Desktop Technician Resume
Summary : Experienced and knowledgeable in network design, development and implementation. End user training, customer service, troubleshooting, and technical applications. Scheduling, project management, budgeting and estimates.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, VNC, Vmware, Vmware, Cisco.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, upgrades and repairs computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals.
- Works closely with the Help Desk team to resolve customer support issues.
- Works under general supervision and responsible for the planning, scheduling, and installation of new hardware and software.
- Configuration, relocation, and support of new or refurbish systems for both large and small deployments to include installing RAM, hard drives, peripherals.
- Installing OS both manual and through Altiris deployment console (XP, W7), configure PCs and laptops for secure connectivity on LAN, Wi-Fi or 4G.
- Connectivity and configuration to a server hosted databases through ODBC, Oracle, and VMs.
- Configuration of mobile devices such as tablets, laptops, smart phones.
Certificate Of Completion
Desktop Technician I Resume
Objective : To obtain a position with an organization that will further enhance my personal knowledge, skills and abilities to ensure growth in all areas of life.
Skills : Cisco Network Support, MS Windows, Active Directory, Novell Netware, Linux, Servers, Netbackup.
- Provide technical software, hardware and network support to all end user computers and peripheral equipment on domain.
- Provides technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related software/hardware.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when related to personal desktop computers.
- Deliver technical customer support over the phone and with end user.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner to end user.
- Participates in new application and hardware rollouts, testing and special projects as needed.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature.
Associate's In Partnership
Desktop Technician III Resume
Summary : Seeking challenging opportunity where abilities, education and experience within the general discipline of computer services will have valuable application. The position will offer ample opportunity for advancement and financial returns in line with individual contributions to company goals.
Skills : Customer Service, Shipping & Receiving, Register, Technical Support, Stocking & Inventory, Money Handling.
- Desktop Management Migrated company infrastructure from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- Initiated migration of company infrastructure from 32-Bit to 64-Bit.
- Initiated migration of company PCs from consumer class to business class.
- Spearheaded organization and migration of company infrastructure from scattered 192-dot IP addressing scheme to a standardized 10-dot IP addressing scheme.
- Reviewed, verified, and combined current and past IP mapping documentation.
- Reorganized company's PC naming scheme to provide additional information about the asset to aid with troubleshooting.
- Performed start-to-finish building of new and replacement workstations from initial unboxing to final deployment.
Web Development & Design
Desktop Technician II Resume
Summary : Information Systems graduate seeking a challenging job opportunity within a strong company with integrity. Offering to support the computer and networking needs through the technical, managerial, and interpersonal skills needed in the IT consulting industry.
Skills : A+ And MCP Certifications.
- Assisted end-users, and IT specialists by phone and email with first-level technical support; working to resolve as many incidents at the Tier 1 level.
- Worked with Tier II, and other groups to resolve technical problems.
- Created, responded, and escalate tickets as necessary to the proper groups.
- In which each ticket must have troubleshooting documentation that explains the problem, work done on the problem and the resolution to the problem.
- Provided timely responses to client, and management requests.
- Updated the status on such requests that needs to be provided on a regular basis.
- Followed set policies, and procedures when assisting clients to ensure proper handling of requests.
- Contributed knowledge, and updated information to maintain the Help Desk SOPs and Training manuals for Tier I support.
Master of Science
Desktop Technician II Resume
Objective : A young professional and effectual leader, with a proven ability to exceed management's expectations: Fast learner with excellent customer service and managerial skills Knows how to assess technical problems and remedy them accurately in a timely manner. Passion for difficult challenges in corporate environments Proactive worker that strives for optimum productivity.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Imaging desktops/laptops, Server backup, Troubleshooting, Skype, Windows XP - 10, HP printers, IBM laptops.
- Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Determines impact of known and anticipated business needs upon system configurations in use.
- Researches, evaluates, designs, and proposes basic to moderately complex technology solutions to meet business needs cost-effectively and in accordance to standards.
- Evaluates database design and configuration thresholds, including capacity and performance.
- Recommends system improvements as needed to resolve instability issues and extend overall system life.
- Evaluates and prescribes software routines and procedures to keep resource consumption (CPU cycles, disk read/write processes, network traffic) at a minimum.
Sr. Desktop Technician Resume
Headline : Highly qualified Desktop Technician with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Java, C++, Customer Service, Python.
- Provide support for computer-related requests and issues for the end user community.
- Provide Tier 1/2/3 system and application support to both on and off site users.
- Setup and configure new user accounts/emails using Microsoft Exchange Server and Active Directory.
- Upgrade and deploy new hardware for current users and new hire.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues related to Windows XP/7/8/10 operating systems.
- Test and implement new systems/applications to improve both company and end user efficiency.
- Complete and close helpdesk tickets or escalate to higher as needed.
- Instruct onboarding and training classes for new hires and current employees to help them successfully set up and understand new equipment and applications.
BA In Information Technology
Jr. Desktop Technician Resume
Objective : A versatile and passionate leader dedicated to building strong teams and inspire others towards growth and success. Demonstrates the ability to multitask, problem-solve and adapt to change in fast paced environments without compromising standards and quality of work. Desires to bring experience, skills and abilities to your organization with an open mind and an enthusiastic drive to win.
Skills : Desktop Support, Windows OS, VPN, Remote Acccess, Remote Acccess, Microsoft Office Packages, Microsoft Office Packages, VOIP, Remedy, Software Trouble Shooting, Hardware Trouble Shooting, Helpdesk Support.
