Desktop Support Engineer Resume
Objective : To work with competitive and challenging environment so as enhance managerial and personal attributes and to implement efficient working methods for the betterment of organization.
Skills : Linux, Hardware, Networking.
- Created and developed new users sop, departure sop, and new user's requests forms for onsite along with four remote locations for anite.
- Setup new user accounts in active directory; creation of new mailbox accounts via exchange management console 2010, obtain hardware for the user, setup cisco jabber, cisco unified IP phone, setup voicemails with phone extensions, setting up new user on site also remote users via remotely.
- Departing users procedure removing users account via active directory, redirecting users emails to manager, discharging users hardware, creating backup image of the machine, refresh image of the machine for a new user setup, update the inventory spreadsheet.
- Verify machines to be added via wsus to receive patches, added TrendMicro server and also to check weekly security logs for any viruses/malware infected machines, also checking and sending emails to remote users with self-service password reset tool; netwrix to avoid password expirations on weekly basis.
- Build VMware clients for various users via VMware vSphere Client, adding users to certain distribution lists, security groups based on their job roles.
- Configuring/troubleshooting user's machines onsite and also remote offices based on their IT architecture setup, requests from users to upgrade their machines hardware/software.
- Troubleshooting user enable to access remote machines.
- Troubleshooting onsite and also remote network printers, saving monthly print logs for our records, sending the job count to printer manufacturer on monthly basis for the expense reports.
Sr. Desktop Support Engineer Resume
Objective : Over 15 year's experience in the computer industry. Experience in Manual and Automated testing. White/Black box testing. Involved in GUI, Regression and Functional testing. Good experience in Keep tracking of Bug life cycle.
Skills : Troubleshooting, Inventory Management, Desktop Support, Windows 7, Active Directory, Networking, dhcp.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining end-user computer environments including troubleshooting and end user training for the Executive Secretariat in the Bureau of Information Resource Management at the U.S Department of State.
- Supported hardware/software evaluation, both physical and virtual technologies, and capacity planning.
- Interfaced with multiple levels of users, management, and technical staff.
- Provided a high level of customer service support for office automation applications, PCs and laptops, and printers, including after hour support.
- Served as a user liaison covering computer system end-user operations, including but not limited to system sign-on, use of the menu and help systems, Microsoft Office programs, telecommunications, use and troubleshooting of computers and printers.
- Troubleshoot desktop errors and provide support and maintenance for the end-user desktop experience including hardware and software.
- Coordinated and managed the end-user computer environment.
- Maintained accurate reports of system malfunctions and referred issues to more senior subject matter experts when problems occurred which were beyond my proficiency.
Jr. Desktop Support Engineer Resume
Summary : More than ten years' experience in End-User Desktop Support and Network Infrastructure Support including eight years onsite IT Services with the General Services Administration (GSA) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
Skills : CCNA, Computer Savvy, Networking, Active Directory.
- Performed PC desktop support to monitor and maintain computer systems functionality for large commercial customers.
- Built, configured, and troubleshooted IBM / Dell compatible computers.
- Provided 24/7 support, diagnosing and repairing network servers, HP, Compaq, and IBM systems.
- Conferred with computer users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Managed all phases of PC hardware and software implementation to include identification of requirements, scheduling, budgeting, project management, selection, and reporting to successfully deliver PC system solutions based on customer specifications and timelines.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems, replacing defective components when applicable.
- Maintained and administered computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Recommended changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
Desktop Support Engineer III Resume
Objective : Secure a Technical Support/Management position with a company that would benefit from managerial, technical and organizational experience in a Windows domain environment.
Skills : Windows, VMWare, VOIP, Printers, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Websense Security.
- Hired full-time to troubleshoot and support the network infrastructure.
- Assist the Systems Administrator and IT Manager with infrastructure improvements and test reliability.
- Reduced the IT department from 4 to 3 by taking on additional responsibilities, yet still maintaining the high availability network (99.999%) and efficient user support needed.
- Assisted in consolidation of physical servers to virtual servers resulting in a substantial cost savings in equipment and power.
