Community Health Educator Resume
Summary : Highly Motivated Healthcare Professional with Experience and Education Recognized for creativity and innovation in the development of novel ideas Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Excellent Caring Attitude.
Skills : Customer Service Skills, Retail Sales, Stocking, Cooking, Customer Service Skills.
- Collaborated/networked with human service agencies, health organizations, various committees, schools and other influential and relevant entities with the initiative to reach targeted populations.
- Responsible for maintaining, ordering and disbursing updated brochures and other related health materials for displays, client handouts, and health professionals' resources throughout the entire county.
- Participated in health fairs presenting / marketing health information/services and demonstrations to the public.
- Coordination, development, and production of multi-media segments on public health, engaging print, radio, and television (with appearances on Lifebeat Chautauqua), for advertising and educational purposes.
- Counseled individuals and facilitated skill development through role-play and practice.
- Trained and provided technical support to personnel within social service agencies, schools, health organizations, and criminal justice systems.
- Participated in the on-going county, state, and federal elective and mandatory training to enhance skills, acquire up-to-date information and certifications, while broadening professional development.
BS In Social Work
Community Health Educator III Resume
Headline : Experienced with at-risk populations, skilled in monitoring, evaluation, and community follow-ups. Ability to identify issues, synthesize conclusions into recommendations, and implement action-plans. Exceptional capacity to execute administrative tasks with accuracy and efficiency. Passionate and motivated, hard working and reliable with a drive for excellence.
Skills : Budget Administration, Diversity Planning, Talent Management, Staff Training And Education.
- Directed a Youth Group to Develop and Launch the HIV/AIDS Community Awareness Project.
- Delivered Highly Sensitive Presentations/Educational Sessions on literacy, photography, physical education, outdoor living, cooking, and positive self-concepts for victims of sexual abuse (ages 8-18).
- Built and Fostered Relationships with Community Leaders, Non-Profit Organizations, Healthcare Providers, and Patrons across the service area.
- Empowered Local Clinics to Eliminate Obstacles and Barriers and Maximize Healthcare Access in Immigrant Villages by co-developing a census survey, facilitating interviews, and designing community diagnostic tools in Spanish.
- Organized and Facilitated Health Workshops and Outreach Programs/Events to Build Community Relations.
- Coordinated logistics, created marketing collateral, managed promotional activities, delivered presentations on the benefits and services of the organization, and collaborated with medical/community providers to meet healthcare goals across the area.
- Implemented Curriculums and Provided Training on social/language/fine motor skills to special needs and malnourished children.
Bachelor Of Arts
Community Health Educator II Resume
Objective : Certification in Medical Billing and Coding through APC Creation and implementation of program curricula for at-risk and undeserved populations. Have written grants resulting in awards of up to for arts and wellness programs. Creation of multi-site Wellness program which served over 800 clients/year.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Electronic Health Records, Hipaa Compliance.
- Communicated with qualified clients and invite them to participate in program; interview patients, collect and process demographic information; enroll/dis-enroll patients according to eligibility.
- Increased program visibility by performing outreach to the community; participate in community education initiatives; provide collaboration and referrals with community providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Performed various tasks both at home and in a clinic setting.
- Checked vital signs; provided resources/referrals for specialty services, benefits, legal and other needed social services.
- Communicated with appropriate staff regarding any coordination of patient care including pharmacy and specialty services.
- Participated in planning, preparation, and facilitation of client education and training as assigned.
- Ensured medication adherence with patients and reported to medical provider patient status.
AA In Liberal Arts
Community Health Educator I Resume
Summary : Performance design Project Management Strategic Planning Health Education Coaching: leadership, management, team-work Training: Communication, performance under pressure, collaboration Public and Community Relations.
Skills : Microsoft office, CGX, Hcat, Healthwise.
- Developed educational and public involvement activities related to assessing public health implications of environmental hazards.
- Coordinated communication between project staff, federal and state agencies, local officials and the community.
- Created fact sheets on health assessments and substances of concern.
- Organized, publicized, and facilitated community meetings.
- Provided technical assistance regarding principles of community relations and risk communication.
- Developed a curriculum and conducted risk communication trainings to 12 county health and agricultural departments throughout California.
- Targeted communities lacking environmental health expertise.
- Created outreach fact sheets for 12 environmental health projects and collaborated with county health agencies and community-based organizations to distribute them to communities throughout California.
Sr. Community Health Educator Resume
Summary : Management professional with expertise in IT solutions and a passion for ensuring the health and wellness of all individuals within the workplace. Accomplished in managing technical IT operations and projects leading a team of up to 120 associates across a multi-state territory.
Skills : Meditation Practice, Pre & Post Natal Yoga, Yoga Philosophy, Kids Yoga, Chair Yoga.
- Organized agency events and health fairs to provide information to the community.
- Researched and developed age and literacy appropriate curriculum on health issues that impacts the needs of the community.