- Provided technical support, training and develop documentation in a variety of applications to enhance business opportunities for client.
- Responsible for the development, instruction, and evaluation of training of on-site employees.
- Provided assistance in hardware/software solutions for vendors, internal and external clients.
- Responsible for overall installation and processes to PBX Telephone system.
- Supervised development of training material for equipment implementation.
- Create user accounts in active directory (AD), as well as configure email account in Exchange.
- Supported 2 MAC OS systems for publication work located in the word processing center.
Bachelor Of Science
IT Desktop Technician Resume
Summary : A highly skilled and driven information technology professional with wide-ranging experience in maintaining Windows-based systems, troubleshooting hardware/software issues and network issues, building servers and workstations, and installing software for different platforms. Utilizes time and resources to achieve key objectives and facilitate the lasting success of an organization.
Skills : C, C++, Java, HTML, VHDL, Verilog, MATLAB, NI AWR, Cadence Virtuoso, Arduino, LabVIEW, Xilinx ISE, LT Spice, PSPICE, Silvaco TCAD, AutoCAD, Code Composer Studio.
- Deployed new hire computer equipment (both desktops and laptops) for local and remote users.
- Worked in the company datacenter and installed memory and hard drives into HP blade servers.
- Managed user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, and anti-spam when called upon.
- Set up company backup software, Back-up exec and also set up back-up schduele.
- Started and maintained an asset management program using the Wasp system.
- Built virtual servers using VMware for usage as domain controllers, Exchange server, IIS server, and SharePoint server.
- Built and maintained Domain Controller and Exchange server for 500 user office.
Computer Network Management
Lead Desktop Technician Resume
Summary : Find a career opportunity that will allow me to utilize my skills, expand my capabilities, and assume additional responsibilities so that I may be recognized as a valued member of the company.
Skills : Active directory, Quick learner, Point of Sale system.
- Desktop support of 60 users and their thin clients and virtual systems.
- Troubleshooting and configuration of network printers, label printers, and other devices.
- Deployment and imaging of new systems to the corporate network environment.
- Installation of telephones, monitors, and devices in conference rooms.
- New hire orientation and training for the IT department.
- Configuration and updating of laptops and mobile thin clients for end users.
- Installation of various software suites and packages for user specific applications.
- Management of network systems through Triactive help desk software and ticketing system.
Desktop Technician Support Resume
Objective : Over 18 years of experienced as an Information Technology Professional with proven skills in problem/incident coordination, trending and analysis, service management processes, hardware, software, and networking. Creating and analyzing detailed trending reports. Provided problem and incident coordination for a large area. Experienced in the installation and repair of a wide range of computers, PDAs, and printers.
Skills : Bilingual English/Spanish Technical help desk experience.
- Provided password administration for NT, Novell, and Mainframe Security.
- Managed a laptop pool for corporate employees.
- Provided first and second tier technical support for local and remote end users.
- Worked on a helpdesk responsible for 700-1000 home office workers and 7,000-9,000 field agents.
- Performed hands-on support for the corporate office.
- Trained customers on the basic use of Windows operating systems and the basic usage of the Internet.
- Responsible for the installation and troubleshooting of the Lotus Notes Client.
- Provided support for many applications both in-house, and commercial packages.
Information Services Desktop Technician Resume
Summary : Over 200,000 Tech support calls resolved to satisfaction. Experience installing network devices such as Printers, Fax Machines, Bar Code Scanners, switches, and VOIP phones. Desktop and Laptop models experience: HP, Dell, ASUS, Toshiba, and Sony VIO, Lenovo, and Apple Macintosh Familiar with various types of imaging software such as SCCM, Ghost and LANDesk (pxe-boot).
Skills : Network & Computer Repair/Maintenance, Audio/Visual Technology, Retail Sales, Networking and Telecommunications repair and installation, Burglar Alarm system repair and installation, POS and Security Camera installation.
- IP Remediation Moved several subsets that interfered with the new owners standard subletting.
- Printer install project Total project: About 200 printers in a major hospital network.
- Troubleshot connectivity, compatibility and functionality issues with the new devices.
- Encryption project Total project: About 300 systems mixed Desktops and laptops in a major hospital network.
- Uninstalled Symantec Endpoint Encryption Troubleshooting issues related to encryption.
- Coordinated and scheduled system access for the rest of the team.
- Tracked and documented work completed and systems remaining.
Desktop Technician Resume
Summary : Developed, deployed and managed company IT infrastructure for 12 years based on Windows Server - Active Directory, networking, file and print services, databases, mail and messaging services. Implemented and managed Unix/Linux servers - networking, firewall, mail service, file service, databases, web hosting. Deployed and managed external storage systems for cluster systems and file servers.
Skills : Computer Skills, Networking, Network Administration, TCP, Desktop Support, Netbackup, Windows, Internet.
- Planned and successfully rollout of more than 25 new Windows XP desktops, within one month.
- Installed and configured network virus scanning solutions onto Windows 2003 File server.
- Established and monitored IT processes and procedures, ensuring adherence to company standards.
- Analyzed and resolved all hardware, software and networking issues.
- Managed Lotus Notes server created new user accounts and troubleshot issues.
- Installed and configured HP enterprise level switches.
- Installed and configured Microwave WAN infrastructure for local building connections.