Director Of Activities Resume
Summary : Responsible Activities of Director Manager with excellent communication skills demonstrated by over 7 years pf experience in health care both long term and skilled nursing.
Skills : Event Planning, Leadership, Marketing, Social Media, Public Relations, Critical Thinking.
- Maintained 3 different budgets for department (payroll, vendors and supplies).
- Conducted probationary and annual evaluations of all staff under my supervision.
- Oversaw transportation scheduling and was volunteer coordinator.
- Facilitated monthly activities calendar for long term and skilled nursing residents.
- Coordinated and planned special events per calendar quarter.
- Maintained a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
- Participated in maintenance of safe conditions within the facility and other related areas..
Sr. Director Of Activities Resume
Summary : Responsible and dedicated Activity Director. Planning activities and Intensive Sensory Programs to give residents greater quality of life, participating in Family Meetings weekly to keep families informed, completing MDS Assessments, identifying triggers, searching better and more effective ways.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, And Word, Leadership..
- Recorded behaviors and provided care plans for more than 100 residents.
- Used computers for various applications, such as Daylight IQ for charting updates, Point Click Care for MDS Data, Print Shop for calendars and fliers.
- Performed payroll functions, such as maintaining timekeeping information and processing and submitting payroll.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Operated office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers etc.
- Greeted visitors or callers and handle their inquiries according to their needs.
- Completed forms in accordance with company procedures.
Certification In Course
Director Of Activities III Resume
Summary : Looking for assistant administrators position so that may gain the required field experience in order to complete nursing home administrators license.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Management, Team Building, Project Management.
- Acted as an activities director by creating activities and calendars on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for all sites including: Jonathon Child, Danforth Towers, and Ridge Towers.
- Responsible for decoration at all sites in both dining areas and recreation rooms.
- Responsible for managing and scheduling up to 13 staff members.
- Scheduled activities for residents.
- Responsible for assessments of residents, resident interviews.
- Developed programming for Alzheimer's Unit Accomplishments.
Masters In Gerontology
Jr. Director Of Activities Resume
Objective : To provide outstanding care, commitment, and service through recreation therapy to residents. To improve to quality of life to residents through recreation therapy in the spiritual, emotional, cognitive, physical and emotional domains as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Director.
Skills : Ms Word, MS Office, Management, Retail Management, Event Coordination, Event Management, Warehouse Management.
- Responsible for Planning and coordinating all activities relating to the chapter Liaison to campus, community activities, events and organizations among members.
- Planned and implemented activities for 20 seniors diagnosed with memory loss and dementia.
- Provided a safe and cognitively stimulating environment.
- Responsible for Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating the activity programs of the facility.
- Assisted in the planning development and implementation of department policies.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures for the activities department in coordination with all other departments in order to identify the medically related activities needs of the individual.
- Directed, implemented and coordinated all volunteer activities within the facility.
Bachelor Of Science
Director Of Activities II Resume
Summary : Coach able with strong analytical problem solving skills. Collaborative communicator focused on building relationships and promoting synergy across business lines. Sufficient experience in project design and management, customer service, marketing, business leadership, and undergraduate research.
Skills : Coordinate programs, Direct a department, Facilitate workshops with staff, Interviewing and Training.
- Performed all required administrative requirements as pertains to the department including necessary forms and reports.
- Reviewed and developed plans of correction for the activities department as needed.
- Responsible for Development, implementation and maintenance of an ongoing quality assurance program for the department.
- Participated in and reporting to the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Interviewed Residents and Family members in order to obtain pertinent information in regards to activity interests and pursuits of the resident in order to ensure an individual personalize care plan for all residents.
- Created and implementated individualized care plans for each resident based on his or her psychosocial, emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
- Created and implemented the monthly recreation calendar including low functioning/cognitively impaired programs and one on one visits to create recreation therapy for every resident.
Therapeutic Recreation Program
Director Of Activities I Resume
Objective : To obtain a position in long term care that will utilize experience and passion for enhancing the quality of life of seniors.
Skills : Strong Management And Ability To Lead.
- Efficiently scheduled, planned and staffed 120 hours per week of a variety of activity programming, including Sensory Stimulation, within budget.
- Conducted assessments to determine patients' ability to participate, in order to deliver custom programs based on their needs.
- Collaborated with Activity Assistants to leverage their strengths in leading entertaining activities.
- Maintained all required IDPH documentmentation.
- Created, organized and executed fundraisers to supplement the budget, reduce costs and fund the acquisition of activity supplies, and art supplies, at the same time producing fun and interesting events for residents.
- Originated a Sundowners Program to pre-empt and minimize episodes for afflicted patients.
- Identified and documented the time of day when patients began to show sundowners affects.
Asst. Director Of Activities Resume
Objective : Strong Organizational Skills and proven ability to manage multiple priorities. Supervisory experience managing staff. Excellent customer service skills and extensive experience dealing with diverse populations. Ability to handle confidential and other sensitive information with discretion.
Skills : Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Activities Director, Activities Assistant.
- Transformed 70 formerly passive members into a lively community of people involved in their own recovery using multiple, creative, teaching and .
- Supervised a staff of 2 LAUSD teachers and 2 assistants.
- Established and maintained positive relationships with sister facilities and community organizations.
- Developed and implemented meaningful and enjoyable activities, focusing on emotional, physical, education and social aspects.
- Worked with the interdisciplinary team to ensure quality care for the facilities residents.
- Recruited and coordinated with volunteers.
- Provided supervision and training of 9 employees in order to ensure organization policy and procedures are maintained.
B.A. In Gerontology
Associate Director Of Activities Resume
Headline : To secure a position where can gain practical experience in the running of day to day operations at an adult care facility in the office and activity department.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Word, Microsoft Excel, Leadership, Management.
- Worked closely with Marketing Department in planning outside community events.
- Ensured all corporate, federal/ state guidelines and regulations were met.
- Planned, created and implemented a strategic therapeutic recreation plan for 60 residents in a permanent inpatient rehabilitation setting.
- Managed scheduling of activity assistants, volunteers and presenters.
- Substantially increased participation in residents to daily activity programs.
- Created activity calendars sixty days in advance.
- Managed staff and tracked payroll for three activity assistants.
Lead Director Of Activities Resume
Objective : To contribute to the Company's success through the use of exceptional customer service, education, and work experience.
Skills : Tournament Organization, Microsoft Office, Excel, Public Speaking, Tournament Organization.
- Recruited, hired, trained, and retained a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the Activities department.
- Completed assessments, care plans and collected information to design activities that are multi-faceted.
- Recorded progress notes in the clinical record including subjective findings, objective symptoms, observations of behavior and interventions.
- Reviewed chart entries for completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinated facility volunteer program in adherence with company policy.
- Directed and organized therapeutic activities to assist residents to meet care plan objectives.
- Regulated content of program in compliance with residents' abilities needs and interests.
Social & Behavioral Sciences
Director Of Activities Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Director Of Activities with experience in the industry. Creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, collaborative environment on which company prides itself.
Skills : Public Speaking, Education, Strategic Planning, Project Management.
- Answered the phone and assist walk in visitors.
- Handled a small activity budget Balance Petty Cash and make report monthly.
- Hired and fired employees as needed.
- Assisted with payroll twice a month.
- Helped residents and staff when a problem arises.
- Gave tours and information to prospective residents when needed.
- Managed a staff of 27 activity associates who were responsible for the therapeutic activities of 419 residents Interviewed, hired, and lead.
Masters Of Business