Summary : Certification Medical Coder with strong knowledge of ICD-9-CM, DRG, and CPT coding Demonstrates effective leadership, communication, and time management skills with attentiveness to details and completeness.
Skills : Microsoft.
- Using fee schedule, code all services in accordance with CPT and ICD-9CM billing guidelines.
- Review the patient demographics, financial status, and alternate payer information and make additions/changes to ensure that information is complete and accurate.
- Coded inpatient, outpatient, observation, emergency room (trauma registry), and diagnostic ancillary services; abstracted medical records with ICD-9-CM, CPT, and DRG coding.
- Attended meetings for updates on ICD-9-CM and completed DRG assurance clinical documentation program with 3M Health Information System Consulting Services.
- To collect, analyze and report data to be responsible for the data integrity and to generate reports verifying and ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Enters and maintains patient computer data to ensure conformance to cancer registry operational standards.
- Participates in special studies and projects; assists with the organization of cancer conferences; maintains compliance with regulatory standards.
Certificate In Coding
Medical Coder Resume
Headline : To obtain a challenging and rewarding career utilizing acquired Medical Billing and Coding skills and knowledge in a medical business office to provide excellent patient care and assist in meeting your company's goals.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Computer Skills, Customer Service, Documentation, Document Control, Document Management.
- Performed an array of administrative duties to include determining insurance eligibility in the medical care outpatient facility.
- Scheduled, cancelled and changed appointments using an automated system.
- Arranged and scheduled follow up appointments, consultations and other medical facilities.
- Updated patients medical records with new patient data to include, treatment results, doctor's notes or other documents required by medical staff.
- Relayed emergency information of patients needing immediate attention to appropriate medical personnel.
- Performed coding and charge entry procedures by following coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Assigned ICD-9-CM or HCPCS codes and apply appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval, analysis, and claims processing..
Masters Of Business
Certified Medical Coder Resume
Objective : Ability to work with physicians, ancillary staff, Management and supervise employees and work remotely. Experience provide a high level of medical expertise in training, auditing, coding, billing, handling of medical records, and computer software.
Skills : McKesson STAR/Cerner sw, Coding.
- Coded for outpatient clinics and professional fees for surgeries.
- Coded for orthopedics, Podiatry, Ophthalmology/Optometry, gastroenterology, Psychology, and all department outpatient surgeries (professional fees only).
- Assisted in coding clinic and non-staff labs, Walk-in clinic, Urology, and Internal Medicine.
- Audited charge tickets for accurate and required CPT, ICD-9 and 10, and HCPCS codes according to third party requirements.
- Interpreted medical record documentation to obtain necessary information for accurate coding.
- Communicated with Medical staff and physicians to acquire necessary or missing information for accurate coding.
- Educated physicians on missing documentation that resulted in a lower E&M level.
- Provided physicians with a weekly log of coding errors.
Emergency Room Coder Resume
Objective : Looking to advance career in the healthcare field by seeking a medical coding/billing position where my skills and knowledge as a Certified Professional Coder can be utilized to their fullest extent. Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Skills : Customer Service, Proficient In Microsoft Office, CPT, ICD-9, ICD 10, Allscripts, Affinity, 3m Encoder, Horizon Patient Folder, Supercoder, Epic.
- Review doctor's documentation to ensure complete and proper upkeep of patients' medical records for a fast-paced urgent care facility.
- Evaluate and interpret patient medical record in its entirety to ensure accurate and complete selection of diagnoses and procedure codes for accurate payment.
- Correct inappropriate and incorrect coding of diagnoses and procedures on claims rejected by insurances and queue them for resubmission.
- Review all Worker's Comp and No Fault cases to ensure timely filing.
- Review new coder's work and educate them on proper coding practices in accordance with standards set by the AAPC and the AMA.
- Utilize Aprima software system for all tasks.
- Received corporate culture and customer service training.
Junior Coder Resume
Headline : Established Remote Coder Coding and Abstracting of EHR Assignment of ICD-10-CM principal & secondary diagnosis.
Skills : Experienced in Microsoft office.
- Abstracting the inpatient LTCH Medical record on admission and discharge for correct ICD-9 code assignment.
- Maintaining 96% accuracy on all assigned Medical Record code assignments.