- Responsible for Desktop Support and procurement of Servers, Desktop PCs, hardware, software and peripherals, including HP printers and supplies.
- Implemented a customized Desktop Support program to improve support to users and track results.
- Customized the Desktop Support tool to use in the Engineering department allowing management to track open problem requests.
- Project Lead to design IT infrastructure and procure hardware for connecting to a new remote site in Bad Homburg, Germany.
A.A.S. In Electronics
Desktop Support Engineer II Resume
Summary : Desktop Support Engineer with over 8 years of hands-on Information Technology experience with a high level of integrity and the willingness to make significant contributions; courteous and has gained a reputation of being a self-starter and team player. Areas of expertise include Computer Programming and Wireless Systems Technology.
Skills : Windows, Microsoft office, OSX, ServieNow, Hardware.
- Worked with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients, including associated validated systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Performed on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Worked with the procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Performed upgrades, installation, repairs, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, laptops, peripheral equipment, desktop applications and systems to ensure longevity within established standards and guidelines.
- Maintained accurate information and data regarding end-users within the Service Wise tracking system, spreadsheets and according to policies and standards.
- Assisted in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
- Maintained software and hardware inventory.
Desktop Support Engineer I Resume
Headline : An energetic, self-starting Desktop Support Engineer working with excellent analytical, organizational, and creative skills. Highly motivated and versatile, employment experience and education show proven ability for analyzing problems, developing and simplifying procedures, and finding innovative solutions.
Skills : Vmware, Windows Server, TCP/IP, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Procurement, Linux, Powershell, Dell Kace, Citrix, Software Deployment, Dhcp, DNS, windows 10, Scripting.
- Monitored Windows Server production environments utilizing SCOM to troubleshoot any critical issues for external and internal users.
- Supported users with Windows 7 and 8/Mac OSX/Mobile Devices (iPhone/BlackBerry/Android/iPad).
- Served as a technical liaison between IT and upper management in implementing procedural changes, software/hardware standards and standard operating procedures.
- Created and managed users accounts using Active Directory.
- Exceeded client expectations by using EAGLE product, technical and client expertise to effectively provide application support.
- Provided on-call support for after hours support and also coordinated off-shore team located in India to handle any routine non business impacting incidents during overnight hours to ensure 24/7 availability.
- Assisted IT Management in building knowledge of the ServiceNow ticketing system managing incidents and service requests through task submission, prioritization, and completion.
Diploma In Engineering
Desktop Support Engineer/Tehnician Resume
Objective : Certified professional with 2 years of help desk experience providing software, hardware, client/server, and networking technical support. Proven success working in high-volume, 24x7 technical call centers. Demonstrated strengths in rapidly diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving client issues.
Skills : Hardware & Networking , CCNA , MCSA.
- Assists in the configuration, installation, maintenance, and operation of local area network products and services.
- Performs administrative functions for servers, including but not limited to: Access/permissions to applications, databases and system resources; Creates and maintains directory structures and print queues.
- Provides end-user systems support: Provides 24 x 7 on-call PC and server site support.
- Provides support resolution for highly complex PC and server issues.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation and specifications, drawings, and systems documentation.
- Assists in managing servers, operating systems, and network based software that resides on the servers.
- Assists in the backup and restore of all systems including the planning of disaster recovery for specified systems.
- Assists operating units in the design and implementation of new or modified systems, and makes recommendations to improve service.
Bachelor Of Business
Desktop Support Engineer/Specialist Resume
Headline : Self-motivated & team-oriented IT Technician with a variety of hands on practical knowledge and experience dealing with information technology concepts and applications. Extensive computer and networking experience gained by learning in enterprise computing environments; building, supporting, and maintaining all major versions of Windows and a variety of Linux operating systems.
Skills : Desktop Support, Network Administration.
- Assigned as one of the key point of contacts for EMC2catalyst group and EMC2 University in the set up and configuration of their computer systems.
- Worked for WCA at UMASS Memorial Hospital and EMC2 trouble shooting, installing, maintaining computer systems.
