Data Center Technician Resume
Headline : Experienced IT data center technician with emphasis on backups, monitoring and reporting. Analytical and detail-oriented problem solver with 8 years overall IT experience. Self-motivated; comfortable taking initiative and working independently with little or no supervision.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Desktop Support, IT, Active Directory, Solarwinds Orion, Vmware, Data Backup & Recovery.
- Responsible for monitoring data center systems, navigating multiple operating systems, possessing a working knowledge of hardware, software applications and data center equipment.
- Performed data center equipment installs and maintenance tasks at multiple locations.
- Lead department technician for system backup configuration and troubleshooting issues.
- Led successful hardware migration effort for Symantec NetBackup environment.
- Coordinated with various IT department stakeholders to ensure business continuity during upgrades.
- Represented data center team on the IT Change Management Board.
- Presented all proposed changes from the group to the rest of the board for approval.
- Provided subject-matter expertise regarding systems monitoring and backups to the board.
B.S. In Political Science
Lead Data Center Technician Resume
Headline : Possess strong networking, communication, and organizational skills. Innovative and resourceful with the ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts. Professional with a unique aptitude for recognizing and maximizing team competencies. Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Skills : Wright Soft, All Office platforms., Fast Duct Software for HVAC take-offs.
- Receiving, unpacking, and inventorying equipment from vendors.
- Responsible for rack mounting servers and other computing equipment.
- Responsible for the deployment of new infrastructure, such as routers, switches, NAS storage arrays, Firewalls, etc.
- Ensure that the Data Center current infrastructure is maintained, ensuring successful deployment of any new infrastructure elements and on-going administration of all Data Center equipment and support systems.
- Follow Logistics protocol; project planning, and general work procedures.
- Remove decommissioned equipment and prepare for recycle.
- Install Power Distribution Units (PDU) in racks.
Data Center Technician III Resume
Summary : Technological aptitude and communication skills to benefit your company. Looking for a position where I will utilize these skills, and be challenged to not only improve upon them, but learn new skills as well.
Skills : Operating systems, computer hardware, networking, TCP/IP, troubleshooting, Tech Support, cabling.
- Assembled, tested, and troubleshot data center servers and other hardware.
- Worked from configuration drawings and documentation to assemble IT hardware.
- Installed Ethernet and Power cables to meet Redapt quality standards.
- Labeled and configured hardware, cables and racks per customer requirements.
- Followed quality procedures and recorded data.
- Operated test and lab equipment to evaluate operation of finished products.
- Kept track of inventory and monitored hardware usage.
- Responsible for the training of less technical assembly positions.
Data Center Technician I Resume
Objective : Dedicated to learning, not afraid to take on a challenge, interested in working efficiently in a thought-provoking team environment, managing multiple projects with competing priorities in a collaborative, self-directed setting, and upholding scheduled deadlines.
Skills : Studying for CCNA, Linux, Blade servers, Hardware, LAMP, Cisco, Networking.
- Assist with the computer operations within the data center.
- Responsible for production systems' online response time.
- Maintains system availability, prepares metrics to evaluate system performance.
- Works with other IT technicians to ensure service objectives are met.
- Check clients into the Data Center through Bio-metrics, Answer phones, emails and tickets regarding work for the Data Center.
- Build Racks, setup Servers, Routers & switches with Copper & Fiber cable.
- Assist with maintenance and setup of Local Area Network.
Prof. Data Center Technician Resume
Summary : Proficient Data Center Technician with background in Linux systems. Skilled in networking protocols and server maintenance. Versed in troubleshooting servers, switches and client systems, install operating systems, installation of Dell blade servers and upgrading systems.
Skills : Networking, Cisco IOS, VLAN, DNS, Windows 2000/XP,.
- Manage and maintain over 200 production and QA servers.
- Collaborate with Windows, Linux, and Server teams and other department stakeholders to provide valuable system processes that support business needs and moderate the resolution of conflicting needs.
- Conduct regular server maintenance by updating firmware, upgrading hardware, including RAM, PCI cards, and hard drives.
- Initial server set up of new and used servers, including software, network configuration and cabling of network and power.
- Administered access control and provided technical support for external users while maintaining business-critical security models.
- Implemented a new Data Center Information Management system that improved multiple business processes by increasing efficiency, providing new value and improving visibility of Data Center operations and facilities.
- Implemented a new SAN fabric system that improved the efficiency of network speed and decreased latency to all servers in the network.
Data Center Technician II Resume
Headline : Professional with 6+ years of experience in the information technology. currently working towards gaining my CCNA certification. I have strong technical skills, to include support administration and hands-on experience of hardware, software and several different OS'. Networking skills include configuration and administration of small office network level switches, routers and wireless AP's.
Skills : Data center Technician, IT Foreman, Fiber Splicing.
- Performed hands-on and in-depth troubleshooting and associated repairs of failed server and storage systems.
- Performed thorough documentation of all service activities.
- Managed on-site parts locker including inventory control.
- Worked autonomously in providing on-site technical support to customers.
- Worked collaboratively with DCS DELL team environment.
- Maintained all Microsoft Data center security/safety protocols in the production environment.
- Closed 476 trouble tickets successfully Repaired server and switch hardware (motherboard, hard drives, cabling) Performed critical backups when needed.
Sr. Data Center Technician Resume
Summary : Over fifteen years as a computer professional, including nine years as a Network Technician and three years Help Desk experience and starting my second year in a data center. A productive self-starter with a strong work ethic.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Troubleshooting remotely.
- Provide telecommunications infrastructure services to telecom carriers, developers and integration providers.
- Key Accomplishments: Strategically planned, assisted and led technical projects to ensure on-time, requirements- compliant completion while maintaining high quality standards.
