessions.
- Assessing applications to determine eligibility, help job seekers to develop an Individual Plan for Employment (IPE) and provide case management services to job seekers.
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of WIOA rules, regulations and procedures, including eligibility, the sequence of services and policy changes provide job matching services, career targeting, and transferrable skills assessments to job seekers.
- Coordinating and conducting follow-up services for all job seekers, including verifying job placements.
- Providing follow-up services for job seeker up to a year after enrollment.
- Developing and writing individual training accounts or Ohio learning accounts for individual job seekers.
- Tracking on-the-job training contracts to ensure contract completion and successful outcomes and provide fast-track eligibility for qualified job seekers and be familiar with business incentives, including customized training.
Bachelor Of Science
Education & Employment Specialist Resume
Summary : A flexible, resilient and highly adaptable Education & Employment Specialist with proven cross-cultural communication abilities. Significant experience working with people of a variety of cultures, religions, languages, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Organized, responsible and capable of managing multiple differing deadlines simultaneously. Bi-lingual in English and Arabic. To obtain a position within an agency where professional growth and advancement are obtainable and my abilities, experience, and knowledge are utilized to benefit the agency.
Skills : Computer Microsoft Office Suite, Google +, Social Media Savvy, HRIS, Office Management, Case Management
- Improved the level of customer service provided to employers and clients, resulting in commendation letters from employers.
- Advocated on behalf clients' when needed, during and after the interview process.
- Conducted routine follow-up with employers and clients to ensure the satisfaction of service.
- Developed promotional materials to aid in recruitment and provided employers with resources to assist in recruitment needs.
- Assessed the skill level of prospective clients, conducted mock interviews and discussed job responsibilities.
- Fostered solid relationships internally and externally to identify strategic hiring opportunities.
- Concentrated efforts on client retention/satisfaction and growth, continually worked to build new and enhance relationships.
- Developed and maintained a substantial job bank to secure potential job openings for future clients.
- Ensured client's records and documentation were in accordance with the agency's requirements.
Bachelor Of Arts
Bilingual Employment Specialist Resume
Summary : Highly motivated and ambitious Bilingual Employment Specialist committed to pursuing a long-term career that will allow me to utilize my skills. Maintaining detail and organization has helped me succeed with internal day-to-day tasks. Work ethic, time management, energy, the ability to multitask, and competitiveness is what I can bring to a company and organization. To utilize my exceptional case management skills in assisting a diverse population in the acquisition of necessary life skills and resources.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel And Database. Typing 45-50 Wpm., Job Coaching, Data Entry, Proficient In Computer Programs And Office Equipment, Organization
- Completing intake/job development paperwork for DVR, tracking authorizations and units used for client contacts, input case notes into the pro-filer reporting system.
- Assessing the client's skills and assisting in determining the best job fit based on their work goals.
- Developing community jobs for adults with ID/DD, physical and mental health disabilities.
- Developing resumes with clients, researching job openings, assisting with applying for various positions, practicing mock interviews, attending some interviews with clients and providing job coaching or follow-along, as needed.
- Providing updates to and working closely with business managers, DVR counselors and case managers from other agencies, etc.
- Assisting clients with mock interviews and completing job applications online and in paper form.
- Establishing, retaining, and ensuring fulfillment of assignment at community service sites for participants.
- Recruiting participants according to DOL guidelines.
- Seeking clarification on processes and works with other team members to identify suggestions for improvement.
Bachelor Of Science
Employment Specialist And Case Manager Resume
Summary : Employment Specialist And Case Manager with 9 years of personal and professional experience in Human Services. Acted as liaison with community partners, treatment teams and employers. Worked with mental health and developmentally disabled adults and children in achieving their highest aspirations. Strengths include strong communication skills, ability to navigate various software programs, knowledge of multi-line phone systems, strong problem solving and information gathering skills, the ability to identify, assess and meet the needs of individuals seeking assistance through a vast knowledge of resources.