- Responded to customer requests for help through Heat and Target ticketing systems.
- Built custom computer systems required by different departments.
- Configured, Imaged, and repaired Dell, IBM, Laptop systems to component level.
- Created Images using Ghost software for Umass Memorial individual departments.
- Connected network jacks in customer offices and cubes in the network closet/router closet Was responsible for all warranty repairs for Umass and EMC2 computer systems leased through Whalley Computer Associates and kept track of all asset information.
- Performed Windows 2000 migration support at Umass Memorial Hospital and EMC2.
Asst. Desktop Support Engineer Resume
Headline : Solutions-focused; self-starter; and team oriented IT professional, with 20 years of experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PCs, Mac's and network hardware. Proven ability to successfully analyze an organization's IT support requirements; identify deficiencies and potential opportunities.
Skills : Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Microsoft Office,.
- Install, configure, and maintain new hardware, systems, devices and software for our networks.
- Provide proactive maintenance of systems by working on the client servers remotely.
- Manage system back-up and recovery solutions, such as Shadow Protect and Backup Exec.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Monitor system performance and implements performance tuning as needed.
- Participates in developing and maintaining technical documentation associated with our systems.
- Follow department procedures for successful incident management Proactively monitor the overall health of network and server infrastructure.
Desktop Support Engineer/Consultant Resume
Summary : Technical support professional offering extensive experience and thorough knowledge of different operating systems, hardware, desktop peripherals, IT network systems and firewalls Over twelve years' experience as a desktop support engineer for 5 organizations.
Skills : Desktop Support, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Remote Support, PC Repair, Management, Troubleshooting, Microsoft Office 365, Networking, Mac OS X, Windows 7, Imaging.
- Responding to associate service calls to troubleshoot the nature of reported problems and taking the necessary steps to resolve those problems.
- Imaging and migration of existing PCs from Windows XP to Windows 7 or 8 and upgrades.
- Creating and managing user account including password reset.
- Remotely troubleshooting to resolve computing issues, Provide support for line of business applications.
- Installing and supporting all types of Microsoft Office Products, troubleshooting Outlook and installation of various applications for users.
- Setup of wireless handheld devices such as blackberry, apple ios - iPhone / iPad.
- Worked closely and effectively with vendors to replace/repair defective hardware and software.
- Install hardware and peripheral components like disk drives, printers, Scanner, keyboards, and monitors.
Asst. Desktop Support Engineer Resume
Summary : Desktop Support Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operation of our technical support desk. This includes maintaining a professional, organized and efficient support environment by providing service excellence to our customers.
Skills : Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013, Active Directory.
- Respond to Remedy incident and change tasks, customer phone calls, emails and requests for all IT services.
- Implemented security breach corrective actions.
- Provided technical expertise and consultation in the development and maintenance of computer systems and applications.
- Repaired and/or replaced computer hardware.
- Instructed users with step by step instructions as well as provide desk-side coaching.
- Executed PC application installations and new hire equipment deployments.
- Create and update call logs documenting customer interactions and troubleshooting efforts for problem resolution using Remedy.
Desktop Support Engineer Resume
Summary : Strength in partnering with clients, teams, vendors and management to identify needs and oversee the installation, configuration, optimization and support of networks for businesses. Organized, take-charge professional with exceptional follow-through abilities and detail orientation; skilled in planning and coordinating projects from inception to successful solutions.
Skills : Engineering, Operator.
- Improved workstation performance and application throughput by 50% through aligning disk partitions and re-designing deployment processes for both new and replacement workstations.
- Created documentation to assist the desktop support team in the installation, configuration, and operation of new software and support tools.
- Managed configuration, training and support processes for the Digital Imaging group.
- Performed after-hours and on-call rotation duties.
- Standardized workstation infrastructure, provided upgrades for old machines, assisted in moving infrastructure from leased to company-owned equipment.
- Established new solutions for existing system issues, provided one-on-one training to staff on updated procedures.
- Provided support for mobile device infrastructure.
Bachelor's In University