Summary : Highly committed CFO/Controller with 25 plus years of experience in corporate accounting and finance, seeking a position as Controller, Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant or Financial Analyst, where my experience will be used and further enhanced. Analytical accountant with broad experience in accounting and management. Hands-on manager with expertise in accounting systems development and financial reporting.
Skills : Microsoft Office, GP Dynamics, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Forecasting, Financial Analysis
- Served as an active member of the management team, directing all financial and accounting functions and procedures, including planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, revenue cycle management, audits, and contract management in an entrepreneurial and growth-oriented environment.
- Prepared and analyzed monthly and annual financial statements, by collecting, interpreting and reporting on financial data in compliance with U.S GAAP.
- Managed all general accounting functions, including general ledger, inventory control, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, assuring accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Implemented budgeting and forecasting across the company, consequently reducing the administrative and selling expenses by 20%.
- Performed variance analysis to ensure compliance with operational budget targets and goals.
- Prepared valuation and analysis reports for mergers and acquisitions, recommending detailed plans to shareholders and management.
- Assisted in the integration of new business units into the centralized financial reporting system.
- Sustained and implemented adaptation and evolution procedures for business growth and expansion into new markets.
MBA in Finance
Business Manager/Controller Resume
Summary : Business Manager/Controller with experience in public accounting and private industry servicing manufacturing, distribution, construction, retail, real estate, governmental, non-profit, and professional service organizations. Dependable, organized, proactive charismatic action-oriented strategic problem-solving manager. I am a hands-on Leader with extensive experience of 24 years utilizing strong communication and interpersonal skills, known as a team-builder and as an exceptional client relation's person, who works well with others, or independently to achieve strategic organizational objectives.
Skills : Accounting, Finance, Bookkeeping, Accounting Software, Financial Statements, Accounts Payable, General Ledger Reconciliation, Month-end Close And Spreadsheets
- Managing all areas of the finance department, including the coordination of all monthly closing responsibilities of the company's financial and operating systems, and the preparation of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Streamlined the monthly closing process, reducing the closing cycle from 9 days to 3 days.
- Created a more streamlined client-focused team in finance, reducing the workforce by 35% without disturbing the continuity of operations.
- Refining the annual budgeting process by integrating the annual sales plan and incorporating the capital budget into the annual plan.
- Reviewing the company's accounting procedures for improvements to result in information timeliness, reduced effort, and greater accuracy.
- Responsible for managing all third-party audits, licensing audits, due diligence audits and bank audits.
- Reduced accounts receivable chargebacks by 36% by initiating, implementing and monitoring new accounts receivable and collection procedures.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of both the financial and operational internal controls to safeguard the assets of the company.
- Successfully negotiated a new asset-based lending agreement with our bank, saving the company several hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees annually and maximizing the company's borrowing capability.
MBA in Business Administration
Accounting Manager/ Controller Resume
Summary : Accounting Manager/ Controller with a history of adding value to a company by using diverse accounting background to improve earnings through the effective use of resources and focus on key profitability drivers. Eliminates bottlenecks and wasted resources through process and requirements review, simplification of systems and effective mentoring and development of personnel. Results oriented individual with strong leadership, decision making, mentoring and personal development skills combined with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Skills : WIP Schedules, Construction Draws, Revenue Reporting, And Job Cost Accounting. Proficient With Use Of Sage 300 CRE (Timberline) And QuickBooks, Banking, Insurance
- Responsibilities include management of office, accounting and administrative functions for all three companies.
- Auditing and accounting contact with an outside CPA firm for all accounting, reporting, and tax-related issues.
- Updating billing rate calculations as needed based on union negotiations.
- Working closely with corporate safety director to ensure all regulatory agency requirements are maintained, injuries are properly reported and managed, training is maintained, and company safety record is upheld.
- Working closely with the estimating department to review and evaluate estimates before submission and after completion of projects.
- Presenting monthly financial results to senior management and department managers using excel and powerpoint.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with trade creditors and outside professionals.
- Reporting monthly and weekly operating results against operating plans and forecasts to senior management on areas of significant variance and pro-actively recommending appropriate courses of action.