Skills : Leadership Development, Talent Acquisition, Project Management, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Change Management, Negotiation, Business Analysis, Organizational Development
- Delivered job placement services to mandated individuals receiving temporary assistance for needy families from the local department of social services.
- Conducted weekly employment readiness training and weekly case reviews with management, collected, compiled and submitted monthly statistics on program progress.
- Coordinated the development and implementation of the school to work program including assessment, classroom-based activities, career exploration, internships, and employment services.
- Provided instruction to students on vocational decision making, job search, self-management, and life management skills in a classroom setting.
- Developed and implemented team projects and vocational opportunities within the community.
- Functioned as a member of a team including students, project partners, school personnel, families, and other interested parties.
- Utilized methods and techniques which fit each client’s unique needs (i.e. job carving, customized employment, and appropriate job coaching and teaching strategies).
- Developed naturally supportive environments to allow fading from job sites.
Employment Specialist/Job Developer Resume
Summary : To obtain a position that will utilize my 8+ years of insurance experience, customer service skills, organizational abilities, technical knowledge, analytical ability, strong provider contracting background, wide range of technical knowledge, case management, supervisory, team lead and business leadership experience.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Internet Knowledgeable, SAP And IFS Experience, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Filemaker Pro, RightNow Technologies
- Conducted employability assessments to determine job seekers' skill levels, career interests and goals to determine appropriate employment opportunities and develop a positive and clear career path for job seekers.
- Worked closely with the vocational rehabilitation counselors to help their clients become successfully employed.
- Maintained accurate and complete files and prepared monthly reports for every person on my caseload.
- Developed individualized job development for those in employment services and supported employment services through networking, marketing, and job/client matching leading to a 79% successful retention rate.
- Established excellent rapport with employers and job seekers to ensure retention; functioned as an advocate to resolve a conflict that arose among employers and job seekers.
- Provided assistance with resume creation or enhancement to generate interviewing opportunities.
- Attended job fairs to promote diversity placement services to increase community awareness and program referrals.
- Developed assessment sites for temporary vocational assessment, based on contract standards.
Independent Employment Specialist Resume
Objective : Outgoing Independent Employment Specialist offering experience and knowledge in the Human Services field. Works well with team members. Fluent in American Sign Language. Handles time management well. Quick learner, open-minded, compassionate and hard working. Looking to fill the position of Job Coach/Retention Specialist.
Skills : Counseling, Supervising, Documentation, Relationship Management, Case Management, Coaching, Sales, Management
- Scheduling classes based on the availability of classrooms, equipment, or instructors.
- Organizing and developing, or obtaining, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Offering specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Monitoring, evaluating, or recording training activities or program effectiveness.
- Attending meetings or seminars to obtain information for use in training programs or to inform management of training program status.
- Evaluating training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, or handouts.
- Designing, planning, organizing and directing orientation and training for employees or customers of industrial or commercial establishment.
- Establishing relationships with local companies, professional organizations, and career centers to become familiar with job opportunities and types within specific industry sectors.
Employment Specialist Supervisor Resume
Headline : Passionate, hard-working dedicated Employment Specialist Supervisor with over 5 plus years of experience within higher education. Excellent project management, sales, marketing, and promotional developer who possesses strong problem-solving skills and superior customer service background.
Skills : Microsoft Applications, SAP HCM, HRIS, Office Management, Case Management, Supervisor, Coaching, Educator
- Managing a caseload of 75 clients who have varying psychological and emotional challenges.
- Receiving and processing applications, including assessments and initial interviews.
- Performing investigations on clients for eligibility purposes, related to job attendance, unemployment, and public assistance build collaborations with community professionals to access job opportunities and educational opportunities.
- Authorizing duration of employment and educational opportunities presented to clients who are eligible to work.
- Point of contact for local services needing available clients for employment purposes.
- Providing workshops that teach coping mechanisms, life skills, decision making, and critical thinking skill sets.
- Actively working with the consumer to develop job seeking skills such as job readiness interviewing, application completion, resume development, and job retention.
Masters of Science