- Played a key role as a contract technician at an IBM data center on AT&T frame relay network.
- Maintained responsibility for effectively installing and disconnecting routers , switches, frame relay equipment, modems and other telecommunication equipment in racks.
- Performed a broad range of day-to-day activities, with an emphasis on performing contract calls for rebooting, replacing, and repairing AT&T Telecommunications Equipment.
- Developed a strong proficiency in conducting repairs for Cisco Routers/Switches, Lucent Frame Relay Equipment, servers, plus DSO/DS1/DS3, and fiber optics.
- Monitored packages to other AT&T offices via FedEx, UPS, and US Post Office.
- Appointed as the Access Manager for this site secure location, with accountability for facilitating other vendors to perform work at the site, which contained millions of dollar of data equipment.
Associate In Electronics
Jr. Data Center Technician Resume
Objective : Area Information Technology Manager Technical Support Customer Service Project Management Network Administration Delivering High Quality Work & Ensuring Success.
Skills : Microsoft office, Conflict Resolution, Mediation, Critical Thinking, Group Facilitation, Windows OS, Analysis, Network Management, Excel, Virtualization.
- Updated work order documentation, technical schematics, and diagrams.
- Coordinated with vendors on support and replacement devices.
- Decommissioned, removed, relocated data equipment.
- Managed ticketing system team queue, upgraded and configured IP addresses on routers and servers, imaged computers, performed file backups of system and user data, restored data and or systems as needed.
- Improved efficiency and productivity by reorganized and labeling Ethernet and fiber cables to allow for easy tracing and identification.
- Performed tasks for vendors with little or no system downtime.
- Installed, configured and test new servers, workstations, software, and peripherals.
Data Center Technician/Analyst Resume
Objective : Responsible for a wide variety of tasks. These are a few of my personal accomplishments. Developed the process for tape librarian duties. Working with offsite facility, created the documentation, and trained co-workers.
Skills : Customer Service, Unix, Microsoft Networking, Data Center, Enterprise Level Active Directory.
- Operate a variety of large and medium scale, high-speed, multiprocessing, multiprogramming, on-line, real-time, data communication computer systems.
- Ensure the efficient operation and total availability of all computer systems and associated peripheral such as tape drives, disk drives, printers, line controllers and remote terminals and printers , which includes trouble shooting and minor maintenance of each.
- Provide on-the-job training in computer operations and administrative tasks for all newly assigned employees.
- Operate a multi-user terminal in support of problem control, to record problems, job delays, system malfunctions and any other operations delays by utilizing the automated incident reporting system.
- Determine if the problem is hardware or software oriented, solve it telephonically, or dispatch a technician to the problem site or after duty hours personally investigate, and if possible, correct remote terminal malfunctions.
- Respond to trouble tickets to resolve user problems.
- Provide personal computer support, problem analysis, and hardware/software installation and configuration.
Data Center Technician Lead Resume
Headline : Self-motivated, deadline-driven professional with customer-service experience seeking an opportunity as an IT professional. Strong written and verbal communications skills, proven work ethic and customer focus.
Skills : Linux/Unix Administraton.
- Assist with technology installation, which includes setting up cabinets, racking equipment, and cabling devices.
- Testing and troubleshooting CAT 5, 6 and fiber cabling.
- Installing, replacing or removing equipment components (such as a router/switch card memory, hard drives, PCI cards etc.) Troubleshooting of unreachable systems (Servers, Network Devices, and Security Devices etc.).
- Complete backup tape procedures per customer requests.
- Enforcing Data Center policies and standards.
- Assisting with uncrating equipment from boxes, RMA and shipping of replaced equipment.
- Racked, cabled and labeled HP Proliant, IBM, SUN and DELL servers.
- Monitored Liebert fluid coolers, chillers and CRAC units.
Data Center Technician/Supervisor Resume
Headline : Safety conscious and ethical employee with extensive experience in all aspects of project management, Data Center operations, policy and procedures, as well as commercial and industrial electrical service and installation.
Skills : Microsoft, Fluent In Russian, Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Visio, SCOM, SIM.
- Handled setup of computers and network in client suites.
- Configured server software and performed windows server troubleshooting.
- Installed and maintained server hardware and server storage devices including SANS.
- Assisted 3rd party vendors with data center work.
- Coordinated with clients on data center visits, server removals, server additions and server shutdowns.
- Developed batch programs to simplify the monitoring of workstations.
- Managed the data center and maintained the Disaster Recovery Workstations for 30 clients.
- Maintained documentation of the data center and disaster recovery suites.
Data Center Technician Resume
Headline : Self- Starter, Dependable, Focused on results, and a team player with 6 years of IT experience Knowledge and understanding of but not limited to: Microsoft Windows Operating Systems Microsoft Active Directory Microsoft Office Desktop & Laptop Hardware Routers (wired and wireless) Firewalls (Cisco PIX Firewalls) Kiwi (SysLog and Cat Tools).
Skills : Server Hardware Modification, OS Installations.
- Provide 24x7x365 operation, monitoring, management, reporting and maintenance of multi-platform computer systems Participate in the installation, engineering, maintenance, and support of hardware systems and operating systems.
- Monitor and support the enterprise wide LAN/WAN infrastructure as tier one support for network engineering staff.
- Follow all IT policies, procedures and processes.
- Work collaboratively with information technology teams and coordinate between technical and non-technical staff.
- Identify, classify, analyze, resolve, report, document, and manage system hardware and software problems.
- Utilize troubleshooting methodology to assist various IT teams in analyzing problems and resolving Data Center issues.
- Follow established guidelines and procedures for documenting and tracking problems and incidents.