Bachelor Of Arts
Assistant Controller Resume
Headline : A senior Assistant Controller with experience and expertise in business aspects involving accounting, finance, information systems, insurance and risk management, cash management, cost accounting, product pricing strategies, forecasting and business planning, litigation assessment and monitoring, employee benefits, and taxes. Superior writing, communication, and project management skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Accounting, Excel, Journal Entries, Month End Close, Financial Analysis, Financial Statements, Accounts Payable, Solomon, Mckesson Financial, Mas90
- Responsible for the financial and cost accounting, reporting and planning functions for the division.
- Obtained approval for and coordinated company-wide training on ERP software.
- Worked with purchasing, inventory control, and production to determine the origin of variances and implement corrective actions.
- Produced a product line gross profitability report to allow for targeted profitability analysis.
- Implemented capital expenditure planning and support justification within the company.
- Utilized Syteline excel toolset to reduce monthly close from 10 days to 5 days.
- Identified areas of improvement in existing 401(k) plan and drafted investment policy statement.
- Implemented the webstore to reduce paperwork, processing, and handling of repetitive parts orders.
- Utilized Salesforce.com CRM to communicate credit and receivable information to field sales force.
MBA in Finance
Business Manager/Controller Resume
Summary : Highly accomplished Business Manager/Controller with an extensive record of success in directing accounting operations, building and leading training programs, and improving financial operations. Adept at all aspects of accounting, auditing, including statement preparation, reporting, auditing, relationship management, and cost control. Previous experience as a business owner and consultant, corporate manufacturing, and tax preparer. Excellent technical and problem-solving skills. Establish Master, static and flexible budgets. Prepared reviewed and compiled financial statements.
Skills : MS Office, Access, Peachtree, MAS90, Great Plains, QuickBooks, Timberline, Computer Ease, GAAP, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable
- Improved efficiency and cash flow for clients by converting manual accounting processes to automated systems.
- Implemented and configured complete accounting systems and performed all training.
- Directed generation of consolidated financial statements, project reports, filing of federal, state, local, and sales, and tax returns.
- Dramatically improved efficiency and accuracy by automating all accounting systems.
- Enhanced operations by developing and implementing new accounting policies and procedures.
- Reduced benefits cost by identifying new workers compensation groups, and regrouping.
- Updated financial reporting for both entities, including GL, and verified the account balances.
- Introduced standardized controls and procedures in multiple operational areas.
- Increased productivity by implementing standard job descriptions and timesaving methods.
MS in Accountancy
Controller/Accounting Manager Resume
Summary : Controller/Accounting Manager with a strong knowledge of GAAP. Broad experience in budgeting, cost accounting, fixed asset management, and financial analysis. Extensive cash flow management experience. Experienced in various industries including Real Estate, Manufacturing, Trucking, and Retail. Possess public accounting experience focused on the corporate, partnership, and individual tax areas. Great interpersonal skills.
Skills : GAAP, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Financial Statements, Journal Entries, Accruals, Amortization
- Responsible for general ledger transactions and related financial statement reconciliations.
- Consistently and timely managed the month-end and annual financial close process.
- Actively guided external auditors through financial and warehouse audits.
- Involved with management in areas of business insurance and banking related issues.
- Prepared and reported monthly, quarterly, and annual multi-state and local tax filings on a timely and accurate basis.
- Directed and maintained the multi-million property, plant, and equipment fixed asset system.
- Initiated the analysis which resulted in substantial subsequent refunds due to freight carrier billing errors.
- Selected as an accounting representative and subject matter expert to consult with various department core personnel on ERP system initiative.
- Determined erroneous local taxing authority assessment which resulted in thousands returned through credits and refunds.
BSBA in Accounting
Controller And Office Manager Resume
Summary : Team-oriented Controller And Office Manager who prepares clear, comprehensive financial reports for executive-level management. Interested in a position that will utilize my existing skills and challenge me to continue to grow professionally. Successful in working across functional areas to solicit and analyze information to provide input to appropriately allocate organizational resources.
Skills : Internal Controls, General Ledger, Financial Analysis, Financial Statements, Full Accounting Cycle, Cash Management/Treasury, Analytical reasoning, Financial statement analysis, Budget analysis
- Managed analysis and preparation of accounting records, financial statements, and financial reporting to ensure accuracy, completeness, plus regulatory and procedural standards compliance.
- Oversaw and directed general financial operations including finance, accounting, tax, human resources, marketing, and payroll.