- Maintaining accurate Coding, Query, and DRG logs.
- Correctly assigning CPT-4 codes for patient procedures.
- Querying physicians for discrepancies or questions for correct code assignment.
- Assisting Billing/Admissions regarding Payors and Coordination of benefits.
- Manage staff of 6 people, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Coded computer-generated case documents for G.M., scanning on high res scanners, mailroom duties, LDD, reproduction/printing of documents for storage.
Bachelor Of Science
Lead Coder Resume
Summary : To obtain a position where can utilize coding skills and certifications to assist the organization in applying correct coding guidelines, improve education of physicians and facilitate increased revenue capture through compliant coding practices.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Epic, Athena, Athena, Athena Health EMR.
- Deliver successful service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrating accountability and commitment to quality and safety standards.
- Taking ownership of the financial success of the hospital.
- Assign diagnosis and procedure codes to cases after a thorough screening of medical records and other documentation.
- Maintain communication with department supervisors on coding, compliance, and documentation.
- Demonstrate sufficient proficiency with guidelines in all specialty areas.
- Participated in a one year program to cross-train coders and utilization review for case-management.
- Participated in the Earnst and Young documentation improvement program.
Objective : Driven individual experienced in setting and exceeding corporate targets. Able to work with little to no direction. Manager that is organized, self-motivated and well versed with data entry.
Skills : Autocad, Property Management, Management.
- Coding of encounters for the hospital group practice department using 3m encoder and medical record support documents.
- Assisted with the coding of emergency room records for the medical records department using the 3m encoder.
- Auditing and resolving of outpatient code edit for group practice and emergency room charts.
- Charge entry for the group practice department.
- Performed the physician querying process to obtain complete and accurate documentation for coding purposes.
- Monitored and reconciled physician encounters.
- Created physician encounters for billing home health, hospice, nursing home, and senior living center.
- Assisted in the training of new employees.
Associate Coder Resume
Summary : Trained and experienced professional with the ability to work with physicians, ancillary staff, Management and supervise employees and work remotely. Skills and experience provide a high level of medical expertise in training, auditing, coding, billing, handling of medical records, and computer software.
Skills : Experience In Office Administration.
- Reviewed physician claims that denied due to edits derived from LCD and NCD coding guidelines.
- Corrected the diagnosis codes, as well as Evaluation and management services.
- Reviewed medical record for both inpatient and outpatient claim for the physicians to determine correct coding.
- Entered claim charges as needed for Hospital Radiology and clinical EKG billing.
- Used the HCPCS, ICD-9-CM and the CPT coding books.
- Had to know medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Had to have some clinical knowledge to read and interpret lab reports.
- Built good repor with the physicians and recieved two ACE rewards Skills Used Windows, General office skills.
Diploma In Health
Coder I Resume
Summary : To acquire a challenging position that allows to continue to learn and advance the knowledge and skills. Developed in the medical coding field. To use acquired knowledge not only to help others understand the coding rules but to make certain that everything is compliant and accomplished using established coding guidelines.
Skills : Typing, Computer.
- Billing and coding of all non-cosmetic surgery procedures.
- Including but not limited to MOHS surgery, reconstruction due to cancers, surgical repair due to trauma, or disease.
- Collection of delinquent patient and insurance accounts.
- Followed aging reports on a 30-60-90 day basis.
- Ensuring that all claims were paid in a timely manner.
- Obtained authorizations for surgical procedures done in the office's surgical suite Processed all insurance claims, appeals, denials and hearings.
- Coordinated physician insurance contracts.
- Working directly with the insurance companies and physicians to negotiate contacts.
Certificate In Insurance
Summary : Coder position within an organization that can fully utilize skills to achieve their business needs and objectives.
Skills : Fluent in Spanish.
- Accurately code outpatient observation services, emergency room, surgeries and diagnostic ancillary services at 95 % accuracy or greater while maintaining or exceeding hospital productivity rates.
- Participates in Internal Revenue System Committee to enhance reimbursement and procedures.
- Assists in training department interns and new hires.
- Recognizes and reports significant issues to Directors.
- Evaluation and Management level assignment.
- Trauma Registry abstracting and submission to state.
- Charge coding for all outpatient services.
- Ensure accuracy of service physician orders and discharge dispositions.