- Conducted individual counseling for adults and adolescents.
- Established and maintained on-going collaborative relationships with organizations and health professionals.
- Evaluated program effectiveness and materials.
- Obtained, reviewed, and developed health education materials and visual aids that are arranged for their presentation throughout the agency, schools, clinics and community agencies/facilities.
- Assisted 125 patients to access community resources and financial assistance programs and services that are needed.
Certified Health Coach
Jr. Community Health Educator Resume
Summary : Registered Nurse with ten years of experience within medical-surgical settings, medical oncology, radiation oncology, community health and clinical settings. Strong background in health and public education, clinic experience, case management, community organization, and general health care needs.
Skills : Medical Billing, Medical Coding.
- Organized health care events, and worked with local healthcare facilities.
- Prepared and facilitated health fairs and provide patients with educational materials.
- Educated people in the community about healthy lifestyles choices cancer prevention and health care needs.
- Organized and implemented multiple cancer support groups within health care facilities.
- Organized and facilitated multiple fundraising events for the American Cancer Society.
- Managed event budgets based off of revenue from events.
- Obtained, grants, sponsorships and community support on health initiatives.
- Collaborated with many community initiatives on health education including schools, public health departments, clinics, and businesses.
Associate In Nursing
Lead Community Health Educator Resume
Headline : A highly talented, skilled and professional community health educator with extensive knowledge of planning, organizing and providing health education programs for communities. Looking for a challenging position as senior community health educator or research coordinator to utilize skills and proficiency in a renowned health organization.
Skills : Motivational Interviewing, Comprehensive Knowledge.
- Conducted home and phone sessions with patients with poorly managed type 2 diabetes.
- Evaluated of home issues, lifestyle changes, food inventory, medication adherence, and teaching of insulin injection and testing of blood sugars.
- Scheduled patients using Cerner Scheduling Software.
- Checked of blood pressure and blood sugars.
- Recruited and managed five schools as mini-grantees to work on communication and enforcement strategies for tobacco-free school policies.
- Analyzed and identified where Colorado Springs City smoking codes were outdated and identified methods to introduce updated smoke-free policies to the city council.
MS In Public Health
Asst. Community Health Educator Resume
Summary : Highly enthusiastic and motivated person seeking to secure a professional-challenging long-term career.
Skills : Health Intervention, Events management, Social media marketing.
- Promoted chronic disease programs throughout the community.
- Recruited and trained community individuals to organize community health education programs.
- Implemented policy and environmental strategies to improve community health.
- Assisted organizations with organizing community health fairs and participate in events.
- Provided health information as an outreach efforts to agencies and organizations.
- Partnered with child care centers to implement healthy food programs to help prevent obesity.
- Conducted eight-week arthritis exercise workshops at community centers, churches, and assisted living complexes.
- Initiated and recruited community members to participate in obesity reduction in community efforts.
Master Of Education
Associate Community Health Educator Resume
Summary : Extensive experience in providing leadership and guidance for Association's core activities, monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of Association's core programs, and developing key organizational governing manuals including but not limited to the bylaws, policy and procedures manual, fundraising, financial policies and procedures document, and cost allocation methodology plans.
Skills : Microsoft word, Microsoft Outlook, Client Attendance Database.
- Organized and executed grant related activities and worked to ensure grant requirements were met.
- Assessed community needs and priorities through analysis of program results.
- Served as a resource in health education to the community, health department staff, and community agencies.
- Presented health education programs to targeted audiences to make community aware of preventative health programs.
- Prepared related grant reports monthly and annually to state, coalitions, and community organizations.
- Coordinated with other health agencies to prevent duplication of services.
- Responded to media requests for interviews and information.
Community Health Educator/Supervisor Resume
Summary : Excellent planning skills and attention to detail Exemplary time management and organizational skills, able to handle multiple tasks Superior problem solving and negotiating skills 15+ years sales experience.
Skills : Grant Writing, Health Education, Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Teaching.
- Interacted with different cultures and people's.
- Taught Life Skills classes for Elementary School classes.
- Organized community health workshops on important health topics.
- Secured funds to build and stock a school library.
- Restarted local orphan care point and planted garden for increased food security.
- Assisted a community youth business association in operational capacities Skills Used Grant writing, organizing workshops, foreign language, capacity building.
Community Health Educator Resume
Summary : To provide excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to all individuals that encounter. To promote a positive motivating environment to promote success for colleges, other business personnel.
Skills : Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Premier, Microsoft Word/Excel, Currently CPR certified.
- Researched community and social services available and provide telephonic self-management support.
- Assisted Care Managers with locating unable to reach members.
- Mailed members educational information and community resources.
- Managed about 20-30 cases a day of Care Oh Program members.
- Communicated with care managers throughout the department on a daily basis.
- Make outbound calls to follow up with members to ensure they got the community resource information.
- Provided support to Medicare and Medicaid recipients.