- Interacted frequently with both the owners of the companies and with the representatives of international companies who are customers.
- Managed and deployed major software and email upgrade to reduce downtime and create a more secure environment for company electronically stored information.
- Restructured debt for company assets that were originally financed by the owners individually to the corporation's balance sheet.
- Reconciled several years of financial statements to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Developed and implemented effective accounting processes and internal controls.
- Established a new chart of accounts and assisted in the implementation of new accounting software.
BS in Accounting
Junior Controller Resume
Objective : Junior Controller with 4+ years of experience in comprehensive financial and accounting functions within diverse Manufacturing organizations, ranging from small companies to corporate divisions. Proven ability to identify and implement strategies for analyzing and problem-solving in order to streamline processes, reduce costs and meet corporate requirements. To find a challenging and rewarding leadership position within a high-quality organization that considers the integrity of its management team as a core value.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks Proficient, Audit And Prepare Financials, Microsoft Office, ERP, Acquisitions
- Supervised, monitored and maintained the agency's financial systems and uphold all fiscal operations of the agency.
- Responsible for supervision of all finance department staff including accounts payable, accounts receivable, as well as all general accounting functions.
- Broad working knowledge of agency funding sources including Medicaid funded programs, state and county contracts, and the associated regulations.
- Responsible for the preparation of all departmental monthly financial statements.
- Coordinated the preparation for the agency's yearly audit and ensure that all schedules have been completed.
- Oversaw finance department audit of personal allowance funds at all ira residences.
- Collaborated with program managers and directors to identify and addressed concerns as well as developed procedures to enhance financial operations.
- Responsible for implementing the agency's new EHR system which will automate data entry into the general ledger as well as the billing functions for waiver programs.
BS in Business
Financial Controller/Auditor Resume
Summary : Experienced goal-oriented Financial Controller/Auditor with an extensive background of 20 plus years in construction and manufacturing. Analytical with demonstrated ability to achieve financial objectives. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Effectively prioritizes diverse responsibilities while implementing organizational strategy. Highly motivated and collaborates well with internal and external counterparts. To work with an organization that provides a valued service to the community it serves.
Skills : Strategic Planning, Investment Analysis, Business And Health Insurance, Sage 100 (Master Builder), Budgeting/ Forecasting, Integrated Accounting Systems, MAS 90 Proficiency, Excel, Lotus, Timberline
- Increased revenues and controlling costs by developing and implementing operational strategies.
- Instrumental in an IRS audit resulting in a zero adjustment negotiated a 50% line of credit increase to financially support the company's rapid growth.
- Facilitated the successful completion of various residential and commercial condominium projects by handling all construction draws and permanent financing.
- Forecasted and administered business insurance for all entities resulting in a 15% savings.
- Supported working territory expansion by aiding with applications for state licenses.
- Developed and fostered relationships as liaison with bankers, CPA firm, and lawyers.
- Completed the operations of new mas 90 integrated accounting system resulting in a true job cost system.
- Prepared timely and accurate financial information for 13 separate companies.
- Provided oversight of capital budget expenditures and implemented an inventory and tracking system of computer equipment in the field as protection of the company's largest capital assets.
BS in Accounting
Senior Controller Resume
Summary : Innovative Senior Controller with experience in both large corporate and small office environments with an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving and a proven record of success. A seasoned professional with a track record of dependability and a reputation for integrity. To utilize my accounting skills, experience, and strong work ethic to contribute to the success of the organization, its employees, and customers.
Skills : Quickbooks, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Accounting, Business Analysis, Financial Analysis, Forecasting, Risk Management, Relationship Management, Teaching, Vendor Management
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls. Managing all payroll transactions and make sure they are processed accurately and timely manner.
- Ensuring that accounts payable and required debt payments are made in a timely manner.
- Complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Responsible for the coordination and preparation of year-end reports to external auditors for annual audit.
- Calculating variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Receiving and processing garnishments, and other deductions for payroll purposes.
- Performed monthly review of accounts receivable, contractual allowances and bad debt to determine the appropriate allowance for reserves and write off amounts.
- Prepared the monthly financial statements and provided senior management with a narrative of results and analysis of variances.
- Reviewed all journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure transactions are accurate and recorded timely.
Associate in Accounting